Chapter Nine

"Ashton!" Michael yells going over to the boy laying not so far away from me. He shakes him violently.
"Agh! I'm okay, I'm okay. I swear" Ashton says as he sits up.
"We found you!" Michael screams.
"Michael can you stop yelling? You're giving me even more of a headache. And why is the side of your face purple?" Ashton says annoyed.
"Wha-that's not important. We just saved your life- focus on that. How did you get here? Like you just disappeared-And then we got these texts- and there all like-okay never mind- did you like walk here or something-or-what? What did you d-"
"Michael! Calm down!" Ashton says. Michael then takes a deep breath.
"Sorry" he mumbles.
"Okay, first off I don't know how I got here. I blinked and I was tied down to something but then....uh, something happened- I don't know what- and now I don't remember anything. Expect for her! What's wrong with your eyes! Or what was wrong with you eyes! I mean you came over and cut the rope looses around me, and your eye were.....white. Just all white and....and then you screamed in my face and you flew back and....that was scary" Ashton says, saying those last few words in a hushed whisper.
I look at him and sigh, getting a strange feeling in my stomach about what just happened, but I decide not to overreact and just tell my point of view.
Because my eyes did not roll to the back of my head.
I think.
"I-um- look, I don't know what just happened to me over there, but it was way different then what you said. I couldn't breathe, it went pitch black and all I could feel was burning, down my throat and through my body. And then....screaming seemed like the only way to make it stop. My whole body wasn't working, it wasn't in control...." I say.
Ashton looks at me as if I was insane, I can't blame him though. I sound insane.
"Like what happened to me" Michael whispers.
I turn my head his direction. Both our eyes suddenly widen, and we both think the same disturbing thought. Could there actually be ghost living in this freak show house? Could we actually be the stupid teens in the movie that get killed?
No.
Don't freak yourself out.
Calm down.
"Wait, so what you guys our telling me that it's normal to have your eyes like- I don't know...role to the back of your head?" Ashton says with a scared look on his face.
"I don't-" all of a sudden the phone buzzes, cutting Michael off and making a scream escape from my mouth. Michael then goes over and grabs it, he sighs.
"Another hours almost up" he says. My shoulders- which I didn't realize where tensed up- drop.
"Thank god" I say.
"Guys....where are we?" Ashton asks.
"Where in a secret room in basement" Michael simply says.
"A what?" Ashton asks.
" a room hidden in the walls of a basement" Michael repeats.
"You're making no sense right now, were in a secret room, inside a basement?" Ashton says giving him a look that says 'what-the- hell -is-wrong-with-you'.
"Yeah, we found this old rusted door when we were going on a scavenger hunt for you" Michael says sighing. Ashton's starts to look around the room nodding.
"...On a totally un-relatable note, um...where's Luke and Calum?" Ashton asks.
"Oh no" I say.
I can't believe of forgot about them. Calum and Luke our still out there, and the text....whatever were up against right now is ganging up on them. I can't believe that we did this we've been gone for 45 minutes, they probably think that we ditched them.
"We need to go" Mcihael says getting up, he then starts to walk towards the narrow hall. My heart starts to race, the last thing I wanna do is squeeze into that stuffy, deadly, tight, cramped, hallway again. A chill gets sent up my stiffened spine as Michael turns back to face me and Ashton.
"I can't go through that hall again Michael" I say weakly.
"Adele we need to go, there's no other way out" He says.
"Michael, no I can't!" I plead.
"What hall?" Ashton asks.
"Come on, let's go" Michael says as Ashton gets up.
That's when I realized how badly beaten Ashton is. All over his arms our slashes, as if a whip has hit them, and one arm has a big bruise. I bite my lip at the sight.
"Oh my god, Ashton" I say sympathetically getting up, I go over and brush the tip of my finger on his arm.
"What the hell...." He says, looking at the side of his arm in shock.
"Guys! We need to go! The clock is ticking!" Michael yells.
"Eh...." I say trailing off, I know I won't be able to go through that hall again.
"Adele, we have to do it. Luke and Cal our in danger" Michael says seriously.
I then take a deep breath. The last breath of air I will have in a while. There's no way I wanted to stay in this room alone, I guess I should've thought this through better. I mean, I was destined at some point to get out of this place.
We all then load into the hall. Michael first, then Ashton, then me.
