Chapter Thirty Three

"So here's my plan," Ashton says, voice shaky and sweaty palms. "Michael, remember those potions we found up in the attic a while back?"
"Yeah," Michael says breathing unevenly.
"Remember how there was one that healed our wounds?" Ashton says, trying to sputter out words as fast as he can.
"Yes! Yes I do! Luke needs that! Luke needs that right now!" Michael yells, hope filling his eyes.
"Exactly! Exactly, so here's my plan. Me and Adele will go up to the attic while you stay here with Luke. We'll then get the potion, and everything will be okay again," Ashton says quickly, pacing back and fourth.
"Alright, okay that sounds good. But you guys need to hurry then because I-I don't know what's going on with him right now I don't-"
"It's okay Michael, we're on it," Ashton says, lip quivering.
"Ashton thank you so much. Thank you so much for helping," Michael says, eyes watering up again.
"Luke doesn't deserve this, we both know it," Ashton says. He then looks to me, "Come on, let's go."
I then quickly stand up even though my whole body is still in complete utter shock. My hands can't stop shaking and there's this sickening feeling in my stomach as I continue to cry. I can't stop sobbing, not even to catch my breath. I've been crying so hard for quite some time now that it's giving me a headache.
"Adele?" Ashton says, I nod. "Can you do this?"
I shrug in response while nodding yes. I don't know if I can, but I have to try. I have to save him.
"Go! Hurry!" Michael cries.
Ashton then grabs my arm and pulls me out the room with him as I continue to cry. We stumble down the long hall, both of us more overwhelmed than ever.
There's this part of me that's furious at Luke. How could he do this? End the game? Sacrifice himself? Why would he do all this and cause us all this pain? It makes me want to scream every negative thought I have in his face.
But then there's this sad, sympathetic part of me that feels so bad words cannot describe. Luke was filled with so much sorrow, and so much hate, and had lost so much energy that it drove him insane over the span of maybe a little more than half a day. He was physically and mentally beaten to the max that he drove himself to stabbing a knife in his own stomach. Also, the fact that he couldn't bring himself to kill one of us shows that there's this part of him that still cares.
It makes me the most emotionally unstable I have ever been.
When we reach the attic Ashton pushes my shaking body in front of him and to the latter. I pause for a few seconds before climbing up to catch my breath, but saying Ashton's in such a rush he starts to yell at me, triggering me to cry even more.
"Adele, GO!" Ashton yells.
"IM SORRY!" I scream I response, then making my way up the latter.
I try to go as fast as I can, but I just end up missing steps and and almost falling off several times because of it. It makes Ashton even more impatient. I can tell by his voice, the way he breaths, the way he thumps his foot on the ground...
I just want to scream "IM TRYING MY BEST!" at the top of my lungs for him to understand.
When I make it into the attic though I pretty much collapse and continue to cry. Crying this hard has given me the biggest headache, and I'm so hungry too, I haven't had anything to eat all day. If only when I got pushed I didn't let go of my bag of food. Then I would have chips, Oreos, chocolate, all that good stuff.
Even though that doesn't sound good to me right now. What really sounds good to me right now is water. Just a tall, cold, glass of water is all I need. My lips are chapped, my mouth is dry, my throat is so fucking sore, that's all I want in my life. It makes me regret running and screaming and crying.
I hate all of this.
When Ashton gets up in the attic, he also doesn't sit up right away. He just stares at me while I cry. It makes me kind of uncomfortable to be honest. I hate that he just watches me sob in so much pain.
"Adele why are you crying?" Ashton asks, sitting up a bit as I stay slouched over.
"W-W-Why do y-you th-think?" I snap, gurgling out the words I want to say.
"I know this is overwhelming...but you have to pull yourself together. You have to stop this," Ashton says, trying to calm me down.
But, instead of calming me down it just infuriates me.
"I can't," I whisper, staring at the attic floor.
"What?" Ashton says, not hearing me.
"I CANT!" I scream, "I CANT STOP!"
"Yes you can, you just have to take a deep breath-"
"I CANT!" I scream once more, the continuing to cry. "I wanna go home Ash."
It then gets silent for a few seconds.
"Me too," he finally whispers.
"I hate this all so much....I WANNA GO HOME!" I repeat.
"Adele," Ashton says, causing me to finally look up at him.
