Chapter Eight

"No no no! I hate you guys!" Luke says in disgust as we look through the open door to see dusty stairs going down.
I hear the phone buzz, Michael takes it out of his pocket, which- like usual- wasn't there before. He sighs.
"It says where getting 'warmer' and have 43 minutes left. This probably means that Ash is down here...." Michael says. I gulp loudly as Calum's eyes light up.
"Hey Michael, do you think that-well....you know what just happened to you over there...?" Calum says, his voice gets weaker the more he speaks.
"Yeah..." Michael says looking down.
"Well.... I mean-don't judge me- this could happen- it just-and I mean- well- you- let me speak okay- I don't know maybe, uh..." Calum stutters.
"Spit it out Cal" Luke says annoyed.
"Well, based on my movie experiences, what if it's like a.....you know, a ghost" Calum says. Michael laughs, but his eyes contain a look of fear.
"That's ridiculous I mean....It's stupid ghosts aren't even real" Michael says, Luke slaps Michaels head.
"Don't say that! don't you know anything? In every movie I've ever seen with a ghost, the stupid teenager is all like 'ghost aren't real' and then BAM! They get brutally murder by the underworld" Luke says.
"Well we're not in a movie dumb ass, so shut up" Michael snaps.
He then mumbles something to himself and heads down the stairs. I quickly follow, almost tripping over my own feet.
It's dark, the further we go down the darker it gets. It also get colder, covering my bare arms with goosebumps and making me wish I wasn't wearing a tank top. I try to walk as carefully as I can down the steps, but I get startled when I hear something behind me.
"No..." Calum whines. I turn around to see the door is closed.
I can hear Luke, who's behind me start to breathe heavy.
"Oh god no. No. Not in the basement. No way. This can't happen" Luke rants. He then tries to run back up the stairs.
"Luke no! We need to find Ashton!" Calum yells, then pushing Luke back and making him fall into me.
When he does I find myself slipping off the stair I was on and falling right into Michael. We both bonk heads as he then also falls, hitting the steps hard.
"Ow!" Michael yells, I try to get off him as quickly as I can, but Luke's still on top of me. And before I could even blink, Calum comes crashing down too.
"Calum get off!" Luke screams trying to get Calum off him. Luke struggles, as he tries to roll away and get off me and Michael.
"ANY DAY NOW!" Michael yells practically in my head because I still lay on top of him.
"Calum! Get off! Come on!!" Luke screams again.
"It's not Calum you idiot..."
What.
Now, all at the bottom of the steps, we freeze in fear. Michael sits up and I roll off him, We both breathe heavily. Luke tries to squirm away from whoever just collapsed down on top of him.
"Wh-what?" Luke shakes in fear.
"Calum.....?" Michael whispers nervously.
"I SAID ITS NOT CALUM!" An Australian accent yells.
That makes me, Luke, and Michael scream as we all huddle up close to each other, shoving one and other closer to the human in the room. We all yell orders at each other, one of us screaming that we're gonna die and the other telling us to be calm. I shut my eyes tight waiting for it to end, huddling up close to on of the boys.
"LEAVE US ALONE!!PLEASE!" Luke yells, it makes me ball my hands into fists, I try to contain myself from crying.
Someone else is in this house.
It's a murder.
The person who's been sending us all these texts and secretly living in this house torturing us. Playing a sick, cruel joke on us. I single tear falls down my cheek. Where gonna die.
But then, I hear laughing.
I open my eyes slowly to see that I'm huddle up right in Michaels lap, he breathes heavily. Luke whose next to us lays on the floor with his hands blocking his head. The laughing calms down.
"Just kidding it's Calum."
And we know it is at that moment.
Calum then walks up to us with a big grin on his face and extends a hand out to help us up.
"I really had you guys! You were all like 'where gonna die!'" He says mocking us, he burst out into laughter again.
