D.Ricciardo - Way back to you

Requested by somewriter19

******

*Daniel's POV*

"So, Daniel, are you excited for your baby to come?" The interviewer asks me. This has been the number one question this couple of days. I mean I found out 2 weeks ago about Y/n's pregnancy and I'm barely hanging on to the news. Who knew that everyone will be so excited about our baby? 

"Yeah well I mean it is still 7 months until the baby arrives but I can't wait to have a little Daniel or Y/n running around," I say smiling to myself knowing that after this video I will go back to the love of my life.

"And when are you planning on putting a ring on her finger?" He asks and I look down. I don't think either of us thought about it after the pregnancy announcement.

"I want to but there is just a lot of things going on at the moment."

"Thanks for talking a bit and once again congrats on the baby," the interviewer says and shakes my hand. I walk back to the motorhome grabbing all my stuff and greeting everyone. I walk to my new Mclaren which I adore. I drive back to our house where we are staying and I will admit that it is in fact late and she is probably sleeping. 

I slowly open the bedroom door trying not to wake her. It has been an amazing day. I finished fourth and it was really something to achieve especially with my new team and because it was our first race of the season. Australia, I love it here with Y/n by my side and I'm planning on asking her to be my wife when it's summer break. Did you really think I was just going to blabber it out for the public? 

I slide in next to her and pull me against me slightly. I want to marry this girl. She groans and I chuckle. Even in her sleep, she is difficult. Y/n and I actually didn't have the fairytale meeting. We met 4 years ago on a mutual friend's boat. He was hosting a party and when I turned around I pushed her into the ocean. She didn't like me after that at all. I mean cmon, it was kinda funny.

3 months later our friend set us up again and we still didn't hit it off because our waitress went into labour and we went home but not together though. 4 months after that incident with the waitress we met again at our friend's party and that's when we clicked because everyone was drunk and we weren't. We decided to sit on a blanket and talked the whole night. I think it was the way the light shined on her face but I remember kissing her that night. It took us 7 months and now, 4 years later, I'm ready as I'll ever be.

This baby is going to change everything. It made me realise just how much I care for her and since she told me I've been super protective.

*3 months later*

*Y/n's POV*

"Morning, Babe," Daniel says giving me my cereal and yoghurt. I peck him on his cheek and take a seat on the chairs at the island. "Slept well?"

"Yeah, even better when you came in and cuddled me," I say winking at him and he smirks.

"Do you want to go to the track?" He asks and I take a bite of the cereal. I shrug and take a sip of water. "You don't have to go. I think a lot of people is going to be in your face again. You have been pregnant for 5 months and I'm just scared that something is going to happen to you and the baby."

"Danny, you know I'm going to be fine. You have a great team and I'll be in a safe place," I say trying to reassure him. I can't believe it has been 5 months already. Daniel walks over and gives me a peck on my lips and puts his hands on both sides of my tummy. He squats down and kisses my belly too.

"Someday you are going to come with us to the track and support me even if you are a boy or a girl. You're going to be handsomely beautiful," he says making us both laugh.