Chapter Thirty

We did it.
We actually did it.
We did not only save Luke and Ashton, but we got Calum out of the battle field safe too, and didn't kill ourselves in the process of it all.
We are all alive.
Well, we're all alive but not in the best shape. For starters Calum is passed out on the floor, Michael is going mental, Ashton is badly beaten, and Luke looks like he's in extreme pain. For myself that is, the cut on my leg hurts like hell, and I've been slapped, thrown, beaten, frozen, and possessed in the past few hours. So, since those things happened, I wouldn't consider myself fully charged.
There's one thing that I'm in awe with on top of all these other things though, and that is the text.
Thirty minutes.
Are they actually granting my wish?
Are they really giving us a break from the game?
Do we really get thirty minutes to heal?
"We did it," I hear Michael say breathily.
I turn my attention to him as I snap out of my inner thoughts. Michael has a smile on his faces that's a mile wide. He looks so proud he can burst. And his eyes that are filled with life at the moment, really complete the look.
He then looks to me. I have a look on my face that screams 'ANXIOUS!' And my hands shake because I'm so paranoid now, which is probably is visible from a mile away. So between all of those emotions, Michaels happiness instantly disappears and a look of worry is plastered on his face.
"Are you okay?" He asks with a straight face.
"I'm great," I say sarcastically.
"Sorry, but the look on your face is scaring me," Michael admits. His eyes then grow wide, "Oh god- I didn't mean that as an insult- sorry. Your face is beautiful. You just look really scared and shocked..." Michael adds awkwardly.
I just ignore what he's saying, mainly because it makes no sense.
"Thirty minutes, Michael," I whisper. Michaels facial expression doesn't change though, he still looks pretty fearful.
"....Are we gonna die in thirty minutes?"
"No!" I exclaim all too quickly, and very intense. My cheeks then heat up, causing me to look down so Michael doesn't notice.
"Then what's thirty minutes?" Michael asks confused.
"Nothing. Absolutely nothing. We have thirty minutes to do nothing," I answer, looking up. Michael furrows his eyebrows and thinks for a second.
"Is that sarcasm or-"
"No I'm not joking," I say nodding.
"So we have thirty minutes to do...nothing," Michael says.
"Yup," I respond.
"So like, a break?" He asks, finally piecing it together.
"Exactly," I whisper.
Michael scoffs and rolls his eyes at me, looking away.
"Bullshit," he snaps.
"Bullshit my ass Michael. Look at the text yourself," I say crawling over to him with the phone in hand.
When I reach him I hand him the phone and plop down beside him. I put my legs out in front of me because the one with the cut hurts like hell. And now that I am getting a good look at it, I can see why.
"This-this could mean something else you know," Michael says in denial, pointing at the phone.
"Michael, I am ten thousand percent sure that they are giving us a break. And if I'm wrong, please do shoot me out of anger," I say.
"Yeah, no. Please don't joke about that. I mean, thank god there are no guns in this game," Michaels says.
"True, we'd probably all be dead by now if their were guns," I add on quietly.
"How long have we been here?" Michael asks.
I sigh, "Well we got here at twelve....and it was midnight just a while back. So I don't know, sometime early in the AM?" I estimate.
"You know we're kinda close. I mean, a little past half way," Michael says.
"Yeah, ever since 10 o' clock I feel as if time has been flying," I respond.
"Me too, the first seven or eight hours were very...long," Michael mumbles.
"True," I whisper.
All of a sudden Michael glances at my leg, taking a double take when he sees it. His face fills with disgust as his eyes grow wide.
"Holy shit," Michael says
"It's fine-"
"Holy fucking shit," he repeats loudly.
"What?" I snap annoyed. Michael points to my leg a furrows his eyebrows.
"That's nasty!" He exclaims. I roll my eyes, looking away a bit annoyed.
"Yeah well it hurts like hell too," I mumble.
"Adele that's not good," Michael says stating the obvious.
"I know, you don't need to remind me," I grumble.
"When did that happen!?" Michael yells.
"When I came back from the possession," I whisper.
"What?"
"When I came back from the possession!" I snap.
"Oh...." Michael trails off. His eyes widen, "Oh," he says.
That's when I flashback to when I first had the cut on my leg. I remember Luke telling me it was his fault...Because if I was never choking him, Michael would've never sliced my leg.
