C.Leclerc - Bet

This imagine is really long.

*****

"Y/n," I hear Toto's voice behind me. I'm currently looking at the data of the car. I turn around and look at him.

"Why are you still here? It's late, you should be at home," he says taking a seat in front of me.

"It's not a problem, either way, I'll be doing the work." I put the papers on a pile.

"That's why you are one of the best race engineers I've ever met." I look at him and he folds his arms. "I wanted to ask you something."

I lift my eyebrows and lean back in my chair, "I'm listening."

"I want you to do a little job for me for some extra money." I mean I'm already getting a rather good salary but more money can't kill me, in fact it can help me.

"And what's this 'little job' you are talking about?"

"I want you to date Charles and try to find out Ferrari's secrets and at the end of the year you can break up with him."

"No, I'm not doing that and what if he sees me at Mercedes and what about my job?"

"Y/n, you will have plenty of time to do your race engineer work and if you do a good job I'll maybe pay you more." I look at him and think a little.

"Why me?"

"You're the brightest person I know, you work the hardest and you want this team to be successful. Ferrari can't win another year. C'mon, Y/n, you are Lewis' race engineer."

"Okay, I'll do it." He nods and stands up.

"I suggest that you start as soon as possible. The first race is next week so please start working on a plan. Thank you for your time and please go home," he says and walks out of my office.

Looks like I'll have to start working on my plan, well, technically lies.

"You can't possibly do it," James says while we both sit in the motorhome eating. I take a big bite out of my chicken wrap. I chew and James takes a sip from his smoothie.

"I have to, James. After he confronted me about the job he gave me, he told me if I don't do it I'll never become the head engineer and that has been my dream since I was a young kid."

"He blackmailed you?" James asks and scoffs. James never liked Toto but he is quite important and Toto scares him. I nod and he rolls his eyes. "Have you seen, Charles? He is handsome and every time I see my sister, she wants something of Charles. Everyone likes him."

"Well, I have until Sunday to make a good impression or else I can kiss that position goodbye," I take the last bite of the wrap. "And the worst part is that I'm really bad at talking to guys."

"I can help you. I'll talk to you through an earpiece and you'll get that job," James says and smile at me finishing his smoothie. He stands up and grabs me. "C'mon, stop moping around." He drags me to where our bags are. He takes my bag and takes out my t-shirt. "Go change while I get the earpiece." I hug him and quickly go to the bathroom and change. I don't think it will be appropriate to wear a Mercedes limited edition shirt when I go talk to Charles.

I don't fall in love easily and yes, I've seen Charles. He's a piece of meat. I'd let him put his shoes under my bed. He's a snack but no, of course, I'm going to go and break his heart.

"Here it is. You will be able to hear me and I'll also be able to hear you of course." He gives me sunglasses.

"This isn't an earpiece. It will look really suspicious that you have it so just put this sunglasses on and you will be able to hear me. Just don't get to close to him or else he will hear me." I put on the glasses. Okay, looks like it's time. "You have one hour until the second practice. Don't be late for the meeting r else there is no job to promote for starters" I nod and walk out the motorhome and see Charles taking photos with fans.