Now the reason this is more difficult is because I can't close my eyes. If I do then I'll trip since I don't have a hand to hold onto. Ashton's arms are too beaten for me to be leaning on them. So I keep my eyes open and as we go in deeper.
My breath starts to shorten again, and after a while I can't seem to gather any air at all. I start to breath choppily again but this time it's because I'm scared, not because I'm having too much trouble breathing. And to top things off my vision becomes blurry from lack of breath, which of course doesn't help. My legs become weak, I try to walk but I can't. I try and stay up but it's as if the upper half of my body was weighing me down.
Now this has only happend once before which made everything scarier for me. All of a sudden my foot snaps a a wrong angel making me trip and fall, I smack my head on the ground making my vision go in and out as I see Ashton turning around.
It then goes dark.
And I can't hear a thing.
All I can think of is the waves rushing towards the door in the small boat closet, then the water rushing in and slamming me to the back of the little room. I hit supplies as I fly back and water traps me in a certain position. I try to breathe but I can't, the stupid closet door closes leaving me stuck. I don't have any air to breath left, it all left my lungs, leaving them to burn and collapses. The corner of my eyes darken right as something tugs on my arm.
"Adele!"
I hear someone scream my name, my vision starts to come back as I gasp for air. I can only hear muffled talk, I just nod yes to whatever I can make out. I then get pulled up and I gasp out the only words I could which where 'I can't breath'. Then the boys say something that my brain couldn't translate as I get shoved in between them, someone hands tighten around my waste, and I'm holding whoever is in front of me's hand. After a long time of only breathing in a limited amount of air and not being able to think, hear, or see straight, I finally get free from the condensed hall and I stumble into whoevers in front of me. They clutch me in there arms, then guide me by putting one arm around my waist.
Suddenly I find myself by the steps, I sit myself down on them.
The cold. Basement. Steps.
After a while of just breathing and getting the nasty memories out of my head, my body starts to function again. I hold my head as I start to hear Ashton ranting about something, and see my feet through the cracks of my arms covering my face.
"Adele?... Are you okay?" I hear Michael say, I gulp down saliva which makes me realize my mouth is really dry.
"Mmm hmmm" I say.
I feel Michael-who sits on the same step as me-rub my back, which makes me try to stop making it seem like I was in pain. He's trying to comfort me. Michael Clifford is trying to comfort me. I need to get my act together, because what's happening right now is just plain embarrassing.
I can't even make it through a damn hallway and were stuck in a possessed-ghoul-house.
My cheeks redden.
"Michael you must hate this girl, you almost get her killed by pushing her into the street, and then you make her go through her version of living hell twice" Ashton says all in one breath.
"I know, I hate her so much" Michael says quietly.
I then turn my head to see him with a cute smile on his face. A grin creeps across my own as his warm loving eyes stare into mine.
"You sure that's hate Michael" Ashton mumbles in a non-question-like-tone.
But Michael doesn't answer, he keeps staring at me, and I keep staring back. Our heads are as close as they were before.
"Okay guys, I get it, you're in love" Ashton says slapping Michaels head.
"No" we both say at the same time, snapping our heads so we face Ashton.
"I-uh-yeah..."
"And-you know-um..."
"But-you know- I promised-I don't know..."
"And-exactly- you see-uh..."
Me and Michael stutter as Ashton scoffs at us.
"Okay" is all he says, but me and Michael both know what he actually means.
"We should find Luke and Cal" Michael says.
"Good idea" I say a little too cheerfully.
Ashton smiles when I say that. He then clears his throat and takes his bandana off his sweaty head.
"So, they don't seem to be down here do they?" Ashton says.
"LUKE! CALUM!" I yell, my voice echoes down through the cold basement.
No answer.
"Okay, so I'm guessing that means no" Ashton says running his hand through his hair.
"Unless there in one of their rebellious teenage moods, but I think that's a no too" Michael says.
"Okay Michael" Ashton smirks.
"What?" Michael asks annoyed.
"Nothing...." Ashton says smiling, Michael rolls his eyes.
"I always feel so judged by my band" Michael says sighing, I crack a smile. "Anyways, I think we should go upstairs I-" Michael starts, but gets cut off by the phone spinning out of Ashton's hand.
"HOLY CRAB CAKES!" Ashton yells jumping wide eyed.
