M.Verstappen - Dutch love

Since I was young, I wanted to travel to Europe and visit every country there. I'm just a girl from New Zealand with a big dream. I turned 20 last week. have been saving money, busting tables, doing extra work at my mom's shop and making and selling surfboards.

I love where I grew up, near the ocean. I surf every day of my life but I want to see the world out there. I'm coming back after my Europe trip. I grew up here and I'm going to die here. My parents aren't that strict but they can be overprotective and I don't judge them for that because I'm their only child and they don't want anything happening to me.

I counted the money yesterday and I have enough to visit 4 different counties. I chose Italy, Netherland and Monaco. I'm going to be in each country for 6 days. Jeepers, I can't wait.

"Are you ready to go tomorrow?" I hear my father's voice from behind me and I turn to him. I just packed my bag.

"I hope so. I don't know what to expect," I say knowing full Tell that it will be summer there.

"Just be safe, please." My dad is more protective than my mom, he has been through a lot and from all people, he doesn't want anything to happen to me.

"I will, dad. You know I can take care of myself." It's true, I'm extremely strong even though I'm lean with curves. I know how to fight but I rarely do. My dad taught me to let me defend myself if I ever get in trouble. He didn't have to since the place where I live is extremely safe.

"Your flight is early tomorrow morning. Your mom will be at work so you have to say goodbye to her tonight." I smile at him and hug him. I'm grateful for the life I have here in New Zealand.

"Wake up," my dad says shaking me awake. My eyes open slightly. "Get ready, we have to go in an hour." My dad walks out the door and I stretch. Today is the day my dream is going to become true. First stop, Italy.

I do my morning routine and meet my dad outside at the car. I put my big suitcase and duffle bag in the trunk and climb in. My dad starts the car and drives off to the nearest airport. 1d 5h duration, 2+ stops... That is nuts if you ask me.

"Remember what I said," my dad repeats for the millionth time. This whole week he's been giving me advice and telling me what to do if I'm there.

"Yeah, I do. Dad, you said it before," I say and look down at my phone, 87%. I better get off it now or it won't last. We pull up at the airport and it's time to say goodbye.

"Don't fall in love there," my dad jokes and I roll my eyes.

"I'll always come back to you and mom." I don't think I'll fall in love with someone, not that I don't want someone but I want to focus on my career.

"I'm going to miss you, Kid," my dad says and hug me. I'm closer to my dad than my mom but it's nothing serious. I think it's more because of me being more like my dad than my mom. She dislikes me surfing.

I check-in and walk to the waiting room. 18 days away from home, thank goodness my university is on a break. This will be my first time on a plane and the first time that I will go somewhere alone. To say I'm nervous is an understatement.

I lay on the tan bed in Monaco. Italy was great and all but I'm digging Monaco. I'm in my bikini and reading a book, what more can I ask for. "Is this seat taken?" I hear a man's voice, I've never heard the accent before. I look up through my sunglasses and see a young man standing with a towel on his shoulders. He is pointing to the bed next to me.

"No no, not at all," I say and sit up straight and the man sits down.

"You're not from here," he says and I put down my book and take off my glasses.