C.Leclerc - Coincidence

Requested by LandoNorris

****

"Audrey!" my boss shouted from her office. This woman is giving me a headache. I walk into her office. She looks up at me and I give her a fake smile. "Where your report? I got all the reports from tennis, basketball, baseball, rugby, football and hockey. The last time I checked you were the boss of the motorsport and I haven't received anything from MotoGP or Formula 1," she says shaking her head and crossing her arms.

"Luke, the Formula 1 journalist, is sick and couldn't go to last week's race."

"And who's problem is that? It's yours. You have to make a plan because I want those reports Monday morning. Now go before I make you leave," she says putting her glasses back on and I turn around and walk to the motorsport part of the building.

"Where is Luke?" I say loudly and everyone looks at me. There is silence. Luke walks into the room I cross my arms at him. I can lose my job because this guy doesn't want to do his job. "Where were you? I want that report Sunday night," I say and everyone goes back to their jobs.

"I...I," he says and sneezes and coughs right after. "I'm sorry I can't go. I'm still sick." He sneezes again.

"Bless you and your soul," I say and he looks down. "Can you go to the race this weekend?" He shakes his head and coughs. Ugh. Probably not.

"I can't. My doctor said no. Maybe you can?" He asks and I shake my head. 

"Absolutely not," I say and he sneezes again.

"Why not you're the head of the motorsport? And you know more than Formula 1 than me," he says and coughs. 

"If you sneeze or cough one more time, I'll rip your tongue out," I threaten him and he gulps. Maybe he's right. "Fine, I'll step in for you but if you get sick one more time," I say and he shakes his head fast.

"You got it, sir....I...um mean Madam," he says and I laugh at him. He is one funny character.

"Just go and drink your medicine." With that, he walks to his cubicle. "Sofie!" I shout and my assistant comes running towards me. She stops just in front of me and gives me my coffee.

"Yes, Mrs Leclerc," she says and I give her an evil look. 

"I'm not married," I remind her and she widens her eyes.

"Sorry, Miss Leclerc."

"Book a flight to Montreal for Thursday," I say and she writes it down. "Book two because you're coming with." She nods and walks to her table to make the calls and bookings. Looks like I'm going to Montreal. Luckily we are in Toronto and not in another country because I don't want a long flight to Europe for sport again.

I know I know the most about Formula 1 in there but I don't want to go to the Canadian Grand Prix. Any other but if I want to keep my job, I have to do this. 

I walk around the paddock and I hear my phone ring. It's my boss. "Hello?" I ask and she starts rambling on about me never doing my job. Sometimes I want to quit my job. 

"Why didn't you tell me that you were in Montreal?" She asks loudly and I sigh putting my hand on my head and rubbing it. I close my eye for a second and suddenly I bump into someone's back. 

"I'm doing my job," I say and I hang up. Ugh. "I'm so sorry that I bumped into you, Sir," I say and the stranger turns around. He has a Ferrari shirt on which already makes me like this person and his back is quite hot. Okay, he's turning. What a nice side profile he has. It's not just his side and back, it's his whole bloody head. 

He's hot. "What can I say? Beautiful girls always walk against me," he jokes and I smile at him. 

"You think I'm beautiful?" I ask and he smirks.

"Why do you sound so surprised?"

"I don't get it a lot."

"Why not? I will say it to you every day," he says and I look down blushing. "Why are you here at the Grand Prix?"

"Work. I'm a journalist from Toronto Papers," I say and he nods.

"Your first day?" He asks and I shake my head.

"No, the guy that supposed to come is sick and since I'm in charge of motorsport I had to come." But I don't regret it at all.

"Do you want to ask me some questions later?" He asks and I nod smiling. "Was it your boss on the phone?" I nod.

"Yeah, sometimes we don't get along at all."

"Well, I'm here and we can do the interview after the qualifying tomorrow." He is genuinely the nicest guy.

"Thank you so much."

"I'll meet you here at 4?" he asks and I nod. I was about to leave but then he continues. "Sorry, what's your name?"

"Audrey Leclerc," I say and he looks shocked at me. I look at him confused.

"Are you kidding now?" He asks and I still look at him confused. "We have the same surname," he says and I come to a realization and an 'oh' comes out of my mouth. I forgot about that.

"No, I'm not kidding."

"I literally can marry you and you don't even have to change your surname or we are family and I can't take you to a date after the interview tomorrow," he says and shrugs. "We're not family right?"

"You want to take me on a date?" I ask and he chuckles.

"It doesn't bother you that we might be family?"

"No, because I know we aren't. I'm Canadian and you're from Monaco," I say and he smiles. 

"So about that date?" He asks and I smile and look at the floor.

"I'll see you later. My boss is probably pulling out her hair," I say and he frowns. "It was nice to meet you," I say and go in to hug him.

"Nice to meet you too," he says and hugs me. He pulls back and kisses me on the cheek. I smile and blush while I turn around and walk away. I turn round slightly and see him doing a celebratory dance. Ah, he's so adorable. My phone rings and I pick up.

"Hello," I say without looking at the caller ID.

"Hang up again and you're fired. " Well, it's the woman's voice I despise. Ugh, I promise ifshe keeps getting on my nerves, I'm going to quit.

"Have you done an interview?"

"Not yet but I have arranged one for tomorrow," I say and she sighs.

"You have been there for a day and you haven't asked any questions. Remember, no paper no job," she says kind of loudly. I mimick her by shaking my head and pulling my face.

"I'm sorry. There is a conference later," I say and she hangs up. I hope she bumps her toe against a chair and break it. 

"Thank you so much for dinner. It was really fun and thank you for ice cream," I say licking the ice cream. I have an oreo sugar cone with a flake in and he has cookies and cream with a sugar cone. 

"Your welcome." There is a silence but it's not awkward because we are looking in each other's eyes. "You have...some ice cream on your nose," he says and I try to rub it off and it's not working because he stops my hand. He takes his thumb and and rubs it softly off my nose. "You look so adorably cute at this moment." He tucks my hair behind my ear and I blush.

"Are you flirting?"

"Only if it's working and if it's working would you maybe consider kissing me?" 

"Smooth, Leclerc, smooth," I say and lean in to kiss him. He leans in also and our lips connected. "I'm sorry but I'm going to finish this ice cream because ice cream comes first. He chuckles as I lick my ice cream.

"Some day you are going to choose me above ice cream," he says and I peck is lips.

****

This was just a silly request but I really enjoyed writing it. Requests are open.