L. Norris - Meeting Royals

"Mrs Y/n," the maid says knocking on my door. Ugh, all I want to do is sleep. What on earth does she want?

"Come in," I say and stand up from the bed. She walks in and I slip on my slippers.

"Your father wants to talk to you." Am I in trouble? All I did was prank the guards.

"Am I in trouble?" I ask and she laughs and she starts making my bed.

"Not this time Ms Y/n," she says letting out a slight chuckle. I open my curtains and see the beautiful sunrise with the rest of the castle just underneath it. She finishes the bed and walk out. I put on my gown over my Pj's and walk to my dad's office.

"Morning dad, you wanted to see me," I say and he looks up from the papers in his hands. He is up really early every single day. What can you expect from the king of England? My dad has always been harder on me than my other siblings because I'm next in line for the throne but I'm 20 and still living my life. I never had a normal childhood. I went to boarding schools and camps. I have to talk at least 5 different languages and play 3 instruments, which I do I have to.

"Morning. Yes, you know about the British Grand Prix this weekend?" He asks and I nod. "We'll be meeting Lando Norris and George Russell, the racers that present our country and of course Lewis Hamilton too but you already met him." Oh, I remember him. He was nice. I really don't know who Norris and Russell is but I'll find out soon.

"When will I meet them?" I ask and my dad stands up, probably ready for an interview or meeting.

"Thursday and they will have dinner with us. We will also go to the qualifying on Saturday and the race on Sunday and you will be giving the race winner their prize," he says and takes his suitcase and walk over to me. To say the least, my dad is a huge fan of Formula 1 but I don't. I like tennis more but what can I say, I have to support my whole country. We normally give the royal prize to someone that achieved something but as I already said, my dad is a huge fan.

"I'll be there," I say and my dad nods and walk off. All I have to do is shake their hands and watch 3 hours of Formula 1, how hard can that be? I'd rather be sitting at Wimbledon.

Smile and wave, girl, smile and wave.

*Lando's POV*

I walk to my door and see that I have a letter. I turn it around and see that it's a letter from the Royal Family. What? I open it quickly dropping my water bottle.

Dear Mr Norris,

As you know, I'm a very big supporter of you. I would like to meet you and congratulate all you have achieved in Formula 1. There will be a dinner on Thursday 6 August 2020. If you can make it, send a message to this number ...#...

We will be delighted to have you.

King of England,

Y/d/n Y/s

I'm over the moon happy right now. I can't wait for next week. My brother and I always talked about meeting Princess Y/n. She is the prettiest girl in England, no, Europe. Just to see her in person will be the greatest moment of my life but having dinner with her, I think I'm going to have a panic attack.

How on earth will I be able to concentrate on the race when she's watching it. Maybe it will motivate me to have a good race or maybe she's my lucky charm.

I have had this stupid crush on her since I was little and I'm just a young lad from Bristol.

How on earth am I, Lando, gonna get someone like her? She is beautiful in every way. The way she talks, cares, walk and even waves makes my heart melt. She is head to toe perfect.