Chapter Thirty One

The dining room is my most unfamiliar room in this house. There's only been to one or two occasions where I've found myself trapped in this elegant room, and those occasions weren't exactly the best. The first event being when Michael was having a little taste of his own medicine from the ghost, thanks to him touching the silverware. The second being when me and Ashton were looking for Calum.
Oh what splendid times....
Sarcasm, nice.
Oh wait! Their was also the time where Michael told me I was going insane, how could I forget that? It was so recent.
Silly me.
This isn't time for smart ass comments, Adele.
I grunt at my consciousness, it's as if she think she's my mom.
My mom.
Oh god.
she must be worried sick about me, wondering where I am and all. Ugh, I feel terrible, she's probably freaking out.
She probably thinks you're dead, Adele.
"Stop," I whisper harshly at myself, trying to quiet my obnoxious thoughts.
I try to think about something else besides how worried my family must be. I mean, the last thing I need on my mind right now is something else to worry about.
I start to then think about the first thing besides my family that comes to mind, and that's this game.
For these past 10 minutes I've been sitting under this table, I've started to come up with a few theories over who the murderer might be. Just based on everyone's reactions, it's been narrowed down to two people.
The first person I eliminated was myself, saying that my card was in fact not the one for the murder. I got the stupidest, and the most useless card of them all. A victim. And as a victim, my job is to basically run around screaming and crying, trying not to get killed or make any contact with anyone.
Just great.
"I know right?" I mumble back at my conscience.
The next two people I eliminated were Luke and Michael, saying they were both way too obvious.
What's that supposed to mean?
Well, let's focus on Luke first. Luke seemed extremely shocked with his card, which most people would jump to conclusion with saying he must be the murderer. But, Luke's smart, which is something most people don't realize about him. Not even some of his bandmates. So, if he was the murder he would've done his best to try and cover it up.
It's just how Luke works.
And with Michael? Well....If he was the murder he would probably have started to cry right then and there. Saying he's been working so hard with his temper for the past few hours, he would've had a much different reaction. He seemed almost relieved when his card came around.
So, this leaves the murderer to either be Ashton or Calum.
Which hurts me inside.
All I want, more than anything , is for Ashton to be a murderer.
I can't bare to think that Calum could kill any of us. But if he didn't, then he would be punished by the supernatural, which is just as bad.
The sad part about all this, is that I have a gut feeling that it is Calum.
The way he refused to play was the biggest hint.
Calums just not like that.
He wouldn't of argued unless he had to do something against his fellow piers.
You're going to die first Adele. You're so weak, so helpless. For all you know the murders right behind you -
"Stop!" I shriek at myself, looking behind me paranoid . "Just shut up!" I order, yet again in a shriek.
All of a sudden I hear a sound that keeps my fast heart rate at its steady beat. I turn my head back to see the phone lies on the floor next to me.
My stomach starts to jump with nervousness as my throat becomes
scratchy. I can feel the tears emerging in my eyes.
"But I don't wanna play," I whisper, trying not to cry.
I was afraid of the protesting words that just came out my mouth, making me hug myself tighter than before.
I stare at the phone in complete silence.
it doesn't buzz, light up, or make any sound.
It just sits there.
This isn't good this isn't good -
that's when the phone slowly shifts closer to me, moving all by itself. Tears stream down my face as I bite my arm to stop myself from crying loudly.
"Please..." I beg softly.
The phone hits my foot.
"Don't make me-" but before I can finish a powerful force takes over my arm. I scream as my arm flings forward and my fingers claw around the phone.
"OKAY! I GOT IT! IM SORRY!" I scream. Right away my arm goes limp, as if the force was being sucked out of me.
I let out one more sob before commanding myself to stop crying and wiping away my tears. I then bring the phone closer to my face so I can read the texts.
14 minutes are up, and you know what that means... Time to play a game, Adele. I hope you're ready to have some fun...
I then read the text below.
Come on, don't be shy! The boys have already started to move!
I then nod my head and take a deep breath, trying not to let my anger out.
Get up already, I commanded myself.
I purse my lips together before climbing out from under the table. But of course I bonk my head on the way out. I curse under my breath as the table shakes.
Nice.
"Fuck you," I snap, yet again, at myself.
Why. Do. I. Keep. Doing. That.