I see that there are fast tears streaming down his face, as if they're falling out with no command. When I look up he quickly wipes them away, sniffling. But, when he starts to do this he instead, just ends up breaking down like me.
"I hate this as much as you do alright? And probably even a little bit more-"
"Oh I doubt it-"
"No! No you don't understand what I've been through! I've been through this one cycle so many times in one fucking day! Some shit happens to me, I'm frazzled at first but I have to be the optimistic one, I then hold in all of my fearful emotions for a short amount of time until I just break down like this! It's the same cycle and I'm so sick of it! And you breaking down only makes things worse for me! Not because you're doing anything wrong, but because it means I have to be the strong one again! And I'm sick and tired of being the strong, hopeful, optimistic one here! I'm so done!" Ashton rants.
"Ashton, you gave up on being the optimistic one a while back, don't try and play innocent here," I say, telling the truth.
"What the hell are you talking about? If I'm not the optimistic one than who is Adele?" Ashton snaps, tears running down his face.
"Nobody is! Nobody is the one cheery person with a good heart and strong sense of sympathy or-whatever! We're all just a ton of teenagers running around in a house trying to stay alive! Nobody has a designated role is this group we're all just-insane!" I say, taking my turn in the ranting process.
It then gets quiet between us.
We basically just sit, and cry.
The silence soothing my bad headache, but definitely does not make it go away.
I'm so done with this.
I so badly just wanna give up.
What's the point anyways?  If I stay alive, I'm just gonna be haunted by this forever, so what's the point?
Maybe I'm just dreaming...
Oh my god, I hope I'm just dreaming.
I hope I got hit by that car this morning and I'm just dreaming this all.
I hope this isn't real.
There's no explanation on how it could be real.
"Why do we hate each other?" Ashton says. Both of each other's crying has calmed down by this point.
"Well, it stared when you...got possessed....and the rest is history," I mumble.
"But why do we hate each other then?" Ashton asks. "I mean, that's exactly what they want."
"I hate you because you killed me," I say.
"I didn't kill you, the ghost did," Ashton says, "Mercy did...."
"But visually, it was you," I say.
"But inside it wasn't. Adele why do we hate each other?" Ashton says.
"I already told you! Because you got possessed!" I exclaim.
"So why do we hate each other?" Ashton repeats.
"Ashton I don't fucking understand what you're trying to do here okay?" I snap.
"Don't you get it though? We don't hate each other. We both hate the same thing," Ashton states. "We both hate the ghost."
"But what about everything else, you know? The fighting, the nagging, the time you kissed me, what about all of that? The ghost didn't do anything then," I say.
"I-I didn't mean to kiss you...that was a mistake. Michael got into my head and that whole thing was a mistake alright? Let's just forget it ever happened," Ashton says.
"But everything else?" I say.
"Well, what was the base of all that fighting?" Ashton asks.
"The killing," I say.
It then clicks in my brain.
"See Adele? We don't actually hate each other....the dead tricked us into thinking we did, when really, we just hate them."
I get it.
I keep the same tired expression I had on my face before, even though I'm fascinated with this theory Ashton came up with. But, instead, I just continue to look at the negative side of things.
"Well, that theory would've been helpful a little while back, don't you think?" I mumble.
"But we have it now...So, how about we just have a fresh start?" Ashton replies.
"How many fresh starts are we going to have? We literally just had a fresh start thirty minutes ago or something and here we are again, fighting still," I say.
"This will be the last one," Ashton says, "I promise."
I sigh, my crying almost completely calmed down now, "Alright," I say, "don't break this promise."
"Same goes for you," Ashton whispers.
We then both stare at each other for a very long time, which is reality is 10 seconds, before Ashton crawls over to me and hugs me. I grab onto him tightly in return, knowing a hug was something we both needed right now.
Ashton then pulls away from me and crawls towards a chest that's pressed up against the wall. He then flings it open, dust flying when he does making me sneeze. I scoot over near him and peer inside the box to see about 5 or 6 bottles that all look identical in there.
"Which one is it?" I asks.
"I-uh....I don't know....last time we picked one and BAM! Are wounds were healed but uh...I don't know which one we picked," Ashton says.
"You're kidding," I asks.
"I wish I was..." Ashton trails off.
"So this means what? We have to test drink them to make sure it's the one?" I asks.
"I mean...I guess so," Ashton says.
