Chapter Ten

"Hey Adele?" Calum says.
We sit against the wall staring into the bathroom. I'm still freezing my ass off of course, but I don't let that bother me anymore.
"Yeah?" I say, I look into Calum's bloodshot eyes.
He looks terrible.
"I-um.....what happened to me? Because I swear on my life that I'm not pretending. I don't know what's going on, Im really lost right now. I mean, one minute I was with Luke and we were upstairs because we heard a noise in the basement- and then it's like I blacked out and all I felt was pain- but then I woke up and I now look like I just got hit by a plane and I was in that room over there" Calum says pointing to the room next to the bathroom. He then let's out an unenthusiastic laugh and smiles, "Luke's never gotten mad at me like that before" he says.
His smile then turns into a frown as he sniffs and starches his head. Every movement he makes seems like it's painful. He has bruises scattered across his arms, and one on his face right below the eye. But that one might of just been from the fight he had earlier with Michael. Scratches are in every place they can get on his body, and his skinny jeans now have a rip by the knee. His eyes contain a glassy look of fear as he stares into the bathroom.
"Calum....I'm sorry" is all I could say, because I actually felt really bad for Calum. I don't think he's lying, I think he actually just doesn't remember.
I sigh and look down as his hands, the knuckles are bruised from the fight earlier and the tips of his fingers our hard and stiff from playing the bass. He sniffs again making me look back up at his face, he looks down and scrunches his nose up.
"Adele, don't say you're sorry, just tell me what I did" Calum says.
His voice sounded weird, dry, scratchy, but it was cute. I gulp and take a deep breath as I begin to tell him all that I know.
"Okay, I don't know really know what happened but all that Luke told me was that you disappeared and then reappeared with a knife in your hands and your eyes rolled to the back of your head. He said stuff like, your neck was snapping weirdly or something and that you were whispering things that couldn't understand....And that's probably why he stormed off like that" I say firmly, Calum then does another one of those unenthusiastic laughs.
"This all makes no senses, god it's as if your all telling me a got possessed" Calum says resting his head back on the wall.
When he says those words a shiver gets sent up my spine, it's probably because I'm so fucking cold though. But still, that word, "possessed." It just makes me want to throw up and hide in a corner.
"Calum, I have a question for you now" I ask.
"Yeah?" he mumbles.
"Why did you and Luke go up here in the first place?" I ask.
"I already told you, were heard a sound in the basement and fled up here scared" He says annoyed.
"Oh, Okay..." I say shying away.
"Sorry, I didn't mean for it to come out like that" Calum says shaking his head.
"It's fine, you can act like this around me, I won't judge" I say.
I mean, I get it. He's frustrated and in pain, I would be the same way if I were in his shoes.
"You know Adele, your not that bad" Calum says.
"Thanks, neither are you" I say smiling.
"No I mean it, like most girls if they were in here would be crying there eyes out the whole time and probably be making out with Luke by the end of the first hour. But you're different, like you're just normal around us" Calum says, I let out a laugh.
"Why would a girl be making out with Luke by the first hour? Why not Ashton or Michael or you?" I asks smiling, Calum then smiles back.
"Because Luke always gets all the girls, it's crappy. Like sometimes were walking and we bump into the fans, they'll only asks to take pictures with him and nobody else" Calum says, I sit up and slam my hand down.
"What! Are you kidding me! Talk about bitches" I say making Calum laugh.
"No, they're probably all very nice girls, Just Luke kind of....well you know he's Luke. And I'm not" Calum says, my heart melts as he looks down ashamed.
"Well, Calum let me tell you something. If I saw you and Luke walking down the street, I would defiantly go up to you first" I say trying to make him feel better, He smiles and nods.
"Actually, no you wouldn't. Because if you did then Luke would get pissed" Calum says.
"Why? I'm pretty sure he can manage the wait" I say.
"Because Luke is in love with you" Calum says.
"Shit so Ashton wasn't kidding" I mumble.
