Chapter Seven

"Damn!" I scream. The doors locked, of course.
"Great, just great" Luke huffs sarcastically.
"Let us out!" I scream. Luke stands there thinking as I violently try to open the door. His eyes suddenly light up.
"Please let us out" Luke says, the door then flys opens. I stand there in disbelief as Luke smirks.
"Very funny" I mumble.
"Manners is the key. Like it's literally the key-"
"Luke" I say stopping the bad pun.
"Sorry" he says, I smile.
We then run out the door and down the hall, it seems never ending even though I'm running as fast as I can. I can hear screams from the other boys echoing in the other room, which makes me wanna cry, I don't want them to be in pain. I bite my lip while I hold in tears.
That's when I start to see the door, I despise that door. That room is cursed. As we approach it I grab for the doorknob only to then have a sensational burning cover my arm. I scream and take my hand off. It's burning hot.
"What!? Are you okay?" Luke asks. I nod no.
"It's flaming hot!" I exclaim, Luke feels my hand, he then feels the door knob, jolting his hand back right away.
"The fuck..." He says. He then feels the wood part of the door, which I guess isn't that hot since he didn't jolt back. Luke steps back until he hits the wall- which is probably only four feet away- and runs towards the door,slamming his body into it. He then tries again. And again. And again.
"Luke I don't think that's gonna work" I say.
"Help me! Please, those our my best friends in there and there screaming like they've just seen-I don't know-something! Please I need them to stay alive" Luke says. I then run towards the door right away ramming my body into it. Luke dose too.
Why was I just standing their before? Idiot.
We continue to try and break down the door, my shoulder gets sore after a while, and on top of that my arm still burns. I don't think I can do this much longer. I can see Luke struggling too. After awhile he steps back.
Then out of the blue, Luke's eyes widen again as this happens . He runs up to the door one last time, only to then kick it down. I don't even know how its possible speaking his legs our ten times longer than the hall. But damn, he broke down the door.
"You did it! Holy shit! How did you do that?" I say.
I'm really amazed saying he's in skinny jean and I can't even touch my toes in leggings. He shrugs and smiles.
"I'm amazing" he says. I giggle, like a little school girl.
Like Ashton.
WAIT.
I gotta get back on task.
The door is broken down.
"Let's go" I say entering the room. When we go in it's completely dark, which doesn't make any sense speaking there was a massive fire in here only a few minutes ago. We don't hear anything. No sign of human life.
"Guys?" Luke calls. We stand there as nothing happens. We only hear our own breathing. I gulp loudly as I grab for Luke's hand, I don't know why exactly but it just felt right. Kind of just trusted my instinct, which could really help me or make my life suck. As you can see it varies widely.
Our heads snap to the right as we hear a noise. We don't know exactly what is is, but it's a noise. We both stand there, legs too stiff to move.
My heart then leaps out of my chest as I hear a scream. At first I think it's Luke. But then I look over and see he's as scared as me and his mouth is shut. My hands shake.
"Michael?!?" Luke yells.
"Was that..."
"Yes" something from behind me says. I jump back and scream in -what I can make out-Michaels face. He jumps back too, but winces when he dose.
"Michael oh my god" Luke says, he then goes over and hugs him, right as he puts his arm around him, Michael yelps in pain making Luke jump back.
"My arm!" He yells. I then see what looks like his tattoo, but then I realize that it's dripping. He breathes heavily. "You guys....I think it's my turn" he chokes out scared.
"Wha- Michael..." Luke starts not knowing what to say. What would you say to that? Knowing someone's just about to have their life at risk?
"Michael what happened when I..."
"When you left? And slammed the door in our faces? Oh-"
"I didn't slam the door in your face! I wouldn't never do that, it closed by itself" I say stopping him. Michael doesn't say anything. I sigh loudly. "Sorry" I whisper.
"No, I'm sorry. It just, I don't know where Ashton is now, and Calum is somewhere probably choking on his puke-"
"Wait? Choking? What? Why?" Luke asks. Michael then takes a big breath and closes his eyes.
"At the turn of the hour, I got a text saying something like, 'to bad you don't have any water for the fire'. And then it said something like, 'oh natural resources our still available.' And then Calum threw up on the fire, and it actually made some of it go away. The rest just vanished. But then Calum wouldn't stop-and it was like the bloody exorcist-he was throwing up everywhere. But then, the phone hit him in the head and all you could hear was the scary gurgling, and then Ashton just disappeared-and my arm starting hurting like crazy-it felt like a knife was being dug into me-and I see that my arms bleeding-but then I lost my balance and fell-and then the door flew down scaring the shit out of me-And now I'm here with you guys and I'm so over this!" Michael rants. By the end he started crying, he puts his head on Luke's shoulder and Luke bites his lip hard. Michael takes deep breaths trying to calm himself down. I stand there awkwardly, feeling terrible for him. And Calum. And Ashton, wherever he is.
I then hear something that is like music to my ears; coughing. Tons of coughing.
I turn away from the boys and look around the room based on sound. The coughing gets closer and closer until I hear a moan. And I trip and fall.
