Chapter Twelve

Me and Luke rush down the stairs, my heart races as we reach the bottom. I'm afraid of what I'll find in the kitchen.
"Adele I'm sorry I did this," Luke says quickly.
"Let's just go- it's gonna be okay," I say not making much sense.
I'm too busy freaking out over the situation I'm in right now. And too many questions run through my head for me to think straight. I still have questions about stuff that happened awhile ago. Like, why was Ashton was acting so weird? Or how Calum's writing all over the ceiling? Now I have to deal with things like, how did Luke see me in a room full of mirrors that I wasn't in? and where Michael and Ashton?
WAIT.
WHERE IS MICHAEL AND ASHTON.
I stop once we reach the kitchen when that thought pops into my head.
"Oh no!" I whine covering my mouth.
"I'm sorry," Luke says out of habit.
"No, no I forgot about Ashton and Michael" I say, Luke looks down to me.
"What are you talking about?" He says.
I look up to him, his face absurdly close to mine making me look away.
"The text-I needed to find you all-how many minutes until the hours up?" I asks impatiently.
"I don't know, the phone doesn't show time" Luke says shrugging.
I curses under my breath and the continue walking into the kitchen, I don't see Calum in here. Of course.
So now I only have one of the four boys. And that one might be a murderer.
Fantastic.
"Well," I start, but then decide not to finish. I just look up at Luke instead.
"How did he...." Luke says in shock walking into the kitchen, I stand there and watch him.
He walks around the counter about eight times. Each time he goes around his face shows a more confused look than before.
"But I-how.....Calum Hood you smart ass," he says mumbling that last part.
"Where is he?" I whine as Luke then looks up to me and shrugs.
I groan in response.
"No, that's not good. I need you all by the end of the hour or else-oh no okay, Luke I need to ask you some questions" I rant.
"Okay, shoot," Luke says clapping his hands once. The blood on them had dried.
"Alight, so when you guys split up where did everyone go?" I ask rushed.
"Uh, I just know me and Calum went into the kitchen but then after the uh...well you know... I ran off scared to a room down that way" Luke says awkwardly pointing behind him.
"Okay...so that means you don't know where Michael and Ashton are?" I asks.
"Yeah," Luke quickly responds.
"Okay uh, so do you think Calum would follow you to the room or.....not" I say trying to speed up my talking.
"Well, that would be really stupid of him. Then again, this is Calum were talking about so...maybe" Luke reasons.
I then see Luke flinch as he looks down at the phone in his hand.
"Lemme guess, a text?" I say walking towards him, he gulps loudly.
"Yeah, a text" he responds, "it says that uh- we should check rooms we've already been in basically," Luke says shutting off the phone before I can read it.
"Um...okay, let's check the room down here you went in first," I say stepping back.
"Uh, yeah" Luke stutters, then squeezing past me and walking straight to were a door is slightly opened. I follow him as he opens the door and looks in. "Okay he's not here let's go" Luke says quickly turning around.
"What-Luke! We need go in a look" I say poking my head into the room, it looks like a mirror maze in there.
I then look back to Luke who's back faces me, he sighs and turns around.
"But I don't think I should go in there Adele- here, I have an idea. You go in there and look for Calum, I will search the rooms we've been in down here for Ash and....Michael. And when we're done we can meet by the stairs. Plus, if Calum's in there....I just don't think I can talk to him right now. I just-he won't want to see me," Luke says.
At first I wanna say no, but then I start to think maybe it's a good idea. We're both staying downstairs, it's not like it would be hard to find one another.
"Um.....okay, yeah just don't go upstairs. And don't search new rooms, okay?" I say, butterflies fill my stomach as Luke nods.
"Okay- um see you later then," he says.
"Yeah..." I say gulping.
I look to towards the room, then at Luke.
"I'm-" he starts, but I then run up to him and hug him. I'm scared, sad, angry, worried-and just everything. It felt nice to hug Luke. I mean, there's a chance that I'll never see him again. I then let go, and quickly turn away from him.
I don't look his way as I enter the room.
It's filled with mirrors.
Everywhere I turn I see my reflection.
What the fuck?
What's the point of having a room filled with mirrors? This is literally a mirror maze. why is this in a house? Like, this place is already weird enough. Now we have a this to deal with?
Great.
"Um, hello?" I call.
Then it happens, the door closes. I sigh and purse my lips, "yeah, that's what I thought" I mumble.
There's still a chance that somebody's in here though. I mean, last time I was in a room it was quiet at first....and then I found Luke.
I walk forward, nervous because of the mix of being alone and how quiet it is. I end up bumping into a mirror, confused I step back and rub my nose since that's what hurt the most from bumping into it. I then look back to the door....but then I see another door on the opposite side...and in front of me, I see the door.
