Chapter Twenty Four

"I don't get it, Luke was down in that secret passage way with me-infact there were two of him-and-he had to be down there what do you mean he wasn't there?" I say panicked.
"There was no sign of Luke, just some old diaries" Calum says, Ashton's head shoots up.
"Diaries?" He questions.
"Yeah....diaries" Calum trials off.
"MICHAEL! YOU DIDNT TELL ME THERE WERE DIARIES DOWN THERE!" Ashton yells, Michael's back is still to us, he sits facing the wall. It's kind of freaking me out a little. Then again, Ashton is the one screaming over a diary.
"The dairies...?" Michael mumbles to himself.
"Remember? The one I showed you that was written by that little girl? Her name was-"
"Serena" I chime in. "I read that too, and so did Luke."
Ashton's eyes widen.
"Michael why didn't you tell me about the diary?" Ashton asks.
"I-I don't know-"
"That could of helped us so much!" Ashton exclaims.
"With what?" Calum asks, I was wondering the same thing.
"With-Um...this-thing" Ashton trails off.
"What thing?" I question.
"Just this thing that I've been meaning to take care of since we've got here" Ashton says as if it was no big deal.
"And what would that be?" Calum asks with a hint of annoyance in his voice.
"We made a deal with the dead" Michael whispers. We all stare at his back, waiting for him to say more.
"What?" I question.
"I could of cleared up my mistake if I had that diary-"
"Ashton I took the blame for your mistake" Michael says quickly.
What. Are. They. Talking. About.
".....y-you took the blame?" Ashton says in a much softer tone.
"The punishment for your mistake was that they were gonna kill Luke, I knew that I couldn't let that happen so I told them I did it-and that I found out because I threatened your life-"
"What are you talking about?!" Calum questions.
"-and that you would've died if you didn't tell me!" Michael finishes, his breathing becomes heavy.
"Y-you did that?" Ashton whispers.
"Yes Ashton, I did. I fucking took the blame!" Michael cries.
"Is....is that why you were trying to convince me it wasn't ghosts? So I wouldn't have to know about you taking the blame....." Ashton trails off. Michael seems to be shaking.
"Exactly" he whisper.
"WHAT.ARE YOU GUYS.TALKING.ABOUT?!" Calum yells.
"Nothing, Michael will discuss this later okay?" Ashton says, Michael doesn't respond. He just keeps staring at the wall, shaking.
"You made a deal with the dead?" I question.
"No, just....stay out of this" Ashton mumbles.
"Ashton what the fuck? What did Michael take the blame for?" Calum asks.
"Some stuff okay?! Now can you just leave it alone so we can go find Luke?" Ashton responds, clearly paranoid.
"But-I-ugh, fine!" Calum yells, also aggravated."it's not like your the only ass with a secret."
"Trust me, I know. Don't you think that I've caught on that you're hiding something?" Ashton snaps back standing up. Calum seems a bit taken back by the comment, but in an instant he shakes the look of his face.
"Can we just go and find Luke!" he complains getting up.
"Yeah, let's go" I say also standing now.
"Thank you" Calum mumbles, slowly walking towards the door.
"Michael, you coming?" I hear Ashton call, I turn to see Michael still sits facing the wall. He seems to be in his own little world as he choppily breathes and makes tiny-but sudden- jerks. "MICHAEL!" Ashton calls, but he still doesn't answer. Ashton then sighs and walks over to him. He lightly taps his shoulder causing Michael to gasp in fear and as quick as he can slap Ashton's hand away from him.
"Don't touch me" Michael growls as Ashton puts his hands up in surrender.
"Sorry" he mumbles as Michael glares at him and gets up.
"Just remember Ashton," Michael starts, "this mess I'm in is all your fault."
Ashton stands there with a look of guilt and fear as Michael heads towards me and Calum.
"Michael-"
"Let's just find Luke okay?!" Michael exclaims, cutting off Calum. Michael then opens the door and walks down the hall.
Whoa.
"Um...." Calum says speechless.
"Wow" I mumble. I look to Ashton who sighs.
"Fuck" he simply mutters.
"We should just...find Luke" I say, then turing around and exiting the room. Calum and Ashton quickly follow behind me.