We all sit there in disbelief as he continues laughing. I don't get it, It wasn't even that funny. But he still mocks us and points fingers. After a good minute or two of us just him laughing, he starts to calm down. Michael then grabs his hand that he extend and hoists himself up. They both stand there face to face. Calum smiles wide, even though I can't see the detail of it in his face, I can feel it.
"Ha ha ha good one Cal..." Michael says as he then takes his fists and rams it into Calum's face making me gasp. Calum stumbles back and falls. "YOU ASSHOLE! WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH YOU! We are in danger right now! We are all gonna die! So joking around like this isn't gonna help us! I hate you Calum! And if anyone should die it should be you! All you've done this whole time is get us into trouble! Like in the room upstairs, you tired running away from us to save yourself! And here! You scare the shit out of all of us! if anyone should die it should be YOU!" Michael screams. Calum stares in disbelief.
Luke, who sits on the ground next to me, also stares in disbelief.
I, even manage to stare in disbelief.
Holy cow remind me not to get him mad.
"Michael, it was just a joke" Calum squeaks nervously, rubbing his face. Michael glares at him.
"Just a joke! Well you can shove that 'joke' up my ass!" Michael yells. Calum's face then turns red with anger.
"Fine! I will then!" he responds standing up.
"Idiot" Michael mumbles as a response.
Calum then grabs the back of Michaels shirt to stop him from walking away, turns him around, and punches him square in the face. Michael stumbles back a bit with a shocked expression.
"Doesn't feel to good does it!?" Calum snaps. Michael growls in frustration and then charges towards Calum, pushing him as hard as he can.
Calum almost falls back in response, but instead he quickly regains his balance and starts to pull on Michael's
hair.
"Calum!" Michael exclaims, then pulling away from him.
They both stare at each other as they breathe heavily.
"Oh, I'm sorry! Did I also break your nail in the process of defending myself?!" Calum yells sarcastically.
Michael then goes to grab Calum's hair but miserably fails when Calum pushes him into the wall. He takes both of Michaels hands and pins him down so he can't defend himself. In responses Michael spits in Calum's face, Calum instantly releases.
"My eye! You just spat in my eye!"
Calum screams.
"Well you just rammed me into a wall! How do you think that felt?!" Michael responds. Calum looks up at him in frustration.
"Like this!" Calum yells then punching Michael in the stomach.
Michael instantly grabs his stomach, moaning in pain. Calum steps back a bit in regret.
"....Sorry I-" but before he could finish, Michael pops up and tackles him to the ground.
"GUYS!" I scream. I then quickly get up, Luke sits there scared. I try and pull Michael away from Calum who are both literally rolling on the floor. "STOP!" I scream again as I finally pull Michael of Calum. Calum then sits up and instantly tires to pin Michael
down again. I put my hand out to stop him, but instead of that helping Calum
rams his hand into my rib cage, causing me to instantly grab at it in pain.
"Stop it!" Calum yells at me, then continuing to try and pounce on Michael.
"Don't push her! She's trying to help! Something you should try sometime!" Michael yells pushing Calum back.
"Oh! Oh really? She helped? The only reason where in this funking house is because of her!" Calum yells pointing at me.
"Shut up Calum!" Luke yells. We all snap our heads back to see Luke who stands up, towering over us.
"Why! Why should I shut up Luke!?!" Calum yells back.
"Because it's my fault if anything! So leave her alone and out of it! I was the one who screamed in the grocery store! Remember?! And that's when the mob chased after us! It was my fault! So leave her alone! And don't touch her! She never intend to hurt you!" Luke yells back. Calum looks at Luke angrily, as he then begins to stand up. When he's on his feet he approaches Luke.
"Fuck you" Calum hisses, then pushing Luke so he almost falls to the floor.
"Oh god Calum you're such a child!"
Luke yells.
"FUCK. YOU!" Calum yells then pushing Luke again so he falls to the floor. I blink and all of a sudden Michael attaching Calum again.