Theses stupid mirrors messing with my brain.
"Is anyone in here?" I yell, then trying to find which way to walk. I put my hands out infront of me, taking a right. "Michael? Ashton? Calum? Anyone?!" I say..
I then hit another mirror.
"Adele!? Is that you!" I hear somone yell, I gasp and turn around walking forward, where I hit yet, another mirror.
"Jesus Christ- HELLO!" I yell turing around, I find another opening and walk forward, seeing my reflection everywhere.
"Adele!?" I hear somone yell again, I can't tell which one of the boys it is.
"Yeah!?" I yell back, not knowing what else to say.
"Wha-It's Michael! Were are you-"
"MICHAEL?!" I scream cutting him off.
"What!? Are you okay!? Awe crap, what happened?!" Michael yells scared.
I then hear a thud and turn around to see him.
"Oh thank god" I say sighing, then walking towards him only to find a mirror in the way.
"Adele thank god you there I've been stuck in here forever and I can't find the god damn door. Luke was in here before and then he-" he then gets cut off when he runs into a mirror.
That's when I realize that I was looking at his reflection. I turn around but then see three other Michaels and three other me's.
"And then he left and I've been stuck in here forever," Michael finishes.
"I'm just glad I found you because everyone was gone when I woke up- and I need to find you all before the- wait...Luke left you in here?" I say stopping.
Michael walks into another mirror helplessly.
"Yeah, he was acting strange. He was freaking out and saying all this weird stuff," Michael says, then looking down at his feet as he walks forward.
"Uh- wait, that's weird...Hey, do you by any chance know were Ashton and Calum are...?" I ask confused.
Why would Luke ditch Michael? What's wrong with him?
"Nope. Last I saw Ashton was when he stormed upstairs. And Calum, last time I saw him was when he stormed off into the kitchen. And Luke for some strange reason went with him," Michael says.
He sounds so calm for someone who's been stuck in a mirror maze all alone for quite a long time. It makes me wonder.....
"Michael has anything been going on in here? You seem surprisingly calm..." I ask, again bumping into a mirror.
How many mirrors can there be?
"Oh-ah haha, I don't know just...." He then trails off and turns, where he then seems to appear closer to me. I try and walk closers to him, but I end up plowing my face into a mirror. Again.
"Okay so something did happen," I say conclude.
"Well- I mean-"
"You didn't kill anyone right?" I ask nervously.
"No! I don't think anyone here's in that stage of madness yet" Michael says.
I then stop walking.
"Um...." I start, then gulping loudly.
"Oh....did you kill Luke?" Michael asks, but in a joking tone.
He smiles, but I keep a fare stare to the ground.
"More like Luke uh- did some stuff....." I say trailing off.
Michael looks confused. I think he thinks I'm joking with him.
"Wait, what are you trying to say?" Michael says stopping, I look forward at what is now his reflection.
"Luke tried to kill Calum," I blurt out.
Michael  freezes for a second, but then shakes his head and looks at my reflection.
"Um...Adele that's not funny," Michael says harshly.
"I know...." I trail off.
"Don't say stuff like that," he mumbles looking down.
"But Michael, I don't wanna lie to you," I say.
Michael looks up and me with innocent eyes.
"Adele stop, that's not funny," he repeats, but quietly.
"I know it's not, but it's the truth!" I yell turning around to see that he's right behind me.
The real Michael. Not a reflection.
I stand there with a look of sorrow as his facial expression turns cold.
"Adele what's going on?" he asks sternly.
"What-I don't know. It's just I was in this room with Luke and his hands were bloody and he told me that he-"
"CALUMS DEAD?!" Michael yells, his eyes turn glassy.
"N-" but I can't even let out a single word before Michael cuts me off.