"Great. Just perfect," I say sarcastically.
"I know right," Ashton huffs.
"Alright, well saying we're running out of options here...I think the quickest way to do this is to take turns trying them out. You know, like you drink one and then I drink one," I say.
"Umm, okay. That seems good," Ashton gulps down nervously, his eyes puffy from crying.
"You can drink one first," I say.
Ashton stares at the chest for a long time before answering me, "do I have to?"
"Please?" I whisper.
Ashton then shuts his eyes and takes a deep breath, "Fine, I'll do it. But you owe me."
"Thank you," I mumble.
Ashton's hands linger over all of the small glass bottles before he then grabs one randomly and picks it up. He then pulls off the tiny cork that kept it glued shut.
"If I die, keep looking to find the healing one. Don't let Luke go," Ashton instructs.
"You won't die," I say.
"You don't know that," Ashton whispers.
He then takes the bottle, brings it up to his mouth, and takes a sip. I stare at him intensely while in my mind I plead that he won't die and that this is the potion we need. I can't loose Ashton when we're already loosing Luke. Ashton deserves to live.
Luke deserves to live.
Everyone here deserves to live. Nobody should die today.
What a shame....
Ashton then puts the potion down after taking a nice long sip. Thankfully, everything seems normal with him. A smile suddenly creeps up on his face.
"Did it do anything to you?" I asks.
Ashton then bust out laughing. He giggles and laughs and smiles as if he wasn't just crying his eyes out a few minutes ago.
"Uh...Ash?" I question, but he just keeps giggling out of control. "Ashton," I call more sternly.
"I can't...I can't-" he barely squeaks out because he's laughing so much.
"Ashton what the fuck?" I ask, weirded out.
"I can't stop laughing!" He finally spits out, then rolling over with laughter.
I look at him with a judgmental scold on my face as he continues to smile and laugh while lying on the floor.
"I don't get it....nothing about what's happening right now is funny," I say.
"I KNOW!" Ashton yells, then laughing even harder than before.
"Then why are you laughing?!" I exclaim.
"I don't know!" Ashton giggles.
"Come on, stop it," I complain.
"I can't! I-I," he the gets cut off by his own giggles.
"What the hell? Ashton stop!" I yell.
"I CANT! I FUCKING CANT!" He yells while wheezing out a laugh.
"Yes you can! Stop-wait...." I say.
I then look at the potion bottle, and then to Ashton whose rolling on the floor with laughter.
"Make it stop! I-I-" Ashton's inner happiness consumes the rest of his sentence as his cute little laugh echoes through the small room.
"Are you serious? Like, you can't stop? Or you can't stop," I ask.
"I Can't stop!" Ashton laughs.
I sigh, "Jesus Christ...." I mumble, eyes widening.
"Don't....don't drink this one its not it," Ashton giggles, finding everything and anything hilarious.
"Yeah...Sure looks like it," I say, still a bit confused.
"Just go! Pick one," Ashton laughs, calming down only a smidgen.
"Who would make a potion where the only after effect is non-stop laughter?" I mumble to myself. I then look to the chest and grab one of the small bottles.
Now that I know these potions aren't as bad as I thought they would be, I'm less intimidated by my options of identical bottles. I mean, saying so far the potions have been healing wounds and endless laughter, I'm not too phased.
"Here goes nothing," I sigh, then taking a sip of the potion.
The drink for this taste so sour, making the cuts on my lips tingle. I squeeze my eyes tight at the intense sour taste as I then part the bottle from my lips.
Oh god, I hate sour.
I then shake my head in frustration with the bitter aftertaste.
"How did you drink that?!" I exclaim.
"It tasted fine," Ashton giggles.
"Fine?! That was disgusting!" I shriek.
"It just tastes like grape soda," Ashton laughs, eyes widening.
"Well mine didn't...mine tasted-" but before I could finish my sentence an excruciating feeling runs throughout my whole body. I cry out in in pain grabbing onto the biggest gashing cut on my body, which is my leg, only to get a wet, sticky, substance on my hand.
I take my hand off to see that this substance is blood.
Blood pours out of my open wound as my eyes widen in fear. I then feel, running down my face, something else that's wet. I wipe the side that I feel this tingling on, only to get more blood. I scream in sudden shock as all the tiny cuts on my arms and on my face, seem to bust open. Blood pours out of them like a fountain.
