C.Leclerc - Bet (Part 2)

So, a lot of you has requested this part 2 and here it is.

****

After they give the trophies to the podium drivers, they start spraying the champagne while the weird music play in the background. I see Charles looking in my direction and I look down.

I'm in big trouble.

"Y/n, what were you doing at the Mercedes team? And what are you doing in their logo?" He questions and I look down. What am I supposed to say? We both are standing on the track, where no one is near. 

"I'm... I don't know what to say," I say still with my eyes on the ground. 

"Look at me," he says and I'm loss for words. "Okay, since you don't want to talk I'm going to tell you what I think is going on here. You are a Mercedes employee, which means you lied to me and betrayed me," he says and I look up at him.

"I'm really sorry, I didn't want to hurt you," I say. I know I'm not getting out of this mess.

"Then why did you? Is this some kind of joke?" He questions. "Tell me what's going on." I can hear in his voice that he's getting mad.

"Toto asked me to make you fall in love with me so that you can tell me all of your secrets at Ferrari. We used those secrets to make Mercedes better again," I say and his shoulders drop. I feel sick in my stomach. "I am only a race engineer and I needed the extra money for my mom's hospital bills, which you know about." He looks at me and I'm still trying to figure out what emotion he has. 

"So it was all a lie?" He asks and I shake my head rapidly.

"No, well... In the beginning but now I'm in love with you, Charles. I didn't mean for it to happen and I hope that we can work through this," I say and look him in the eyes and now I can see his emotion. Hurt.

"You played me, Y/n. Do you know how it feels like? I've been cheated on twice and now you. You are not better than the rest at all. I can't believe I... I love you... I loved you... You're a selfless person that's what you are." I see tears forming in his eyes. I didn't mean for this to end like this. In front of me stands the guy that I broke. I put my hand out about to touch his arm but he dodges my touch. "You don't have the right to touch me. You're a liar and don't even think about coming near me or talk to me. You almost jeopardized my career."

He steps back and shakes his head at me. I've never felt so bad in my life. I didn't think that my heart will also be broken. His face broke me even more. 

"What have I done?" I whisper to myself and put a hand through my hair in frustration.

I look up at the sky and feel tears form in my eyes. I think I just lost a really nice guy... a perfect nice guy.

"Hey, Y/n! What are you doing here?" James asks and I turn away quickly rubbing the tears away and turn back around again. "Toto wants you at the celebration party since you were the reason that we won."

"Yeah yeah. I was just admiring the track," I say turning around hoping that my eyes aren't to red.

"Are you okay? It looks like you were crying," he says and I fake smile.

"No, there was something in my eyes," I say stupidly.

"In both? Anyway, let's go," he says grabbing my hand and pulling me to the Mercedes paddock. 

When we arrive at the paddock, everyone starts cheering at me and I only smile. I'm normally the most talkative person in the room but not today.

"The person who turned around this team. Thank you, Y/n. And I have a surprise for you," Toto says when everyone goes back to their own conversations. "I paid your mother's full bill for her medicine and she wants you to call her back," he says and nods. I go to my back and take out my phone.

"Hello, Sweetie," my mom says answering her phone. Finally.

"Hey mom. How are you doing? I heard you called me, I'm sorry I wasn't near my phone."

"Yeah, I figured you will be busy after the great result. Congrats. But I have a surprise for you. I'm clean, I went to the doctor and I'm clean. I don't have cancer anymore." My mom says and I jump up from the chair.

"Really! I'm so happy for you, Ma," I say smiling to myself.

"I should thank you, you helped me with the money." My mind wonders off to Charles making tears form once again.

"I'll call you back later. I can't hear you properly," I say and we say our goodbyes and I hang up. Stop being so emotional. I wish it was our last race so I can just go home.