He then regains himself and picks up the phone, reading the text. Michael burst out laughing making Ashton stop reading.
"What?" Ashton says annoyed.
"Oh my god,  I need that to be my ringtone!" Michael says in between laughs.
"Well isn't that too bad because if I can recall, your phone disintegrated into a thousand pieces!" Ashton says making Michael stop laughing right away. Ashton then smiles and reads the text.
"What's it say?" I asks.
"Another hours up" Ashton mumbles.
"These have been the longest two hours of my life" Michael says lying down on the steps.
Looks pretty uncomfortable.
"So, 22 more hours?" I say, Ashton shrugs.
Suddenly, the door to the basement starts to shake. We all snap out heads that direction.
It then shakes again.
And again.
"When will we get a break?" Michael mumbles.
Then, the door starts make a cracking noise, me and Michael move off the steps and near Ashton.
"No please no" Ashton whispers.
That's when we hear a final giant crack. Light burst into the room as a black Silluete comes crashing down the stairs and the door falls down.
"I don't wanna play the game anymore!" A familiar voice yells.
It then clicks in my brain, we've found one of the lost boys.
I walk towards the crying, coughing, shaking, scared boy who's head bleeds and half of his forehead is purple from before.
"Luke? Luke what happened?" I say sitting down next to him, he jumps when he hears my voice.
"Please don't hurt me!" He pleads choking out a sob.
"Why would I hurt you? Luke its me Adele, it's okay" I say soothingly as I help him sit up.
"That's what Calum said! He said he wouldn't hurt me!" Luke yells spitting out a sob after. "He went insane! He's gone mad" Luke says crying. My eyes widen and turn to Michael and Ashton who keep a fair distance from their crying friend.
Michael looks sad, Ashton looks scared.
I give them a face that screams 'help,' but Ashton nods no and Michael gives me a thumbs up. I roll my eyes as I then try to think of a way to calm him down. For some reason I think of my dog. And how do I calm my dog down? By petting him.
So I decided to run my hand through his messy hair. It seems to work because he quiets down just a little when I start. I mentally sigh in relief. As I continue to run my hand through Luke's hair, I put my other hand on the back of his neck and rub my thumb up and down. Turns out I'm pretty good at being sympathetic, but my facial expression changes as his hand slowly starts to move towards my leg. I hide my nervousness and put on a fake smile because he's calming down, and I don't like it when people cry. So, as the only sound he makes is sniffling and a occasional hiccup, his hands finally lays on my thigh.
He has blood and tears running down his face and his hair is damp with sweat. As he becomes quiet I slide me hand of his neck and to is shoulder. My hand then continues sliding it's way down his chest, and at the end, hits the floor. He then takes his trembling hand on the floor and grabs mine, moving it back around his neck.
I mentally squeal and shriek but I keep a straight face when he does this. My stomach contains butterflies now. For this small moment, it felt as if we weren't in a scary house. It felt as if my life wasn't always at risk.
It felt....normal.
"Do you wanna tell me what happened?" I whisper. Luke swallows and breathes heavily as only a single tears runs down his face.
"Calum tried to kill me" he whispers looking at the floor.
I freeze, Calum? Calum Hood? The Calum who was just crying about punching somone and feeling so regretful, is now trying to kill his best friend?
"Well that escalated quickly" Michael mumbles walking over.
"He-he started a-acting all w-weird wh-whe-when we went u-upstairs and h-he the-then v-van-van-vanished for a sec-second and then I found him and he had a kn-knife a-and his eyes were just all wh-white and he started to th-throw the knife and t-tackle m-e and sna-snap his neck weirdly and-and" Luke then let's out one last sob before taking a huge breath to continue his story, "And he started w-whispering things I could-couldn't understand. So he chased me and at the end his body started sh-shaking and tensing up so I ran d-down here" Luke says not crying anymore and just breathing staggery.
Michael then sits down next to him. He glances at my leg which has Luke's hand on it and then looks at Luke. He goes to put his hand on his back, when he does Luke jumps at first, but then relaxes. Michael keeps glancing at my leg which made me feel uncomfortable, so I decided to move it away from Luke's grasp. Michael then stops staring and gives me an awkward smile, I smile back weirdly.
"Luke?" Ashton says finally stepping in closer, Luke swallows and looks up.