I don't know, weird isn't it?
I shake my head before standing up, it keeps pounding from my bad hit. I then decide to exit this room, saying it's pretty obvious being in here isn't going to do me anything. I'll either be cornered and killed or harassed by ghost.
So, I exit and make my way out towards the living room. I observe every little detail, and how everything looks like it hasn't been touched since the beginning. It amazes me to think this is all real. That I'm stuck in here with band members, that ghost are real-
That you're all going insane...
Yeah, and that.
How all are lives are completely screwed now, and how we're all completely different.
I'll never be normal again.
I snap out of my thoughts as I hear an unpleasant sound. As I stand in the middle of the living room, I shake my head towards the basement door to see it slowly open.
My heart thumps harder and harder as my stomach fills with anxiousness.
What if it's the murderer? What if right when the door opens he tackles you to the ground and chokes you to death? You have no self defense! You're fucking screwed!
"I KNOW!" I scream at myself.
The door than stops opening, freezing as if I startled it.
Will you stop yelling like that?
"W-Who's there?" I ask, trembling in fear.
Adele what the fuck, do you really expect an answer?
"I know that was bad," I mumble under my breath.
The door then creaks open a little more. My feet stay glued to the ground out of fear, stopping me from moving away from this mysterious person.
"Here goes nothing," I whisper, as the door then opens all the way.
I see a defenseless figure there. Well, defenseless but could in fact be out to get me. He stares at me with wide eyes, trembling with the same amount of fear I have.
"A-Ashton," I spit out tensely.
I don't know what to feel, or do, or say. Ashton was the one I wanted to be the murder out of all of them. He's the one I've been struggling relationship wise with ever since the first attack. But now that he stands in front of me, possibly about to kill me, I just want to be friends with him. I don't want him to attack.
More like you just don't want to die.
Well, true. But nobody would want to die like this. In this house. By this man.
"Go," Ashton finally spits out, his voice starchy. "Do it," he commands.
I look at him confused, still trembling.
"D-Do what?" I asks.
Theirs an awkward pause as Ashton slowly closes the basement door, and presses his back against it. He then bites his lip with a worried look on his face.
"Well, if you're gonna kill someone it might as well be me," he whispers.
Wow.
I laugh.
"Ashton, I'm not the-"
"Don't lie to me and the kill me later....Please just do it now. So they don't have to watch," he pleads.
"Ashton I'm not the murder," I tell him, staring at him straight in the eye.
"Adele....I just heard you talking to them-"
"To who?"
"The ghost," he answers. I sigh.
"Ashton, I hate to break it to you but I was talking to myself," I say. Ashton's fearful facial expression doesn't change.
"I don't believe you," he whispers.
"Why?" I snap.
"Well....How can I?" he responds.
"Ashton, I'm telling you I'm not the murder," I say.
"Come on just....Kill me, don't kill any of the others please-"
"Ashton I'm not the murder!" I yell, a little frustrated. "I literally just moved out of my spot two seconds ago because I'm scared to the murder coming for me."
Ashton looks down.
Calm down, there's no need to yell....
"Do-Do you promise?" He asks weakly.
You scared him, nice.
"...Yeah, I promise I'm not the murderer," I say, in a little bit of a less harsher tone.
"Okay," he whispers, removing all eye contact from me.
Theirs an awkward pause as I think of something to say.
It then hits me.
Fear begins to build up inside me again, as this thought falls into my stomach.
"But do you promise?" I asks.
Ashton looks up at me with sweet eyes, and a look filled with failure and sorrow.
"Yes, I promise. I pinke promise," he says.
He could be lying...
"Ashton...." I start, then stopping.
"I'll trust you if you trust me..." He negotiates.
Don't trust him. He's just messing with you-
"Okay," I say cutting off my thoughts. "It's a deal."
"Deal."
"So are we like, allies then?"
"Yeah. We're allies," he responds.
"So we're cool? Everything that's in the past is in the past?" I ask.
"Yeah, let's just uh...have a fresh start," he says, smiling at the end.
"Okay, yeah that be good," I sigh.
Hey, remember that time when the ghost sucked him into the dinning room because of deal he broke with the dead? Remember that? Yeah, that's what I thought....Its gonna be hard to trust him if you don't figure out what that was all about.