The three boys all yell and swear at each other, until Calum and Michael end up on the ground again. They roll around until Calum pins Michael down and punches him in the face multiple times. I want to move but I feel fuzzy, and nervous.
"CALUM STOP!" Michael screams.
"CALUM!" Luke yells prying him off Michael and pushing him over to where I sit. I scoot away quickly.
"Calum what is wrong with you!" Luke screams, then bending towards Michael who lays on his stomach, clutching his face.
It then gets quiet. Calum stares down at his hands which our shaky and have blood on them. Luke who helps Michael up glares at him, he then walks over to me and helps me up.
"Thanks" I whisper. I look over to Michael who I can see already has a bruise by his chin forming. He wipes blood that was trailing down his nose with the hem of his shirt.
I walk over to him so I'm I between Luke and Michael. Calum sits on the ground looking scared. He looked like a lost puppy, that was beaten slightly. Luke runs his hands through his blond messy hair, looking stressed out and scared. I look to Michael who's looks furious and still rubs his face. The silence starts to bug me, but we all continues to just listen to each other breathe.
"I-I didn't mean to I'm sorry" Calum whispers. It stays quiet, Michael then rolls his eyes and turns around.
"Oh, fuck off" he snaps as he starts to walk into the darkness of the basement "I'm gonna look for Ash" he mumbles. Michael then vanishes from sight.
Me and Luke stand there. We stare at each other both wishing for one of us to come up with a plan. I decide to speak, since I know Luke won't.
"Um, I'll go with him....you should stay here with Calum. We should give them some space...Plus, he seems to be mad at everyone but you" I say quietly to Luke. He then nods and walks over to Calum, then sitting down next to him and exhaling loudly.
"Adele I'm not mad at you..." Calum whispers, "I'm just...."
"I'm sorry I got you into this mess" I say quietly.
"No, Adele...." Calum starts, but I decided to walk away so they don't see the embarrassment on my face.
I walk further into the darkness, adjusting my eyes as I go. Calum
And Luke mumbling to each other becomes fainter as I walk deeper into the dark. I can barley see a thing anymore, there must of been some light from the crack of the door over there. But not here, it's complete darkness.
"Michael?" I call, all of a sudden I hear the phone buzz, a light pops up about twenty feet head of me illuminating Michaels beaten face. I walk over to see him reading a text, I look over his shoulder to see what it says: open the door now, then you'll find yourself even closer.
Michael looks at the phone confused, he then looks at me. I shrug, not knowing what it means. Michael then glances back at the phone and turns the flashlight on. I keep forgetting we can use that, or at least....I think we can. Michael's eyes widen.
"What?" I ask.
"The time" he whispers. I glance at the text below the next clue, the time has disappeared from the phone - which I find funny, but at the same time I feel like saying 'of course that happened'. It says we have 30 minutes left. I bite my lip, hard.
We only have 30 minutes to find Ashton until he's dead to us.
In our luck we figure out where this door is very quickly, Michael shines the light to the wall which is close by. To please our eyes, we see an old rusted metal door. Michael then walks up to it and turns the knob. It makes a loud 'crreeeeeeaaaakkkkkkk' sound as he turns it. The door then pops open into a narrow hallway. To our surprise, it's dark. (Hint the sarcasm).
Michael turns to me with a scared look in his eyes. The hallway is narrow, and small.
WAIT.
The hallway is narrow and small.
No.
Nononononononononnonononononononononononononoooooooo.
I can't do this, that's too small, too tiny, and I'm too much of a claustrophobic freak.
No.
Michael starts to walk down the hall, he then turns around and signals me to come, I nod no.
"Adele come on" he says.
"I-I c-c-can-can't" I stutter.
"What do you mean?" He asks, he looks at me weirdly.
"It's just....well I'm kind of really claustrophobic" I mumble.
"What? Why?" he says.
I gulp down and try to get the horrid memories out of my head.