I get a weird/happy/confused/loving/fangirl/sad/angry feeling inside me. Luke actually likes me. Luke Hemmings, the boy everyone dreams of dating likes me.
What the hell.
Wait.
Oh my god.
HOLY CRAP LUKE HEMMINGS LIKES ME!
OH-
MY-
GOD -
OKAY.
CALM DOWN.
C A L M D O W N
okay.
I'm calm.
"But Luke's not here right now" Calum says interrupting my thought, I turn and face him to see him staring right back at me, a weird feeling arises from within me.
"Yeah, I guess he isn't" I say restating the obvious.
"But you know.....he's not the only one who likes you" Calum says, before I could think or respond Calum presses his lips against mine. I thought it would feel weird, but no, It was amazing. Even though he was just telling me Luke liked me, it felt so good to be kissing him.
My eyes close as I kiss him back, not caring about anything else in the world at that moment. His hands cup my face as mine secure around his neck, I gasp in air whenever I could but trying to without parting lips was hard.
But it didn't matter at that moment, I honestly didn't care that I could barely breath. The fact that his lips were in sync with mine was all I could focus on, the way he hungrily kissed me was all I cared about. His hands then move to my waist as he pulls my wet body in closer to him, my hands then move to his head were I get my fingers tangled in his hair. He bites my lip making me moan. As he pulls me on his lap, his sweaty head gets pressed against the wall and his bruised arms tighten around my waist. My wet body presses against his and becomes warm. My eyes stay shut as I just focused on the movements and the way we touched each other. It felt almost too good.
What a rush.
....And that's when things started to go down hill.
"Calum! What the fuck!" I hear someone yell, I quickly then pull my lips apart from his as he turns his head staring wide eyed at Luke, Michael, and Ashton.
"Shit" Calum whispers still holding my body close to his.
"Great. Just great Calum, you know fine! Kiss her all you want, I don't give a fuck" Luke yells turing around and walking down the hall again.
"Luke!" Ashton yells turing around but not following after him.
"Luke" I say weakly, "Luke wait!" I say getting off Calum and running towards Luke who just keeps walking. "Luke please stop!" I say catching up to him as he starts walking down the stairs. I then take his shoulder and pull on it making him spin around,
"What?!" Luke yells at me.
"Luke please don't me mad," I say.
"Why! Why shouldn't I be mad? Give me one good reason why I can't be mad!" Luke yells, his voice growing the more he speaks.
"Because it's my fault! So don't blame Calum I was the one who kissed him okay!?" I yell back lying, Luke then rolls his eyes.
"You don't understand Adele" Luke mumbles annoyed, he then continues to walk down the stairs again, I quickly stop him by running in front of him.
"What do I not understand Luke?" I whisper.
"That I-" Luke starts, he then shuts his mouth and thinks about what he's gonna say next, "Never mind, can you just get out of my way?" Luke say annoyed.
"Luke what is it? Come on, you can tell me" I say.
"Oh really? Right, yeah but you see I'm pretty sure that right after your gonna just go tell Calum!" Luke yells trying to move past me.
"Luke! Listen, I'm really sorry okay? I knew you liked me but it took me by surprise when he kissed me and I didn't know what to do or what to think. Please Luke I'm sorry!" I say with pleading eyes.
"Oh, so you lied? You just said you were the one who kissed him! Now your lying, great that's great" Luke snaps. I groan.
"Luke! Stop! What is your deal! I said I'm sorry! Calm down!" I yell, I don't know what else to do.
"No! I'm so done with Calum you don't understand. You weren't the one who almost got killed by him Adele!" Luke yells.
"He didn't know what he was doing!" I yell back, my voice cracks at the very end because I just wanted to cry. I needed to cry and just let it all out, but that would only make matters worse.
"OH REALLY! AND DID HE TELL YOU THAT?!" Luke screams at me making my eyes water.
"Luke please calm down!" I say trying to maintain my cool.