"Agh!" I grunt. I then feel something brush against my leg, I wanna scream but I don't.
"Adele?" Luke says. I hear the coughing again, super close and super loud.
"Calum?" I weakly whisper. It gets louder, and louder. As if whoever was coughing had something stuck in there throat. It last a good minute of just- coughing. Until I it all of a sudden dials down and you just hear extremely heavy breathing.
"Oh my god" I hear Calum cry.
"Calum? where are you?" I whisper, then getting on my knees and walking foreword. About five feet of scooting on my knees, I bump into something which jolts away.
"No! No stop! Leave me alone!" Calum screams.
"Cal! Calum it's just me! It's just Adele!" I say, I put my hands out until I feel another hand grab my wrist.
"Adele?" Calum says, I can tell he's crying. I would be too if I was just was throwing up for ten minutes.
"Yes, it's Adele, it's okay" I whisper.
"Thank god" Calum sighs.
"Are you okay?" I ask.
"Are you?"
"I hope."
"Me too" he says. The crying has toned down a little.
"Calum?" Luke calls.
"Luke?" He responds.
I then get up and he follows, when he first gets up though he stumbles back a little. Out of instinct I pull his hand so he becomes closer to me. Instead of his hand escaping my grip though, it quickly wraps around my waist. He becomes steady, and is now just breathes heavily.
I get the butterflies in my stomach. Luke then walks over and puts his hand on Calum's shoulder.
"Cal?" He says, I guess his eyes haven't adjusted to the darkness yet.
"Luke" he sighs as he then slides one hand off my waist and wraps it around Luke. But he keeps the other hand on, which of course is fine by me. It's like a fangirls dream come true.
"I'm sorry for trying to ditch you I didn't know what to do" Calum says quickly.
"It's okay, I'm alive. So it's all good" Luke says.
"Michael? Ashton?" Calum calls.
"I'm over here" Michael answers, approaching Calum.
"Ash?" He asks.
"Um....we don't know where he is" Michael whispers.
"Wh-what?" Calum says confused.
"He like disappeared Cal, after you puked like crazy and the phone hit you" Michael says seriously. Calum looks down.
"Ash!" I scream. There's no reply. 
All of a sudden Calum's grip tightens around my waist as we all hear it. The phone buzz. The ground lights up by Calum's feet making Luke's eyes widen. He then glances at Calum confused, seeing his hand on my waist. Calum  takes his hand off quickly and puts it behind his back looking almost embarrassed. I step back into Michael accidentally and he winces.
"Oh my god I'm sorry" I say quickly.
"It's fine, it just really hurts" he admits.
"I'm sorry" I whisper.
"It's fine, I'm not dead so that's good. Plus, you guys our here now so it's not that bad" he says, my heart melts. If I was in that position I would act like a total bitch. Here he is being all thankful and stuff.
"Michael this is not a fucking time to flirt look at this" Luke mumbles handing the phone to me.
I read it out loud.
"Alright, let's play a game. Just to inform you, Ashton kind of depends on you right now, so pay attention. Wouldn't want the beloved drummer dying would we? Okay, this game is like a scavenger hunt. We give you clues to find the treasure -and just in case any of your small brains couldn't translate what the treasure is, it's Ashton. We've hidden him somewhere in this house. This hour you will go exploring for him. And if you can't find him with the help of our clues by the end on this hour, he will be ours to keep. Which leaves you even less of a chance of winning, because we can do whatever we want with him. Even kill him. So, if you don't save him by the hour, he's gone. Could even turn into one of us. So, are you ready for your first clue? Okay, upstairs isn't where you'll find him. No, we aren't going to do any stupid rhymes, will just give you a few big clues. But you better hurry, you only 56 minutes until Ashton will be ours....Good Luck."
I stand there with the phone in my hand as the door opens. Our heads all snap to the door in unison. No one know wants to leave, but we have to save Ashton. To be honest, I would kill myself if he, well....died. Especially since it would be my fault... I did tangle him into this crap.
"They've got Ash" Michael whispers.
"Shit. This is stressful" Calum says, "If Ashton dies-"
"He won't, were gonna find him. Come on, there no use being up here if he's somewhere downstairs" I say, then walking out the door, the boys following.
It felt good not to be in that room, I felt like I could finally breathe.
We then all head downstairs. Back to where we first started.
Goodie.
"Okay, so what do we do now?" Michael asks as we stand in a circle by the door.
"Um...I don't know" I confess.
Michaels eyes abruptly fill with fear though when we hear that darn buzz again.
"I'm really beginning to hate my phone" Calum says pulling it out of his pocket, as if it was no big deal it appeared there. He then looks down and sighs.
"Okay, great you walked down the stairs, now search in an area you haven't been yet" he reads.
"What? But down here we've only been in like one-tenth of the house!" Luke exclaims.
"Great mathematical skills Luke" Michael mumbles sarcastically.
"We can check this side of the house, we haven't been there before" I suggest, pointing behind Michael to an open room. Looks like a living room or something.
"Um, yeah" Michael says sounding a little scared.
"Let's go" I say leading the way.
"Wait! Holy...Michael your arm" Luke says.
