M.Verstappen - Teammates

I look at McLaren's videos on Youtube, where Lando and Carlos do challenges. They have such a great relationship but me and Max, not so much.

Since Daniel left and I replaced him, I've been an outsider to Redbull. I know I'm not Daniel or as good as him, but seriously, its been almost 9 months since I walked into the Redbull headquarters.

Every race weekend I have to walk into the Redbull paddock and almost no one greets me except for Christian and my press officer, Jay.

This weekend is the Russian Grand Prix and I haven't even won a race, trust me, Redbull keeps reminding me, making me feel bad all over again. A knock is edible and I pause the video.

"Come in," I say, sighing. Christian comes in and sits down on the chair next to me. "Hey, Chris." I smile at him.

"Hey, Y/n. How are you doing? Are you nervous about the qualifying?"

"I'm always nervous. I just want to show you guys that I'm worthy to be in this team. It has been hard to fit in here." I say putting my hands in my hair.

"What are you talking about?" His smile drops and he becomes concerned.

"It's not that important right now. I have to go to Jay, he messaged me." I lied but he wouldn't know. I stand up and walk out of the room, trying to forget everything. With my eyes closed I walk into someone.

"I'm so sorry," I say, opening my eyes quickly seeing it is Max.

"It's okay," he turns around with a smile and it drops when he sees it's me. "Oh, it's only you. I thought it was someone pretty." he laughs and walks off. That son of a bitch!

I look at the red lights in front of me, sweating my butt off. I'm starting 4th on the grid, which is my best race of the year, and Christian was really proud of me. Max is starting 3rd place, so that means that he gets all of the attention.

I have 53 laps to make a move on the one and only, Max Verstappen. If I win him, I'll prove myself to the team.

Everything goes by slowly but soon enough all the lights go off and all you can hear is tires screechings and engines roaring. I have a great start but Max also.

After 30 laps of battling with Max, I hear Christian's voice in my ear. "Y/n, Stand down. Don't battle with Max. Focus on Carlos behind you please."

I am not going to listen. They always pick Max above me and that will end soon or else I'll go to another team. I put off the comms and focus on the blue car in front of me.

There are 3 laps left and Max is so close. I make my move between turn 10 and 12. Max doesn't have DRS but I have. He goes left and I go right. On turn 13 I pass Max, going on the inside. My comms are still off, thank goodness there's an option to put it off.

Max is probably flipping me off. On our last lap Valterri retires taking Lewis with him. I finish the lap not knowing that I'm first place. I see the chequered flag and see that I won.

I won! I put my comms back on and hear Christian's voice, "Well done, Y/n. Your first-ever win. I'm proud of you but we'll definitely have a chat about you not following your orders."

"Yeeess ss! Woooh! Thank you. I'm just glad I have a whole team behind me. Dank u, Dank u." I say in my mother tongue. I know I lied once again but I know that everyone is going to hear it.

I climb out of my car and waved at the fans. I take off my helmet and my balaclava. Jay gives me my hat and I put it on covering my braided hair.

Will Buxton talks to Charles, who got 3rd place. I look over to Max, seeing him furious. he didn't like me before, so what's the big deal.

I catch his eyes and all I can see is anger. He talks to Will and all I can think about is me being stupid and me thinking about myself. I look at the ground, feeling guilty.

This wasn't how I imagined my first win. I stole Max's win, I don't deserve this win.

Before Will reaches me, I walk off to the refreshment room. I don't want to talk about the race.

I walk onto the podium and stand on the top of it. They give our trophies and the circus music starts to play after the Dutch anthem. Charles sprays the Champagne straight in my face and I spray him back. He's like a brother to me.

After the pictures were taken and all the interviews were done. I walk into my motorhome and I feel someone grab my arm and I turn around looking Max dead in the eye.

"What is your problem?" Max says, trying not to scream.

"I'm sorry. I just wanted to prove myself to all of you. You all treated me like crap ever since I arrived and I couldn't take it anymore. You and everyone made me feel like I don't belong in the team. I mean, I know I stole your win and I'm truly sorry."

"No, I'm sorry that I made you feel like crap but I just miss Daniel that's all. I promise I'll treat you better. You are really pretty and you are obviously a great driver and person." He stammers and I giggle at him slightly.

"I accept your apology, Max. "

"Let's go celebrate your first win. To be honest, I didn't know you had it in you."

"Yeah sure. You were just afraid that I will kick your ass."

"Okay, big mouth. Let's go."

*****
Thanks for reading. Short I know, I'm sorry.

Taking requests.