M.Verstappen - Engagement

This was requested by fraugoretzk

******

Max is a really smart person but at this moment I'm debating with myself if that's true. And with that I mean, I've been dropping signals for him that I want to get married. We have been together for 5 years and still nothing. I've been doing this for more than a year and he is still oblivious.

Like dude, are you blind? Every time we walk past a jewellery shop, I will comment on a ring and he just nods. Wait, maybe he doesn't want to get married because every time I start talking about it he will change the subject.

I even asked his family and friends to drop the hint but Max will be Max. I know he loves me with all of his heart but does he want to wait another 5 years? I can't keep waiting, I'm not getting any younger and all my friends are getting married but me. C'mon Max, please just do it.

I open the email Charlotte sent to me.

CHARLOTTE + CHARLES

Dear Katja and Max,

You are invited to our wedding. Come and celebrate our special day on the 2nd of September. Hope to see you there.

Ceremony:

4 in the afternoon

Lily White Chapel

Monaco

Reception:

6 in the evening

Monaco Hotel

Monaco

I scoff in disbelief. There goes another wedding. I look at Max who is laying in front of my on the bed. "Hey, Schat," I say getting his attention. He puts down his phone and cuddles up close to me.

"Yes," he says and I smile at him. ow can someone be so cute and sweet with me but so different on the track? Some times he gets really mad on track. The first time I saw him like that I was completely shocked but I love all of Max.

"Charles and Charlotte invited us to their wedding," I say and he looks up.

"When is it?" He asks and snuggles his head back into my neck.

"2nd of September," I say and all he does is nod. When will this end? I know his parents divorced but that doesn't mean that we shouldn't get married.

I walk down the aisle with flowers in my hand. I walk over to Charles and stand on the other side of him. I'm so glad Charlotte found a man that loves her. The doors open and Charlotte steps into the room. She looks beautiful. I look at Charles and a tear slips from his eye. Max better cry at our wedding, if we are going to have one.

While the priest talks, I look over at Max who is sitting on the second row. I'm so glad I met him that day. 

*Flashback*

"Do you want to come with me to the race? It will be fun," Charlotte says and I sigh. I always watched F1 with my dad but since I moved out I didn't watch it anymore. No reason really, I just got busy.

"I thought you would never ask," I say and she hugs me happily. The Monaco Grand Prix is this weekend and all of the tickets are already sold out.

"Charles gave me the paddock passes yesterday while we flew back from Italy." They are an endgame. In a few years, they will definitely get married.

It's qualifying in 2 hours and I'm on my way to go get me and Charlotte ice cream. I stand in the line and a man quickly turns around with his ice cream in his hand. He walks into me and the ice cream smudges on my shirt.

I look down at my shirt and up at the stranger. He looks familiar. I look him in the eye and burst out laughing. He looks at me weirdly and I continue to laugh. "I'm so sorry," he apologizes and gets napkins and try to wipe it off my shirt.

"It's really fine. I was in your way, I can buy you another one."

"Are you serious right now? How can you be so chilled with this? I ruined your whole outfit and your laughing. I'm pretty sure every other girl would've slapped me," he says smiling at me.

"I guess it's your lucky day," I joke and he smiles. "I'm just in a good mood."

"Can I make it up with you?" He asks and I nod. He buys us ice cream and we start talking and getting to know each other.

I return to Charlotte without her ice cream but with a huge stain on my shirt.

We all arrive at reception with the new wedded couple. I hope this gave Max the wedding fewer since the other 4 didn't. Max and I dance to every song that comes up being our silly selves.

It's time for Charlotte to throw the bouquet. I stand with all the other ladies. I'm letting any of them get that bloody bouquet. I catch it winning the fight to the girl on my left. I'm competitive, deal with it.

I look over at Max and he shakes his head. He is also really competitive so he can't say a word. I just smile at him and he wraps his arms around me.

"Babe," Max says while we both are sitting in the kitchen drinking some wine. I'm hungry. I look up, "Get dressed we are going to the beach." He knows how much I love the beach. I spend most of my time at the beach.

"Finally. I missed the beach." I finish my drink and walk into our room and put on my bikini with stripes. Over my swimwear, I put on a white dress and some sandals. "I'm ready," I say seeing Max waiting for me on his phone. He stands up and gives me a quick kiss.

"Let's go then." We climb into the car and drive to the beach. We climb out and I look around seeing no one. That's really strange, normally there are a few people but the beach is empty. This is really sketchy.

I take my sandals off and see fairy light on the beach with the moon behind it reflecting on the waves crashing slightly. We walk a little more and I see a huge blanket that lays on the cold sand. "What's this?" I ask Max and he puts down the picnic basket. I didn't even see it.

"Can't I spoil my girl?"

"You always spoil me, Max." I walk over to him and give him a kiss.

"Do you wanna dance?" He asks and I nod. He puts on some music and we start dancing. He turns me around and I feel him letting go of me. I turn around and see him on his knees. I've never been so shocked in my entire life.

Max on his knees is a scene to see. "I've liked you since I smudged ice cream on me and I've loved you since kissed me after a race I won and I'm planning on loving you forevermore. I'm planning on spending every minute I can with you and I can't wait to spoil and love you. You mean everything to me. You are always there for me and I can't believe I have someone as perfect as you in my life. So, my question is. What are you doing for the rest of your life? Because I want to make you my wife," he says and a tear slips from eye.

"Yes, yes, yes," I say and he slides the ring on my finger. It fits my finger so well. He stands up and hugs me. "Who would say no to you?" I joke and he laughs softly.

"I'm sorry it took me a while but I struggled with the ring and I wanted to make it special for you."

"I'm just glad you finally asked me," I say and we pull away and he puts his lips on mine and we kiss passionately.

"Happy now?"

"More than happy but can we please eat because I'm really hungry," I say and Max laughs leading me to the blanket.

"Of course you are," he says taking out wraps. Yummy, my favourite.

****
Requests are open.