"True," I whisper to myself.
"What?" Ashton says not hearing me.
Ask. Now.
"Um...Ashton remember that thing..." I say, not really wanting to ask.
"What thing?" He responds.
"That uh...deal you made and then broke or whatever..." I answer.
Ashton sighs and looks down, yet again.
"Yeah, I remember that," he mumbles.
"What was-Um....Why did that all happen?" I stutter, walking towards Ashton who's by the basement door.
"Adele didn't we just agree that what's in the past is in the past?" he shoots back at me.
"Y-Yeah but....I feel like in order for us to trust each other...I need to make sure that-"
"Their not gonna hurt you I promise," he says soothingly. I look up from my feet and examine his beaten body. So many starches and so many cuts it hard to keep count.
It makes me loose all my angry feelings I ever had towards him.
"How-How do you know that?" I asks.
"Because....I-" he then stops himself. "I'm really sorry I did this," he spits out instead.
"Did what?" I ask calmly.
"I just-I did something  really bad in the beginning of this game and that's why these ghost are so mad!" He exclaims.
"Ashton what did you-"
"I'm really sorry," he says, cutting me off.
"It's okay just tell me what you did-"
"I can't!"
"Why?"
"Because I don't want anyone else getting hurt! When I told Michael he got hurt, and I don't want anyone else to get hurt like he did!" Ashton yells. "I'm really sorry," he whispers.
Okay...just let it go. Obviously we dont want to get pulled into this situation he and Michael have....
"It's okay," I whisper, as Ashton rubs his eyes.
"I'm really really sorry-"
"It's okay," I repeat. He then nods and sighs.
I should of never asked.
"Sorry for spazzing-"
"Stop apologizing Ash," I whisper.
"Sorry."
I roll my eyes and smile as his cheeks turn red.
"I didn't mean to say that-"
"Let's just look around for the others....hopefully we won't run into the murder," I say, cutting Ashton off.
"Good idea," Ashton nods.
Fucking genius.
I know right?
"Well we can either go upstairs, or explore the kitchen....your choice," I say.
"Kitchen....I was just locked up in the bathroom upstairs for what felt like hours," Ashton mumbles.
"But you just came out of the basement?" I say confused.
"I ran down in there quickly in the beginning."
"Why?" I asks.
"I thought it might of been Cal's room..." He mumbles.
I nod, pursing my lips together.
"Calum," I whisper.
"Yep."
Don't you dare start thinking about him.
"Let's just go into the kitchen then," I say, distracting myself from Calum.
I don't want to think about Calum.
It's annoying.
Ashton then nods and turns as we start to walk towards the hallway into the kitchen. I had a gut feeling we were gonna find someone in there, saying there are barley any rooms downstairs. A part of me wanted someone to be in there, but this other part of me didn't.
Like usual....
All of a sudden we hear a crashing sound from the kitchen.
Me and Ashton stare at the head of the hallway in fear.
"Hello?" Ashton calls, I snap my head his direction.
"What the fuck?!" I whisper yell at him.
"What?"
"That could be the murder!" I respond.
"Oh shit, you're right," Ashton says slapping his hand over his mouth.
We then both wait in silence for another noise to come.
But, with are luck, nothing happens.
Quiet.
"We need to check," I whisper, breaking the silence.
"Check what?" Ashton asks.
"Check to see if anyone's in there," I respond.
"But-"
"Come on," I signal, already half way down the hall.
Ashton groans and follows behind me, thudding his feet loudly as we go. I turn my head to him with my finger placed on my mouth. He understands the signal and nods as we creep down the rest of the hallway.
When we reach the end of the hall I regret ever moving from under the table.
Him.
Entering the room slowly I see one of my suspected innocent piers.  Now this could be a good or bad thing, saying I was wrong about Ashton. Then again, if Im right about this one then it's okay. I'll be happy if I'm right.
I'll also be sad if I'm right though.
Actually, in the end of this all I won't know what happy and sad is.
"Luke," Ashton sighs once he sees the blonde haired boy sitting at the table in the kitchen area.
"A-Ashton," Luke gulps.
"I'm glad to see you here and not someone else," Ashton continues, walking closer to him only the slightest bit paranoid.
"Oh really? Why's that?" Luke says not connecting his eyes with Ashton's.
