Chapter Twenty five

We all stay frozen, only blinking our eyes rapidly to adjust to the sudden burst of light. I look up to see that the lightbulbs our brand new, no scratches, cracks, or tape to keep them together.
We are all absolutely speechless, and frozen with fear.
Luke's eyes wonder around the room, seeming disappointed in himself for saying the things he did. A look of shame is plastered on his face, and his trembling lips resemble fear.
Michael, who's at the very entrance of the room, looks horrified as he tries so hard to quiet his breathing. He stares at the lights on the ceiling, absorbing how unfriendly the brightness is. His head shakes in disapproval, probably thinking about the text.
Then there's Ashton, who looks mad. Probably because of the "deal" he made with.....the ghosts. He digs his nails into this arm, then releasing to restart the process. He bites his lip hard and seems to be stuck in his own little world of shock. I wish I new what he did, what his secret is. It kills me not to know.
And then theirs Calum. He looks the calmest out of us all, but still sensitive to any sound, movement, or flicker of light made. At a simple exhale of someone he twitches his head, and if someone moves any muscle in there body he looks at them with fear.
All of a sudden we hear a creaking noise.
We all snap our head towards the stairs. Michaels breathing is loud and choppy, Calum begins to shake, and Ashton's eyes water. Luke's hand reaches out for mine as I then lock my hand with his.
"I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry-" Ashton mumbles right as the lamp that was just thrown across the room begins to resemble by itself.
"Oh god" Ashton whispers in between a sob as the lamp pieces itself back together and faces upward. "I'm so. Fucking. Sorry" Ashton says, he cries harder than I've ever seen him before. I don't know if I have ever seen him cry actually.
That's when the lamp stops moving.
We all stare at it, petrified with fear. Luke's hands our sticky with sweat, as mine won't stop shaking. I turn to look at him and I see that he is squeezing his eyes shut.
"I'm sorry guys" Ashton says one last time.
"HOLY SHIT" Calum screams as he then flies back into the dinning room.
"CALUM!" Me and Luke yell. We can hear him screaming in pain.
"CALUM!" I scream again getting up, but right when I do the lamp goes flying at my head. Since I'm in such a state of shock, I don't duck in time, leaving me to get whacked in the face by the lamp. My head beats as I quickly lift it up and I wince in utter pain. I feel my arm being grabbed as I turn to see that Luke helps me up. Right as he does we hear another scream from Calum.
"Oh my god!" I yell covering my hand over my mouth. I wanna help him, I wanna help Calum. I don't want him to die.
"Are you okay?" Luke asks me in alert.
"Yeah I'm fine, we just need to go and help-" but I get cut off by Ashton flying back too. "ASHTON!" I scream.
He hits the couch when flying back leaving me and Luke to run towards him. He starts to tumble over the edge as Luke reaches over and grabs his hand, trying to stop this force from sucking him away.
"Holy shit!!! SHIT DONT LET GO PLEASE DONT!" Ashton cries as I grip his other hand. I hear another scream from Calum.
"CALUM!" I cry looking up, Luke grits his teeth trying to hold on. I see that Ashton's hands start to slowly slip out of Luke's. Luke takes his other hand on Ashton's, but it doesn't stop Ashton from slipping away.
"ASHTON YOUR SLIPPING!" Luke yells, Ashton lets out a sob.
"Shit shit shit shit" Ashton mumbles through tears. All of a sudden Ashton's thumb becomes Loose from Luke's grip, Luke holds onto all of his fingers, for some reason Ashton yelps in pain.
"My finger!" he cries, that's when I remember that he's missing his finger nail from one of his fingers.
From what I did.
My. Fault.
I see Ashton trying to squirm his hand out of Luke's.
"No! ASHTON STOP!" Luke yells wrestling to keep his hand on his.
"LUKE IT HURTS!" Ashton yells, he then escapes Luke's grip.
At that split second he flies back more, pulling me with him.
"NO!" I scream. Luke then grabs my waist as Ashton stays almost flying in mid air. Luke pulls me down back on the ground, as I still keep my hands locked with Ashton's. I hold his hand as hard as I can, and Luke holds my waist tightly so I don't fly away because of this force. I try and pull him back, but I can't. It's too hard.
All of a sudden Ashton gets jerked hard, almost making me loose his grasp. The air gets knocked out of me as I fly foreword, out of Luke's grip.
