L.Norris - Fight

This is requested by @Lu_story

*****

Lando and I have been fighting a lot and I really can't tell you why. We have been dating for 2 years and our relationship has been full of jokes and cute memories but now it's all about fighting. Since I moved in with him, we have been fighting about everything and the weird thing is that we aren't people who like fighting.

I walk into our apartment and put the shopping bags on the counter. I see the pile of dishes lying on the floor and all the milk boxes laying on the floor next to the dustbin. Seriously Lando. I worked late today and I asked him to make food but there is no sign of food anywhere.

"Alex! What are you doing mate?" Lando shouts from his game room. Now I know exactly why this place looks like this.

After I made mac and cheese, washed the dishes and took out the trash, I call Lando to come eat. I did it to not start a fight again. I take out the plates and put it on the table where we always sit. He walks into the kitchen and take the plate and scoops food into it. He turns to leave and I stop him. "Where are you going?"

"I'm going to eat in my game room. What does it look like I'm doing?" My eyes widen and I put food into my plate.

"It's just that we always eat together," I say and take a seat at the table.

"Fine," he says and rolls his eyes. He takes a seat in front of me and the room is completely silent. I love the man in front of me. He means the world to me but lately he has been working on my nerves too be honest. To top it off, I'mon m period this week which makes me more irritated than usual.

"How was your day, Babe?" I ask and he looks up from his food.

"Good," he says and there is silence again.

"Are you serious right now?" I ask and he looks at me confused. "You aren't talking to me anymore, Lando. I'm trying to talk to you but all you do is ignoring me."

"What are you on about?"

"You're always on that PC when you're not in the car."

"I don't see a problem with that, Y/n." By now we both have put our forks down.

"You barely do anything around the house. I didn't want to start a fight so I did the dishes and made food which I asked you to do because I know I was going to return home late."

"Well, I'm sorry, okay. Is that what you want to hear?" He says and his voice starts to rise. "I'm also sorry that I'm the main income in this house because you are just messing around with your job. So the least you can do is do the dishes and make food. I'm sick and tired of you telling me what to do." There is once again silence while we stare at each other.

"I don't think moving in together was a good job," I whisper and look down.

"Do you know what I think? I don't think we should date anymore," he replies and stands up.

"Yeah, that's probably a great idea. Now you can go and do whatever you want because I was only holding you back, right?" I raise my voice and he slams his hand flat on the table and I flinch.

"Stop! Just stop," he shouts and I step back. "Leave," he says slowly and I look at him and disbelief.

"What?" I ask and he points to the door. This is not the Lando I fell in love with. He is pushing me away.

"I said out. I knew you were never good enough for me," he says and my heart drops.

"I'll get my stuff when you are in France. When you arrive in England, all my things will be gone," I say softly. I grab my phone and purse and walk out the door. I have nowhere to go. When I moved in with Lando, I left my family and friends.

I stop in the parking lot of the hotel and book a room. It's not the best hotel but it was the closest. I have no clothes for work tomorrow and not even a phone charger. I lock the room door and I break down crying. How can he say all of those things about me? I work hard because I don't want to be dependant of Lando and he knows that.

I wake up and feel lonely like every morning these 6 days. Lando flew to France to race and right after he went I went back to the apartment. I decided to stay here for a while until he comes back. Sunday morning, my last day in this apartment. I pack all of my clothes in my suitcases and take it into my car. How can a small fight cause our relationship? We have been through a lot. Every win and every loss, through ups and downs but looks like it wasn't enough.

I take a seat on the couch and put on the TV and see that it's pre-race interviews. Lando shows and he looks awful. He has tired eyes and his face is pale.

"Lando, are you okay? You look a little pale," the reporter says and I watch closely. Of course, I'm still going to support him.

"Something personal happened and I just know that I messed up badly and I just want to go fix it," he says and I see the hurt in his eyes. Poor Lando. I don't know about you but I'm saving this relationship.

I go upstairs and unpack my stuff, thank goodness I didn't finish packing. I put 2 sets of clothes in a really small suitcase and go to the airport as fast as I can. I wasn't planning on flying anytime soon but anything for Lando.

After a few hours, I land in France and get a cab. I arrive at the track and realize something. I don't have a paddock pass. Ugh. Now I'm stuck outside. I see Oliver walking around the paddock, he's on the phone talking to someone. He turns to my direction and I wave my hands rapidly for him to notice me, which he does. He says something to the person on his phone and puts it away.

He walks out of the paddock and hugs me. "Y/n, what are you doing here? You don't need to answer that. I'm just glad you are here. Lando is doing horribly. Can you please talk some sense into him?" He asks and I nod.

He went in and brought me a pass and I walk into the Mclaren garage. "Talk to him," the race engineer says and I put the earphones. There is 9 laps to go and Lando is struggling. He can get P4 if he tries, all he has to do is overtake the racing point drivers.

The race engineer presses a button and motions for me to talk. "Lando, I know you can do this. I'm here for you. Go, babe," I say through the mic and there is silence. This silence between us is killing me.

"Y/n, is that you? It can't be," I hear his voice and I smile.

"It is. Now show them how it's done."

"Love you," he says and the race engineer starts talking to him again. I know that radio conversation is going to be on F1's channel and Instagram.

Lando ends the race in 4th and we all cheer. Everyone comes up to me and say 'thank you' and 'congrats'. At the last interview, I stand nearby. It is the same woman from the interview I saw this morning. "Lando, we all heard the radio between you and your girlfriend. It seems like your girlfriend is your good luck charm, she says and Lando smiles and blush.

"Yeah, I was shocked but also really happy. I just want to go and hold her."

"We aren't going to keep you from doing that. Congrats on P4," she says and Lando walks over to me. We look deeply into the eyes of each other before he grabs my face and kisses me passionately. This guy is my drug. I can't get enough of him.

"Thank you for coming. I'm so sorry for what I said. You're more than enough for me, Love and I don't deserve you. I guess I was stressed about F1 and your birthday present and I took it out on you. Please forgive me." I smile up at him and he smiles back.

"I already did. Let's go celebrate." We give each other one last small kiss and walk back to the garage.

"I love you so much," he says and I say it back. Looks like it's going to work out after all.

*****

Thanks for reading. Requests are open.