"No reason....I just don't like tight spaces" I say.
"Don't worry, you'll be fine come on" Michael says soothingly.
"But.....it's so small" I complain.
"Come on, I'll keep you safe I promise" he says extending his hand again.
I stare at his hand, slowly reaching mine out to grab it. Once our hands connect I hold my breath and shut my eyes as if I was going under water. We start walking, I squeeze Michaels hand tightly as I start to run short on air. Once I can't hold my breath any longer I sputter to get air in my lungs and open my eyes. I find myself so close to the walls my arms brush against them. It's either; A, I'm really fat, or B, these
wall our abnormally close. I keep walking, my legs start to get weak and my breathing gets funny. I try to inhale air but it's as if theres barely any air in here. And all the air I do inhale smells old. Like old books. Theres no fresh air. I try to breath in more but I can't, my breathing  becomes shaky and loud as Michael turns back.
"Adele it's okay I promise" he says nervously, but I can't calm down.
I wanna get out of hear. I wanna run ahead and then end up in a nice open space. But my legs are to weak to run, and the lack of air doesn't help either. I nod my head no as I close my eyes again, trying to calm myself.
Michael then tugs my arm and we continue to walk. I open my eyes again to see that a turns coming up. Once we turn I'm revealed to another long narrow hall. I stop and Michael almost tumbles over tugging me to go. I squirm out of Michaels grip and try not to remember back to when I was on that boat.
When at eight years old I was locked in that room when it started to flood and sink.
I could already hear the water rushing from behind me.
I shut my eyes and try to walk but I can't, I keep tripping over my own feet. I don't have enough space. I'm gonna die. Michael grabs my arm again and says something that I can't hear. I can't speak. I can't breathe. I feel as if theirs no air, and that I'm gonna choke and die.
Then, a whiff of fresh air enters my nose.
I open my eyes to see that the narrow hall isn't brushing my arms anymore, and that I'm in a open dark room. I stumble onto the ground and fall, catching my breath. My hands shake as they hit the floor.
"Adele?" Michael says, I start to breathe regularly again. "are your okay?" Michael says kneeling down. He puts his hand on my shoulder.
"Yeah, yeah I'm fine now" I say as my breathing then comes back to normal.
"Are your sure?" He says quietly.
"Um..yeah" I say.
"Sorry, I didn't realize you were gonna like, pass out or something if you went though" he whispers as he then helps me up.
I almost fall though because my legs our so weak. As I stumble back, I let out a little gasp. Michael reaches out for me and grabs me before I hit the ground. His hands around my waist and mine around his neck, as I try not to fall. I then find myself balanced,  my hair dangles back and Michael leans over me. He then slowly pulls me back up so we feel each others breath on our necks. He stares at me, sweat running down the side of his face, I can feel that there's  sweat on mine face too. He takes a piece of hair in front of my eye and tucks it behind my ear. We are so close to each other, our lips only centimeters away.
We then start to lean in, getting closer and closer, foreheads touching. My heart wants to jump out of my chest.
But it doesn't.
Right as the best part was supposed to happen, he puts his head down, stopping me from leaning in. I then feel his hands slide off my waist and he steps back. The moment over in the blink of an eye.
"Sorry" he whispers.
I stand there, not knowing what to say.
I almost kissed him.
I almost kissed a guy.
That would've been my first kiss, and I've only known him for a about two hours. Nice Adele.
"No no, that was my fault...I mean I was like falling and stuff...."
"Yeah....and um, I just saw something in your hair so I had to get closer....."
"Oh yeah, I- um- yeah...." I say as we both step back a bit.
It then becomes painfully awkward. I nervously laugh, so does he. We then stand their in the quiet. He looks down, I bite my lip and look up. He sighs, I sigh. We then both jump as we hear the phone buzz.
For the first time in a while I'm happy to hear that sound.