"Ashton your-alive" Luke says sighing.
"I am indeed alive" he responds, he then bends down next to me and in front of Luke. Luke let's out a fake breathy laugh to try and lighten the mood. But his smile quickly fades.
"Ashton I think there's something wrong with Calum" Luke whispers, Ashton sits down.
"So do I mate."
"You guys....I know this sounds kind of stupid- and Luke you don't have to do this- but I think that we should look for Calum...." I say.
"No. No I am not going up there and dealing with him- you don't understand it's un-human Adele- it's not-"
"Luke, Luke you don't have to go I promise" I say calmly.
"That's not the point I don't want you guys going up there and getting killed by him. He's crazy!" Luke yells.
"Luke we can't just leave him up there when there's obviously something wrong with him. I mean , you said so yourself. His eyes, his neck, his voice, all messed up. He's still apart of the band and is still apart of this game. If he died you would be devastated. I know it seems bad right now but if he dies there is no more Five Seconds of Summer" I say not even believing the words that just came out of my mouth. I wanna take back everything I just said, every last bit of it. How could I even say those words, no more Five Seconds of Summer? What's wrong with me? I'm crushing dreams right now.
"Luke, think about it. You won't be able to leave this house too if he dies. Remember, it said we all had to be alive by the end of it" Michael says chiming in. I look at him and give him a face that says 'thank you'. I then look down at Luke who is clearly now considering this.
"Okay...but only if somebody stays down here with me" Luke says like a child.
"Alight let's take a vote, who wants to search after a deranged Calum?" Michael says.
"I'll stay" Ashton says.
"Um, I actually kind of wanted somebody else to stay..." Luke trails off.
"Well that hurt" Ashton coughs out making me smile.
"Sorry" Luke says making a puppy face.
"I'll go up" I say.
"Luke who did you want to stay with you?" Michael says annoyed.
"Uh-" Luke starts.
"How about me and Adele go up and search for Calum" Ashton suggest.
"Yeah, I think that be good since you guys kind of fought earlier" I chime in.
"Uh-" Luke mumbles.
"Yeah let's do that" Michael establishes.
"Okay, Ashton let's go" I say, as I get up Luke grabs my hand, I turn around in shock and look down at him with a smile.
"But I wanted you to stay" he says as his eyes grow big.
My heart races right then and there, faster than it has ever raced before. I gulp down saliva and bite my lip looking into his innocent eyes.
"I'll be back, It will be quick I promise" I say slipping out of his grip, butterflies fill my stomach.
He wanted me to stay.
Somebody wanted me to stay.
AND IT WAS LUKE HEMMINGS.
"Um, yeah okay....just hurry up I guess" Michael mumbles, looking a little annoyed now.
"What? Can't handle Luke's mighty powers?" Ashton jokes.
"No, I just don't wanna lose you guys" Michael says.
"Don't worry, will be fine" Ashton responds with confidence.
"Let's go" I say.
Me and Ashton then both walk up the stairs, the door being kicked down made there be less suspense as we then stopped and looked around.
"See him?!" Luke shouts.
"No!" I yell back.
Ashton then starts to move towards the tacky living room.
"If I were a deranged Calum Hood, where would I be..." Ashton mumbles examining the tacky rugs and lamps.
Ashton looks inside vases and under pillows, it makes me mentally slap my forehead because of the cute stupidity of this boy. He's looking for a 6ft tall guy in a half a foot tall vase.
"Ashton?" I start.
"Yeah?" He says looking around the room.
"Aren't you scared?" I say, my voice shaky.
"I'm uh..... Well I mean, yeah of course" he says shrugging.
"You don't look scared" I say making him smile.
"Well, I mean it's Calum were looking for, he's not exactally the scariest guy out there" Ashton says.
"Yeah but um....Luke kind of just said he you know.....well there's something wrong with him" I stutter as we walk into the dinning room.
"Yeah Luke's probably making half that's stuff up for attention" Ashton says in the nicest way possible. I give him a confused look.
"Why would he do that?" I ask.
"Adele, it's so obvious he thinks you're hot" Ashton says making me stop walking.
My cheeks heat up.
"What-um, er no. Luke dosn't think I'm h-hot" I say struggling to make out words, Ashton let's out a breathy laugh.
