Chapter Twenty Two

"I'm confused"
"This house was meant to confuse you"
"I'm scared"
"This house was meant to scare you"
"We're are u taking me?"
"Just keep your eyes shut sweetheart"
"Why are you being so nice to me?"
"Because I remember"
"Remember what?" He takes the blindfold off me.
"Hurting you" he whispers.
"....you do?"
"I'm sorry" he says.
"You are?"
"I'm so sorry" he chokes out, he then looks down.
"It's-its okay" I stammer. He then looks up, and brings his hands in front of his face.
"You tore off my finger nail though" he says. My heart races.
"...I did?"
"You did"
"I'm really sorry" I whisper.
"Then again....I stabbed you so...by all means, tearing off one fingernail was the least damage you could do. I mean," he then comes closer to my ear. "You barely hurt me compared to the others" he whispers. Those words tickle my ear. They are so familiar. "But Adele, honestly..." Ashton says pulling away, "I think that you remember."
"What?" I whisper.
"I think that we all remember" he says.
"Remember what?"
"Remember what we did"
It then becomes silent.
"I don't know if I should trust you" I whisper, Ashton laughs, leaning in closer to me. I try to back away, but I end up hitting a wall. He has trapped me.
"Adele I'm the most trustworthy one here" he whisper.
He gives me chills.
He makes my heart beat.
I want to kiss him.
Wait what.
"No" I say.
"No what?" his eyes stay glued to mine.
"How are you the most trustworthy?" I ask, My eyes begin to wonder.
"You wanna know why?" He says, "I'm sane, and your in-sane"
"You're not sane" I snap, "your not sane, you are most def-"
"You're dead Adele"
"No I'm not-"
"You're dead, maybe not physically-but mentally you're dead"
"What are you talking about?!" I say raising my voice.
"You're numb to feeling, watch" he the presses his lips against mine.
I don't do anything.
He then pulls away.
"What did you feel?"
"Stop" I say sternly, "I do feel, and you wanna know how I know that? Because I'm in love" I say. Ashton laughs.
"You think you're in love" he responds, his body still close to mine. "It's okay, Luke does too, and so does Calum. You all think your in love when really, you are all just heartless murdering machines-"
"What about Michael huh? WHAT ABOUT HIM?!" I protest.
"He's smart. He gets it, that's the only reason this is tuff for me. I would of stayed with him, but he's to much of a control freak. But he knows. He knows that we all remember what we did and that we meant to do it, he knows that-"
"STOP IT!" I scream pushing him away. "You're a trick, you and Michael made some deal and your a trick. Or-or maybe you're not even real! I-I-I-" I then start to breath really fast.
I can't stop.
"Adele, you may be right" Ashton says calmly, I can't stop breathing so fast. "Maybe my opinion is wrong-but lemme tell you a little secret" he then pushes me up against the wall again. "Ghost aren't real" he whispers.
"You're wrong" I say, "MERCY!" I shriek, he jolts back a little. "MERCY!" I shriek again.
"What are you-"
""MERCY!!" I scream. All of a sudden the door flings open. "THERE! THERE SHE IS THATS MERCY!" I yell.
"What?" Ashton asks.
"MERCY!" I scream again, a torch is lit. We're in the basement. "MERCY!" I scream one last time. Ashton then flies back, I smile. "THAT WAS MERCY!" I scream, I hear Ashton start to freak out.
"Oh my god" he mumbles getting up, he then quickly walks across the room towards me.
Ashton then grabs my hand.
"You need to drink something" he says.
"DO YOU BELIEVE ME NOW?!" I yell. He then drags me up the stairs and out the door that Mercy opened.
The enemy opened.
"It's okay Calum was like this at first too" he says.
"Ghost are real, ghost are the reason this is happening to us" I say. Ashton just nods his head as I stumble behind him. His warm hand keeps a steady grip on my cold arm.
"It's okay Adele everything's gonna be okay" Ashton says.
"Okay? I'm fine! Open up your eyes! Did you not just witness what happened down there? Or what's been happening this whole entire time!? This house has two spirits, and we just contacted with one of them! They want us out of there house but are giving us a chance to live if we can survive 24 hours! There being nice! Instead of killing us there letting us have a chance!" I say.
I know I'm right.
"Adele, it's okay it's only a few more hours. Just calm down" Ashton says, he then hoist me up on he kitchen counter.
"Ashton I'm a genius!"
"You need help"
"GHOST ARE REAL!" I scream.
"Shhhh!" Ashton says, I then laugh.
I'm so happy.
I just figured it out.
"Drink this" Ashton says handing me a bottle.
"What is this?" I question smelling it.
"Drink it, it's okay. It helped Calum" Ashton says.
"Why do you keep saying that? Why do you keep referring back to Calum?" I question.
"He thought what you were thinking too, just drink that please" Ashton says, his eyes are watery.
"What is it? And why?" I question.
"I don't know, and because it helps" Ashton says.
"What if I don't want to-"
"Adele you're scaring me drink it" Ashton says.
"No-"
"It's an escape from this nightmare you're living in I'm trying to help you" Ashton pleads. "You're gonna be okay I promise you."
Well that was a change in attitude.
I then think about it.
Which just gets me thinking about how I'm really, really, thirsty.
My cut lips.
My dry tongue.
My oh my.
"Okay then" I sigh. "But I am right" I state, before I chug whatever this drink is down my throat.
"Okay that's enough" Ashton says, but I keep drinking it.
My throat, soothed.
My tongue, lathered in liquid.
My body, fueled.
"ADELE!" Ashton yells ripping the bottle out of my head. I sit there for a second in shock.
"Uh...sorry" I say then sliding off the counter.
"It's okay, just don't be afraid to fall"
"What?" I question.
"You're okay"
"I know that"
"You're okay"
"Ashton why do you keep saying that?"
"It's okay"
"What's gotten into you?"
"You're gonna be okay"
All of a sudden my head starts to spin.
My vision blurs.
And I collapse into Ashton's arms.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay I just wanna say thank you to everyone who reads this!! You guys are really awesome and I just wanna say you liking this fanfic makes me smile much more now :) sorry if this was a little short, saying that I write UBER long but, idk some people like short chapters and some people like long.
COMMENT, VOTE, KEEP READING!!!
I love you alllll
Byeee
Srry for spelling and grammar errors :/