"I'm not the murder Luke," Ashton whispers.
"Okay," Luke sighs, with a bit of a nod mixed in. "Good."
"Neither am I," I squeak.
"That's what I figured," Luke mumbles.
"Where you the one who made all that noise?" Ashton asks.
"Oh y-yeah I slipped," Luke admits. "Was it loud?"
"Yeah."
"Sorry."
"What room were you in?" I asks, walking closer to the two boys.
"Mirror room," Luke says.
"That sucks," I mumble.
"It wasn't very fun," Luke admits.
A part of me is really happy he's a victim like me and Ash, and that he's not- well, anything else.
But you don't know for sure he's a victim...
"Yeah I do," I whisper.
Did he tell you that?
I bite my lip and stare down at my feet in response to my thoughts.
He didn't, see? You can't just let him walk in here without confirmation.
"Shut up," I grumble at myself.
Whatever...just be careful, the murder might be right behind you.
I quickly turn around as my heart races for a few seconds.
I hate when I do that.
Theirs never anything behind me.
Gotcha.
"Adele!" Ashton and Luke yell, snapping me out of my inner thought.
"What?" I growl back.
"You keep doing that," Ashton's says.
"Keep doing what?" I snarl.
"Talking to yourself," Luke grumbles.
"So sorry," I snap sarcastically.
"Calm down....we just wanted to-"
"I know, let's just forget about it," I sigh.
"Okay," Ashton says.
"Fine," Luke mumbles.
"Did you see Calum or Michael earlier by any chance?" Ashton asks.
"No," Luke says looking down.
"Well one of them is the murder..." Ashton trials off.
"Yeah..." Luke sighs.
"Let's get out of this room, sitting in here won't do us any good," I say.
"But if we move then there're a risk of being found by the others-"
"OW!" Luke screams, grabbing his head.
"What?" I ask.
"Are you okay?" Ashton chimes in.
Luke bites his quivering lip and shuts his eyes as he slowly removes his hands from his head. He takes a deep breath as he try's to hold in tears.
"Let's get out of here," he whispers.
He then slowly gets up, opening his eyes that are filled with worry.
"Luke what just happened-"
"Nothing," he mumbles, facing away from me.
"Luke, what's going on?"  Ashton asks sternly.
"Nothing!" He yells his time.
"Luke obviously theirs something-"
"Just let it go, his heads been bothering him since the beginning," I whisper to Ashton.
"I know, but why?" He mumbles back.
"They like to pick on him," I whisper.
"Can we please leave this room?" Luke asks, wincing one more time.
"Yeah," I nod, "let's go."
"Thanks," Luke whispers.
We then all walk out the kitchen and down the hall, finding ourselves back at the steps. Ashton glances up the stairs, and when I turn my head I see Luke joining him. The only differences is Ashton looks like he wants to go up there and Luke doesn't.
It's funny because if anything I thought it would've been the other way around.
"Well, what do we do now?" Ashton asks.
I shrug.
Luke looks down and bites his lip.
"You sure you're okay?" I asks him.
"I'm fine," he barely whispers.
Just leave it alone...
"Well guys we can't just stand here and wait for the murder to come," Ashton says.
"Well then what do you suggests we do?" I snap.
"I don't know....Just try and find the others," he says back paranoid.
"Well there not down here," I sigh.
"I know," Ashton mumbles, glancing up the stairs.
"Guys I don't think it's a good idea to go up there," Luke whispers, then right after squinting his eyes shut in pain.
"Why does he keep doing that?" Ashton asks though gritted teeth.
"I don't know but I'm starting to worry," I whisper.
"Why shouldn't we go up there Luke?" Ashton asks, a little scared.
Luke nods no, his eyes closed as he bites his lip.
"Never mind," he squeaks out.
Something's up, the ghosts are planning something and he's a part of it.
"Don't say that," I whisper to myself.
Trust me.
I gulp down my nervousness, staring at Luke. I then look to Ashton who's scared too. He shrugs with a worried look on his face and goes for the steps.
"We need to find the other two so we end this game as quickly as we can," Ashton says.
"Why are you being helpful now?" Luke asks.
"What?" Ashton says confused.
"When we were stuck together that who'll time you didn't do shit! Now you're all big and in charge," Luke exclaims.
