Chapter Fourteen

Blood. That's all it is. Its just blood.
My vision goes in and out as my shaky hand tries to find where Ashton stabbed me. I finally find the handle of the knife sticking out of my side near my hip. My head starts to weigh more than I think I should, making me lay it back down on the ground. It becomes damp with blood that poured out of my side from the stab wound. My breathing starts to become slow. I'm so tired.
"Adele?" I hear Calum say, he sounds like he's crying. I try and answer but a weird feeling of tiredness sweeps over me, making me not. "Adele please answer me," Calum chokes out.
I close my eye as this wierd feeling of tiredness controls whatever else I do. It's like I feel as if I can't move, or as is I'm stiff I'm just too weak to carry my own body. Or move my jaw to talk in that matter.
"Michael? Michael are you in here?" Calum yell weakly, I hear him shuffle around behind me, wincing at most times.
"Calum?" I hear somone whisper.
"Michael? Michael come out please you need to help me!" Calum pleads. I hear footsteps but after that the talking becomes muffled. I don't know why. Well....I have an Idea.
No.
Your fine.
Get up.
I can't.
I should be freaking out that this is happening, and on any other given day I would be. But, it was nice for it to be quiet. And since I felt so drowsy it felt nice to just lie there as a muffled sound filled my ears. It even started to grow dark because my eyes were cramped shut. It was so quiet and so nice, I got a feeling if relief almost. It felt as if all this weight was lifted off my shoulders. It felt weird.
But that all stop as I was shaken, it becomes more violent as I moan trying to make it stop. But the weird muffled sound comes back. My eyes open a little but my visions blurry, and keeping my eyes open suddenly become so much work. It becomes so hard. I then just give up, and when I do the muffling vanishes as well.
Peace.
But, whoever shook me the first time did it again, ruining the peacefulness that was happening. I moan again, saying its the only thing I could do and the only thing that seemed to signal it to stop. And as shaking stops the muffling returns, as if the whole cycle was happening again. But this time the muffling becomes louder and louder until it's no longer muffling but voices.
"Adele you gotta wake up please don't be dead," I hear Calum cry. "Adele please get up! Please! please! You're  okay I promise! Just wake up."
"Shit! Why did I just hide in here! Why didn't I help you guys!" Michael yells, his voice sounds strained, but filled with anger. All of a sudden I hear a moan that's not mine.
"What happened?" Luke says drowsily.
"Luke, Adele's dead," Michael says crying.
That's what alarms me.
I'm not dead.
I can't be dead.
No no no I am not dead.
I then gather all the strength inside in me and open my mouth, it burns becuase my lips were so chapped and my mouth is so sticky with saliva.
"No, I-I'm not dead" I squeak out, my voice scratchy.
I then open my eyes, when I do this I realize how much harder it is to breathe. It's as if I won't inhale as much as I need.
"Holy shit thank god," Calum sighs, I look up at him, he has tears streaming down his face and his whole body is shaking. I try and sit up but it hurts when I move my side, it makes me just wince in pain.
I try to then try to hoist myself up instead, but that just makes my side burn and makes the knife dig deeper into my body. Surprisingly, the knife doesn't hurt as much as I thought it would.
"I can't get up," I say taking my hands and plastering them over my face in shame. My throat becomes itchy because I'm trying to hold in tears. "I can't get up," I repeat. I then try again, pushing up with my hands flat to the ground. But it only causes a burning pain to spread, making me drop my body back down. "Oh my god I'm dying," I say as tears roll down my face.
My hands which are covered in my own blood from touching the floor, come onto my face again.
"No, don't say that no your not," Calum's weak voice whispers.
