Chapter Eleven

[Ashton's POV]
-sometime earlier-
Luke sits on the steps cursing at himself for pushing Adele down the stairs. Me and Michael have been trying for about 15 minutes to calm him down, but he won't stop feeling so regretful.
"Luke, she said it was okay" I say for the twelfth billionth time.
Luke nods his head.
"I hurt a girl, that's wrong" he simply replies.
"No, the stairs hurt the girl. Not you," Michael says.
I roll my eyes at him because he's trying to be funny at a time like this. Michael always tries to lighten the mood with his stupidity. It never works.
"I can't believe Calum did that" Luke mumbles harshly.
"Okay, you know what you guys need to figure this out. You and Calum need to stop fighting before I rip out all my hair" I say walking into the living room.
Adele's eyes out closed and her head rests on Calum's leg. Calum plays with her hair. I take a deep breath and try and hold in my anger towards him. He knows Luke liked her the moment he laid eyes on her. Why would he do this?
Why do they even like her?
They only just met today!
"Calum can you please go talk to Luke?" I say annoyed.
"I don't think he wants to talk to me," Calum says sadly, I cross my arms over my chest.
"Cal, just talk to him" I say in a tone that makes Calum sigh.
"But she fell asleep! And I don't wanna wake her up" he whines.
I roll my eyes.
"Enough with the lovey dovey stuff Cal, just get up. She'll live if she wakes up" I say harshly grabbing Calum's arm and dragging him to the stairs.
When we get there Luke looks up and his face fills with anger.
"Listen I'm sorry-"
"Don't" Luke says in a harsh cold tone, it sends a shiver down my spine.
"Told you Ash, now let's not have another fight break out. Just let me go back to where Adele is because she's the only one here that's doesn't look like they wanna beat me up," Calum says.
I grab his arm before he can even complete two steps of walking.
"No. Luke, Calum just apologized okay? I think we can all now take a deep breath and-"
"Will you guys all just shut up?! I'm not nagging you! Just give me some space!" Luke yells.
"See! He now hates me more, thanks a lot Ash!" Calum yells at me, trying to squirm out of my grip.
"Guys your being ridiculous! Just have a heart to heart moment and get this over with!" I yell as Calum fights against my stern grip.
"Okay? You wanna heart to heart moment! Fine!" Luke yells as he then jerks up from the step and starts to march towards Calum.
"Not again," Calum mumbles as a look of worry appears on his face.
"No! Luke...ahhhhhh ha ha. Stop" Michael says stepping in front of him.
"No! Cal just ruined everything! I bet he also told her some shit about me and now she thinks I'm some slut or something!" Luke yells pointing towards the living room.
"Guys, come on. You all only just met! I mean, I'll admit she's gorgeous but-"
"That's not why I-care for her,"
Luke stutters, cutting of Michael.
"Well what other reason is there? Huh? It's not like it was love at first sight! That doesn't exist!" I yell.
"Shhh, she sleeping" Calum whines.
"Shut up Calum" I snap.
"ASH YOU JUST DRAGGED ME OUT HERE TO TALK TO LUKE DONT TELL ME TO SHUT UP!" Calum yells.
"WELL THEN STOP WITH ALL THIS CRAPY CARING STUFF, YOU KISSED THE GIRL ONCE AND YOUVE ONLY KNOWN HER FOR THREE HOURS! YOUR ACTING AS IF YOUR IN LOVE" I yell back.
"WELL MAYBE I AM!" Calum snaps.
"THE FUCK CALUM?!" Luke yells.
"HOW CAN YOU BE IN LOVE WITH A GIRL YOU JUST MET?" I yell at Calum.
"I SAID MAYBE, MAYBE I DO MAYBE I DONT" Calum says in a matter-of-fact tone.
"YOUR MAKING NO FUKING SENSE!" I yell.
"YOU GUYS OUR JERKS! JUST LEAVE ME ALONE, OKAY!?" Calum yells, his voice hoarse.
"WOW, JERKS. GOOD ONE CAL THAT REALLY BURNED!" Luke yells sarcastically.
"Guys can you please stop yelling?" Michael says quietly.
"SHUT UP MICHAEL" Luke yells.
"Oooookkkaayyyyy" Michael says stepping back.
"YOU KNOW WHAT? IM DOING THIS THING ON MY OWN! HAVE FUN SURVIVING 24 HOURS ASSHOLES" Calum yells storming off down the hall and into the kitchen.