"ASHTON!" I scream, examining my blood covered body.
Ashton giggles, looking at me strangely. His laugh that is staring to get on my neves starts to become shaky as he sees blood running down and off my body.
"W-What the hell!?" He exclaims, then again, causally adding a laugh at the end.
I then feel my eyes start to water as this feeling of disgust and pain takes over me from being covered in my own blood.
"HELP! ASHTON DRINK SOMETHING!" I scream, freaking out harder than intended.
"OKAY!" Ashton yells back, then grabbing a bottle and bring it closer to his face. "These bottles are so cute-"
"ASHTON!" I scream, cutting him off as he giggles.
"Alright! I'm on it! Jeez, looks like somebody woke up in the wrong side of the bed this morning," Ashton says, then laughing at his own joke.
"DRINK THE DAMN POTION!" I cry, fanning myself with my arms that are drenched in blood.
"I'm going," Ashton says, than taking a sip of the next bottle. When he does he blinks rapidly, chugging it longer than needed.
"THATS ENOUGH!" I instruct, then grabbing my leg in pain with my blood covered hands.
Ashton then forces the bottle away from him, licking his lips. He then smacks his lips together before sighing, and letting out a chuckle.
"That tasted like cotton candy," Ashton states.
"I could care less Ash just tell me what it did to you?!" I exclaim, so close to crying.
Ashton then smiles, giggling before he speaks. "It's making me feel really....happy! And like...my stomachs tingling and I can stop smiling and it's really-"
"Ashton what are you trying to tell me?!" I snap, on my last nerve.
Ashton the looks at me and laughs, his eyes filled with joy, "You're so pretty Adele," he says.
No.
Noooooooo.
NO!
"What?" I say cringing.
"Like-I don't know...Just now I realized there something about you that just makes me smile and-oh God I sound like an idiot..."
"Yeah! You do! What-Why-What is going in with you?!" I ask, speechless.
"I don't know...but I mean, even when you're covered in your own blood....you still look flawless-"
"ASHTON WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?!" I scream.
"I don't know! These words just seem to flow out of my mouth and it feels so good to say these things out loud!" Ashton laughs, sighing in happiness.
"Oh my fucking god," I say, "what-what did these potions do to you?!"
"What do you mean?" Ashton asks laughing.
"I mean you're so-happy!" I cry.
"I'm so happy...to be with you," Ashton says.
"Okay what the fuck," I say bluntly.
I then snatch the potion that Ashton was drinking and examine it closely. It seems to have some sort of writing on it.
"Amour..." I read, I then throw the bottle on the ground. "What does that mean?!" I shriek.
"Amour?" Ashton giggles, "that means love silly."
"NO!" I scream.
A love potion?
A fucking love potion?
THOSE ARE REAL?
I'm gonna cry this is all just so confusing.
"What? Don't you love love?" Ashton asks.
"Shut up," I snap, then grabbing a random potion out of the chest.
Sadly, this one does not have any labels.
Why is only that one labeled?
This is all so stupid....
I then quickly pull of cork out and take a nice big sip out of this bitter, bitter, drink. It taste like, well, something bitter. What's something that's really, really, bitter anyways?
Oh god I don't know.
I can't think.
Ashton is completely useless now and I'm currently bleeding through any open wound I have.
This couldn't be any worse.
"So how did that taste, love?" Ashton giggles, giving me a nickname now.
For some reason though, what I want to say does not come out of my mouth. Instead, this does, "Ashton you are completely useless and I'm currently bleeding through any open wound I have, things couldn't be any worse," I blurt out.
What was that?!
"What was that?!" I exclaim, saying exactly what I just asked myself.
Stop it! Stop speaking!
"Sorry for being....useless...." Ashton says, snorting after.
"When I was in 5th grade I wrote this threatening note to this new girl because she was flirting with the boy I liked, but then the teacher found the note and I blamed it all on my best friend," I suddenly burst out with. I quickly slap my hand over my mouth, eyes widening, and tasting the blood that was dripping off my finger tips.
Ashton burst out laughing, "Where the hell did that come from?!" He grins.
"I-I don't know I've never told anyone that before," I say quickly.
What is up with you?!
Why are you even thinking about 5th grade at a time like this?
And why would you blurt it out like that?!!
