Chapter Twenty

I can't get up the ladder.
"Luke I can't do it" I say trying to bring my leg up onto the first step.
"Come on Adele, you have to" Luke whispers half way up.
"Luke I can't! I hurts to much!" I cry looking at my leg, the sight of it makes me cringe.
"Adele, we don't have a choice" Luke says sternly.
"But-"
"There coming!" I hear one of he boys that's already in the attic say, me and Luke grow quiet.
"Is she with Luke!? Or did she die?" I hear one of them question through the closed attic door.
"No, unfortunately, she's alive" Michael says. I can tell it's his voice just by the anger in it.
My eyes water.
"Well, no! She can't come up here!" Ashton says, I can tell now because he yells.
"Guys she didn't know better-"
"Oh shut up Calum. God, she's a monster and you saw it" Michael snaps, I bite my lip.
"Yeah well I once was too! And Luke forgave me! So why don't you guys do the same for her!" Calum exclaims.
"You forgave him?" I whisper to Luke who's still hangs from the ladder.
"Well-um-yeah..." Luke mumbles.
"That's great!" I whisper yell.
"Shh!!! I can hear them!" I hear Michael from the attic say, Luke puts his finger over his mouth to signal me to be silent.
There quiet.
We're quiet.
Quiet.
Very, very, quiet.
"No you can't you dumb fu-"
"Shh!!!" One of the boys yells cutting Calum off.
It then becomes quiet again, Luke gets a worried look in his face. I look at him confused, until I see his hand that's clamped around the next step in the ladder starts to loose its grip. His fingers start to slip off, one by one, causing the ladder to wobble and Luke to stop himself from cussing. I nod my head as I watch his grip slip.
"Why are you breathing so loud?!" Michael whisper yells. That moment Luke falls, right on top of me. When my head hits the ground a gasp escapes.
"Shit!" Me and Luke both whisper scream, we then both look at each other, eyes wide for being so loud.
"I'm sorry I'm sorry I-"
"Shhh!" I say placing my finger over Luke's mouth, his eyes that were clamped closed open slowly. "Shhhh" I say softer now, then bringing my finger away from his lips. I smile at his awkwardness, which makes him look down embarrassed.
His body still on top of mine, we don't dare to move because of the noises we hear. His elbows keep his upper body off mine from when he starred to get up. But once he heard a snap he had froze every muscle in his body.
"They're not there, can we please get out of here? This place is giving me the creeps" I hear Calum mumble.
"Calum are you deaf? Just listen-"
"They're not there! If they are you-uh-you can slit my throat, and kill me" Calum says, my eyes widen.
"Okay! Fine! You life not mine!" Michael snaps.
Me and Luke glance at each other with a worried look. We can't have Calum dead, well, at least I can't have Calum dead. This band has saved my life in the past, I'm not gonna make my decision to come here risks there's.
Luke then rolls off me and I sit up, trying to bring myself back to my feet but I can't. We hear the attic door shake. Luke then gets up and grabs my hand, I put pressure on my leg that's not injured and we both lift myself off the ground. Almost loosing my balance I fall into him, the minute I do I feel his heart racing. The attic door opens. Luke pushes me into the bathroom, and slams the door.
He pushed me with such force that I kept stumbling backwards until I hit the edge of the tub and fell in, slamming my head against the hard wall. My eyes fill with black spots as a sharp pain shoots up my back. I have to cover my hand over my mouth from screaming out of pain.
"Luke?" I hear Ashton from the other side of the door say.
"Ashton, uh....Ashton" Luke trails off.
My bloody leg makes it hard for me to escape the situation I'm in. I groan quietly as I swing both my legs into the tub, my lifeless one stings with pain as the one with not cuts and bruises aches from putting so much pruressure on it.
"You're alive" Ashton states.
"Yeah, surprised?" Luke snaps, I reach forward to the faucet of the tub, and lock my hands around it. But saying it's so dark in here compared to out there, it's hard to see. And that's when I notice that it must be dark outside, saying it's what, 9:00? My eyes must've been adjusted to the dark so well, that I didn't even notice until now. Time flys by when your life's at risk.
"Very, thought your girlfriend killed you" Michael mumbles.
"Too bad she doesn't remember what happened between you two...." Ashton sighs, I pause my escape and listen in.
"That didn't mean anything, she didn't know what she was doing" Luke says.
"Pfft, yeah okay" Michael says, "speaking of the killer, where is she?"
"Um....I don't know" Luke says.
"I hope she's okay" I hear Calum mumble, my heart melts, of course before I hear a slapping sound.
"What the fuck is wrong with you?! You hope she's okay? That bitch almost killed you!" Michael yells.
"No she didn't! She didn't know what she was do-"
"Oh cut the crap, I'm so sick of all this possession shit you guys make up as an excuse. Don't yo guys get it?! We're not getting possessed, where loosing our minds! Adele knew what she did, and Calum you know what you did, and Ashton you know what you did! Stop acting so innocent" Michael blabbers.
Then that gets me thinking.
Are we loosing are minds?
Are we causing this much pain to ourselves?
No!
No.
If anyone's gone crazy it's Michael, what happened to him? He's evil now.
"Are you an idiot! I would never try and kill Luke on purpose! WHY WOULD YOU EVEN THINK THAT?!" Calum screams.
"Huh? I don't know maybe because you've always been jealous of him?!" Michael exclaims.
"Have not-"
"Have too-"
"HAVE NOT!" Calum yells.
"Luke why is your sleeve missing?" I hear Ashton question, my heart starts to race.
