C.Sainz Jr. - New Years

Being born in Madrid, Spain, was the best thing ever. I was born into a big Spanish family. Which means big, loud and fun marriages, New Years, Christmases and birthdays. It's been going on for 22 years and I can't complain.

Every year on New Year's Eve we celebrate with the Sainz family who is very close to our family. Ever since I can remember, Carlos and I went outside on the grass, layed down on a blanket and looked at the fireworks. This year is going to be different. I'm going to tell Carlos how I feel by kissing him. We always joked about it but I'm inlove with the guy.

I wanted him to be my first kiss but Formula 1 was more important, instead of him, a friend of my sister kissed me when I was 16. I don't even want to know who was Carlos' first kiss. This year is going to be different. I'm going to walk into 2020 with or really bad news (he doesn't like me back) or really good news (he likes me back).

"Hola mamá, te extrañé mucho. (Hi mom, I missed you so much.)" I said when my mom opened her door and gave me a hug.

"Mi hermosa hija ha regresado. (My beautiful daughter has returned)." My mom said putting her hands on my cheeks and kiss my forehead.

"¿Cómo estás mamá y dónde está papá? (How are you mom and where is dad?)" I asked her while I struggle to take my bags through the door.

"Soy fantástico, cariño. Tu padre está afuera con Sainz Sr. (I am fantastic, honey. Your father is outside with Sainz Sr.)" My mom said going to the kitchen. I went upstairs to my room and closed the door. I haven't been here for quite a while because I got a job in France. I changed into a dark blue jean and a white shirt.

I looked outside and saw my dad really talking to Sainz Sr., but I don't see Carlos. Normally, Carlos and his father will arrive and then the next day the rest of his family arrive. Reyes(Mother), nice and loving but very protective over her children. Blanca (sister), she is loud, really good in fashion, but has a soft heart, she is coming tonight. Antonio and Julia (grandfather and grandmother) are the most caring people and the funniest too, I always like to listen to Antonio's stories. And ofcourse the uncles, aunts and cousins.

My sister, Mila, and brother, Jose, are coming tonight. Grandma and grandpa are already downstairs with my father. And the rest of my family is also coming tomorrow.

The only problem with a big gathering like this is the amount of food that must be made. Luckily, there's a lot of people who can help.

I go downstairs and went outside and greeted everyone. "Carlos is on his way, he had to be at a Mclaren meeting."

"Thanks, Senior." We talk for a bit more and then I decide to go in to get something to drink. I take out a small glass and pour some water in. I took a sip and heard a knock at the door. I put my glass down and opened the door to see a bright smiling Carlos infront of me.

"Carlos!" I gave him a big hug. I saw him a year ago.

"It's been so long," he said and I let go of him. "Where is everyone?"

"Outside." I just couldn't stop smiling, I really missed the dork.

"You coming?" he asked and then grab my hand and his bag. We walked outside where he dropped his bag. "Hello papá, Hola everyone." He said and let go of my hand to give everyone hugs.

"Y/n, please take Carlos to his room," my mom said to me and then everyone went on with their conversations.

I turn around and showed Carlos his room. He put his bag down on the bed and looked at me. He came closer and closer until we were two feet apart. He leaned in slowly and said,"Touch, you're it." He quickly touched my shoulder and started running.