"OH MY GOD I HATE YOU GUYS!" Luke yells, also going down the hall.
"GREAT! JUST GREAT" I yell sarcastailly then marching upstairs.
I am done with these boys and there problems.
I'm so done with Luke.
I'm so done with Calum.
I'm so done with Michael because..... Well, he's Michael.
I'm so done with this band.
]Adele's POV]
-Present time-
Are. You. Kidding. Me.
"What," I say as my heart begins to race.
I am all alone.
Oh god this has to be a dream this doesn't make any sense. I was only asleep for a like a minute it felt like, and it's now telling me and hour and a half has passed since I was down in the basement? But it felt as if I was just down there 15 minutes ago! And to put the cherry on top, I'm all alone. I can't do this by myself! I can't even walk through a hallway without shitting my pants.
I need to get out of here and call the cops, maybe I can find something to break the window with. This is gone way to far.
I search around the room to see if there's anything to break the window in the tacky living room I feel asleep in. I don't see anything that I could just chuck at it, like a weird decorative glass bird or something, but I do see a lamp which could help. I go to the side table by the cream couch that's damp from my body sleeping on it. A small over decorated lamp sits there, I go to grab it but then I stop. A sudden thought of what happened to Michael when he messed with the silverware and glasses on the dinning room table ran through my head. What if that happens to me?
My eyes rolling to the back of my head and I start whispering things no one could understand? How about no thanks.
That's when the quietness in the house is interrupted by a low buzz, which cause me to jump and make my heart race.
The phone which was on the couch now lays on the coffee table that sits in the middle if the room. My shaky hands reach for it to see, what I'm guessing is a text. I snatch the phone as my body keeps a fair shake. I then read the small print surrounded by a green bubble: tick toc your wasting time little girl. Um, that was a little cheesy. I might be two or three years younger than the boys in this house but I'm not twelve.
I bite my lip as I glance at the lamp, then the window, then back to the phone.
"Screw it" I say to myself as I take the phone and walk out of the room.
I go to the stairs and stare down at the phone which is at the moment blank. I then jam my thumb into the home button, to my surprise it lights up. The time doesn't show, and the screensaver is just black, the only thing seen is the little arrow at the bottom that says "slide to unlock". I do as read and slide my thumb across the screen, it opens up in texts without my command and shows all the previous text from before. I then see that there is still a send button in the corner, does this mean I can text back? I look up to the top to see it doesn't have a back arrow to send a message to someone else, and this time when I press the home button it won't quit out of texts. I then tap the bottom and the keyboard pops up. My eyes widen and my breath becomes choppy. My shaky thumbs start to tap the letters, ever so often putting a space between them. I end up simply typing: Why are you doing this. Because I have learned my lesson to not to walk into unsold houses anymore. And I really don't wanna spend 21 more hours in this creep show.
The little line at the top of the screen choppily races across trying to get to the finish. But when it reaches the end a red exclamation point pops up and the words "not delivered" appear. I then shut the phone off and sigh.
Of course it wouldn't work.
"Hello?!" I scream to no one in particular.
The only thing I hear after is a faint echo of my voice. I gulp loudly as I then look up the stairs. It's where they've always been wanting me to go, so.....I head up.
I notice every creek the stairs make when I walk up them, and all the tiny noises like when my nail scratches against my leggings making a 'ziiiiip' sound. Or, when I bit my lip, it makes a faint pulling and tugging sound. I don't think I've ever been this paranoid.
When I reach the top I see that all the doors our closed. Last time I was up here three where open. I gulp as my eyes fill with a look of fear.
"Hello?" I say weakly, no answers "shit," I whisper scared as I stand on the top step.
That's when I hear a sudden scratching and banging noise making me almost jump out of my skin. I scream in fear and snap my head to where the noise is coming from. I see a door, shaking violently, I bite my lip hard as my stomach twists. I hear muffled yelling from the other side. I become shaky as I walk towards it. It's violent shaking makes me wanna curl up in a ball and cry.
But, I'm guessing one of the boys must be in there. So, I gotta suck it up.
As I walk down the hall becoming closer to the room, I hear a low buzz. In my hand the phone sits there, opened up in texts.
The text reads: warmer.
This is so stupid, I'm gonna die. I'm gonna die by some slasher murder chopping my head off into a billion pieces. Oh god why. I'm so dead. Oh no.