"Calum, yes I am! I'm dying! I'm gonna fucking die!" I try to yell, but my voice is so scratchy. I let out a sob as I lie there on my back. The room becomes quiet, the sound of me crying echoes through it. "I'm gonna die in this house, the house just right across the street from mine. And if I just had my key none of us would be in this situation! If I wasn't such a god damn idiot, NONE OF US WOULD BE HERE!! I WOULD HAVE A KNIFE IN MY BODY RIGHT NOW! I WOULDNT BE SITTING ON A BLOODY BASEMENT FLOOR SCREAMING OUT OF ANGER! I WOULD BE ALIVE! AND HAPPY! I WOULDNT BE DYING! I WOULD BE OKAY!" I scream into my hands, I let out another sob, making it harder for me to breathe. "We're all gonna die in here," I whisper.
Nobody says a word.
Nobody tries to be optimistic.
Nobody dares to disagrees with me.
Nobody will be able to walk out of this house ever again.
We all knew it.
We all knew it from the beginning.
But we're changing now.
We're different.
We've become savages, we're killing each other. We're relying on a phone to keep us alive.
A few hours ago we thought this wasn't gonna be a big deal. We all thought we would be out of here by now. We all thought someone would notice we were  missing.
We all had faith that we were gonna be okay.
And that is what the problem is.
We tricked ourselves.
We lied to ourselves.
Nobody at any giving moment is safe in this house.
Once you open that stupid front gate, you're dead.
Interrupting my thoughts, the majestic phone buzzes. I don't lift my hands off my face, though they makes me feel sticky and sweaty.
"Fresh start," Calum says, he then throws the phone across the room and anger.
Fresh start?
All of a sudden the blood under me feels as if it's getting slurped away. As if a straw was sucking it in, or a vacuum was cleaning it off the ground. As that happens my gashing cut starts to tickle as a feeling of something being sucked into it making me scream. My body bounces up trying to make it stop. It burns my skin and makes my blood cold all at the same time. I keep my mouth open to gasp in air and the feeling as if there were bubbles on my body that kept popping occurs throughout me. That made me grit my teeth and squeeze my eyes shut as I screech in pain. My head tingles and turns hot and then cold. My face burns but then turns smooth. My whole body shakes until I let out one final bloodcurdling scream.
I gasp for air as the knife flings out of my body and shoots across the room. I let out a weird shriek as I sit up.
I instantly grab for my side and feel nothing but my soft Blink-182 shirt on my body. I pull it up to see the gashing cut gone, I scream in awe and try and choke out words. The blood around me is gone and and my hands our no longer red. I reach for the top of my head to feel smoothness and no cuts or glass, and all the bruises around my body have vanished.
"Wha-wha-HOLY CRAP! I'm-IM ALIVE! Guys! IM GONNA LIVE IM GONNA-live...." I scream in joy. I look around me though, and I see that none of the boys our there.
My smile fades as I realize I'm not in the basement anymore.
I see a pool table and a wall with the words ONE HOUR UP scratched onto it. I see behind me there's a big bookshelf and in front of me lays a closed door. This room all too familiar.
I get up without feeling any pain and examin myself. My cloths look fresh out of the dryer and my hair is no longer sticky with blood. I tuck my brown soft hair behind my ear and feel that the side of my face doesn't have any peices of plate in it anymore. This makes me smile wide and bite my lip, which is now smooth and cutless. They're no longer chapped and broken. And for some strange reson, I don't feel scared.
And my hands aren't shaking anymore.
I'm brand new.
They actually are giving us a shot.
"Guys!?" I yell out, I don't hear anything.
I remember this room, I was just in here a few hours ago with Luke. It's hard to believe it almost. That was when Calum tried to ditch us and the wall caught on fire.
I remember over there, right behind me, I was with Luke freaking out because I thought he was dead for a second. And then when he woke up. I remember how good it felt to hug him, how I felt all warm and my stomach became filled with butterflies....
But Luke's gone now, he's not a cute innocent boy anymore. He's a madman. He's mentally screwed up now. And it's all because of this house. This torture zone, this paranormal festivity messing with are brains.
I then shake the thoughts out of my head.
I should find the rest.
And by rest I mean Calum or Michael.
And not Ashton.
I'm still a little freaked out about Luke's earlier incident.