"In 7th grade though I was taking my science final during PE because I was sick the day I was supposed to take the test, and since the science teacher taught PE nobody was in the room so I took out all of my notes and got three whole pages of answers completely right because I cheated," I jabber on.
Ashton yet again hoots and hollers at my spastic blurting out of deep dark secrets.
"Adele! Stop! I'm gonna pee myself!" Ashton roars out in laughter.
"I-I-I-" I then start to cry, overwhelmed by everything.
"Hey! Don't cry! You're hilarious, that's one of the reason I love you-"
"Ashton you don't love me you took a potion that's tricking you into loving me," I explain.
"No," Ashton says.
"Yes! And that's also why you haven't stopped laughing in 20 minutes! It's because of these stupid potions! And that's also the reason why I'm still bleeding and I'm blurting out the randomness shit! Like that one time I told my mom that I killed the dog and she believed me because are dog mysteriously died a few days before, but really I was just saying it for attention!" I ramble, then crying some more. "I NEED TO STOP TALKING!" I scream.
"What kid of dog was it?" Ashton asks.
"Caviler," I sniffle.
Ashton laughs, "Calum loves dogs-"
"Ashton please drink a potion already! I don't wanna have another meltdown like the time I had one at camp because I thought my camp counselor was going to kill me in my sleep!"
Stop.
Fucking.
Talking.
Ashton laughs, "why did you think she was gonna kill you?"
"Because she would always yell at me and only me! And because of this I of course told all the girl in my cabin she was gonna murder me and broke down in tears embarrassing myself in front of a ton of strangers!" I cry.
"Hmm, cool," Ashton giggles, "I'm gonna drink a potion now."
What the hell is going on with me? What kind of potion makes you blurt out deep dark secrets? Why are there even potions in this house? It doesn't make any sense! Potions aren't real how is this all chemically possible?
I then start saying exactly what I just stated in my head out loud. Ashton looks at me as I mumble all my thoughts out loud, taking a nice sip of whatever potion he is going to have next.
I fucking hate this.
"I fucking hate this..." I mutter.
Why does Ashton get all the good potions, and I'm stuck bleeding and screaming out random shit from my childhood?
Ashton the pulls the potions away from his mouth a yawns.
"It's not the one is it?" I ask.
"I....I...." Ashton starts looking dazed, "this is the wrong one," he says, then collapsing.
"ASHTON!" I scream, tears streaming down my face. "Fuck! Fuck, fuck fuck!" I exclaim.
I then lean over and shake him, which does nothing but leave a bloody handprint on his bare arm. "Come on!" I growl.
I then shake my head in denial while a grab another potion out of the chest. I quickly chug it as a very minty and fresh flavor fills my mouth, killing the bitter and sour tastes that were in my mouth before.
Right away after I drink it I feel as if all my energy has been restored.
The tired feeling I had in my body is replaced with this new, fresh, feeling, and my eyes widen at this sudden burst of life inside me. But, this act of major energy gain goes a little to the extreme when my hands start to shake out of control, and I start to twitch with so much energy inside me.
So this means, another useless potion has been taking into my body.
"Oh god," I gasp, trying to breath as this overwhelming and alerting feeling controls me.
I then go for the chest again and grab one of the last potions. I then try to pull off the cork, but it takes me a while to steady my hand on the top of the bottle. After I do though, I pull off the cork and bring the bottle up to my lips.
This drink that taste of warm water sizzles in my mouth. I only take one sip before tearing another potion bottle away from my lips.
I then wait.
And wait.
And wait.
"Of course," I say, "Of course!"
Nothing.
Thanks to the shakiness of my hands, I end up dropping the bottle.
The liquid spills.
Drip....drip.....drip...
Of course, it all lands right on the cut on my leg.
I quickly grab for my leg as this painful feeling courses up and down it. I then instantly  grab the bottle and tilt it upright so this liquid stops spilling out everywhere. The pain consumes me as a whole, causing constant tears to spill out as I squeeze my eyes shut.
But, all of a sudden something strange happens.
It feels as if all the blood on my leg is being sucked away from under my hands that grabs my torn and tender skin. I tickles and burns all at the same time, confusing me  emotionally and physically. I don't know how to explain this weird pain. It burns my skin and makes my blood cold all at the same time. Makes me wish I was dead but at the same time I've never felt so alive.
But then it all stops.