"LUKE KILLED CALUM?! IS THAT WHAT YOUR TRYING TO TELL ME?! CALUMS DEAD?! HES GONE?! I'LL NEVER SEE HIM ALIVE AGAIN!? WHERE IS HE!? WHERES LUKE?! WHERES CALUM?! WHERE OUR THE PEOPLE I CARE ABOUT?! WHEN WE ENTERED THIS HOUSE EVERYONE CHANGED! CALUM BECAME VIOLENT, ASHTON BECAME SECRETIVE, I BECAME THE CALM ONE AND I CANT BE THE CALM ONE! AND LUKE IS BY WHAT YOUR TELLING ME A MURDER?! ADELE WHAT IS GOING-"
"FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MICHAEL STOP YELLING AT ME!! I DONT KNOW IF CALUMS DEAD LUKE SAID HE DIDNT KILL HIM BUT I DONT KNOW!!" I yell in the same tone, cutting Michael off. He still looks angry but stays quiet. "Do you know how scary it is to be told that someone you barely know- and our LOCKED IN A ROOM WITH IS A MURDER!? DO YOU KNOW HOW SCARED I WAS!! I WAS SO SCARED-"
"ADELE SHUT UP YOU ARENT THE ONLY ONE WHOS HAD TO DEAL WITH THIS SCARY SHIT!! THIS ROOM, THIS VERY ROOM WHERE IN RIGHT NOW. IVE BEEN HEARING WHISPERING! SOMEONES WHISPERING IN MY EAR! AND THEN I TURN AROUND AND ITS A BLACK BLUR-"
"I GOT PUSHED INTO A ROOM BY SOMETHING TO ONLY RUN INTO A BLOOD COVERED HAND IN THE DARK! AND IT WAS THE ROOM WITH NO DOORKNOB ON THE OTHER SIDE AND I WAS TRAPPED-"
"IVE BEEN TRAPPED IN HERE FOR AGES IT FEELS LIKE! SEEING REFLECTION AFTER REFLECTION OF ME AND OTHERPEOPLEIDONTEVENKNOW-"
"IVE BEEN DEALING WITH YOU GUYS THIS WHOLE TIME! FIGHTING AND BICKERING! YOU KNOW HOW MAD I AM AT LUKE RIGHT NOW? CALUM COULD BE DEAD! AND THANKS TO HIM I HAVE TO HEAR YOU YELL AT ME-"
"DONT YOU DARE BLAME THIS ON LUKE! IF YOU HADNT KISSED CALUM-"
"HE KISSED ME!-"
"BUT YOU LIKED IT!-"
"YEAH SO?! WHY DOES IT MATTER?!"
"DO YOU NOT CARE ABOUT ANYONE ELSES FEELINGS ADELE!?"
"MICHAEL LETS JUST REMBER YOU WHERE THE ONE WHO PUCNHED YOUR FIRNED IN THE FACE BECAUSE OF YOUR FEELINGS-"
"ADELE HE WAS GOING TO GET PUNCHED SOONER IT LATER AND IT WASNT JUST ME IT WAS LUKE TOO-"
"OH? SO NOW ITS OKAY TO BLAME THINGS ON LUKE?! I THOUGHT THAT THIS WAS ALL MY FAULT!"
"IT IS! YOU WERE THE ONE TO LEAD US INTO THIS HOUSE IN THE FIRST PLACE-"
"YOU WERE THE ONE WHO PUSHED ME INTO THE STREET! AND THIS NEVER WOULDVE HAPPENED INF YOU DIDNT DO THAT-"
"YEAH WELL THE MOB WOULDNT OF BEEN CHASING US IF IT WASNT FOR ALL OF YOU FANS NOT GIVING US ANY PERSONAL SPACE-"
"OHHHH SHUT UP!!! ITS YOUR FAULT FOR BEING FAMOUS!! YOU WERE THE ONE WHO AGREED TO TOUR WITH ONE DIRETION AND GET FAMOUS!"
"YEAH BUT THE ONLY REASON HALF THOSE FANS CHASE US IS BECUASE OF LUKE!! THEY ALL LOVE LUKE!!!"
"OH BUT LETS NO FORGET YOU WERE THE ONE WHO STARTED THE BAND MICHAEL! SO THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!!"
"YEAH WELL WE WOULNT OF HAD A BAND IF WE NEVER POSTED THOSE VIDEOS ON YOUTUBE AND DID THOSE GIGS SO-"
"THATS NOT AN EXCUSE-"
"WELL IF LUKE DIDNT HAVE A YOUTUBE PAGE OR WHATEVER WE WOULDN'T HAVE HAD FANS!! SO YOUR RIGHT THIS IS ALL LUKES FAULT!"
"I TOLD YOU!!"
"NO YOU DIDNT!"
"WHAT ARE YOUT TALKING ABOUT YES I-"
I get cut off by a high pitched, ear piercing scream. It's so loud it causes me to stumble back and cover my ears. All of sudden the room becomes darker, and one by one the mirrors crack. Each and every one shattering into thousands of pieces. It makes my heart race, and my eyes squeeze shut. I hold my breath in fear and crouch down as if a gun has been fired. My body stays stiff as the last mirror cracks and the un-human scream comes to an end. No more reflections, just a broken maze.
I slowly take my hands away from my ears, I turn to Michael to see he does the same. I look him in the eyes. He doesn't look mad anymore, just scared.
"Are you okay?" He whispers, I nod.
"Are you?" I whisper back.
"Yeah," he says.