So basically it's my fault.
If I had never of been choking Luke this never would've happened.
If I never got possessed this never would've happen.
"Luke told me that I was choking him. And since I was choking him, you tried to save him. And then you sliced my leg," I say, imagining the scene in my head.
"I remember that," I hear Luke say. I snap my head his direction.
He stands up, towering high.
His ears have dry blood coming out of them, and his shirt has drops of dark blood too. His face is a bit scratched up, and his neck has a bruise on it. On top of that there's his hair, messy and flat because of all of the life threatening events.
"Luke," Michael says happily, standing up.
"Thank you, Michael," Luke whispers.
Michael then hugs Luke softly so he doesn't hurt him or himself. Luke rest his head on Michaels shoulder as Michel buries his head into Luke's. For some reason seeing them like this makes me happy. Especially for Michael after what he's been telling me. I've come to learn that without theses boys, Michael won't be able to function properly. Even if they annoy him ever so often.
"I'm glad you're okay," Michael says exiting the hug.
"I'm not okay," Luke mumbles.
"Well-you're alive," Michael sighs.
"I'm glad you're alive too...We thought you were dead," Luke admits.
"Why?" Michael questions.
"Illusions....Unless this is an illusion right now-"
"It's not! I'm real, and so is she. We're both alive and not evil," Michael explains worried.
Luke then looks to me who sits on the floor. And as hard as it is, I look up to him as well. Our eye contact connecting us.
"Good to know your alive," Luke whispers, I nod.
"It's good to see you're breathing as well," I respond with a fake smile.
So awkward.
I mean, last time I saw him it was heated. And maybe that's why. Maybe that's the reason why it's awkward.
But what if that's not why it's awkward?
What if it's awkward for a different reason?
What if it's because he doesn't like me anymore?
"In this illusion that happened you were decapitated by Michael," Luke says strangely.
Michael steps away from Luke a bit nodding. I purse my lips tightly and look at Michael.
"Well, uh- that obviously didn't happen....As you can see her head is...on her body," Michael gulps.
It then gets quiet.
Until I can't help but laugh.
"It wasn't funny,"' Luke snaps.
I stop. A little hurt by his reaction for a split second, but I cover it up with a fast comeback.
"Well maybe I'm not laughing at that," I snap back.
"Well then why are you laughing?" Luke asks, acting like a jackass. But I can tell from the smirk at then end of his sentence, things are going to be just fine between us.
"I was laughing because I thought of something funny," I answer. Michael scoffs.
"Bullshit-"
"Shut the fuck up," I snap a Michael jokingly.
"Buurrrrrn," Luke chants.
"Luke, you're not cool!" Michael yells over him.
"Well being cool isn't cool," I add, defending Luke. Michael smiles at me.
"Then what is cool?" Michael asks.
"Being a loser," I respond.
It then gets quiet again. Michael still has a grin on his face, which then quickly turns into a yawn. When he did that it reminded me how heavy my eyelids felt, and how there are probably  dark circles under my eyes.
"Um, Michael?" Luke says.
"Yeah?" Michael responds.
"Can I tell you something?" Luke mumbles.
"Uh, yeah," Michael answers.
"Okay, Um..." Luke starts.
Luke then walks up a little closer to Michael and starts to whisper in his ear. I sit on the floor confused.
"Wait, what's going on?" I asks. Luke then pulls away from Michael as he nods.
"I'll try," Michael mumbles to Luke.
"Try what?" I ask as Michael walks over to Ashton who's huddled up in the corner.
Ashton!
I almost forgot about him because he's been so quiet.
"Um, Michaels just gonna talk to Ashton....He's become really scared now after everything that's happened,"
Luke mumbles, sitting down next to me.
"Oh," is all I can say.
Ashton must be completely freaked out right now. Last I saw him was when he let go...I remember he had some secret with the ghost he wasn't telling us. And that's why he got attacked pretty hardcore.
"Do you know what his secret is?" I whisper. Luke sighs.
"No....he didn't really talk to me when all of this was happening. He stayed quiet and cried the whole time basically," Luke whispers back. He then bites his lip, "I'm really worried about him," Luke says extremely hushed.
I nod, "Me too."
It then gets quiet as me and Luke watch Michael sit down next to Ashton. Ashton's huddled up in a little ball, head buried in his knees. Michael goes to sit down next to him, using his gentle voice and sympathetic words to get him out of his little nest. But Ashton just nods no, too scared to even lift his head because he's been tricked so many times.