Michael looks at the phone in his hand and he reads the text out loud:
"'Well I can tell you you're getting closer, and that your friends in this room, but you only have twenty-five minutes to find him. We've hidden him somewhere good. But he's annoying as heck so hurry up before it's too late. And don't worry, you'll have it easy for now. Where not in the room, were too busy bugging you friends'...." Michael reads.
"Crap" I say.
"Luke" Michael spits out, we both groan. I glance back at the hall, nodding no, and then look back at Michael.
"They're fine, Calum deserves a good beating anyway" Michael says, I wanted to tell him to take that back but I really didn't feel like having another fight go on. Or going back down that hall.
Michael shines the flashlight around the room, facing us, to our surprise, are three platers on stands. I get closer to see there our objects on them. One is a knife, one is an empty glass, and one was Michaels SnapBack he had on earlier. The phone then buzzes, but it's in my hand now. It reads: choose one Adele.
I almost choke when I see my name there, it scares me that "it" knows my name. I show it to Michael who reads it twice and then stares at me with a look of sorrow. I put the phone up to the objects to illuminate my choices again. And they don't make any sense.
"Michael what should I pick?" I ask.
"Umm... Pick the-" he then goes flying back into the darkness and I hear a thud.
"MICHAEL!" I scream, the phone buzzes again: I said that you choose one not Michael.
I then become scared, I don't wanna choose. I don't want anyone else to get hurt. I just wanna go home. I don't wanna be here. I don't feel safe, I feel like my life is always at risk. Fear rises up inside me, and I decide then that I want answers.
"Why?!" I scream, "why do I need to pick?!"
My  hand then stiffens as I feel it moving. But I don't want it move. I try to make it stop but it won't, it won't stop moving towards the knife. I can't control my whole right arm.
"What? Stop! STOP! IM SORRY! STOP! LET ME GO!" I scream as I try and fight back whatever has tooken over my arm. I even take my other arm and try pulling it back, which makes me drop the phone on the floor. But it won't work, it keeps leaning foreword towards the knife.
I don't want the knife.
I agreed to no more knifes.
I hear the phone buzz as a hot tear runs down my cheeks. I let out a frustrated  growl, but without my control, whatever is doing this to my body makes me  grab the knife and starts to mess with my legs. I walk funny because I'm trying to stop myself from walking into the dark.
"NO!" I scream as loud as I possibly can. Then my vision goes complelty black.
I feel as if I can't breathe.
I can't feel anything except for a sensationally burning in my throat. But I can't touch it, I can't fix it. It's as if I'm incapable of doing anything.
All of a sudden I feel pressure on  my body, the burning runs throughout all of me making me scream.
I feel myself flying back and I hit one of the platers. I crash down on the ground now seeing again. I can breathe and all the pain has stopped. I cough a few times and clutch my stomach as I sit up, it feels as if I just thrown up horse.
"ADELE WHAT THE HELL!" Michael yells confused, " HOW-OHMYGOD ASHTON! YOU FREAKIN-HOW DID YOU FIND-ASHTON!" He yells as I then see him run past me to a body on the ground.
It's Ashton.
Wait.
What just happened.
What did I do.
Why can't I ever get answers.
----------------------------------------------
Hiiiii!!!! OMG I HAVE OVER 100 read WOOT WOOT!! Sorry, big deal for me. I just wanna say thank you if your reading this right now. And thank you if you leave comments or send me messages it makes me really happy that you like my story, brightens my whole day!!! So thank you sooooo much to those who do that I love u lotts !!!!

So exited to keep writing this OMG first Luke, now Michael as love interest!!!! AGHHHH this is gonna get insane, and Ashton is found yayay!!!! This is gonna get crazy these next chapters. I just wanna say sorry for slow updates might be like that for a week or two, might not be able to
update Srry :((( but I will try to update as much as I can I LOVE WRITING THIS!!!!
AGAIN THANK U FOR READING!!!
Love you guys!!!
Biiii