CHAPTER 23

am i the only non british person who watched skins? 😅

Damon\Stefan vs Klaus\Elijah

who wins?

»»----- ♔ -----««

I

licked my lips and ran my hand through my hair. They all waited for me to say something but I just didn't know what to say.

Should I lie?

Tell them the truth?

Either way, I'm pretty sure it'll make them mad. Stupid Dixie. Why couldn't she mind her own business?

"Well?" Bryce pressed. I avoided eye contact with any of them when I answered.

"It's true," I said. The room went back to being silent.

"I'm going for a walk," Anthony mumbled. I opened my mouth to say something but Anthony already turned around and left the room.

I huffed and looked down at the floor.

"Why?" Josh asked harshly. I flinched but kept quiet and chewed on my lip.

"Why would you leave when things are finally good between everyone!" He yelled.

"You just said my reason." I blurted out calmly. Josh kept his angry expression on his face.

"You guys are good, I am no longer needed," I revealed.

"No longer needed!" Josh yelled once again, he threw his hands up and pulled at his hair.

"You think I planned to stay this long? Two months ago I planned on coming home and packing to go traveling. My curiosity got the better of me and I went to your place." I revealed just as aggressive.

"I felt as if I could help with your situation so I did. Now it's time for me to get to where I was going." I explained to them. I stood up and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Europe? And how long do you plan on staying over there?" Bryce scoffed.

"Until I'm bored," I responded carelessly.

"So is this what this is? You're bored with us?" Bryce pressed.

"What no! Not at all!" My eyes widened and I started to deny it truthfully.

"Then why leave!" Jaden burst randomly. I turned my focus to him now.

" It's not something random! Get that through your mind!" I shouted back.

"You can't just leave!" Jaden fired back. He was now in front of my face. My expression softened as I looked into his eyes.

"Give me one reason why I can't," I said softly. Jaden's expression also softened too. He pressed his lips into a straight line before letting them free. He reached up to touch my face but I grabbed his hand and pushed it back down.

"Just one and I'll stay," I said. I was no longer looking at only Jaden but all of them. They didn't say anything. They looked like they wanted to say something but none of them did. Their silence was simply taken into consideration.

"Nothing, I thought so," I muttered. I pulled back from Jaden and brushed myself off.

"I didn't plan on leaving today but I guess it'll have to do," I said to them. I refrained from showing any emotion as I walked towards the door.

"I'll have someone pick up my stuff soon," I said before I left completely.

I sighed deeply as I walked down the stairs.

"You're actually leaving. I thought they'd be able to talk some sense into you." Dixie sighed. She was sitting down on the couch with a mug in her hand.

"Goodbye Dixie," I said simply before walking to the front door taking my keys and leaving the house.

Maybe it's for the best that she told them. Heaven knows what would have happened if I just left out of the blue as I had originally planned.

I walked down the street as I pulled out my phone and dialed the only number I knew by head.

She immediately answered.

"You're still coming home tomorrow right?" I asked her right off the bat. She chuckled softly.

"Most likely," Taylor answered.

"Still up for one more adventure?" I asked her as I stopped in front of the house and unlocked the door.

"What'd you have planned?" She groaned on the line.

"Paris." I sighed softly forcing myself to smile as I pushed open the door and walked inside.

»»----- ♔ -----««

go read Nanny!