I look to Luke and see how nervous he is for Ashton. His face is filled with worry and he keeps his eyes glued on his friends crumpled up body. It makes me nervous, because if Luke grows nervous it will effect the group even more.
So, I try to do what I do best. And that is lightening the mood.
"That flannel of yours is really holding up," I joke. Luke snap out of his trance once I say that.
"Yeah, it's struggling," he says examining his flannel.
"The one sleeve thing really completes the look," I joke.
"Hey, it's not my fault a bookshelf almost killed me today. It's better to have a missing sleeve than a crushed body," Luke says.
"Yeah, fair enough. I just don't understand why you don't rip off the other sleeve," I shrug.
"Because then I'll be cold," Luke says.
"I doubt it will make that much of a difference," I laugh.
"Oh really? Well what about you with your shirt that's all ruined. You got blood all over your Blink shirt Adele. Looks like you had your god damn period," Luke rants.
I can't help but laugh at his seriousness.
"Okay, first off that's not really how periods work. Secondly, I can at least wash my shirt and wear it again. You fucking demolished yours," I snap back playfully.
"Fine, then I'll fix mine since you can't just expect my ways of fashion," Luke jokingly growls. He then takes the sleeve that is still on his flannel, and rips it off. I clap for him, trying not to stare at him in awe.
"I'm so proud of you," I say sarcastically, as he holds his ripped sleeve in his hand.
He now sits there in a flannel muscle tee, which looks like it could've of been bought at a store or something. Or maybe it's just because everything looks good on him. I'm not sure which.
"Yeah I know, I'm great," Luke says unenthusiastically. I giggle.
"You are," I add.
"Well, what about you? What do you have to do? I ripped off my sleeve to fit your stander, so now you have to fit mine," Luke says.
"Well what's your so called, 'standard' " I ask, putting quotation marks up with my hands.
Luke then sighs, slouches over, and thinks. He examines my beaten body, messy hair, and dark eyes.
"Any day now."
"Sorry it's just you don't have any flaws," Luke says softly.
I look down, my cheeks heated. He can be so cute.
"Trust me, I've got plenty of flaws," I grunt.
"Yeah? Like what?" Luke says. I look up at him with a slightly annoyed look.
"My hair, it's so thin and it bothers me like crazy. My nose has so many freckles on it and it weirds me out. My eyes are poo colored and my smile really bothers me-"
"Dude," Luke says.
"I'm not done-"
"No stop, I don't need you to continue with a list of things you think are ugly about you. It's stupid, all the things you listed are actually things that I find attractive. Like thin hair, if I wanted to braid your hair it wouldn't be hard, if you had thick hair it would. The freckles on your nose are adorable and your eyes are extremely pretty. And when you smile, it's contagious. If you smile I smile," Luke finishes, basically slaying my ass.
But in the most kindest and romantic way possible.
"...You're really good," I smirk, looking down.
"Yeah? Well, I try," Luke says. "But, their is one thing about you that I'm worried about," he continues.
"What?" I asks.
"That," Luke says pointing to the cut on my leg.
"It's fine-"
"Adele that is not fine. That is the opposite of fine. I mean, it's obviously infected or something," Luke says.
"Well.....I can't really do anything about that....." I trail off.
"Does it hurt?" Luke asks.
"Yeah but I've kinda just blocked it out," I mumble, looking down.
"No, Adele that's not good. You're supposed to be in pain-"
"Luke it's fine. Don't worry," I say quietly.
"Stop saying that. You don't need to pretended with me," Luke huffs. I bite my lip and look down.
"You think I pretend?" I asks, mumbling under my breath.
"Yeah, I think you pretend. And I think you do it because you think you need to be there for everyone else," Luke says. I nod no.
"I don't pretend," I whisper.
"Remember when we were playing that spin the bottle game and you were so fed up you couldn't take it anymore? And you left? And then I came down after you and you were gonna kill yourself? Remember that?" Luke says. I become quiet and confused.
"Yeah," I whisper.
"That's how I know you pretend," Luke says back.
"But Luke, I was holding the knife-"
"And it was your choice to pick it up," Luke says, cutting me off.