I peek one eyes open and see that the cut on my leg is completely healed and has vanished into thin air.
"W-What?" I whisper to myself. The hole that tears up to my knee on my leggings now just shows clean skin instead of a gashing, horrid, cut. "Oh my god!" I exclaim. "I-I-It healed my-It healed me!" I squeal in joy. "THIS IS THE POTION!" I yell. I then look over to Ashton, being able to now bend my leg so I can crawl over time him. "Ash! Ashton wake up!" I yell. He doesn't even flinch. "ASH!" I scream.
Nothing.
Damn that knocked him out cold.
It's too bad, he would love to see this right now...and so would Michael and-
"Luke," I say, "Holy crap, LUKE!"
I then turn to Ashton one more time, "ASHTON WAKE THE FUCK UP!" I scream.
Nothing.
Okay, you have to go now.
Just leave him up here.
You need to save Luke.
I then listen to my sub conscious and spring up onto my two feet, almost not remembering how it felt like to put pressure on my leg that was injured. It felt so good to have two legs in fully function. I felt so free. I can walk now without having to block out an unbearable pain.
I then dash to the ladder with the potion in hand, and quickly climb down it with no time to loose. All of these overwhelming emotions plus the potion that makes me bounce out of control makes walking and just doing anything as a whole harder. It's so hard to contain yourself and stay focused in life or death situations. Even if it's not life or death for you, just the people you're with.
What am I saying?
Stay focused, Luke needs you.
I then hit the second floor ground and right as I do I dash down it. The blood that's still trailing down my face starts to dry and my hair flows back as I run faster than I did when we were getting chased by that mob.
I then take a sharp turn into the room, almost tripping.
"FINALLY!" I hear Michael scream as I dash up to them.
"I got it! This is the one! And-And-I took all these other ones that were the wrong one-but this ones it! I swear-I-"
"Okay! I believe you just-Heal him!"  Michael says pointing at Luke when he does.
I then run over to the back of the room where they are and sit down, "is he conscious?" I ask, trying to stop myself from blurting out the randomness of things.
"Barley, and he's lost so much blood since he took the knife out," Michael says, I didn't notice that he was lightly crying until right now.
"You guys took the knife out!?" I exclaim.
"He wanted me too! He said he needed it out of him!" Michael snaps.
"Luke?" I call, my whole body shaking and twitching as I sit right next to him. "Luke can you hear me?" I say, then trying to take the cap off the bottle. "Alright, I'm just gonna warn you. This is gonna hurt a lot at first, but when it's over you will be so happy with the results," I explain.
But, my shaky hands make it impossible for me to take the cork off the bottle.
"Hurry!" Michael cries.
"Open it for me I can't," I say, not even explaining myself. I don't think I have to though,  because with no hesitation Michael snatches the bottle out of my hands and pulls the cork off. He then hands it back to me quickly with a look or worry.
"I'm trusting you..." Michael whispers.
"Don't worry," I say.
I then pour the liquid over Luke's stab wound, and then to any other big gashing cut he has on his arms or face. After I do I hand the bottle to Michael, letting out a huge sighing relief.
"You want some?" I ask.
"Not until I know that he's okay," Michael whispers.
All of a sudden Luke let's out a bloodcurdling scream that echoes through the room. Me and Michael both look to him and then back at each other. Smiles spread up on our faces.
"It's working," I say.
Michaels smile grows even wider and wider as this look of happiness I have never seen before takes over his whole body.
Luke let's out one more scream before all the blood that surrounded him was gone, and the stab wound that was there is now no longer existent. He slowly sits up and examines his stomach in awe.
"He's back," I say, "he's here! He's alive!"
"LUKE!" Michael yells in joy, then pouncing on his best friend to embrace him with a big, warm, hug.
"What-how am I-" Luke stutters confused.
"You're okay and you're alive and-and what the actual fuck Luke?! Don't ever do that agin I thought I lost you forever!" Michael rambles on and on.
"I-Michael I'm-"
"Why would you ever do that? Luke that was stupid! Don't-don't ever do that ever again," Michael says, cutting Luke off.
"Michael I'm supposed to be dead right now," Luke says, pulling away from his friend. "Why is the gashing cut in my body gone?" Luke asks.
I then hand the potion to Luke.
"What's this?" He asks.