"Luke. What's wrong?" Ashton asks sternly.
"What's wrong with you?" He fires back.
"I was thinking stuff over then! And they were constantly beating me Luke, what did you expect?" Ashton yells.
"Well they were beating the shit out of me too but I still fought," Luke growls.
"Luke what are they doing to you!?" Ashton yells, trying to change the topic.
"They're making me feel like I'm going insane, Ash."
It gets quiet.
"It's gonna be okay," Ashton whispers to him.
"Let's go upstairs," I mumble, changing the subject.
I then go past the boys to make my way up the stairs. Of course I go slower than planned thanks to my leg, holding up Ashton and Luke.
"Can you go any slower?" Ashton wines.
"Sorry," I respond.
When we finally reach the top step I turn and let the boys go before me because I didn't want anyone getting mad at me. When I turn Ashton immediately passes me, while Luke on the other hand stops walking. He stares at me for a solid 5 seconds before his eyes start to water, and he looks away to continues to walk.
I'm so worried for him.
"Luke?" I call, he turns to look at me with tears almost falling. "Don't listen to them," I whisper.
Luke then widens his eyes and turns around before quickly walking near Ashton.
Oh shit.
"Let's go in here," Ashton says, opening the bedroom door.
I follow the boys in, but as I do Luke completely breaks down into tears.
"Luke, please tell us what's-"
"I don't want to," he whispers.
"We know you don't want to, but you have too in order for us to help-"
"No! I don't want to do it!" He cries.
I slowly back up against the wall.
"What?" Ashton says confused.
"I don't wanna-I don't want to die though either!" Luke says sobbing.
"You don't want to what?" Ashton asks.
"I knew it was gonna be me, they FUCKING HATE ME!" Luke screams.
My heart starts to beat harder and harder.
It's him...
"Wh-who h-hates you?" Ashton asks sacred.
"The dead. The dead want me dead," Luke sobs.
"Luke....why do they want you dead?"
"I can't-I don't-I can't-I-I-I DON'T KNOW WHAT DO!" Luke yells.
"Ashton," I call scared.
He turns back at me.
"Adele..." Ashton mumbles, catching on. But before I could answer my eyes glue to Luke.
"I don't want to! I don't want to but I-I-I have too," he sobs.
He then slowly pulls the knife out of his back pocket.
The knife that is stained with many victims blood.
The one knife, the only knife.
"No," I tremble.
"I am so, so, sorry," Luke whispers. He then eyes me and Ashton.
"Luke?" Ashton squeaks.
Luke then charges towards me and Ashton.
"ASHTON RUN!" I scream.
I grab his bruised arm as we both jolt out the door. I skip with my one injured leg as Ashton tumbles down the hall in shock.
"Oh my god," Ashton shakes.
"HES GONNA KILL US!" I scream.
I then turn to see Luke start to exit the room, he cries harder than I've ever seen him cry before as he slowly approaches us.
"The attic. We need to get in the attic," Ashton trembles.
"Why the attic?" I asks, breathing hard.
"He can't get to us if we're in the attic," Ashton responds as he then stops running and looks up at the ceiling.
Ashton then stands on his tippy toes and let's his fingers wrestle to grab ahold of the string to pull down the latter.
I look behind me to Luke slowly approaches us. The knife in hand as he cries, hobbling down the dark hallway towards us.
"Luke, don't do it!" I call, my voice raspy.
"I have too," he whispers.
"ASHTON HURRY!" I scream.
"IM TRYING!" He yells back.
Ashton then pulls down the lever and the ladder comes flying down.
I look back at Luke to see he approaches us quickly. His face becoming more visible in the darkness by the second.
"GO! MOVE! GET UP!" Ashton yells to me, grabbing my arm and tugging me towards the ladder.
I scream because I'm overwhelmed as I try to climb up as fast as I can, ignoring the pursue that's put on my leg. My shakey hands keep a hold of the sides of the ladder as I crawl up, trying not to fall off as I reach the top.
"FASTER!" Ashton screams.
"SHIT!" I scream back, startled by him yelling at me.
I then finally make it up all the way and pull myself into the attic.
"HURRY!" I scream to Ashton as he begins his way up.
I peer behind him to see Luke right there. The knife in hands, he's only a couple feet away.