It's as if he knows my emotions better than I do. I didn't realize I felt that way back then until he pointed it out. I didn't piece any of that together. I thought I was just feeling fear. I thought that was my only feeling back then.
And by back then I mean a few hours back.
God I feel like I've been in here for days already.
"Now, are you gonna let me help you with this cut you have?" Luke asks. I clear my dry throat, wishing I had water.
"Yeah," I respond.
"Okay good. You see, I'm not a nurse or anything, but based on past experiences I think I know what to do," Luke says.
"Oh really? What's that?" I asks smirking.
"We need to clean it," Luke replies. I snort.
"Yeah? With what water?" I say.
"The bathrooms," Luke answers.
My jaw drops at the thought of the bathroom. And the fact that Luke thinks it will be a good idea to go in it.
"Luke, that's a bad idea. I doubt the water will even work," I say, trying to convince him out of this.
"Well, according to this text," Luke starts, then pulling the phone out of his pocket. "We have thirty minutes."
"Right, you've read the text," I say under my breath.
"And that means they can't control the water in the bathroom," Luke says.
Damn it.
Why is he so convincing.
But before I could answer, a sudden moaning sound echoes throughout the room. My head snaps forward to where it came from.
I see Calum start to sit up. My body tenses when he does, scared that maybe he's not going to be fully back to normal. I glance over at Michael, surprised to see he even looks a bit traumatized. My eyes then move back to Calum as he sits up and grabs at his stomach.
"C-Calum?" Michael calls.
But instead of Calum responding either normally or angrily, something else's happens. He bends over, and throws up.
Michael exhales loudly as the worry on his face disappears. He then looks to me and nods. I then look back at Calum, who looks shocked that he just threw up everywhere.
"...You okay?" Michael asks. Calum slowly looks up at him, still in shock.
"I feel sick," Calum responds. Michael nods, then looks down at the puddle of throw up in disgust.
"Well, at least you're alive," Michael says.
I notice how Ashton is out of his little huddled up ball. His legs are out like mine and his face can now be seen. He must of calmed down.
"Um, I'm gonna take Adele to the bathroom to clean her leg up. If that's okay with you guys...." Luke says braking the silence.
"Yeah....do that. Just uh, bring Ashton with you. I'll deal with Calum," Michael nods, now looking a bit overwhelmed.
I look at Calum one more time to see he was already looking at me. His eyes staring deeply into mine, I smile.
"You did it. Your planned worked," I say to him. He looks down and nods.
"I told you you weren't gonna loose us," Calum says, I smile.
"It was a close call," I whisper.
"Let's go get that cut cleaned up," Luke inturupts. I can tell he still a bit scared of Calum.
"Yeah," I say, then getting up.
It hurts a lot to get up though.
Probably cause I'm thinking about the pain.
Luke notices how I struggle, so he grabs my arm and jerks me up. It shocked me at first that he did that, but it was better than having to pursue with the pain.
"Ashton, come on. You're coming with us," Luke calls, still keeping a firm grip on my arm.
"O-Okay," Ashton squeaks out. He then stands up and hobbles towards us.
"Will be back in ten minutes or so," Luke says to Michael.
"Okay, will be down here. Please don't die or anything," Michael says worried.
"Don't worry, it's right next door. You're probably gonna hear us talking the whole time," Luke says, speaking the truth.
We then all make are way up the stairs. It only hurts my leg a little because I try not to put so much pressure on it. But going up and down stairs is a little hard. Walking on a flat surface is easier.
When we reach the door, Luke opens it. He waits for me and Ashton to go through it, but saying both of us are too scared we just end up staring at the dark hallway for far too long. Luke then nods and squints at us, before he then enters first. He's then followed by me, and followed by Ashton.
"That cut on your head got worse," Luke says to Ashton.
"Yeah my head h-hurts," Ashton says as we enter the bathroom. I glance at Ashton to see a new, gashing cut in his forehead.
"Here, I have an idea," Luke says.
Luke then makes his way towards the sink, his sleeve in hand. But right as he turns the knob something strange happens. I notice that he quickly goes and grabs at his ear, as if it was aching hard. He squints his eyes shut and grits his teeth from about five seconds, until it seems to be over. He then keeps opening his jaw, like you do when your ears are popped.
"Are you okay?" I ask, a little alarmed.
"I don't know. My ear just started to ache even harder than it was before and now I can hear myself breathing in my ear," Luke says, making weird facial expressions.