"Please, he's head over heels for you" he says, I look down and nod.
"No. No, Luke doesn't like me stop-just- stop" I say in a joking tone.
"Okay, But don't tell me I didn't warn you when he tries to kiss you or make you feel bad for him" Ashton says putting his hands up as he examines the glasses on the table.
"Okay, but that's not gonna happen" I say crossing my arms and looking around the room.
Does Luke actually like me? Is he actually faking being scared to get my attention?
No.
Nah.
NO.
But he could be....NO stop.
He dosn't like you.
Starch the idea out of your head .
"Adele.....you don't think he would go upstairs do you?" Ashton says looking at me.
"Luke? Um why would he-"
"No, Calum!" Ashton says laughing. I look down embarrassed.
"Right-uh- well....I don't know. He said he didn't like the upstairs...remember?" I say covering up. "Let's just check the rooms down here first"
"Good idea" Ashton says as we then exit the dinnig room and walk towards the stairs again. "Okay, um.... Let's check the kitchen" Ashton says glancing up the stairs every few seconds.
"Okay" I say as we then head down the narrow hall.
I gulp loudly and try and move thorough it as fast as I can, even though I'm not desperate to get to the other side. The last thing I wanna do is be in anymore tight spaces.
As we reach the end of the hall my eyes grow big as I see the kitchen.
It's spotless.
All the pots that where on the ground- gone. All the sliverware, knifes, plates, broken glass- nowhere in sight.
"Uh.....did you guys do a little cleaning while I was.....somewhere?" Ashton says walking into the kitchen.
"Unfortunately, no" I say following.
Ashton opens the cabneiets, but there all empty, every single one. He even opens the fridge, nothing. It's like all the materials vanished. But how? Where did it all go? Where can someone hide and clean up that amount of stuff in an hour?
"Okay this is weird" Ashton says moving away from the fridge, we then hear a familiar buzz.
I turn around to see on the counter that was just spotless a minute ago, lies Calum's phone. It's lit up and is opened up in texts, I go over, pick it up, and read the text out loud.
"Looking for you friend? Gonna have to try harder than that. Don't be scared, it's a different room upstairs" I read. I groan loudly and throw my head back.
"Told you" Ashton says patting my back and exiting the room.
I then slam the phone down on the counter and follow Ashton back to the stairs. My mind still wanting an answer to why the kitchen is clean, and where everything went.
When we make it to the stairs, Ashton starts walking up them right away. I stand at the bottom scared. Ashton turns around and sighs..
"Adele, I promise I won't let anything happen to you. And Cal won't hurt you, I promise" Ashton says.
"But, I-ehhh.....okay..." I say slowly as I then walk up the stairs. As I do, I look down realizing there's no more glass on the floor from the broken light bulbs. "Ashton, all the light bulbs that fell our gone" I say nervously walking up the stairs.
"....I realized that" Ashton mumbles, his voice barely shaky.
When we reach the top of the stairs, Ashton stops. He then looks down the hall both ways as if he ways crossing the street. He decides to turn right, near the freaky room. I gulp loudly and follow him. My hands freezing sweat, and my throat itching as we get closer to it.
"Calum!?" Ashton yells scaring me, "sorry" he mumbles.
"Sorry" I say back awkwardly.
I mentally slap myself for that stupid move.
"Calum FREAKING Hood! Where are you?!?" Ashton yells again as we continue to walk down the hall and past the door.
"Calum!" I yell, trying to help. All of a sudden I hear something crack behind me.
Ashton spins around before me and a look of horror splatters across his face. I decide it might be a good idea not to turn around.
"Ashton wh-what is it" I say quickly, my stomach twists as Ashton points.
"The room, it's um.....look" he says.
I then slowly turn around to see that through the cracks of the door to the freaky room, light shines on and off. It was as if somebody was messing with a light switch in there. But all the lightbulbs fell out. So....obviously that's not it. Well, at lest I think all the light bulbs fell out.
To make sure I look up at the ceiling. To my surprise I see a lightbulb, something looks wrong with it though. I squint my eyes until I see that it looks taped together. Each piece fitting perfectly into each other, the clear tape keeps them secure. That's when I realize that all the lightbulbs where like that. Maybe they were the ones that broke. Maybe they taped them back together.
There's only one thing racing though my mind above all of this.
Who's. "They".