Ashton's foot slips on the last step.
"NO!" I scream, grabbing his arm before he falls.
He the quickly places his foot back onto the ladder step and hoist himself into the attic like I did. As fast as he can he moves away the the entrance into the attic.
"CLOSE IT!" He yells as I then grab the latter and start to pull it up.
But Luke grabs the other end of the latter.
And Luke being way stronger than me, I almost fall out.
"ASHTON HELP!" I scream, as I then feel the back of my shirt being pulled as I fly back. Ashton then grabs the latter as I catch my balance.
"LET GO!" Ashton yells as Luke continues to cry hard.
"I can't, I can't!"
Ashton then pulls it out of his grip.
I then help him hoist it up as quickly as I can, layering each piece of the latter on top of each other. But right as where almost done, Luke jumps up and grabs it, making the whole thing shake.
"LUKE! STOP!" I scream, startled as he dangles off the ceiling.
But Ashton rips it away from him and shuts it before he can even jump up again.
"I DON'T HAVE A CHOICE!" Luke yells from below us.
"Oh fuck, oh holy fucking fuck!" I yell, trying to inhale air.
"It's okay, we're fine," Ashton gulps, also lying back in exhaustion.
"Who's the murder?"
Me and Ashton both scream as we turn are body's back to see the farthest corner of the attic contains a familiar face.
Calum's weak little body is hidden behind a pile of stacked up cardboard boxes. He looks scared and shocked to see both me and Ashton alive.
"Calum?!" Me and Ashton both yell.
"Who is it?" Calum asks again.
"Have you been up here the whole time?" Ashton asks.
"Yeah...." Calum mumbles.
"It's Luke," I comment, answering Calum's question.
"I knew it," Calum responds.
"And you are?" Ashton snaps.
"I'm the Police or detective-whatever they call it," Calum grumbles.
"Are you kidding? What are you doing up here? You're the only one who can stop him!" Ashton yells.
"No way am I getting my ass involved in this game. I'd rather stay up in here than participate in my childhood nightmare," Calum responds.
"Typical. You know one of us is going to die because you're just hiding up here-"
"Ash," I say. He looks to me with worried eyes. "Let's just all take a breather," I nod.
Ashton gulps and rests his back against a heavy box behind him. Calum begins to kind of crawl out of his little whole he made, revealing his beaten face.
"Are you guys okay?" Calum whispers.
"Not really," Ashton mumbles.
"Yeah," I whisper.
"No you're not," Ashton says.
"....I know," I whisper.
"It's alright, I'm not too great either," Calum says.
It then gets quiet.
Ashton looks frustrated.
Calum looks calm.
And I probably look insane.
Most likely.
"This is so fucked up," Ashton whispers. "How is the even possible?"
"We missed the gig we were supposed to have," Calum says.
"Yeah....We did, " Ashton mumbles.
"All the fans probably hate us. They probably think we just ditched to party or some shit," Calum adds.
"They won't hate you, and they never fucking will. Once they realized what happened they'll understand. And if anything I'll have the whole fandom hating me," I say.
"Don't you get it Adele? That's the thing, they're never gonna realized what happened," Ashton says.
"We're never getting out of here," Calum whispers.
They're right. This is the end, don't you get it? Why do you still have faith? Why don't you just end this all? Death is the only answer.....
All of a sudden I hear a big "thud" come from below us.
"LUKE DON'T!"
I look up at Ashton and Calum.
"Michael."

-------------------------------------
I'm so sorry for everything
I can't believe i accidentally published all my notes That really embarrassing bc my notes are horrific.
Also this took SO LONG AND IM SO SORRY I was just really paranoid I was going to accidentally publish again...
So I'm sorry.
AHAHA yeah.
anyways
HOLY CUPCAKE 20K THANK U I WAS LIKE CRYING WHEN I SAW 20K AHHHH
Also I made a preference book it only has like 2 preferences but u should check them out cause they have no read s hah
please vote, comment, read!!!
I love u all so much ❤️❤️❤️
Sorry for my terrible grammar and error
(Ps I got an A on my last grammar test!!! First grammar A ever!!!!!!)
I still suck at grammar tho
Lololo im sick af yay to Colds and ear infections :(((((
Okay bye!