"Your ear was aching before?" I asked concerned.
"It hasn't stopped aching since they were bleeding," Luke mumbles. He the shakes his head, "I'm fine. Don't worry about it," Luke says, trying to act like his ear doesn't hurt one bit.
"Okay...." I trail off, just a bit worried.
Luke then brings his sleeve under the faucet. He then reaches out for he knob, and turns it.
It works.
Water comes out of it.
"Holy shit!" Exclaim.
I quickly before anyone else can, put my mouth under the faucet and lather up as much water as I can. It felt so good to drink something, especially after hours and hours on non stop running.
When I pull away Luke does the same. He drinks for a bit longer than me, using his tongue to catch water as if he was a dog. But before he lifts his head up, he washes his face. Cleansing off all the sweat during the process.
"My turn," Ashton squeaks, then doing what both me and Luke did, he does it for a shorter time though, seeming a bit paranoid throughout it.
Right when Ashton lifts his head Luke takes his sleeve and puts it under the rushing water. He then takes the damped sleeve and looks at Ashton.
"I don't think that's gonna help-"
But before Ashton can finishes, Luke starts trying the sleeve around his head as if it was a bandanna. It covers up the gruesome cut that was on his forehead. Ashton can't help but smile as Luke ties the sleeve in the back.
"Cute," I joke. But Ashton only smiles in return.
"Okay," Luke sighs when he finishes tying the sleeve.
"Luke...maybe we should just-"
"No, Adele. It's your turn. No excuses,"
Luke says then pushing me past him
"Fine," I grumble.
Luke looks around himself until his eyes light up with realization. He then nods to himself and turns his body towards Ashton.
"Ashton, will you get the pillow case off the pillow from the bedroom next door?" Luke asks.
"Alone?" Ashton whispers. "No fucking way-"
"Come on Ash," Luke pleads.
"Why can't you do it?" Ashton whines.
"Because I can't," Luke mumbles.
"What do you mean you can't? Luke just go and do it yourself-"
"I'll do it," I say quietly, helping Luke. Ashton looks at me with wide eyes for a second, maybe because I cut him off.
But Luke can't go in there. I mean, he can, but I don't want him to. Saying last time he was in there he got dragged under the bed. 
I then rush out the bathroom before anyone can stop me from helping. I quickly make my way next door and open then only entryway in the room.
My heart starts to beat fast.
Theirs blood everywhere.
I speed walk in the room, and keep my eyes glued to the bed. I quickly grab the pillow, and shake it out of the pillow case. But before I can stop myself, I glance over to the wall. I see two bloody handprints stained onto it, sending shivers down my spine.
"Get out of here," I mumble to myself, before then hopping out the room.
When I make it back to the bathroom the boys both stare at me. Luke's shoulders drop and Ashton let's out a sigh. I can tell they were as worried as I was.
"Don't just run off like that," Luke mumbles, then grabbing the pillow case out of my hand.
"Sorry Mom," I snap, but Luke just shakes his head.
"Whatever, Daughter," he plays along.
My heart skips a beat.
"Nice Luke," Ashton says sarcastically.
"Shut up," Luke snaps at him. I can't help but laugh.
"Ha ha," Ashton fake giggles.
"Adele sit on the counter," Luke orders. I sigh, before hoisting myself up onto the sink counter. Surprisingly it was easier than I thought it would be. Luke then goes right beside me and turns on the sink. Water flows out of it as he then puts the pillow case under it to get it wet.
"Now, this hurts. But since your cut isn't as big as the one on my back, it shouldn't take too long," Luke says. I bite my lip nervously.
"Luke we don't need to do this-"
"Oh my god, shut up," Luke says sounding like a basic white girl. I try not to smile but it's hard.
"Fuck you," I mumble, Luke laughs.
"Extend your leg," Luke says, I do as I'm told. He the grabs my ankle, and looks at me one last time. "Brace yourself," he says, then looking down and starting.
And
holy,
shit.
It hurts.
When he first dabs it I kick my leg back and away, wincing because of the  stinging sensation.  
"Fuck no-"
"It will only take me thirty seconds to clean it okay? Just thirty seconds. I know it hurts but trust me on this," Luke says.  My eyes start to water as the feeling of anxiety fills my stomach.