"LUKE!!" I scream as the force starts to pull me and Ashton in. I then feel him grab my ankle. My feet off the ground, as if I'm flying in mid air, I turn too see though that it's not Luke who's grabbing my ankle. It's Michael.
Luke must've flown back, because I see that the other small couch in the room is flipped over and Luke tipsily gets up. His eyes then widen when he sees me basically flying in mid air now. He races over and grabs my other ankle, I then turn my head back and face Ashton.
Ashton looks at me with sorrow filled eyes. He then sadly smiles, I look at him confused. But then it hits me.
"ASHTON DONT!" I yell, a tear races down his face.
He then let's go.
"ASHTON!" I scream.
I fly back on top of Michael and Luke, but quickly get off them not wanting to hurt them.
I then get up as fast as I can.
"He let go" I say in shock, my hands shake. "He-he let go" I repeat. I walk over to the entrance of the dining room.
Except, there is no entrance to the dining room.
It's gone.
It's just a wall now.
It's vanished.
The entrance Ashton just flew through, is gone.
"Wh-what?" I say staring at the wall. I then brush my hand- that's red from holding onto Ashton so hard-on the wall. "What!" I shriek. "ASHTON!" I scream hitting the wall. "CALUM!" I say banging on it again. "YOU GUYS!" I scream. "WHAT THE HELL!"
I then feel a hand on my shoulder, I turn to see its Luke. "It's-its a wall-a-there's a fucking wall here. This wasn't here before-this-this wasn't here-THERES A FUCKING WALL HERE AND-"
"Adele" Luke whispers.
"Luke why is there a wall here?" I cry, he then wraps his hands around me. I cry into his shirt, not know why I'm breaking down so hard. I don't know why I am hurting so much about this.
Why am I freaking out so hard? Michael and Luke aren't crying, and those two boys are there best friends. They just got sucked in by some force and I am the one breaking down. The one who's only know them from twelve fucking hours.
I then try and stop crying, but it's hard. Luke tightens his grip around me as I hear him sniffle.
"I'm sorry" I mumble exiting the hug.
"It's okay" he responds back. I then dry my eyes, trying to calm my shit as hard as I can.
I look up and see Michael standing in the middle of the living room, farther away from me and Luke.
"Michael?" I say.
"What" he mumbles looking down.
"Thanks" I say referring to when he grabbed my ankle.
"Yeah" he whispers.
We then stay quiet.
Ashton let go.
He let go.
He actually let go.
I then snap my head up as I hear something.
Running water.
"What's that sound?" Luke mumbles.
"It sounds like a sinks running" I say.
"The kitchen" Michael whispers. Me and Luke both look at him with wide eyes.
We all then race out of this room, and down the small hall to the kitchen. When we enter, the bottoms of my shoes become wet with water.
All I can think about is the boat.
The closet and the boat.
The sink is overflowing and water covers the ground at about an inch tall.
"Adele? What's one of your biggest fears?" Luke asks over the sinks rushing water.
".......floods" I mumble.
"What?" Luke yells.
All of a sudden, every single cabinet burst open and water shoots out of them.
The fridge flys open and water pours out. I stand there in utter shock as water races toawrds me.
I then shut my eyes and hold my breath as tons of water hits my body. I fly back, hitting the wall as water completely covers me. I can't swim, I can't think, I can't see. I'm completely trapped as I feel the water lock me against the wall.
Bubbles fly out of my nose, which I can't have happening. That's how I die.
That's how my breath escapes.
I wanna cry, I wanna scream, I wanna be free but I can't. I can't do anything. I'm stuck like I was before. Reliving a nightmare.
My lungs start to give out, they burn and my chest aches. I have barley any air left.
So this is how I die. Like how I almost did before. This is how I die.
Water.
I then scream, letting all the air out. I give up. I have given up like how Ashton has. The corners of my eyes start to darken.
My lungs
fill
with
water.
It's utter silence, a very peaceful way to die. I can't hear anything.
But then something strange happens.
my nose fills with fresh air.
My hair sticks to the front of my face as I try and gasp for air. I flip it back, inhaling fresh, beautiful, air.
The water has died down.
It's not pulling me under anymore.
I'm alive.
But I don't feel so good.