"Heals wounds," I sum up, trying to keep my mouth shut so I don't randomly ramble or anything stupid.
"Where did you get this?" Luke questions.
"The attic."
He then places the potion bottle down on the ground, "so you guys....saved me?"
"Well-Of course we did. We all love you....we can't have you being dead," Michael says.
"No...you guys all should hate me....why would you say that you love me?" Luke mumbles.
"Why should we hate you?" Michael asks.
"Because I was the murder!" Luke exclaims.
"Yeah, but you're not anymore..." Michael trails off.
It then gets really quite. Luke stares at the floor while me and Michael focus on him. Luke purses his lips together and seems to be in deep thought. I guess it's okay for him to be taken aback like this, right? He thought that he was going to be breathing his last breath of air a few seconds ago, now he's good as new.
"I can't believe you guys did this...." Luke says. I can't tell if that's good or bad. "I-I thought I was-I thought these were my last hours living I thought-I thought I was going to be gone forever," he stutters.
"So did we," Michael says.
"But-But now I'm alive!" Luke yells, taking this all in. "I mean-I wasn't dead before-I just new I was going to be dead really soon."
"Luke-"
"I-I-you messed with the whole system," Luke says.
"What system?" Michael questions.
"You know, the game...if I'm not dead right now then what's gonna happen?" Luke asks.
"Luke what do you mean? The game will just carry on," Michael responds.
"Have you heard from them?" I say, finally speaking.
"From who?"
"AnnaBeth and Mercy," I explain, not afraid to say there names anymore.
Michaels expression turns fearful at the thought of those names, "N-No...have you?"
"No," I whisper.
"So....where's everyone else?" Luke asks.
"Adele wheres Ashton?" Michael snaps.
"He's up in the attic."
"Alone?"
"He passed out. Those potions messed with us pretty hardcore," I say, then biting my tongue after as I feel words tingle in the back of my throat.
"Why did you just leave him up there?!" Michael shrieks.
"Michael! Luke would've died if I came down five minutes later than I did! We had to save him!" I snap, defending myself.
"You could've brought him with you!"
"Are you kidding me? How!? You can't exactly drag a body down a latter!" I say.
"Ugh, well that's just great! We need to go get him now," Michael huffs
"Don't blame this on me!" I snap.
"You're right, this is my fault. Sorry," Michael says sarcastically.
"No, it's mine...you guys wouldn't of needed to go up there if it wasn't for me," Luke says.
"Luke don't you dare take the blame," Michael snaps.
"Yeah, this wasn't your fault. If anything Michael's right, it was mine," I say, not wanting Luke to feel the least bit guilty.
I can't have Luke feeling guilty about what he did.
"I'm sorry," Luke says.
"...don't be sorry-"
"That was so selfish of me I'm so sorry," Luke blurts out.
"No it wasn't-"
"It was!"
"Luke," I snap. He looks up at me with a worried expression, "You didn't do anything wrong."
"Yeah I-"
"No. No you didn't. And we all agree that you didn't," I say.
"Yeah, Luke don't feel bad about what you did...we all understand," Michael says.
Luke rubs his eyes in exhaustion. "Thank you," he says, "for understating..."
"Adele?" Michael says, I look his way. "Should we be worried about Calum?"
Calum!
I totally forgot about Calum....
He could be dead.
Or even worse, he could be with the ghost.
"Uh-no. We'll find him," I stutter, trying to keep everyone calm. "Let's just get Ashton out of the attic first."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm sorry. That took me so long. I suck at updating. I'm so sorry. I don't blame you for hating me.
School has been kicking my ass lately and my ex boyfriend is being annoying af and all I want to is hug Gerard way.
So my apologies, I will always try an update as fast as I can but I'm just a really slow going person. So really sorry :/
ANYWHO
I hope you guys like this chapter! Hopefully since it was longer it will pay off for the long wait.
Thank you guys so much for supporting this book and voting and commenting and stuff it means a lot of me.
Ahh this book is more than halfway done!!!
!!VOTE, COMMENT, READ, SHARE!!
I'm not really digging this cover I have lke idk how I feel about it.
THANKS FOR DEALING WTH ME ILY HAVE A GOOD DAY, NIGHT, OR AFTERNOON I HOPE U MEET TONY PERRY OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT.
Sorry for grammar and spelling errors¡¡!!
byeee!!! 💕💕💕💕