"Okay," I whisper, extending my leg back out. Luke then grabs my ankle again, and goes to dab at it.
I dig my nails into into my skin and look away, waiting for the pain to start.
And then BAM!
There it comes, burning as it hits the edges of my gashing cut. I whimper in pain and continue to hold my breath, digging my nails into my skin yet again. It hurts even more than my other cuts and bruises because of one thing. I know it's coming. And when you know pains coming, it just makes it worse.
"Okay I'm almost done," Luke says.
"Hurry, hurry, hurry, hurry," I plead.
"Okay, I'm done!" Luke exclaims.
I let out a huge sigh as a single tear escapes. I then let my leg fall and quickly wipe the tear away before anyone notices it.
"It's over now, you're all good," Luke says again, I open my eyes and take a deep breath.
"I'm sorry," I say.
"...Why?" Luke asks.
"That you had to go through that a for a even longer time," I respond, Luke nods.
"It helped my back a lot," he mumbles. "Hopefully it will help your cut just as much."
I look down as the gashing cut, and see that all the surrounding blood is gone. This makes the cut look way smaller than before, and way less scarier looking.
"Hey, it's not too bad," I mumble to myself. "If only you weren't such a spaz-"
"What?" Luke says, I look up embarrassed.
Dammit I did it again.
Why do I keep doing that?
"I....didn't say anything," I lie.
"Oh," Luke frowns. "Damn my ears must be pretty messed up," he mumbles.
"Can we go now?" Ashton asks nervously.
"Yeah," Luke responds, but looking at me the whole time.
I then slowly slide off the counter and gently place my feet on the floor, still a bit sensitive. Luke opens the door and Ashton surprisingly exits first. Luke then keeps the door open for me as I walk out, his hand brushes against my back as I pass him.
He then closes the door as Ashton opens the one into the secret room. We all make are was down the stairs, Luke being first, Ashton second, and me last. 
"Okay good your back," Michael sighs as we reach the end of the staircase.
"Yep. We're all good," Luke says putting up an unenthusiastic thumbs up.
"So is Calum, now that he's not puking..." Michael explains awkwardly.
"I've only puked like twice today...." Calum mumbles offended.
"Only twice?" Michael repeats.
"Yeah. Only twice," Calum responds nodding. Michael scoffs.
"That's a lot," he says.
"Better than having slashes on my hands like you do," Calum snaps back.
"....Listen Cal, you can just shut your fucking-"
"Don't swear damn it," Ashton mumbles.
"Bite me," Michael snaps back. Ashton nods and purses his lips together.
"Michael I don't appreciate the ways of savagery, so no," he responds.
"Liar," Calum mumbles.
"I'm hungry!" Michael exclaims, ignoring Ashton.
"I gotta take a piss, but I am not using that toilet that's possessed by satan," Calum's adds.
"Yeah, I wish I had an Advil. An Advil would be nice," Ashton whispers.
"Adele where'd all the food go you had in your hands go when I bumped into you?" Michael asks.
"I dropped it in the street," I mumble.
"Oh fudge pops," Michael responds.
That's when I notice Luke has sat down, his head in hands.
I hope he's okay.
But I don't asks, saying no one else is bothered by it.
"So...what are we supposed to do now?" Calum asks.
"Sit and wait," Michael answers.
"For what?"
That's when I hear it.
The buzz of the phone.
Everyone's heads snap to Ashton, who holds the phone in his hand now. Ashton's breathing quickens, and tears start to form making his eyes glassy.
"Shit," Michael whispers in fear.
"The times up," I say in shock. "Holy fuck the time-"
"Calm down, let Ash read the text," Luke says, his voice shaky.
How did I pass by so fast?
I thought it would feel longer than this?
"I don't wanna read it-"
"Read it," Luke orders.
Ashton then gulps and opens his mouth to speak, "Okay, times up. And I'm glad too. We have another mini game for you guys to play," Ashton starts.
"Oh no," Michael whines.
"Have you ever heard of the game, Murder in the Dark?" Ashton says.
"What?" Calum says in fear. "We're playing that?"
"That's what it says," Ashton whispers.
"But-"
"Just let him finish!" Luke yells annoyed.
"Oh sorry for asking," Calum replies sarcastically.
"Continue Ashton," Luke mumbles.
"...You'll find a deck of cards in Michaels back pocket, but keep them facing down or else consequences will occur," Ashton reads.