And of course how did somebody tape like 50 lightbulbs back together and put them all back in there little holder thingies in an hour? And why would someone waste their time doing that when they could easily go to the store, and buy some more. Some people out just such idiots. Or some things our such idiots.
"Adele do you see it too?" Ashton says, I look to see he's staring at the celing.
"Yeah....I see it" I whisper looking back up at the lightbulbs.
"How did someone write that on the ceiling?" Ashton whispers, his voice scared.
"Wait, what?" I say looking at him.
"Look" he says pointing to the right of the lightbulb where black, thick, writing lies on the ceiling.
"What....." I start as I then try to read it, my eyes start to adjust as I read the sentence: one must die.
"Shit, this is messed up" I whisper.
"Adele...." Ashton starts, "that handwriting looks really familiar and I don't want it to be" Ashton says.
"Ashton...please tell me your joking."
"It looks a lot like, um...." Ashton starts but then looks down and shakes his head. "No, It can't be. I'm just freaking myself out. It's not him. It's not." Ashton says stepping back.
"Ashton, mind if I take a lucky guess?" I say, Ashton then nods. "Calum's?" I say with an unsure sound in my voice.
"No, actually I was gonna say Luke" he admits.
"What!" I yell, Ashton then laughs.
"I was being sarcastic," he states "Yeah, it looks like Calum's.....like a lot like Calum's"
"God you scared me" I say referring to Luke.
"Why? Wouldn't want you lover boy to be vandalizing things?" Ashton says smiling, I roll my eyes as he laughs, "I'm kidding" he says putting his arm around me, but then wincing and taking it off.
"What's wrong?" I ask.
"Nothing." Ashton says a little to quickly.
"Ashton.....are you sure you don't remember what happened in that room?" I ask in a whisper tone.
"No. Nothing. Hey look! Let's go into this room." Ashton says too quickly, then opening the door to what seems like a bathroom.
"Okay...." I say weirded out. Obviously something happened.
I stand in the doorway, I didn't want the door to close on us, especially in a bathroom.
"Aren't you coming in?" Ashton asks.
"I'm gonna stay here and make sure the door dosn't close on us."
"Okay, that's smart" Ashton says looking around, he looks in the sink, and in the tub. It kills me to see a person doing this, so I think of a way to make it stop.
"Ashton, not to kill the detective mood or anything....but I don't think Calum's in here" I say.
"What makes you think that?" Ashton asks.
"Well, speaking this room is jam packed and he can't fit in any of the cabinets, I'm pretty sure he's not in here" I conclude. Right as I finish, I hear a moan.
"That sounded like it came from the cabinets" Ashton says.
"Hilarious" I say turning around.
"No! Im not joking it actually sounded like it came from the cabinets" Ashton says making me stop.
"What are you taking about? Ashton nobody can fit in-" I start truing back around and opening the cabinet under the sink to see a dark, small, crammed tunnel that you can easily crawl through.
"There...." Ashton says finishing my sentence.
We both squat down, looking into the dark tunnel as another moan echoes through it. A shiver gets sent up my spine.
The tunnel looks like the inside of an air vent, like the ones people our crawling though in the movies. Really small and dusty. At the very end there's a speck of light, and what seems like just cold ground.
Why would someone ever make a secret passage way in a bathroom? It's literally the stupidest thing in the world. What if someone just crawls out of the cabinet while your in the tub or something? And why do you need a secret passage way? Why does this house even exist? It's ugly and scary and just plain messed up.
"Told you" Ashton smirks.
"Oh, I'm sorry, my house dosn't have tunnels hidden under the sink" I say sarcastically, "where's the plumbing for this installed?"
"That's not important. Adele, I know you hate small spaces.... but I think Calum's down there" Ashton says.
"No! No Ashton you can't make me I will die and you know it" I yell.
"Yeah but.... " he starts.
"Look, I'll um...I'll stay up here! And I'll make sure that it dosn't close on you and then you can get Calum and we can go back down to the basement were it's safe" I say, giving Ashton my most pleading eyes.
"Um....alright, fine" Ashton says, "wish me luck" he mumbles as he crawls into the tunnel.
"Good luck" I say as he gets on his hands and knees and crawls into it.
I watch and hold the cabinet door open as he continues going down. When he's half way through I hear him laughing.