I finally approach the shaking door, I reach out for the brass knob which looks cold and edgy. I finally get my shaking hand to grip onto the knob. I then slowly turn it as my eyes itch from not blinking, I don't wanna take any chances. When I pull I scream in fear and shut my eyes as I almost force myself to hear the sound of a chain saw. When I get the courage to look, I see that there's nothing there, it's completely dark and lifeless from where I stand.
"Okay...." I trail off, poking my head into the dark room.
I gulp because like always, it doesn't make any sense. How was the door was shaking if there is no one in here to shake it? Or any sign of life to shake it for that matter.
Right as I was about to take my first step in the room I hear a bloodcurdling scream behind me and something rams into my back, making me fall on my face into the other room. As I start to sit up I see the door slam shut behind me.
"What!?" I scream as I lay on the cold floor, I let out a sob of fear as my shaky body scrambles to get up. "Hey! Hey let me out!" My raspy voice screams, I then go to grab the doorknob, but theres not one there.
That's when it hits me, I'm trapped in this room again. The one where Michael broke off the door knob. But how? Who pushed me?
"Let me out!" I screech. "Let. Me. Out!" I say then running towards the door and ramming my body towards it, I end up tipsily skidding backwards and getting a minor headache. "Oh my god" I say shaking, my words choppy because of it. "No, no this ISNT FAIR!" I scream kicking the door. "YOU CANT LOCK ME IN HERE AND KILL US ALL!" I yell to no one in praticular, a sudden feel of anger lights inside me.
I ball my fist up and tense all my muscles as I then run up to the door again and trying to kick it down like Luke. Who I might not ever see again if I can't get out.
"Please! Please no-" I say as I then cut my self of as I hear a 'snap' sound behind me. My whole body freezes and my hair becomes still as it sticks to my red face. My eyes widen as I make sure not to move a single muscle in my body.
The room falls compeltly silent.
Except, for the sound of breathing.
I then experiment by holding my breath. Call me crazy, but I'm pretty sure something is wrong.
When I hold my breath, I still hear it.
The sound of air being inhaled and exhaled.
Somebody else is in here with me.
"Who's in here?" I say staying close to the door, I hear nothing in return. "I know sombodeys in here! Who is it?" I say in a more stern tone. I then gulp loudly and continue to catch my breath. "Please, come out I won't-" my pleading gets interpret by a muffled sneeze. "SEE! I HEAR YOU! WHO IS IN HERE WITH ME!?" I yell at the top of my lungs in utter fear. I then hear a sigh, that's not mine. It makes me snap as I then stomp into the darkness. "COME OUT! IM SICK AND TIERD OF THESE GAMES! WHO ARE YOU!?" I yell then bumping into a wall, the rooms is was more narrow than I thought.
As I walk backwards a few steps and un-scrunch my face, I hear the sound of faint footsteps. I stop walking.
I stop hearing them.
"Whoever is in here, I won't hurt you just....who is it?" I say trying a calmer approach.
I hear nothing.
I even stop breathing.
nothing.
I then let my breath out so my lungs won't collapse on me and stand in the center of the room breathing heavily.
In the corner of my eye I see something glowing, it makes me freeze as I then turn around and see that on the ground lays Calum's scratched up phone. I must of dropped it when I got locked in here.
I decide to slowly walk up to it, pushing the thought of someone else being in here to the back of my mind. As I come closer to the phone I see that a text has appeared on the screen. I squat down and reach my hand out to grab it. My finger tips brush against the sides of the phone. But, then a hand covered in what looks like blood pops out of nowhere and makes me scream louder than I ever had in my life.
I back away from the phone jumping and screaming as the blood covered hand succeeds a tight grip around the phone. The phone light then turns off as I stand with my arms covering my face in the center of the room. My breath races and my body shivers as I stand on my tippy toes afraid of the ground. I keep a fair distance from all walls and let out weird screeches.
"Oh my god oh my god," I repetivly mumble standing in the center of the room to afraid to go by the door. "Please don't kill me!" I cry scared. I snap my head to the left as I see the light pop up in the corner of the room. I see a strange figure hovering near it, a black, tall, silhouette. The figures hands our up and breaths heavily. It looks like a man. But it's no one familiar. We both stand there breathing heavily, until to the phone light then dies down and the room becomes dark.