It then becomes quiet. We don't speak. We don't move. We just look down at our feet, both confused and obviously both scared.
"I didn't mean to yell at you," I whisper keeping a stern stare to the ground. Bits of glass our scattered across it.
"Me neither, I just-" he starts,  then taking a deep breath. "I can't loose theses guys there the best thing that's ever happened to me," Michael says, I nod sympathetically.
"This isn't your fault so, I'm sorry for accusing you if it" I say.
"I'm sorry too, this isn't your fault either. I mean, it's no ones fault. Nobody knew this was gonna happen," Michael says.
"Not even Luke," I state, Michael then frowns.
"Is it actually true, did Luke actually....." He trails off.
"That's what he told me....but I guess the only way to actually find out is to find Calum," I say, my throat itches from yelling back and fourth.
"Your right," Michael says, he walks towards me, "it's this way I think," he says pointing to the hall behind me.
"Uh, yeah" I say then following him.
Without the mirrors confusing us, we find the door extremely quickly. I explain that Luke's looking for the rest in the other rooms. It makes Michael think twice about leaving, but I get him to come out. I think we both are still in shock about that screeching noise and all the mirrors breaking.
When we reach the door, I open it first stepping out. Michael then cautiously steps out, looking both ways for Luke. He's not there. So, we then walk over to the stairs where me and Luke agreed to meet. But I don't see Luke.
I see Ashton.
"Ashton?" Michael questions.
Ashton lays his back against the door, he smiles and fiddles with something in his hands. he then shoves whatever it was in his pocket and smiles.
"You know what? An hour can go by so fast," he says. I step back next to Michael, who weirdly stares at Ashton.
"Uh-you're okay. That's good" Michael states.
Ashton then laughs and moves towards Michael.
"Oh Michael.....Michael Clifford I am not okay," he says smiling.
He then steps back, making Michael move closer to me scared.
"I am most definitely not okay. Actually, I'm terrible. I'm not even myself anymore," Ashton continues. "I think I'm dead actually. I think I've died" he says, Michael gives me a look and I give him the same one in return. "But, at the same time....I feel so alive!" He yells happily throwing his arms up. "I have the ability to do so much now......so, so, so, much," Ashton says clasping his hands together. "You know Adele....as you and Michael fought about that little blood bath innocent....you didn't realize that the phone was in your hand the whole time....and you didn't realize you got a text," Ashton smirks.
My eyes widen and I get goosebumps as I glance down to see by my side, I am in fact holding the phone. My breathing becomes choppy as I bring it up towards my face and I click the home button to see a text.
And the three most horrifying words get absorbed into my eyes.
Another hour up.
Sent five minutes ago.
"No," I say.
I then look up to Ashton who smiles. He runs his tongue over his teeth, cleaning them off.
"One contender lost, four more surviving," Ashton sneers.
I stand there in shock. Michael looks at me confused but doesn't dare open his mouth.
"But you see, we're nice....so we decided, why not keep the kid alive instead?" Ashton says pacing back and fourth now. "We can just use him as another weapon." he then takes a knife out of his pocket. "To kill" he states.
Ashton then flings the knife at my head, I let out a bloodcurdling scream and duck for dear life.
"Ashton?" Michael questions scared.
"How about we play another game," Ashton says, as then knife that was just thrown comes flying back into his hand. "This games called tag- no, freeze tag. And if you get stabbed, you're frozen. Forever," Ashton smiles, then taking the knife and putting the tip to the side of his face. "Only, you guys-" he starts to dig the knife into the side of his head, blood trickles out making me gasp. He then pulls out the knife slowly, smiling the whole time. "Only you guys cant hurt me, I'm invincible," he whisper. He then takes the bloody knife and gives Michael and evil glare. "So....to be fair, I'm gonna count to ten. Let you run....go and find the other two. Make this fun for me!" Ashton giggles as he then goes and closes his eyes.
"One," he starts. He turns toward
the wall, "two," he says, I run into the living room. Michael follows.
"Three"
I'm gonna die.
"Four"
I'm not gonna make it.
"Five"
They're our actually ghosts in is house.
"Six"
Ashton is actually possessed.
"Seven"
Luke actually tired to kill someone.
"Eight"
The boys are going mad.
"Nine"
I'm going mad.
"Ten"
Times up.
24 hours.
The game for the brutal.
So brutal we become.
----------------------------------------------
I just wanna apologize for writing this.
ANYWAYS.....
THANK YOU FOR READING VOTING AND COMMENTING!!!
Sorry about grammar errors. I have too many to correct.
THANK YOU THOUGH I HONESTLY CANT BELVIE MY STOTY HAS THIS MANY READS!!! Biiiii Xx