"I feel like James Bond" Ashton squeals making me giggle.
"Okay Ashton" I say, "don't get too crazy."
"Can't exactly get too crazy while crawling through a tunnel where my back it grinding against the celling" Ashton says annoyed, I laugh.
"Sorry" I say to him. I don't know why.
"Let's just get this over with" he responds. His voice echoes through the tunnel as he becomes farther away.
After a few minutes Ashton becomes almost out of sight as he reaches the end where light flickers.
"I made it!" He yells.
"See Calum!?" I asks.
"Jesus! It's freaky down here!" He yells.
We then don't talk as he goes out of sight. I hear him mumbling things to himself every once in a while. I keep my eyes glued to the end of the tunnel, anxiously waiting for an answer.
"Seeing anything!?" I yell.
"Not-" he starts, I then hear him walking even farther away, "Calum?!" I hear him yell.
"Calum!" I repeat in excitement.
"Shit!" I hear Ashton yell, my smile vanishes.
That can't be good.
"What!?" I yell down, "What's wrong!?"
"I-Get Michael, or Luke, or somebody! Just hurry and get someone!" Ashton yells.
"I'll be right back!" I say not questioning it, I don't want to waste any time.
I get up quickly and run out the door and down the hall. I trip over my own feet as I tumble down the stairs. When I reach the bottom I sprint to the top of the basement steps.
"Michael!" I yell.
"Yeah?!" He yells back.
"Ashton needs you, he found Calum!" I yell nervously.
"Why does he need me?" Michael says stepping on the first step.
"I don't know but he seemed in a hurry so will you please help?" I plead.
"Wait who's gonna stay down here with me?" Luke says as Michael heads up the stairs in a hurry.
"Man up Luke, either come or stay" he snaps.
Luke then slowly gets up and walks behind Michael.
"I'm gonna beat the crap out of Calum when I see him" Luke mumbles.
"Sure you will tiger" Michael says sarcastically, he looks surprisingly happy when he reaches the top step.
"Come on, let's go" I say as I turn to the stairs.
We then all rush to the top and I show them to the bathroom where thankfully, everything is still open.
"Where's-"
"Ashton! I got Luke and Michael!" I yell cutting off and answering Michaels question.
"Michael! Okay, I need your help come down here!" Ashton yells, his voice shaky.
"Down where? where the fuck are you?" Michael says looking up at the ceiling.
I then tug his arm and show him the cabinet. Michael stares at me with wide eyes and points, I nod as he then looks back.
"This is messed up" he says, "How am I supposed to fit in there?" Micheal asks me, I shrug.
"If I can do it you can do it! So hurry up!" Ashton yells.
"If I can do to you can do it " Michael mocks as he enters the tunnel, getting down on his hands and knees.
He bonks his head when he first gets in a curses loudly, which dosn't stop until he reaches the bottom, and falling out as un-gracefully as possible. Luke then sits next to me and looks into the tunnel.
"How did you even find this?" He asks.
"Ashton" I answer.
Luke then presses his back against the wall and stretches his legs out as far as they can go before hitting the cabinet.
"Of course" he says, that's when it gets quiet.
I can feel him staring at me, and Ashton's voice races through my head of him saying he thinks I'm "hot". I start to get warm and sticky at of the though of it.
"Your tags sticking out" Luke says interrupting my thought, I turn cold as his hand then reaches for the collar of my shirt, where he tucks the tag back in. His fingers cool my warm body as he then slides them away from my back.
"Uh, thanks" I choke out. I open my mouth to say something else but I get cut off by Michael screaming.
"CALUM WAKE UP!" I hear him scream.
"YOUR HURTING HIM YOU IDIOT" Ashton yells in return, it then gets quiet again.
"Guys...?" I say, weakly poking my head in the tunnel.
I hear the sound of crying, but it's really faint.
"How are we gonna get him back up?" I hear Michael say, his voice watery.
"That's why I needed your help" Ashton responds.
"Guys what's going on!" I finally yell.
"Adele I need you to find a rope" Ashton says just loud enough for me to hear.
"A rope?" I say, "why!"
"Because theirs no-"
"Hey look, stairs" I hear Michael say.
"Uh-No, Michael how do we know where those lead to?" Ashton asks.