I bend over and cough, as I see water pour out of my mouth. It's hard to breath cause I inhaled so much water when I was token under. My eyes are fuzzy from water being pushed into them, and my body is now covered in goosebumps. I keep coughing and spitting in the water, once I finally clear my lungs of water, I take a deep breath.
I then hear someone coughing in the distance, I turn to see Michael right next to me, in the same situation that I was in. He coughs and coughs as his wet shirt sticks to his back.
I would call out to him, but I can barely breath. I need to catch my breath before I do anything.
I then look down at the water that's about knee high. There's something strange about this water, it looks darker. I take a closer look, my eyes then widen.
Its blood.
There's tons of blood in this water.
That's when I hear Luke moan behind me.
I gasp as I see him holding his head is his hands that our covered in blood. He breaths choppily and grabs strands of his hair as tight as he can.
"Luke!" I exclaim, trudging over to him. As I do he yells in pain, startling me and making me jolt back.
"Oh-oh God-oh God they want-they want me dead-I'm gonna die-oh my god-I AM GOING TO DIE!" Luke cries.
"Luke, it's okay" I say as I sit in front of him.
"They want me dead! They want me to die!" Luke says, now crying.
"Luke-" I start, I reach my hand out, but he slaps it away. He then looks up at me.
"Sorry-instinct" he says then wanting to look down, instead he quickly second glances. "What the heck?" He questions.
At first I'm confused.
But then it hits me.
That's when I feel it.
I reach to the sides of my eyes and feel slashes that go all the way to my ears on both sides. I slide my hand onto my ears and feel blood. The blood trails down the sides of my face. My ears are, or were, bleeding.
"Ow," I whisper. I then squint my eyes tightly in pain. "Oh god" I say wanting to hold my ears. But I can't. I then take a few deep breaths and Luke puts his head down. I look and see his neck when he does. On the back of it is a long, gashing cut, that I think goes down his back.
All of a sudden Michael screams. I turn and see he looks at his hands in fear.
"What's wrong?" I ask alarmed. He then brings his hands up. I see on both palms, five bloody slash marks. Like the one that was on his arm earlier, or the ones Luke saw in a illusion. Also, there logo...
"Adele, it hurts" Luke whispers. I turn his direction. I keep fiddling with my ears, which feel like there clogged up.
"How the fuck did that j-just happen?" Michael mumbles, but more to himself. Thats when something flings out of the water in front of him, making all three of us yell in shock. It lands in Michaels hands, which makes him scream in pain and drop whatever it was back in the water. I then crawl over to him and grab the object- which is the phone- and pull it away from Michael.
I open up a new text.
Isn't this fun?
Because I sure am having fun.
I don't know about you,
But I can't wait for these next few hours.
And don't worry,
Your friends Ashton and Calum our still alive......
But not for long :)
Sincerely,
Two special friends.
That's when the lights in the room flicker on and off. I don't know where to look, I don't know what I'm supposed to see. I just know that what I hear gives me goosebumps. I hear a little girl crying, the louder it gets the more the lights flickers. It's like in "Monsters Inc," when the little girl would cry and it would mess with the power. Except there is no little girl in sight. And this isn't monsters inc.
all of a sudden the crying becomes so loud the lightbulbs in the ceiling shatter. I cover my bloody ears, wanting the noise to stop. I feel someone grab my arm and hoist me up.
It's Luke, he then yells for Michael and we all trudge through the bloody water that has glass sprinkled throughout it. When we reach the hallway it becomes easier to walk because there's less water. We then reach the staircase, the noise gets louder and the lights blink rapidly.
I scream.
Luke screams.
Michael screams.
I'm so overwhelmed, I can't move. I don't have a clue what to do.
I want it to stop. I want it to stop!!!!
"STOP!! STOP STOP STOP!" I scream.
"WE NEED TO GO UPSTAIRS!!!" Luke yells, he then grabs my arm and leads me up the stairs.
The noises become quieter as we enter the darkness. The cool air upstairs makes thousands of tiny goosebumps cover my arms, on top of the goosebumps that were already there. I look to see that Luke leads me into the room with the queen sized bed in it. Michael quickly follows behind, and slams the door when we all enter.
Right as we enter Luke falls to his knees moaning.
"Oh god oh god oh god" he mumbles to himself, he groans in pain again.
"Does-um-does the cut go down your back!?" I asks trying to clean my ears.
"Why are you yelling?" Michael questions me in pain.