Then again, he saved my life. And I will forever be grateful about that.
I then walk to the door and put my hand on the door knob. It doesn't zap me. I open the door to see an empty hall. I notice that all the doors that were open are now closed. I begin to walk, weirded out by the silence of all this.
"Luke? Michael? Calum?" I call quietly. I then decide to speak up. "LUKE!? MICHAEL?! CALUM?!" I yell.
"ADELE?!" I hear Calum yell, I sigh in relief that it's Calum. He's the one I mostly wanted to see at the moment.
I wonder it this strange voodoo-wound-less-shit happened to him?
"CALUM?! WHERE ARE YOU?!" I yell, it sounded as if it was coming from downstairs.
"IM IN LIVING ROOM!" Calum yells, I then quickly run down the stair, almost tripping because I was running so fast. I jump off the second to last step and then turn my body in the direction of the living room.
Calum stands there, he looks brand new too. His hair is no longer messy and his gashing up on his leg is gone. The cuts that were on his body are no longer there, and the bruise that was on the side of his head before has now vanished.
"You look...." I start.
"So do you...." Calum trails off. "Do you know what's going on?" He then questions.
"No," I respond awkwardly.
"Well fuck this can't be good," Calum mumbles, I frown when he says that. Becuase he's right.
This can't be good.
"What-uh...did the same thing happen to you? With all your cuts and stuff..." I trail off examing Calum.
"Yeah," he says then gulping.
"And you ended up in this room?" I ask.
"Yeah," he answers in the same tone.
It then becomes quiet as we both just stand there. Both of us awkwardly rock back and fourth, waiting for someone to say something.
"You scared me down there," Calum staes, I look up to see his eyes are glassy. "I thought that you were actually dead....I thought that you were gone forever."
I loose eye contact with him stare at my feet embarrassed.
"Sorry, I thought I was dead too," I mumble embarrassed. Calum then sighs as he sits in the couch.
"Do you know how hard it has been for me to watch this? My friends becoming murders? My best friends all dying right before me? Seeing them all mentally break down inside?" Calum then pauses, pursing his lips, "Luke is a maniac," he says, "yeah, on the outside we might look and feel better, but on the inside I haven't changed. I'm still in shock that my best friend tried to kill me, and-and I'm still in shock that Ashton just murder you almost down there. And Michael he-he ran away and watched us all suffer, he didn't help us one bit. It makes me mad! It makes me wanna hurt someone! They can't do this! There turning us into brutal abusive people! I-" Calum then sighs calming himself down. "I'm also mad at myself, because I fell in love with someone over the span of five hours," Calum then scoffs at himself. "And that now I'm gonna have my heart broken because she's gonna go for the guy that tried to murder me. The guy who's a killer. And you know what? That sucks" Calum says coldly.
It then becomes quiet.
I don't know what to say.
Honestly, I don't know what to do. But in reality, I'm mad at everyone but Calum. For starters, Ashton tried killing me, so I'm extremely scared of him. Michael hid in the corner of the basement as I was getting murder. And Luke...Luke chose to try and kill someone. He chose to take a knife and try and stab his friend.
I then clear my throat to talk, "Why do you think she would choose the murder?" I state. "Why do you think your hearts gonna be broken?"
"Because why would she want to stay with me? Honestly, I suck. I just in general suck, and every other human in this house is better than-" I then instantly cut him off as a fire inside me starts. He can't ever say those words around me.
"You do not suck! God dammit,
don't even say that! Calum Hood are you aware of what you do? You save lives! People our living because of you, they're happy because of you. People who are depressed and angry, they escape to you! Not only is your music great, but you save people! So don't go around saying you suck! Don't ever say those words again okay?" I say.
"Okay" Calum says simply.
"Good," I say back.
"But-"
"Don't," I stop him.
"I was gonna ask you a question," he says.
"Oh, well go ahead," I mumble.
"Did I save your life?" He asks, I then point down the basement.
