M. Verstappen - Press Officer

I've been Max's press officer for 2 years and ever since I walked through the doors to meet him, he disliked me.

Being his press officer means I'm with him most of the time. I'm there by his side before a race, after a race... Literally everywhere and his hate towards me aren't helping the situation.

Max has just won a race and to be honest I'm actually proud of him. I always liked Max since he began his F1 career and that is why I'm here today. I got this job but I don't think I want it anymore.

Max climbs out of his car and waves to his fans, known as the orange army. Martin Brundle interviews him while I wait for them to finishes.

Max finally finishes and come up to me. I decide to be nice and give him a hug. I wrap my arms around him but then he did the expected. He push my arms away and push his helmet in my hands. "Let's go, the press is waiting."

Ugh, how many times I tried to make it better between us. I've tried everything but nothing works. He is so damn hard to please.

Max walks to where all the people stands and wait for him to interview him since he won, everyone wants to talk to him.

I usually never stand with his helmet at the press but Max doesn't care if I struggle or not. Ziggo sport was the first interview and I know there is many more.

"Hey Christian," I greet our team principal with a smile and shake his hand.

"Hey Y/n, why are you still here? It's way past your work hour." he says crossing his arms and looks at me worried. "Is something worrying you?"

"I think I'm quitting."

"What... No Y/n, you can't do that. Everyone loves you here and you are the best press officer we've ever had."

"Except for Max."

"I know you struggle to get along-"

"I'm sorry to interrupt but Max is the one who doesn't like me. I don't think I can handle it anymore."

"I'll try to fix it, okay?" I nod and he continues, "Now go to your hotel and rest. I'll see you on Thursday." he says and leaves. If this doesn't work, I'm definitely quitting.

*Max's POV*

"Max... I'm going to kill you," Christian says through the phone. This was not what I expected.

"What did I do now?" I ask curiosity clearly in my voice.

"Y/n quit today."

"She what? Why?" I'm confused, she was just fine today.

"Because of you Max. She thinks you hate her and everyone sees it. Luckily, I told her that I'll try to talk to you. Max, she is the best press officer and you are pushing her away like it's nothing. Fix it." with that he hangs up. I look at my phone, knowing that I screwed up.

I have 3 days to think of how I'm going to fix this. How could I be so stupid? She tried to hug me today and all I did was push my helmet in her hands like she is some servant, who she is not.

I'm going to go and win her heart. She is the one for me and she almost quit because of me.

*Y/n's POV*

This is Max's last chance to make me stay. I arrive at the track knowing today will go either really good or really bad.

I go to the Red Bull garage greeting everyone as usual and go to Max's room. Here it goes. I open the door to see Max sitting on his couch.

"Hey Max. How are you doing?" I'm trying my best to be nice.

"Hey Y/n, I'm very very good thank you and you?" Shock is written all over my face. He actually replied. Max realises it and continue speaking, "I'm sorry how I treated you. I knew I couldn't have you so I decided to push you away because I like you. I did disliked you in the beginning but then you swept me off my feet."

"Max... Is this a joke?"

"No, never. I actually like you."

"You expect me to forgive you." he looks a lot confused at this moment. "I'm kidding," I start laughing at his reaction and he eventually joins me.

"Can I maybe have a kiss before we go?" he asks stepping closer. I nod and he put his lips against mine. Our lips move in sync until someone clear their throats.

"You know Max, when I told you to be nicer, I didn't meen date her," Christians says laughing. "I'm glad you two made up because everyone was getting worried." with that he leaves closing the door.

"I think it is time for the interviews."

"Can't the interviews wait?" he asks with his hands on my hips.

"You are already getting really comfortable, Mr. Dutchman. Let's go." I say turning around and grab my recorder.

"Wait... Does this meen we are together?" he asks grabbing his Red Bull.

"Only if you want us to be." I shrug knowing the answer.

"Be mine?"

"I am already yours."

******

Hope you enjoyed.
The requested ones are on its way.

Spread kindness.