Chapter Twenty One

The bad part about this, is that it's extremely creepy down here.
The good part, is that there's light.
Candles.
Little flickers of light, and melting wax, make me happy.
"I'm so hungry" Luke says from behind me, he's putting a cardboard box, which looks like it's filled with stuff, in the passageway to block the entrance.
"Where did you find that?" I say walking towards the box.
"I dunno, just over there" Luke says pointing to the very back corner on the right side of the room.
"I'm hungry too" I say, so it doesn't seem like I could care less about Luke's previous comment. Funny how he found the box, I would've never even thought of blocking the entrance. "There's a lot of stuff in here" I say peeking inside the box to find basically a ton of books and papers.
"I know, kind of some weird stuff" Luke mumbles picking up a dust covered notebook. I take it out of his hands and open the first page, to see its a diary.
"Hey, look at this" I say to Luke as he then reads it over my shoulder.

This Diary Belongs To: Serena Brock
I turn the page.

Monday, 1963
Dear Diary,
Mother has gave me this diary to keep track of daily events. She says, that since I will be a writer like her when I grow up, I will need to write down all the details I can get at this age and time. Mother must not know that I don't have my heart set on being a writer like her, I would much rather be a regular mother; make dinner for my husband, take care of the kids, stay home. Live a life of simplicity. Anyways, today we have just moved into our new house, they say it hasn't been bought in a while, or at least that's what Mother thinks. I overheard her talking with Father about it when they were first deciding to move here, quiet strange how Mother was exited. She said that it would inspire her with ideas for her book. Father tells me what Mother is writing about is complete nonsense. He says it's about ghost, sprits, things that are only alive in the underworld. Mother can quite scare me sometimes when she's at work, it's very disturbing what she writes. But Mother is a lovely person, a truly gifted cook. I must be going now.
Signed,
Serena Brock

I then skip a few pages into it.

Dear Diary,
Mother and Fathers fighting has gotten much worse. Father says that Mother is loosing her mind, and that spirits and ghost being in our house is a outrageous idea. Mother says there is in fact a spirit upon us, she says that's why the lightbulbs have been crashing down on the floor late at night. Mother is beginning to scare me with her opinions, and I always here her talking to herself in her writing room. I usually just hide away in my room until Father comes home, he must be coming home soon. I hope he is coming home soon. Maybe moving here was a bad idea, Mother has never acted so strange before. I here her coming! I must go
Serena