In front of me, I see Michael waiting by the stairs for us, causing me to speed my walking up a bit. When I reach the stairs Michael grabs my arm, tightening his grip around it hard.
"Adele, I want you and Calum to stay out of this thing me and Ashton have okay?" He whisper gently, I whimper in pain cause his grips so strong.
"Let go!" I cry, trying to squirm my arm out of his grasp.
"Just promise me please?" Michael begs.
"Okay! Okay I promise! Now let go your hurting me!" I say through gritted teeth.
"I-i am?" Michael questions.
"YES!" I yell as Michael then releases my arm.
"I-sorry I didn't realize-"
"What's going on?" Calum says approaching us with Ashton right beside him.
"Jesus you didn't have to grab my arm that tight!" I exclaim to Michael who looks confused.
"I-I didn't mean too" Michael tries to explain. Calum the takes my arm and examines it, squinting because it's so dark.
"Did Michael do that?" He asks in shock, pointing half way up my arm to a bruise that is forming.
"Yeah" I tremble.
"I-I must of been holding on harder than I thought..." Michael says. I can't tell if he actually didn't mean it, or if he meant to do it and is trying to cover up. Either way, my right arm beats with pain and I now can't bend it without hurting the bruise that's forming.
"Holy shit Michael" Calum says still examining my arm. Ashton then grabs my arm and takes a peek.
"There is no way Michael did that-it had to of already been there before" Ashton says in shock.
"I'm pretty sure I would've noticed it before if it's been there longer" I say.
"I-I swear I didn't do that on purpose I'm sorry" Michael says, seeming shocked at his actions himself.
"It's fine" I mumble, pulling my arm out of Ashton's grip and walking down the stairs.
It's so dark I can barley see the steps, causing me to walk ten times slower than I usually would. Plus, with my leg that still burns with pain, I make sure to be careful with every move I make.
"Adele, by the time we reach the end of the stair case I will have grown a beard. Can you hurry up?" Ashton complains.
"Oh I'm sorry. How about you try walking down stairs with only one leg" I say sarcastically. I then see Ashton beside me hop down on one leg.
"Easy" he snaps. When he reaches the last few steps though, his foot misses and he falls flat on his face. Calum burst out laughing and I wince thinking about how painful that must of been.
"Mother fucker!" Ashton yells getting up, he rubs his jaw in pain as he waits at the bottom of the steps.
"Told you it was hard" I say reaching the bottom. Ashton flicks my head and I stick my tongue out. Calum then steps in between us.
"Oh calm down! You don't own her!" Ashton jokes.
"Oh-I didn't realize I you two were talking-oops" Calum jokes back, Ashton nods his head and turns to walk into the living room.
"Your cute" I say to Calum.
"I know" he replies, I roll my eyes as he walks off into the living room.
"I FOUND LUKE!" Ashton yells.
"You did!?" I exclaim running to where Calum and Ashton are. I find them starting at Luke who's sleeping on the couch.
He was sleeping on the couch.
He was fucking sleeping.
"The bastard was taking a nap while Michael was running around trying to kill us" Calum mumbles as I stand next to him, Michael slowly walks in. You get the vibe that he feels unwelcome.
"LUKE!" Ashton yells shaking him. Luke jolts up half asleep whacking Ashton in the face.
"DONT KILL ME!" Luke yells sitting up. He breathes heavily as Ashton stumbles back. "HOLY SHIT THERES SO MANY! SOMEBODY HELP!! ASHTON, CALUM, MICHAEL-"
"LUKE ITS US!" I say approaching him.
"Oh god what are you gonna do to me now?! Drag me back to the mirror room?!" Luke cries as I sit down on the couch. he squishes his body as far away from mine when I do.
"Luke, it's Calum-and that's Adele" Calum chimes in, Luke's breathing hasn't calmed down yet.
"No! I'm not falling for it this time I'm not! please leave me alone!" Luke says burying his head into his knees.
"Luke! It's us calm down! Please just-"
"OKAY WELL IF ITS YOU THEN SHOW ME YOUR HANDS HUH? LISTEN I DONT KNOW WHICH ONE OF YOU IS ACTUALLY HER AND I DONT KNOW HOW YOU CLONED YOURSELF BUT IM NOT FALLING FOR IT THIS TIME!" Luke yells, I stick my hand out in front of my face as Luke stays huddled in a little ball. I don't know what his deal is...he must of saw an illusion, like I did earlier. I shudder at the thought of those terrible illusions, thank god Calum got me out of here.