"Calum you saved my ass like ten times today in the span of five hours," I respond in a annoyed tone.
"No I mean like....you know, have I ever saved you?" Calum asks, I bite my lip hard.
"Yes," I state.
"....How?" Calum questions, I sigh.
"It's kind of a long story...." I say, not wanting to tell him. I'm kind of embarrassed. He keeps staring at me waiting for me to tell him. I decide to just spit it out, "Bullies basically. Kids being jackasses and stuff..." I trail off, looking down at my worn converse.
"Oh...what did they say?" He asks.
"Stuff," I quickly answer.
"Stuff? Well....what kind of stuff?" He pressures.
"I don't think it really matters anymore-" I say fake smiling.
"Adele what did people say to you?" Calum says in a more concerned tone.
"Nothing I was....joking," I say. Calum just keeps staring at me with pleading eyes.
"Did they ever hit you?" He asks. I scratch the back of my neck.
"Uh...well, yeah-"
"Why?"
"I don't know-"
"Adele did they hurt you?"
"Yeah well-"
"Why didn't you do anything about it?"
"I did-"
"Why are kids mean to you?"
"Because I'm ugly! I'm fat! I'm stupid! And then when I'm not fat I'm anorexic and if it wear band merch kids ask why there our creeps on my shirt but if i
wear regular clothes I'm a try hard and I'm just never goo enough! Okay? I get bullied because I'm a problem and don't fit in. And if I say the wrong stuff kids get mad and get physical!" I spit out all too quickly. Calum gives me a confused look. "But it doesn't matter anymore!" I snap, then instantly looking down.
Calum looks down as well, he seems overwhelmed by my answers. I didn't mean to snap at him, it just kinda came out that way. Guess I've never talked it out with someone before...
"Sorry," Calum mumbles.
"No, I'm sorry that was weird..." I trail off, still looking down at the floor.
It then becomes quiet and my face becomes hot. I can't believe it just yelled all that out. Though...it felt kind of good to let it all go. No more hiding it from everyone. It felt nice. I felt free. Even though I'm trapped in a house....irony huh?
Calum then laughs. I don't see how any of this is funny, this is a so strange. He then looks up again.
"Can I say something?" Calum asks.
"What?" I say walking into the living room a little more and sitting down next to him on the couch.
"You're hot when your mad," Calum says smirking, I playfully push him away as he smiles. "Nailed it," he whispers to himself making me laugh.
"Well so are you," I state teasing him.
"Okay I have one more question," Calum says smiling.
"Yeah?"
"Can I kiss you?"
I sigh loudly.
"Yeah," I say as Calum at that instant, presses his lips against mine.
Something inside me lights up whenever he kisses me, it makes me feel like there's not a worry in the world. Isn't it strange how someone can make you feel that way? So happy or so Important? No one was able to do that for me before. Then again, this is Calum Hood. He's magic.
That's when the whole process starts again, Calum slowly raps his hands around my waste pulling me closer to him. I start to lean down on top of him while bringing my hands into his soft hair and making it naughty. I lay on top of him as he aggressively kisses me, and our tangled legs brush against each other. Then he does it again, he bites my lip making me moan. I can feel his smile against my lips when I do. I then press my lips on his harder in return, as his hands then go under my shirt. They run up my back giving me goosebumps as my hands trace around his neck, he reaches for my bra to unclip it. When he does I grab one of his arms and pull it away and out from under my shirt. He takes the other arm then and instead of unclipping my bra he draws spirals on my back with his finger. I smile against his lips. I then on the back of his neck make the same kind of circles that he does on my back. Right as we sit up Calum gently moves his lips away from mine and move the down towards my collar bone. He gently kisses it as I rest my head down on the couch. He lays his body down on top of mine as his lips trace back up to my own.