"No!" Luke yells, "No, I will not calm down" Luke says much quieter than before. He then tries to move past me again but I block the way. "Adele move" he says gritting his teeth.
"No Luke we need to resolve this-" I start but then Luke pushes me, the air gets knocked out of me as my head hits the wall and my foot slides off the step, making my head slam into the edge of the stair. That then makes the corners of my eyes darken.
"Oh my gosh Adele I didn't mean to push you that hard" Luke says quickly bending down and helping me up, right as I get back up I instantly grab my head and crouch down again, it pounds hard making a moan escape from my mouth. "Adele Im really sorry I just meant to get you out of the way" Luke says bending down next to me. I want to respond but I couldn't, my head hurt
way too much.
It was a different kind of pain then anything I've ever felt before. It made me feel as if my whole body was collapsing, my head was pounded even harder than it did when I was in that hallway. I press down hard on the back of my head trying to make it stop but it won't. "Adele-"
"What happened?" I hear Ashton say.
"Adele?" I hear Michael call as he then comes down the stairs.
"Luke! What the fuck did you do to her!" Calum yells.
"I didn't mean too I swear" Luke says sympathetically.
"Jesus Christ," I hear Ashton mumble, All of a sudden my wrist gets grabbed and I get pulled up, it makes me dizzy and loose my balance so I almost fall off the step again. I see that Michael though keeps a secure grip on me so I don't fall, he then helps me down the stairs and leads me to the couch in the tacky living room where I instantly go back to grabbing my pounding head.
"I'm sorry," I mumble.
"Sorry? Why are you sorry you didn't do anything" Michael says to me.
"Yes I did!" I say, my voice scratchy because of trying to stop myself from crying earlier.
"Adele nobody gives a fuck that you kissed Calum! Luke's just upset about what happened earlier I swear, he just needed space that's all" Michael says soothingly, I'm guessing he doesn't know that I knew Luke liked me, so I just play along.
"Well I'm still sorry," I mumble.
"And whys that?" Michael says.
"Because you've stopped me from passing out like 8 billion times today and that's kind of awkward."
"It wasn't 8 billion times, it was three. And it's not awkward, don't worry about it" Michael says. I then sigh loudly and lean my head- which hurts like crazy- on Michaels shoulder.
"Thank you for being nice. I know I'm just a pain in the ass so thank you" I say closing my eyes.
Right now, I think if I was Michael I would slap me because I have been no help whatsoever really.
"Adele please, you're the farthest thing from the pain in the ass. You've helped us more than anyone here. I mean you're the main reason we've survived this mess so far," Michael says.
"Yeah but I got you into this mess in the first place. Face it this really is all my fault" I say.
"Well then lesson learned, don't follow pretty brunettes into a paranormal infested house" Michael jokes, "I'm kidding, Adele none of this is your fault. And if I hear you say it it one more time I will pinch you to death."
"Your gonna pinch me? Oh no, but that's gonna really hurt!" I joke.
"Well your gonna have to man up then" Michael says, I can feel his smile.
"Adele are you okay? I'm sorry this is all my fault" I hear Calum say which makes my eyes quickly open, he sits next to me as I take my pounding head off Michaels shoulder and look into Calum's beautiful eyes.
"No it's not, it's my-OW!" I yell as Michael pinches me.
"Michael?" Calum says sternly.
"You don't understand we made a deal," Michael says making me smile.
"Your such a dork," I say.
"Thanks love you too," Michael response sarcastically.
"So you're okay, right?" Calum says, his eyes widen in worry as I plaster a fake smile on my face.
"Of course, my head just hurts a little" I say.
Actually it hurts a lot
Like A LOT
THE PAIN IS KILLING ME ACTUALLY NOW THAT I THINK ABOUT IT.
"Adele don't lie to me that's not nice," Calum says.
"Okay fine my head hurts a lot" I say.
"God this is all my fault I'm sorry," Calum says.
