L. Hamilton - Unsteady

So this is going to be really sad, I'm just warning you.

***

"Y/n Y/s," the nurse calls my name out and I walk slowly to her. I follow her to the doctor's office. "You can sit down, Dr. Smith will be here shortly." I smile slightly at her and she walks out closing the door. I haven't been feeling well lately. Lewis doesn't know about it because I don't want him to worry about me while he's driving.

The door opens and Dr. Smith steps in and takes a seat on his chair behind his table. "Good morning, Ms. Y/s. How are you today?"

"I'm not that good actually," I fidget with my fingers on my lap.

"Tell me what's wrong."

"I've been feeling dizzy, have fevers and I've been losing weight rapidly."

"Have you been feeling pain in your joints too?" I nod and he writes everything down on his notepad. "Okay, I'm going to take your blood and we'll call you if we have your results back. If you have your results back, we want you to make an appointment as soon as possible." He stands up and puts the needle in my arm and draw the blood. I didn't even flinch because I'm too focused on my diagnosis.

On my way home, all I can think about is what is wrong with me. I don't want to search it on google because they give you the worst result and then you start to panic.

*Three days later*

"Hello," I say picking up my phone.

"Is this Y/n Y/s?" A woman's voice says through my phone.

"Yes, it is."

"We have some bad news for you. Your results came in and Dr. Smith wants to see you immediately."

"Okay, I'm on my way." My heart is pounding through my chest and I'm panicking. What bad news?

I arrive at the hospital and go straight to the reception. After all the fill-in papers, I'm finally back in Dr. Smith's room.

"Welcome back, Ms. Y/s. I guess you are back for the results. When it came in, I had to make double sure and it came back the same. You were tested positive for Leukemia. We have to do more scans and tests to see the outcome and the chances you have." A tear slip from my eye, How am I going to tell Lewis this? "We have to start on your treatment as soon as you can."

"Thank you, doctor," I say, trying to process the fact that I have been diagnosed with cancer.

"I'm truly sorry," he says with empathy. There was a knock on the door and the nurse came in with a paper in her hand. She gives it to Dr. Smith and he looks at it for a while and looks at me.

"Let me guess, more terrible news."

"Unfortunately, yes. You have 40% chance of living, dear. If anything happens, come to me."

"I will, anything else?"

"No, you can go now." I stand up and wave at him.

When I walk into my apartment, I break down immediately. I have bloody cancer! I look at my phone and see I got a text from Lewis. 

Babe

Why aren't you answering?

We are almost landing.

I forgot about Lewis. I freshen up and run to my car and I'm off to the airport. I wait for 10 minutes and then Lewis came with his suitcase and I run into his arms, hugging him so hard that it feels like my ribs are going to break.

"I missed you so much. It feels so good to have you in my arms again, love," Lewis says kissing my cheek and then my mouth.

"Lew, how was Canada?" We start to walk in the direction of my car.

"It was lovely but lonely without you. What did you do while I was gone?"

"Nothing much," I say while he puts his suitcase in the trunk.

*Lewis' POV*

It has been 2 weeks since I'm home and it's almost Christmas. Y/n has been acting really weird and I've questioned her about it but she hasn't answered me yet.

I walk into the kitchen, where Y/n is making us dinner. I look for her but  I can't see her. I step forward and see her lying on the ground behind the counter. "Y/n?" I bent down and I shake her lightly but nothing happens. "Y/n," I say a little bit harder but she still doesn't move. I grab my phone and call 911.

"911, What's your emergency?" I hear the woman's voice.

"My girlfriend past out or something and I don't know what to do."

"We are on our way. What is your address?" I give my address and I hang up. I shake her again and I feel if her heartbeat is still there. I can't feel a heartbeat at all.

The ambulance arrives 5 minutes later and they carry her away. "Do you know what caused it?" One of the paramedics asks.

*Play the song*

"No, she was fine and then I stepped in the kitchen and saw her laying on the floor.

"Try to find a pulse," he says to the other one and everything happens so fast until we arrive at the hospital. Everything went so slowly.

They take her to an emergency room and I try to walk in too but they pushed me away. What is happening?

30 Minutes later the doctor comes to me and sits down next to me. "Y/n is stable now but we still have to take tests."

"What is wrong with her?"

"She didn't tell you?"

"No," I say confused.

"She has blood cancer. She had a 40% survival chance and I guess she didn't take her medicine because her hair didn't fall out. I'm sorry I'm the one to tell you."

"Can I see her?"

"She isn't awake yet."

"It's okay, I want to see her." He nods and leads me to her room. My heart drops seeing her with wires all over her, she is paler than ever. She is laying there almost lifeless. Why didn't she tell me she had cancer? Lewis, you should've noticed! I argue with myself and decide to walk inside.

I walk over to her slowly taking her hand in mine. "My love, why didn't you tell me? Everything was going so well. Please don't leave me. You are my world. How am I going to win races without my good luck charm? You are strong and you can fight this."

Beep...Beep...Beep...Beep...Beeeeeeeeeeeep

Is all I need to hear to make my world crash down. The doctors and nurses came back and they take me out of the room and I start to cry again "Please, don't leave me, Y/n! Don't go!"

I watch them giving her CPR but it isn't working. They try everything but nothing is working.

"Stay!" 

After 2 minutes they announce her time of death. The tears keep spilling and my breathing is uneven.

I'm a little unsteady.

***

Well, that was sad.

 If you enjoyed that, drop a like. Requests are open, message me.