"Hey can I see that?" Luke asks.
"Yeah, sure" I say, it kind of hurt my eyes to read. As Luke examines the book, I examine the room were in. It's pretty dull, and has a cold feeling to it, very creepy. For some reason that got me thinking about how hungry I am, and how thirsty, and tired I'm growing. I mean, it's been about fourteen hours since I've had something to drink.
I want water.
I want water so, so, bad.
"Dear diary," Luke starts. "I walked in on mother today when working, it was petrifying. She was on the floor, eyes rolled to the back of her head, whispering an unknown language. Then, her head turned at a strange angle, and she screamed 'one must die'. I ran out of the room, terrified this beast my mother has become will chase after me. No wonder father left, I wish I was with him right now, and not this terrible human being. Sincerely, Serena" I then turn to face Luke, who's in awe of the book.
"That's what Calum wrote on the wall, well, according to Ashton it was Calum..." I say walking over to Luke. I swear, he makes me bipolar. One minute I want to punch him square in the face for coming in the bathroom, and then he whispers in my ear and I want to press my lips against his. What even Lucas.
"But why? What does 'one must die' mean?" Luke says flipping through the book, he's become so much more curious, so much more smarter.
"I don't know, but this poor girl huh? He mom like-"
"Her mom worshiped the spirit that was in this house before her" Luke says cutting me off. He points into the torn and tattered notebook. I scan the page to see he's right.
Luke then brings the notebook up close to his face so I can't see.
"Dear diary, mother has told me about the sprit know as Mercy. She says that Mercy is a kind spirt like any other. She explained to me that what I saw earlier in her office was a body offering. She was letting Mercy borrow her body, as a friendly gift for letting us stay in her house. Mothers lost her mind I think. It's silly, a spirit named Mercy. Sincerely, your truly terrified friend, Serena" Luke reads. "Mercy must be one of the special friends...." Luke trials off.
At that moment in time the book flies right out of Luke's hands, and crashes against the wall. He eyes it mysteriously as the phone lights up in my hand.
Enough. Don't touch the book. It reads.
"Luke I think we should stop reading the diary for now" I whisper, Luke ingnores me and walks towards it.
The phone buzzes again.
Stop. Now. It reads. Luke keeps walking.
"Luke it wants you to stop!" I yell. He picks up the book.
"Luke-" I start, but then the air gets knocked right out of me before I can finish. I find my body getting slammed against the wall, and then on the ground. I whimper in pain.
"Adele?" Luke questions. The phone buzzes, in Luke's hand.
"Put the book down or your friend gets it?" He says confused reading the text. All of a sudden my hands start to shake.
"Luke, make it stop" I say nervously, the tips of my fingers start to turn blue.
"I-" Luke starts, but he then freezes completly. My hands are starting to go numb.
"Luke! Luke let go of the book!" I scream, but he keeps staring off into space. "LUKE HEMMINGS LET GO OF THE BOOK!" I yell as the rest of my hands start to change color. They vibrate like crazy, which scares me because the vibration starts to travel to my lips. He then blinks rapidly, and drops the book. My hands turn back to a regular color. I let out a sigh. "What the fuck! Why did you take so long?" I question. All of a sudden the phone appears right next to me as I sit in the ground still from that strange force.
Game time, this ones especially for you sweetheart ;) it reads.
Shit.
"I did let go of the book" I hear a voice behind me say. I turn my head to see Luke, he towers over me now.
"Wait, I thought you were just over th-"
"Adele, why is there another me standing right next to you?" The same voice says but from a distance. I turn my head back over see Luke now standing over there where he was before.
"What the..." I start then truing my head back again to see Luke standing there. "How are you moving so fast?" I question.
"I'm not" two voices that sound exactly the same say.
"Wait" I whisper, repeatedly turing my head just to make sure I'm correct.
There are two Luke Hemmings.
In the same exact room.
That look the exactly the same.
Correction, that are exactly the same.
"Oh my god" I whisper. On any other day this would of been good. In any other house this would of been good. But right now, this is not good. At all.
"Adele-" they both say at the same time, I jolt back, both the Luke's glare at each other.
"It's just the game messing with you don't worry, just back away from the illusion and come over here" the Luke that's farther away from me says.
"No! Stop! He's the fake I promise you! Don't go over there Adele" the one behind me says.
"Shit, shoot, shit, shit" I say truing my head to each Luke every time I say a word.
"Adele, trust me I am the real one, this is ridiculous-"
"How old am I then?"
"Sixteen" they both say.
I stand up, wincing because of my leg.
"Um, uh..." I trail off. This is gonna be hard saying Luke doesn't know to much about me. And I don't know too much about him.
"Adele please come over here" the Luke by the book says.
"No! Hey, you wanna know how it's the real me?! I would've let go of the book when you asked! I would've ran to you and helped you when you flew across the room. Unlike that fake asshole over there" The Luke behind me says grabbing my wrist.
"I was gonna help her but then your demon with craft happened and BAM! I couldn't move, I couldn't breathe-"
"Excuses, excuses, Adele, it's me. Trust me" The Luke behind me says.
"No! Stop! Ask me anything to prove that's the fake! Adele you got to believe me!" The other Luke says.
"No! Believe-"
"ALL OF YOU SHUT UP!" I scream, they become quiet. "Okay, question time. What's the name of the band you're in?" I ask.
"Five seconds of summer" they both say.
"Um...what instrument do you play?" I try, hoping one will say wrong.
"Guitar" they both answer.
I then have to think.
Nothing.
Why am I so stupid.
"Jesus Christ, how am I gonna deal with this" I mumble.
"Just pick me!" They both say, it startles me a bit. "Stop that" they both tell each other. Again, at the same time.
"What's that book over there" I say Pointing to the one on the ground.
"Diary" they both say, I huff out a ton of air.
"Um...." I then trail off.
I know what I'm gonna ask.
And it's a really stupid question.
"Do you love me?" I cringe, bitting my lip.
"Yes" I only here one say, he says it in a very competitive tone. The one behind me nods.
"And I don't know why" he whispers, my heart starts to race.
"Luke?" I ask.
"Yes?" They both respond.
I then think of something really smart. Well, at least it will get me an answer.
"Who do I-love" I question, not even knowing the answer myself.
"Calum" the one in front of me says in a gentler tone.
"I don't know" the other one answers.
Right as I'm about to conclude this game, I hear something from the tunnel.
"Luke, Adele, we know your down here" I hear Michael say.
"Jesus Christ there's no way Adele came down here in this small tunnel. She hates small spaces" I hear Calum complain. All of a sudden the Luke that was in front of me, seems to disintegrate. The ashes then fly past me and to the Luke that was behind me the whole time. His eyes turn completely black as the ashes collide into him.
"Luke?" I whisper. The last few specks of ash fly collide into his chest.
His eyes stay black.
He stands completely still.
"Luke!" I scream, I then hear Michael laugh.
"I knew you were down here!" He calls, I then look at the tunnel the boxes in front of it begin to shake. I then turn back behind me to see if Luke's out if his trance.
He's not there.
"LUKE?!" I yell.
All there's left, is view of a stairway.
Where did he go?
How is it possible he's gone?
"Adele?" I hear Calum call. I freeze.
I see the box fall.
I run up the stairs as fast as I can.
Step by
Step
By step by
Step.
I then see a door.
I open it.
I'm back out in the hallway again.
I slam the door.
And cry.
My crying grows
Louder
And louder and
Louder.
"Well look who's pretty face it is" I here a thick Australian accent say.
Oh
Shit.
"Ashton" I gasp out in between short breaths and hiccuping sobs.
"Oh darling," he starts he then kneels down in front of me. "Don't cry" he mumbles.
"Don't kill me, please, please, please-"
"Shhh..." Ashton says than taking his hand and placing it over my mouth. "Close your eyes" he says, I nod no. "Close them" he says more sternly. I scream, but it's muffled. Ashton rolls his eyes. "I'm not gonna hurt you, don't worry" he says, his eyes grow soft. "Me and Calum made a deal, so I need you to close your eyes before Michael stitches them shut for you" Ashton says.
I close my eyes.
I shut them
Really
Really
Tight.
It reminded my of how tired I am.
And how thirsty I have grown.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry this took so long to write! I've been super busy....:/
VOTE COMMENT READ I DONT KNOW
Thank you for reading!
Sorry if there are spelling errors....I suck with that :/
Bye ❤️ :)