C.Leclerc - Here comes the bride

Here comes the bride, who is not me.

I'm standing next to the other bridesmaids waiting for Henna to finally arrive infront of the pulpit Where Sebastian is also waiting with his groomsmen behind him, including Charles, his teammate. I've only met him once, when I went with Henna to one of Sebastian's races.

He is quite handsome actually but he's probably not interested and the last time I heard he was not single.

Hanna finally arrived, kissing her father on the cheek and giving me the flowers. She turns to Sebastian, who is looking at her with so much love. She looks absulately beautiful.

The priest started talking which took me back to what happened a year ago.

*one year ago*

I was waiting for the doors to open. I was standing in my white dress, flowers in my hand and a veil covering my face. I'm getting married to the love of my life, or so I though.

The doors finally open and the music started playing. My dad and I started walking down the aisle towards Tom, my future husband. We finally reached him and my father handed me over to Tom. Tom smiled at me and then looked at the priest who started talking.

After a few minutes he said the line I've been waiting for my whole life. "Do you Y/n Y/s/n take Tom Jameson as your lawful husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and cherish until death do you part?"

"I do," I said smiling at Tom, ready to spend my whole life with the man infront of me.

"Do you Tom Jameson take Y/n Y/s/n as your lawful wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and cherish until death do you part?"

Tom looked nervous. The seconds felt like hours waiting for a reply. "I'm sorry," is all he said and then he left just like that. I'm confused, lost, hurt and I feel empty inside. I should've known he wasn't the one.

Everyone gasped and looked at me. Hanna came to me hugging me. I broke down. I got left at the altar. "Take me home," I said walking away, the same way Tom walked out of my life.
Maybe marriage isn't for me.

*Present tense*

After the I do's, it was the after-party. "Congrats," I say smiling at Henna and Seb and giving them both a hug. Suddenly Charles appear out of no-where and start to talk to Seb about the wedding. I look into his gorgeous light brown eyes. He runs his hand through his hair which causes his muscles to flex through his black suit. His girlfriend should be lucky to have him in her life.

"Y/n, earth to Y/n," Hanna says laughing at me. "You like Charles over there, don't you?" Hanna whispers in my ear. I look down smiling. " You're blushing."

"No, I'm not. It's just hot in here besides, after Tom I don't need a man in my life right now. And I think he has a girl in his life," I shrug taking a sip of my wine.

"He doesn't have one, broke up in January and it's now November, which means it was a long time ago. Please just try, maybe you'll end up together."

"I'm not sure. I'm not ready to break my heart again by some handsome guy."

"Just try and believe. Remember, everything happens for a reason." After a moment she started talking again, " We must go do the traditional dance," making me realize Seb and Charles waited for us on the dancefloor with all of the bridesmaids and groomsmen.

Being the maid of honour, I have to dance with the best man, who is Charles. I walk over to Charles smiling widely as I stop infront of him. A waltz song started to play and we all started dancing to it.

"You zoned out when the priest started talking," he says while we turn in a circle with our hands touching in the middle and our other hands behind our backs.

"Was thinking of stuff."

"What kind of stuff?" He puts his left hand above my hip and take my left hand in his right.

"I can't do this. I got to go," I let go of him and run outside where the flower garden is. I take a seat on a bench and look up to see the stars looking down at me.

A few moments passed when I hear footsteps coming closer. "I'm sorry if I offended you in anyway," Charles says sitting down next to me.

"I thought I could move on."

"What do you mean?" he takes my hand in his.

"Last year, a man left me at the altar. I trusted him, I loved him, I did everything for him and he just walked out of my life."

"I'm sorry to hear," Charles say giving me a hug.

"I'm just scared."

"Trust me, I'm too. My ex cheated on me." I frown, How can someone cheat on him? "Well ,I think they lost two incredible people," He jokes trying to make me feel better.

"Let's go dance," I say standing up, take his hand and pull him up. He smiles and intertwine our hands.

We enter the hall again and start to dance again.

At the end of the night, Hanna and Seb left for their honeymoon and Charles and I sat on the bench again.

"I had a really great time with you today and I'll like to get to know you better. And I was wondering if you'll like to accompany me to next week's race." I can tell his nervous.

"No," I say bluntly. His smile drops and I start to laugh. "I'm joking. Yes, I'll love to go to your race."

"I thought you were being serious. You almost gave me a heart attack," he says dramatically putting his hand on his heart.

"Don't worry, Loverboy, you won my heart."

*******

Still taking requests. Hope you liked it.
Spread joy!