"I Uh-" Luke gulps loudly, I hear a thud on the bathroom door. I freeze completely.
"What? What's wrong with you?" Ashton questions.
"I didn't like that sleeve" Luke says, I roll my eyes.
"Um....what?" Ashton questions, I can hear his devilish grin.
"I don't like it. I never liked it. It was a bad sleeve" Luke stutters.
"Luke what the fuck" Michael sighs.
"Also, my arm was hot...so-"
"You ripped off your sleeve?" Ashton asks.
"Yeah, exactly....hey you know I need to go to the bathroom-okay" Luke sutters, my eyes widen. Ugh, he's being so stupid.
"Sure, okay that's believable just go hide in the bathroom to avoid an awkward conversation-"
"Where is she?" I hear Calum ask, cutting off Michael. My confidence starts to shrink.
"Where is who?" Luke questions.
"Adele, I know you know where she is" Calum says, I bite my lip hard.
"I don't know-were-she-um..." Luke then taps the door, my knuckles start to turn white from holding onto the faucet.
"Luke, where is she?" Calum asks.
"Oh look at that thing behind you" Luke says quickly, the door then cracks open and he slides in. He slams it shut then pressing his back against the door. He then takes a deep breath. All I wanna do is scream at him.
I snap to get his attention, when he looks up he has a confused look on his face.
'What is wrong with you!' I mouth. He just squints in confusion. Then, using the faucet to help, I stand up in the bath, limping now because of my leg.
"What do I do?" Luke whispers.
"Why did you come in here?" I whisper back.
"I don't know! I don't know what to d-" Luke gets cut off by a knock.
"Who are you talking to?" Michael yells from the other side, me and Luke both stare at each other wide-eyed.
"My mom!" Luke yells still looking at me.
"He's talking to Adele," Michael says.
"Adele?" Ashton repeats.
"No, I'm just kidding. He's talking to Will Smith you dumb ass" Michael says sarcastically.
"Too soon...." Ashton trails off.
"Adele?" I hear the quietest of the boys say.
"Calum" I whisper, but Luke snaps his head my direction when I do.
"Don't" he says nodding.
"Calum?" I say louder now, I start to walk towards the door but get stopped by Luke.
"Don't Adele, don't do it" Luke says blocking the entrance, I stare up at him with glassy eyes.
"Adele?! Adele are you in there?!" Calum says.
"Calum!! Stop!!" Michael yells.
"No! You stop! I need to talk to her!" Calum yells.
"Calum what the-" Ashton starts, but gets cut off by silence. Only the faint sound of a whisper is heard. Me and Luke stay quiet trying to listen in.
"OHH!! you smart ass bastard that's great!" Ashton exclaims, one of the boys then clears there throat.
"What's going on?" Luke mumbles to himself.
"Hey! Adele? Please come out" Calum says, my stomach fill with butterflies.
"Don't go Adele" Luke says.
"Adele please, the only way to work this out is for all of us to discus what happened. We can't do that when you're hiding in a bathroom" Calum says sympathetically, I hear Ashton giggle. Luke's eyes then grow wide.
"It's a trick" he says.
"What? No! Don't listen to him!" Calum exclaims.
"Its a trick, Adele please you have to trust me" Luke cries.
"No, you don't. You should trust me, you know your safe with me, I won't let anything happen to you I promise" Calum says.
"Adele-"
"Just come out" Calum calls.
"Adele don't-"
"Come on, come out" he calls again.
"Adele you have to listen to me-"
"It's only 24 hours" Calum says.
"GOD DAMNIT LET ME SPEAK!" Luke yells, "Adele trust me please just this once trust me" he says with a shaky voice. I start to panic.
"Luke how are we gonna get out of here!? There's no other way, we just have to go out with him-"
"The cabinet" Luke whisper into my ear. I turn behind me to face the cabinet where Calum was found. The one Ashton climbed down when we were friends. The one I refused to go in.
"Luke I can't-"
"There gonna kill you if you don't" Luke says.
I stare at him for a very, long time.
"Why's it so quiet in there?" Michael questions.
"Alright fine" I say.
"Guys I think she's coming out!" Michael yells excitedly. Which weird's me out, why would he be exited?
Luke then smile so big it makes my heart warm. He pushes past me and opens the cabinet to were a secret passage way is reviled.
"Ladies first?" He says.
"I hate you" I snap playfully.
"Love, hate, is there a difference anymore?" Luke says.
"True" I say then looking down the tunnel. "How am I gonna do this?" I ask.
"Slide down it like a slide" Luke suggests.
"But it's barley angled" I complain, Luke then leans forward, placing his mouth right next to my ear.
"That's the least of your worries right now darling" his raspy voice whisper. It sends a shiver down my spine.
I shut my eyes.
Hold my breath.
And slide down.
When I open my eyes, I see I reached the bottom.
It didn't even feel like I was in the tunnel.
Wow.
Maybe, just maybe, I can survive this thing with Luke.
Just us two.
And nobody else.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LUKE AND ADELE SITTING IN A TREE K-I-S-S-I-N-G
okay sorry got carried away there.
But, don't rise your hopes up too high with that ship, cause you never know......dundundun
Anywaysssssssss, idk about you but this is getting pretty caitoc so many secrets being kept and so many problems need to be solved it's just wow.
Okay anyways thanks for reading!!!
VOTE!!!! COMMENT!!! AND HAVE A LOVLEY DAY OR AFTERNOON OR NIGHT!!!
Srry if there's any spelling or grammar errors....I suck with the stuff.