"Yeah I know I....." Michael starts as he then looks down at his arm. That's when I notice it too, the cuts form his band symbol, five bloody lines.
"Ewww, that's puke worthy" Luke says. Michael shakes with fear. Calum slaps Luke hard.
"That's not funny. I was just puking my guts out noob" Calum snaps.
"Well, now I understand why it hurt so much" Michael whispers.
"Jesus Michael" I gasp, looking at the  logo that drips with blood.
"Okay...guys I'm fine, let's just go" Michael says.
"On the bright side it will leave a cool scar" Calum mumbles.
"Right" Michael responds.
We walk into the room, which has a couch, a tv, a coffee table, and some cheesy rugs and lamps. Seems kind of old lady-ish if I do say so myself. When you look to the right there's an opening to another room, looks like a dinning room. We of course walk in.
In here there's a gigantic dinning room table, with everything set up for eating on it. Well, expect for food. The table looks as if it could seat fifteen people comfortably. I was amazed on how beautiful it was, kind of thought I was in a museum for a second. But then I snapped back into reality as Michael goes to sit down. Which of course can lead to no good.
"Michael, be careful" Luke warns.
"I feel so fancy" Michael squeals sitting. He goes and grabs a wine glass, twirling it around.
"Michael, come on, this isn't a time to play with adult things. We need to keep moving and find Ashton" Luke whines, he goes over to Michael and tries to pull out the chair. But it won't work. "Uh...um Mikey, I think your kind of stuck" Luke says nervously. Then Michael completely freezes. Not moving at all. I slowly reach for Calum's arm, he grabs my other hand. Luke stays by the chair trying to pull it out. Then Michaels head snaps in a weird way.
"M-m-Michael?" Luke squeaks out, backing away scared.
Michael faces the other way, which is away from us. We stare at the back of his red messy hair. His snapBack gone. Strangely, I start to hear him whispering something. Luke starts to breathe heavily as he grabs my shoulder.
"Michael?" I ask.
Then, the loudest ear piercing scream I have ever heard comes out of his mouth, the sound waves make me loose my balance so I fall, dragging the two others down with me. Michael snaps his head back towards us, his eyes our completely white, no pupil, making me scream and stare as they roll back. He suddenly flys out of the chair hitting the wall. His scream then dies down as he seems to choke on air. The screaming in now in his regular voice. Not that high pitched deathly scream we just heard. He takes big fast breaths and hold his stomach. None of us dare to go towards him.
He looks normal again, not as stiff and well... I mean his eyes our back in place. And his voice, that whispering didn't sound like him.
I can't believe I'm saying this, but at this moment in time, Michael Clifford frightens me.
"Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god-"
"WHAT JUST HAPPEND!" Calum yells.
"I DONT KNOW BUT I FEEL LIKE IM GONNA THOW UP AND SOMETHING WAS JUST SHOVED DOWN MY THROAT AND TOOKEN OUT A FEW SECONDS AGO HOLY SHIT" Michael screams back. He then holds his head in his hands.
"That wasn't human" Calum states nervously.
"I-I kept hearing this whispering that I couldn't make out and then it all went black and I couldn't breathe and screaming seemed like the only escape so then I screamed and and..." Michael says quickly.
"Your eye-eyes where like.." Luke starts stuttering.
"Not in you head!" Calum finishes.
"What?" Michael says.
"Your god damn eyes like....mentally scarred me" Calum mumbles.
"I-I don't understand" Michael stutteres. Then the phone which appears in my hand buzzes, it's kind of getting old.
It reads: Don't touch our stuff, and get out of that room. Ashton's not in it anyways.
"Great" I say showing the text to Luke and Calum. Michael crawls over, which makes me nervous inside. I think I'm mentally scarred now too. But he seems to be back to normal.
Michael then crawls out of the room and gets up on his feet again, we follow as he plops down on the couch.
"Nice, right after you were just like....possessed and told by some thing not to touch anything. You sit on their couch like you own the place" Calum says.
"I'm sorry my head hurts I have a headache" Michael mumbles. We all keep a fair distance from him.
"Guys we need a plan if were gonna get Ashton back, because I don't want any of this crazy crap happening again" I say referring to Michael.
"Same I felt like I was dying" Michael moans.
"You looked like you were dying" Calum mumbles.
"So what's the plan?" Luke asks.
"You know, I saw a door next to the stairs, looked like a basement or something" Calum says.
"No" Luke spits out.
"Yes, where else would you hide a Ashton Irwin?" Michael comments.
"They could of gotten creative" Luke protests.
"Come on, it's worth a shot"
"No!" Luke yells. I put my hand on his shoulder.
"Luke, do it for Ashton. We need to save him" I whisper.
Luke stands there for a second thinking, he looks scared. He glances at Michael and then back at me. He then sighs.
"Fine. let's do it for Ashton" He grumbles, "but don't tell me I didn't warn you when we all die."
"Well that was encouraging" Calum says sarcastically.
"Adele, promise not to leave my side?" Luke pleads, my heart flutters.
"Promise" I say.
"Then....let's go find Ash."