"I-I thought you were somone else" I hear a deep voice mumble, I let out a sob because of how deep and scary it was. But quickly my crying calms down as I realize that that voice sounds extremely familiar.
"Luke?" I all but whisper.
I then slowly walk up to the frozen tall figure, which I can barley see because of it being so dark.
"Wait!" he yells making me freeze mid way towards him, I see the phone illuminate Luke's faces as he picks it up. He shines the phone light at me making me squint. "Lift your hand up" he commands.
I do as I'm told. He then sighs and walks up to me.
"Okay it's the real you" he says coming up and hugging me. I stand there frozen, not even wrapping my arms around Luke in return because Im in some way, confused. "Adele, I'm sorry for everything that I did. I did not mean to push you down like that and I feel like and asshole for doing it. I would never hurt a girl in that way so I'm sorry" Luke says quickly and gripping my shoulders. I stand there not saying anything for a second, I then finally spit something out.
"Luke what's going on?" I say, I mentally slap myself because I sounded like a bitch saying those words.
For some reason my shoulders feel damp from when Luke put his hands on them.
So does my back.
Weird....
"When you feel asleep we all got into a argument and you weren't there to help us and we ended up separating and then I found this room with mirrors and your where there but I didn't know which one was the actually you but then your eyes rolled to the back of your head and-" Luke then takes a huge breath. "And then you shoved your hand up and it had five slashes in it and then I finally found my way out and hid in here scared and then when you walked in I thought I was the fake you and I didn't know what to dosoijuststayedasquietaspossiblescareduntiligrabbed-" he then takes and other huge breath. "Phone and my hand is bloody because I tiredtogetcalumback and I think I'm going mentally insane" Luke finally finishes.
I stand there in with a look of confusion. Luke stands there in shock trying to catch his breath.
"What?" Is all I manage to say, Luke then looks down as I sort this in my brain. "Okay um, so you guys got into a fight, which made you all split up....and then you went in a room where there our a tone of mirrors and saw me who was still sleeping on the couch? Except it was like a-possessed me and....I had five slashes on my hands. So then you escaped and you said that-wait, YOUR HANDS WERE BLOODY BECUASE OF WHAT?!" I yell making Luke bite his lip.
"I-I tried to-well I succeeded, at getting Calum back" Luke mumbles looking down at his shoes.
My jaw drops as I then step away.
"Luke....how did you get him back.....?" I say scared now, Luke then looks up at me with bloodshot eyes. He looks as if he's about to cry.
"Adele I tried to kill him" he whisper making my blood turn ice cold. "I don't know what's wrong with me, Adele please help me" Luke pleads as a tear trickles down his cheek.
I don't know what to think.
I don't know what to do.
How is this even possible?
My stomach gets a sick twisted feeling as words our trying to be pushed out of my mouth, but I wouldn't let them. All I can think and hope is that Calum Hood is alive.
".....I-is Calum dead Luke?" I whisper, my eyes become glassy. Luke looks like he's gonna throw up as his mouth moves but no words come out. "No, Luke no" I whisper scared. Luke finally rolls some words off his tongue.
"I-I....I almost did" he chokes out, as tears fly down his face. I mentally sigh in relief because he said almost, which I'm guessing means Calum is alive.
"Luke what did you do to him?" I whisper trying not to have such and angry tone. But I can barely help myself, how can Luke try and kill Calum? How could he go that far....we all know Calum- well....we all know something was wrong with him when he tried to kill Luke. I mean, Calum didn't even remember. But Luke, he just flat out admits it. He tried to kill Calum.
"I-I was so pissed at him that when we split up I saw him in the Kicthen and I took a knife and I......" Luke then squeezes his eyes shut and takes a deep breath, "I didn't mean too-"
"Where is he" I snap, because Luke obviously meant to try and kill Calum. He can't hide that.
"He's- hey, why do you care so much about him when I tried to kill him and not care about me when he tried to kill me" Luke says calmly.
"Luke! He didn't mean it, you said it yourself something was wrong with him we he was trying to kill you" I snap gritting my teeth.
"Adele! I didn't mean it either-"
"Oh really? Obviously you did Luke! Listen, I don't wanna be mad at you, But whe you try and kill somone it's KIND OF HARD NOT TO!" I say raising my voice.