Then a strange feeling tickles my stomach, and makes Calum jolt up Because his stomach laid against mine. I open my eyes to see the phone fall out of his shirt. He looks at it and sighs, then throwing it across the room making me giggle. He then comes up to me and gently kisses my lips, Calum's fingers brush agiasnt my arm making me squeamish because of how much it tickles. I'm really ticklish person. It's almost not fair.
"Ticklish I see?" Calum mumbles, my eyes jolt open.
"Don't-" I say but before I could finishes Calum starts to tickle me all over. I laugh because of the strange pain. I want it to stop even though it makes me laugh so hard. "Calum!-Calum stop! Stop!" I say laughing so hard I could barely breathe.
Calum laughs at my struggle, which makes me lift my head and pecks his lips. Calum smiles, but it quickly fades as something comes flying at him and hits his head.
"Jesus Christ," he says wincing. I then sit up a little, resting my upper back on the arm of the couch. "Owwww," Calum whines. He then drops his head on my chest making me smirk. "It hurts make it stop" Calum now fake whines.
"You suck," I say laughing. He wraps his hands around me and lifts his head, smiling widely at me.
"Okay Abigail," he says slyly. I laugh at the witty comment as I reach to his side to see the phone lyes there. Calum then turns to lay on his back, his head lyes on my stomach and plays with a string that he pulled off his shirt. I take the phone and look to see there's a text.
Actually, there are three text:
okay half way though the fifth hour, game time!
Okay break it up you too...
HELLO? Do you want us to kill you?
Then another text pops up, it's long making me sigh at the sight of it.
It reads: now that we have got your attention, it's game time!! This game is called spin- a- dare! We all know the game spin the bottle right? Well this game, you spin the bottle, and if the top of the bottle lands on you, whoever your across from gives you a dare! It will be fun! It's not like you guys aren't all friends...you'll go easy on each other, won't you? Anyways...I would suggest going into your favorite room upstairs...it's where the rest are. And don't think you just can't play, you won't end up leaving this house if you don't participate. Have fun!!
Well were all gonna die now.
"Calum..." I trail off.
"Yeah?" He says, still in a dazed happy mood, but once he sees the expression on my face he frowns. "What-what's wrong?" He asks.
"Read this," I say handing him the phone, he then quickly reads it. Eyes growing bigger each sentence, he  slams the phone down on his stomach. "No, Adele they're all gonna kill me!" Calum complains.
"No they won't, trust me it will be fine," I start.
"But-Luke and-Adele....would it be that bad if we were stuck here forever? I mean..." Calum the trails off.
"Calum, we need to resolve this anyways. We're already are in this fucked up house, we don't need to be murdering each other on top of it. Come on, we'd only have to play for an hour, and once that hours up, will be half way through the 7th hour. Will be closer than ever," I say. I then start to get up, but Calum grabs my hand.
"Adele promise me something?" Calum says.
"Yeah?" I respond.
"You'll never froget how you felt right here, and right now with me. Not with Luke, not with Michael, with me," Calum says, my heart melts.
"Calum you won't have to worry about me forgetting," I start, "You just have to promise when this is all over, you won't forget about me," I whisper. Calum nods.
"Never, I will never forget," he says.
I smile as I then pull him up and grasp his hand tightly.
"Keep me away from Ashton will ya?" I saying sighing.
I was really scared at the moment because of Ashton. I don't wanna face him ever again. But I have to or else my whole speech about resolving this would of been a fail.
"I knew you were scared," Calum says taking a deep breath, and squeezing my hand as we walk towards the stairs.
"He tried to murder me of course I'm scared," I mumble.
"I know exactly how you feel," Calum responds as we walk upstairs.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay. Who ships who? Like I wanna know....do people ship Calum and Adele or our u shipping her with Luke, Michael, or Ashton? Will someone tell me who they ship??😁😁😜

ANYWHOOOO
that was a weird chapter....a lot kind of happened but I'm exited to write the next chapter I have sooooooo many ideas for it!!!!
As always i am Sorry if there our grammar errors....😳
Thank u for reading commenting and voting!!! love u lotts biiii!!! ❤️✖️