"Luke, look at me" I say, feeling sympathetic for him.
"No."
"Luke please-it's me Adele you gotta believe me" I say calmly.
"No it's-" Luke starts lifting his head up. "Not..." He trails off examining me-and by me I mean my hand. It becomes quiet, I keep my hand out infront of me as Luke inches closer. His breathing staggered as his fingertips brush the palm of my hand. He then let's out a shaky sigh. "It's you" he whisper, he then swallows. "It's actually you right?" He asks.
"Yeah Luke" I whisper.
"And your actually Calum" Luke whispers looking at Calum who stands.
"Yeah" he answers.
"And I just slapped Ashton?" Luke asks.
"Yeah you just slapped me and it fucking hurt" Ashton says, Luke let's out a sad laugh.
"And that means your Michael?" Luke questions, looking past me to Michael who stands at the entry of the living room.
"Hi Luke" he whisper.
"Hey" Luke says back.
It then becomes really quiet.
The quietest it's ever been in a while.
My stomach fills with butterflies because of the silence.
"Were you seeing illusions?" Ashton whisper.
"Yes" Luke whispers back.
"It's okay" Ashton says, "I have too."
"I mean-I also- I saw her" Luke tries to explain.
"Saw who?" Calum asks. Luke thinks for a second, seeming a bit shocked about the words that just came out of his mouth.
"AnnaBeth Brock" Luke answers.
"As in....Serena-"
"As in Serena Brock's mom" Luke whispers, cutting off Calum.
"Serena Brock is the name of the girl who had that diary, right?" I question.
"Yeah" Calum whispered.
"Dairy...?" Luke questions, I look at him strangely.
"Yeah, remember? We were reading it after we went down the tunnel together?" I say.
"Yeah I remember the diary, but I didn't read it..." Luke says.
"Yes you did" I say.
"No...no I didn't" Luke says scared.
What?
"Then how do you know about Serena if you didn't read the diary?" Calum questions.
"I saw her" Luke answers.
All of our attention is on Luke now.
"Luke, what are you trying to say?" Calum asks nervously.
"Well, I saw a vision of her" Luke says, "She was a very sweet girl. But, Mercy didn't like her."
"...why?" I whisper.
"Because Serena thought her mother was crazy for believing that Mercy was real..." Luke trails off. "But Mercy didn't like a lot of things" he whispers.
I become stiff, paralyzed with fear.
"Mercy didn't like that they were staying in her house. The only reason Mercy didn't kill AnnaBeth right away, was because AnnaBeth worshiped Mercy, and would let Mercy do whatever she wanted to do with AnnaBeth...So, Mercy made a compromise with AnnaBeth-"
"Luke stop."
"And the compromise was, AnnaBeth had to play a game-"
"Luke-"
"Called 24 hours-"
"Luke!-"
"And if AnnaBeth survived-"
"LUKE!-"
"AnnaBeth could live. And because of 24 hours, AnnaBeth lost her shitty mind and killed Serena" Luke finishes.
Now I breath choppily like Luke did.
Now I shake like Michael did.
Now I'm even more scared than I was before.
"HOW THE FUCK DID YOU KNOW THAT!" Michael yells.
"AnnaBeth-who is Serena's mum- told me" Luke says.
"LUKE ANNABETH IS A GHOST HOW THE FUCK DID SHE SPEAK TO YOU!"
"she showed me in a vision" Luke replies.
"Luke....when did you get this so called vision?" I ask, my voice shaky.
"Right when I picked up the diary."
"Is that why you wouldn't let go?" I question, more to myself though.
"I don't know...." He answers.
"But...I got the text, the text said drop the diary or your friend gets it-and I did get hurt by the ghost-so why-why-"
"That must of been Mercy" Luke whispers. "Mercy wasn't there when AnnaBeth showed me."
My breathing quickens.
When there were two of him....were they both fakes? Just illusions? Was I actually by myself?
"How long have you know about AnnaBeth?" I ask.
"Since I tried to kill Calum" Luke answers.