"Blood and water clogged my ears I think!" I say trying not to yell, I then shake my head trying to get it all out.
"Yeah, it runs down my back and it hurts! It hurts I want it TO STOP HURTING!" Luke cries.
"Okay! Calm down! Um....okay Luke take off you shirt" I order. He does as he's told, using his shaky hands to un-button his ripped up flannel. When he takes it off I see a thick line that runs down his bruised back.
"Holy shit" I mumble. Luke then groans, pulling at his neck.
"ITS BURNING" he yells, he then let's out a cry of pain.
"Okay, Luke.....oh god this looks bad," I say.
"IT FEELS LIKE HELL!" He yells scaring me. I then move in front of him and put my hand on his cheek.
"Luke, babe-I mean, um...."
Where the fuck did that come from. Why did I just call him babe?
"You can-call me-babe" Luke says in between winces.
My heart melts.
"Awe, Luke," I say laughing, even though I wanted to cry. "Okay, listen I'm gonna try and help you but you gotta stay calm okay?" I say soothingly. Luke takes deep breaths.
"Okay" He responds, chattering his teeth.
"Alright, okay um.....go lay down on the
bed. On your stomach so your back is....you know, facing up" I stutter.
Luke nods but he doesn't move. We awkwardly sit there. He just keeps staring at me.
"That's all I had to say, you can do that now-"
"Oh-yeah sorry" Luke says as if he was snapping out of a trance. He then goes on the bed and lays exactly like I told him too. I sit at the edge of the bed.
"I swear if you two start having sex-"
"MICHAEL!" Me and Luke yell cutting him off.
"Oh calm down!" He snaps. Luke then winces.
"Adele it still hurts" Luke says quickly.
"Um....." I trail off trying to think.
"I can go get water to clean it up" Michael says walking over and wincing at the sight of his back.
"You would do that?" I question.
"Not like there's any use of surviving anymore" Michael sighs.
I'm a bit tooken back by his commet.
"Why do you say that?" I question.
"....Well between two ghost wanting to kill me and everyone in this house hating me I don't see the point in trying to live-"
"Michael don't say that. Listen, I know we've been fighting a lot but that doesn't mean I hate you. Don't ever think that we all hate you, because we don't. And don't ever think it's a good idea to kill yourself 'cause of something like that" I say standing up.
"Adele, we are living in hell. What's the point of trying to stay alive?" Michael asks.
"Michael, I need you. We all need you" I whisper. Luke then yelps in pain.
"I'm getting water for him, if I'm not back in five minutes then I'm probably dead" Michael says, he then turns around and walks out the door.
I'm left speechless.
Until I hear Luke moan.
I turn around to see that his head is down and he clutches on the sheets of the bed. His wet body is shaking, and his bare back glistens with blood.
"Adele" he moans.
"Yeah?" I whisper.
"I'm so tired" he says. He then winces again.
"Go to sleep then" I whisper.
"Adele" he says again, wincing.
"Yeah?"
"Can I hold your hand?" He asks. I then go and sit on the floor by the edge of the bed. "No, sit up here" he mumbles. I can hear how tired he is in his voice.
I do as he order and sit beside him, his shaky hand reaches out for mine. I hold his hand tightly, as it shakes in mine. Whenever he winces he squeezes my hand hard, he doesn't deserve to be in pain like this. It makes me wanna cry.
"Shhhh....." I coo.
Luke just moans in return, too tired to speak.
"Shhh....." I repeat, as I watch his back move up and down as he inhales and exhales.
----------------------------------------
Whoaaaaaaaa
DID ANYONE ELSE HOLD THERE BREATH WHEN ADELE WAS UNDER WATER CAUSe DAMN I ALMOST DIED
oh! Also, I have a new cover as you can see.....its Adele, but I purposely picked a picture where u can't see too much of her face.
I WANT UR IMAGINATIONS TO WONDER WITH OUR MAIN CHARACTER.
Anywho
God Luke moaning is hOT
Sorry that took a while
It takes me a long time to write
THANK U GUYS FOR SWEET COMMENTS AND PUTTING UR INPUT IN ON THE BOOK!!!
And if u has a fanfic u want me to read I'd love to read it!!!!!
VOTE COMMENT READ I LOVE U ALLL WOW!!!!
Sorry for spelling errors :/
Byeeee 😘