"No it's not. Calm down I mean to be honest, that was a pretty good fists kiss" I say, Calum then bites his lip and smiles.
"Oh well, you know that's just how I role. Calum the kisser is what they call me" Calum says joking.
"Calum don't push it" Michael snaps.
"Sorry" Calum says.
"Guys Luke feels really bad right now and he won't talk to me" Ashton says entering the room.
"What? Why it was a-" I start and the wince becuse my head pounds even harder, "an accident" I finish.
"Thanks that helped the situation" Ashton mumbles.
"Well at least she's not blaming the situation on Luke even though he pushed her down the stairs" Calum snaps.
"He didn't mean too! Calum just shut up okay, you shouldn't of kissed her and you know it" Ashton says.
"No! It was okay! Luke needs to understand that he's not the only one with feelings. He can go call dibs on another girl, it won't be that hard for him" Calum says defensively.
"You guys please don't fight" I say awkwardly.
They're fighting about me.
What. The. Hell.
"Calum can you just go an apologize?" Ashton pleads.
"I didn't do anything! he needs to just get over it. Plus, if he really liked her why didn't he kiss her when they were locked in rooms multiple times together?!" Calum says.
"Calum calm down okay?," Michael says to him in a hushed tone.
"Well Cal,  it's was never established as a kissing contests" Ashton mumbles making me feel really awkward in the mist of this situation.
"I'm so over this right now" Calum sighs slouching down on the couch.
"Here, I can try talking to him" Michael says.
"Thanks for helping Michael instead if making situations worse like, cough cough, Calum!" Ashton says, Calum just looks up at him with lost eyes as they leave the room.
"Calum its not your fault-"
"No, it is," Calum says sighing.
"Calum please don't take all the blame for this. Some of it might of been your fault, but then some of it might of been mine, and some Luke's" I say looking at him, Calum takes a deep breath and puts a half smile on his face.
"Hey Adele" he says as I grab my head.
"Yeah" I manage to say.
"Do you like me?" he asks, I turn my head and look at him, he looks so sad it hurts.
"Well, yeah of course" I say.
"Like not just as a person, but you know...." Calum trails off.
"Um, I think?" I say.
I think.
I THINK.
WHY DID I JUST SAY I THINK!
WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME.
THIS IS WHY IM SINGLE.
THIS EXACT MOMENT SHOWS WHY IM SINGLE.
Why did I just UGHHHHHHHH.
"Your cute," Calum says smiling.
I hope that's good.
"So are you," I respond, Calum laughs.
"I think you should lie down" He says to me.
"So do I" I say laughing.
"I'll wake you up when we fix this" Calum says.
I then do as I'm told and rest my head on Calum's leg and closing my eyes.
Before I knew it I started to drift off, which I absolutely didn't want happening. But it was so quiet, and so peaceful, and my head pounded less. I couldn't really help myself.
So, I drifted off dreaming of things that I can't quite make out. Then in the dream I hear something, it sounded like a weird vibration, I look around and don't see anything there. Then it vibrates again, this time a jolt awake.
"Calum?" I say sleepily truing around, he's not there. I see the phone lays by me which means that I'm screwed.
"Michael! Calum! Luke! Ashton!" I yell, I don't hear anything. The house is completely silent. I then take my hand which shakes and pick up the phone. I read the text: Nap on your own time, were playing a game. And this ones called hide a seek.....oh! And you're it! Good luck, half of your hours already up thanks to your little nap, hope you can find your friends in time.....
---------------------------------------------

Calum's hot and that's a fact.
I thought I would update yay!!!!! I'll try and update once more this week IF I can so no promise...sorry :(
Anyway I have a question: if I wrote another Fanfiction would anyone read it??? I have TONS of ideas, for not just horror but other genres too
ANYWAYS THANK YOU FOR READING, VOTING, AND COMMENTING!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING THIS ILLY!!! ❤️❤️❤️
Sorry that this was kind of a shorter chapter, Biiiii