Michael then slowly pulls out five cards that were from a deck. His face first filled with shock, but after a few seconds he just nods and puts them on the floor. He makes sure they're face down the whole time.
"In the version we play, there is no police officer. Only the murder, detective, and three victims. Just in case you've never played before, we will explain the rules. You all pick a card, murder being the ace, a jack being the detective, and the victims being one of the random numbered cards. The murderers goal is to kill the victims and detective, or else he will have to suffer other consequences. The detectives job is to catch the murder, once that's done he wins. The victims job is to, well-not get murdered. Also, to help the detective catch the murder. So, as you can see, it's pretty simple-"
"There's nothing simple about that," Calum mumbles.
"let him finish," Luke sternly, hushing Calum yet again.
"Calm down Luke. It's not a big deal if I open my mouth every once in a while," Calum mumbles.
"So, let's begin. All of you pic a card. On your card is a written a location that's in the house were you will wait for exactly 14 minutes for your time time start. And do you want to know why we picked 14? To celebrate that you've made it 14 hours. That's more than half way you know..." Ashton continues. "So, good luck. And let the games begin."
It then gets really quiet.
No one says a word, because nobody wants are break from hell to end.
Thirty minute gone by so fast...
"Shit," Calum exclaims breaking the silence.
"Wait-so...that's it? That's all they wrote?" Michael asks.
"Well there's a smiley face at the end but I thought it be better if I didn't mention that..." Ashton trails off, licking his lips.
Another long pause in conversation occurs.
Until Calum opens his mouth again.
"I don't wanna play," he nods, hugging his knees.
"We don't really have a choice," Ashton mumbles.
Michael then slaps Calum's arm  "You should pick a card," he pressures.
"What?! I don't wanna go first!" Calum exclaims.
"Fine...I will then," Michael snaps, then picking a card and standing up.
I then snap out of my trance and walk towards the pile of cards.
"I guess I'll pick too," I sigh, then bending down and grabbing the card.
I quickly turn the card over as I stand, to see what I got. I got a victim, which I'm kinda happy about. A bit scared, but at least I'm not the murderer.
Calum then groans as he picks up a card and sighs. Once he sees what he gots he nods no and rolls his eyes.
Ashton then quietly walks over and snatches a card before anyone could protest. I can see the fear in his eyes.
Last but not least, Luke walks over and picks up the last card. When he does he bits his lip and looks like he's thinking. He then gulps and looks to Michael.
"So what do we do now?" He asks.
"I guess we all part to are locations now....right?" Michael says.
"Yeah...." I whisper.
It then gets really quiet- again- as we all stand there. None of us wanting to play.
Michael then nods, sighing as he does.
"Might as well do what we're told," he says, then marching up the stairs.
We all look at him a shock as he starts up the game. I then head Luke sigh, causing me to snap my head his direction. He nods at me.
"Good luck," he says, then heading off like Michael.
Shit.
"You too," I whisper, but he doesn't hear me.
My heart starts to beat faster and I look back to Calum, as Ashton then quietly walks up the stairs. Calum stares at me, not saying anything at all.
I known both of us really don't wanna go.
I also know we have to.
We don't have a choice.
"Don't fuck up and die okay?" I say.
"I'm not playing," Calum nods.
"Yes you are," I whisper.
Calum doesn't responds.
I then decide to turn my back to him, and head up the stairs. Afraid of what's coming next.
Hopefully Calum decides to play.
He knows the consequences for what happens if you don't.
And that consequence is death.
-------------
SORRY THAT TOOK TWELVE YEARS
BUT WHEN I FIRST WROTE IT I FORGOT TO SAVE IT AND I WAS LIKE FML AND THEN SCHOOL STARTED AND I TEMPORALY DIED AND COULD NOT EVER STAY AWAKE
So yea
Anywhoooooo
Srry this kinda sucked
Next chapters will be way more exiting and better
I think I'm gonna change my cover soon bc my covers like meh
Does anyone else wanna be in a band or is that just me
tony perry is a cute little turtle idc what u say
JET BLACK HEART IS SO GOOD HOLY PANCAKES ITS AMAZING
K well VOTE COMMENT READ
I wish i had a trampoline
Sorry for grammar and spelling errors...
I LOVE U ALL SOOOOO MUCH THX FOR READING OK BYe