M.Verstappen - Crash

Requested by bellaboo12456

*****

"Elsa!" A reporter shouts behind me grabbing my attention. I turn around and the reporter catches up with me. "Hello."

"Hi, how are you?" I ask fake smiling, I'm very glad that I have a mask on. I'm extremely tired because I haven't slept in 3 days. I'm so stressed with all of the pressure people keep giving me about me not being good enough in F1. I'm a Mclaren driver, it's my second year and I'm currently 4th in the driver's championship. Give me a break.

"I'm good thanks. Can I ask you a few questions?" He asks and I look at the time. I can't say no.

"You have 5 minutes," I say and the reporter looks down at his paper. I can see he wants to ask important questions. Normally, people have their questions ready but I don't blame the guy because he has been given 5 minutes.

"You are tied with Carlos at the moment. Is this race important to you to finish on the podium?" 

"Every race is important but since we have 3 races to go, I have to focus on getting 4th place."

"What is the team's strategy for you to finish above Carlos?" He asks and I laugh slightly.

"It wouldn't be a secret if I told you," I say and he laughs with me. 

"Last question. There are rumors between you and Max being a couple. Is this true?" He asks and I shake my head.

"No. We aren't together. We are both really professional and I don't think we want to make things awkward in the paddock. We focus on F1," I say and the reporter just nods.

"Thank you. Good luck with your race," he says and I wave at him and walk away to the Mclaren motorhome. 

The truth is that Max and I have feelings for each other and it has been going on for a while. 5 Days ago we fought because he doesn't want to be my boyfriend and I can't wait for him forever. He hasn't talked to me since. I walk past the Red Bull motorhome and I see Max talking to Christian. I see him stop talking when he saw me. I quickly look away. Why is Mclaren next to Red Bull?

"Elsa," I hear Zac's voice snapping me out of my thoughts about Max. "Did you talk to Randeep about the strategy?" I look at him like he is crazy.

"You know the race is almost starting but yes, I did ask him," I say and Zac jokingly puts up his hands in defense. He walks over to Lando and I walk over to the car. I'm so glad that there is a limit for people on the track right before we race. 

After a few minutes of waiting in the car, they announce that the national anthem will play. I walk over with the rest of the drivers and we stand behind the trophy and the United States national anthem starts playing. Of course, they put Max right beside me. I miss us.

We have been together but not dating for more than a year and I told him that I want to be his girlfriend. I told him that I want the world to know and I don't care what anybody thinks. It is not fun at all to keep the relationship a secret because we have a lot of eyes on us. I want to go on dates with him, I want to go on vacation with him, and I want to hold his hand without worrying about anything. I want to love him. But that is not what he wants. I don't like seeing him paired with models and me with the other F1 drivers. Well, Elsa, you have to move on. 

The anthem finishes and I let a tear slip from my eye. I don't want to let him go but if he doesn't see a future with me, then I'm going to respect him for that. Everyone walks to their cars and I quickly walk away from Max.