"DONT YELL AT ME!" Luke says, his hands cover his ears as he starts mumbling things to himself, he squints his eyes shut and talks so fast I can't understand. He then starts to pace back and fourth making me raise my eyebrow.
Luke's scaring me.
"Luke? Luke what are you doing?" I say scared, he then raises his voice.
"I didn't mean to I'm sorry I didn't mean to I'm sorry I didn't mean to I'm sorry I didn't mean to I'm sorry I didn't mean to I'm sorry I didn't mean to I'm sorry I didn't mean to I'm sorry I didn't mean to I'm sorry" Luke repeats still with his ears covered and eyes shut.
"Luke stop" I manage to choke out.
"I-I" he starts then almost choking on air, "I can't" he says.
"Luke-"
"I CANT BELIVE I DID THAT TO HIM" Luke yelled furiously.
"Luke it's okay-"
"NO ITS NOT!" He yells sternly.
"Okay-well I mean no, it's not okay. But we can fix this please calm down. Don't go crazy" I plead scared, Luke's hands start to shake. Inisde I start to get uneasy feelings and start to feel unsafe, Luke's actually going mad.
"Adele I can't- I don't know-" he then takes a deep breath and gulps loudly, "I didn't mean too I just lost it" he whispers.
"Luke-"
"I know I'm sorry I feel so bad I'm a jackass I'm no help at all I just tried to kill my friend what is wrong with me!" Luke quickly spits out as he starts to pace again.
"LUKE" I yell as he then almost stops breathing becuase I yelled so loud. "Sorry you're scaring me," I whisper as the room becomes dreadfully quiet.
"I'm sorry," he mumbles.
"Listen, we just need to fix this and it will be....better" I say, Luke bites his lip.
"How? I....." He then sighs and let's out a groan, "I hate myself" he mumbles.
"Don't hate yourself......just please stay calm and don't freak out," I mumble."Okay....Luke I'm gonna ask you a question" I say.
"Yeah?" Luke says nervously.
"Where's Calum?" I whisper.
Luke then gulps loudly and a look of worry crosses his face.
"Last I saw him.....he was in the kitchen" Luke says hesitant, I then grab Luke's hand which I instantly regret because there sticky with blood.
So that's why my shoulder feels damp....
It makes we wanna gag but I decide not to let go, afraid Luke would start covering his ears and mumbling stuff over and over again if I did.
"Okay," I whisper then walking toward the door.
I go to reach out for the doorknob when it hits me. We can't get out. There is no doorknob.
"Crap," is all I can manage to say.
If only that stupid person wouldn't of pushed me into the room.......wait.
Who did push me into the room?
"What? What's crap?" Luke asks  alamred.
"There's no doorknob," I mutter. Luke then purses his lips.
"Here lemme try something" he says gently pushing me away from the door. He then takes the phone and turns on the flashlight, as he does the phone vibrates leaving Luke to jump because of the suddenness of it. He then looks and reads the text out loud.
"Push" is what he reads.
He then presses his hand flat against the door making it slide open to the dark hallway. Which I am happy too see. Anythings better than this room.
"come on, let's go" I say, not even questioning how pushing the door worked when I tired countless times before to open it by slamming my body into it.
But that doesn't matter anymore.
We just need to find Calum.
Because if he dies, he's stuck in here forever.
And if he's stuck in here forever, so our we.
That's just how the games played.
----------------------------------------------
Hiiiiii!!!
Sorry might if been a confusing chapter in the beginning.....but I thought I would add them fighting and stuff. I promise this book will make way more sense after the next few chapters, Ik there's like a lot of things unsolved and weird right now but it will make sense later!!
And I'm REALLY SORRY for such a slow update I've just been REALLY busy, I will try and update quicker or at least update a bunch at once. But that took a long time so I'm really sorry. AND THAT WAS LONG GOSH I WAS JUST IN THE ZONE WHEN WRITING THAT
ANYWAYS......
THANK YOU FOR VOTING, COMMENTING, AND READING!!!! I LOVE THAT PEOPLE READ AND VOTE MY STORY IT MAKES ME FEEL LIKE: YASSSS
AND I LOVE READING COMMENTS THEY MAKE ME REALLY HAPPY AND I LOOVE TO KNOW OPIONS OF YOURS ON THE BOOK. SO YAY!!!
ILY!!! Biiii ❤️❤️❤️❤️
Oh and sorry if there our any errors I'm bad with that stuff....
Okay BYe