"See Ashton? We aren't the only one with ghost shit to deal with" Michael says.
"What?! You guys are hiding something too?!" I yell.
"Ash just tell them" Michael groans.
"I can't! Or else they'll all get dragged into this mess like how you got dragged into it!"
"Dragged into what?!" Calum asks.
"NOTHING!" Ashton yells.
"Luke why didn't you say anything before!" I exclaim.
"I couldn't! My throat would dry up and I couldn't speak whenever I tried to tell you!" He yells.
"ASHTON WHAT DID YOU GET DRAGGED INTO?!" Calum yells.
"I CANT TELL YOU OR ELSE SHE WOULD KILL ME!"
"WHO IS SHE!?"
"I CANT TELL YOU!"
"LUKE HOW ARE YOU ABLE TO TELL US NOW IF YOU COULDN'T BEFORE?!"
"I DONT KNOW!!"
"GOD IM SO CONFUSED!"
"WHAT HAPPENED TO THERE BEING NO SUCH THING AS GHOST?!"
"ASHTON JUST TELL US!!"
"HE CANT CALUM GET OVER IT!!"
"WHY SHOULD I TELL YOU?! I HAD NO CLUE WHO SERENA WAS UNTIL JUST NOW!! AND YOU COULDN'T BOTHER TO TELL ME BEFORE?!"
"BECUASE YOU SAID YOU DIDNT BELIVE IN GHOST OR BELIVE IN MERCY!"
"I WAS SAYING THAT BECUASE MICHAEL'S EXUSE MADE MORE SENSE!!"
"EXUSE?"
"HE WAS CONVINCING ME I WAS IMAGINING IT ALL!!"
"YEAH BUT I WAS ONLY SAYING THAT BECUASE I WAS TRYING TO COVER UP FOR TAKING THE BLAME!!"
"THE BLAME FOR WHAT?!"
"ASHTON MISTAKE!!"
"WHAT WAS ASHTON-"
All of a sudden the lamp on the side table flies across the room and slams into the wall. Then a small object goes flinging at Calums face and hits him hard.
"BLOODY HELL!" He screams as it hits the ground. I run over and grab what looks like the phone.
The text reads: ENOUGH
another one pops up: looks like you're finally figuring us out aren't you? You think that's gonna give you any power? You think that because you believe in ghost we will cut you some slack? Oh no, you are extremely wrong. Infact, you just earned yourself a ticket to hell because he told you about us. And Ashton? Oh, that little "deal" you made with us? It's off, you are now the number one threat my darling :)
Aside from Luke. Telling that big secret. What a fool....
And Adele? We've always had our eyes on you....don't forget that we want revenge. You hate this house, you made sneaky comments about it and insulting nicknames for years. Don't ever think that we forgot that.
Calum, Michael? Watch out....your not safe either. Sometimes it's fun to mess with those who least expect it :)
We thought we wouldn't have to bend the rules, we thought we would be able to stop you....but boy weren't we wrong. You five our clever aren't you? Well guess what? The fun and games our over now darlings, you'd be lucky to last one more hour against us.
No more messing around. No more crying over stab wounds, no more secrets, no more last chances. You wanna play the real 24 hours? The one I used to play? Then please. Let's.
Sincerely,
Two special friends
Then, all of the lights turn on.

____________________________________________________________
That was probally really confusing but the stories on how Luke found out about the ghosts will make more sense later. And the secret(s) Ash and Mikey have...we will soon find out :)
SORRY THIS TOOK SOOO LONGGG
AND THIS CHAPTERS KIND OF LONG LIKE IDK
I rewrote this chapter like 3billlion times bc I was just like HOW DO I DO THIS so yea sorry if the story on the ghost were confusing :/
KIND OF RANDOM SINCE THIS CHAPTER WASNT LIKE LOVE FILLED OR ANYTHING BUT I WANNA KNOW WHO EVERYONE IS SHIPPING...Like r u shipping the same ppl u did before? Or different? Idk I'm just curious.
OKAY YOU GUYS R THE BEST THANK YOU FOR READING I LOVE YOU ALL!! REALLY LIKE I'D GIVE U A HUG IF I COULD
VOTE COMMENT READ YEAH!!!!!
Srry for lee spelling errors :/
BYE :)