"Ashton we don't have to many other options! We're not gonna tie a rope around him and drag him up!" Michael yells sending a shiver down my spine. It then gets quiet, I wish I knew what was going on.
"Okay fine!" Ashton yells harshly, I then hear stomping. It grows quieter the more it happens, until I can't hear a thing.
"Guys!?" I yell, no response. "GUYS!?" I yell again.
"Well, that's just great" Luke say sarcastically.
All of a sudden the cabneit door slams shut and so does the bathroom door, "Even better" Luke says in the same tone.
We both sit in the crammed bathroom, not saying a word. I sigh and look at the now closed door, but I jump as I hear the sound of water running.
"Okay...that's not good" Luke says scared.
We both look towards the bath crammed in the corner, to find it filling up with water. I then get up and head to the door hopping and praying it's not locked. I pull and tug as hard as I can on the door knob but it won't budge. The door won't open.
Why.
Why why why whhhhyyyyyyy.
"No! Fuck! They're gonna drown us!" I scream.
Luke then goes to the tub and turns all the knobs and presses all the buttons he can. His hands shake as he tries to turn it off but no matter what way he turns the knobs it won't work.
"Shit," Luke whispers.
"No!" I scream. Luke's eyes then light up.
"The cabinet!" He yells over the sound of water running, he opens the cabinet but then frowns.
"Please no" I whisper.
"Something's blocking the other side" Luke says.
"No! No! No!" I say ramming myself into the door each time.
"Adele- Adele stop" Luke says as I keep slamming my body into the door. He then grabs my shoulders and turns me around. "Adele please stop" he says.
"I don't want to die," I say quickly.
"Your not going to I promise," Luke says.
"Luke don't make promises you can't keep" I respond in a whisper, Luke then frowns.
"Don't say that, don't say your gonna die" he says then looking behind him. "Just calm down."
"I don't wanna drown" I say.
"Adele I won't let you drown, don't worry. Come on, let's just find away to block the tub from running" Luke says.
"Okay, okay right" I say reassuring myself.
"Uh....um, do you have a jacket?" Luke asks.
"No" I say helplessly.
"Okay, that's okay. Um....we can use a shirt or something to block it" Luke says.
"Uh....yeah" I say, thinking since there's no supplies to block the water in this room. Luke then unbuttons his shirt, takes it off, and stuffs it up the faucet. Water sprays everywhere out of the crack that the shirt doesn't cover. I get closer to see if I can help in any way. But I just find myself just staring at Luke.
Water sprays towards him as he tries to keep it from filling the tub up. Everything about what he looks like right now is just perfect. His hair, his eyes, him- JUST EVERYTHING.
Sorry.
I then decide to stop drooling over the boy and to help by pushing the shirt in as well. I lean over as far as I can, pushing my hand into the squishy, wet shirt. Luke then takes his hands away slowly and so do I. The sound of rushing water stops, we both stand there breathing heavily.
"We did it" Luke says out of breath.
Right as I open my mouth to say something the shirt falls out and plops in the tub, which is almost filled up to the top. Tons of water gets vomited out of the tub faucet.
"Oh my god" I say, Luke reaches into the tub and grabs his shirt. He then puts in the sink and sighs.
"Okay so that didn't work" he says.
"What are we gonna do?" I say nervously.
"I don't know" Luke responds quickly. "We can try my shoe?" he suggest.
"I don't think that's gonna work" I say sighing. My brain then racks together a plan.
"Wait, the drain. The drain must be blocked by something" I say, Luke stares at me confused.
I then slowly put one leg at a time into the tub, water spills out of it and off the sides like a waterfall. The water is ice cold and stings my body when I first come in. My body becomes coated in the freezing water. I then get down on my knees and feel out for where a drain might be. I'd rather be a little cold then drown.
"No don't do that, your gonna be all wet-"
"Luke, I don't care" I snap.
"Okay, sorry. Do you need help?" He asks sighing.
"Yeah, but I don't know how you would be able to help" I say feeling the bottom of the tub.
"Uh...okay so your trying to figure out what's blocking the drain....I could try and block the water why you look?" Luke suggests.
"Yeah, then I can go closer the the faucet without getting drenched" I say nodding.
Luke then takes his shirt and shoves it back into the faucet again, which lets me reach right under the faucet where Luke towers over me. I feel around frantically until my hand stumbles upon a bump. I gasp as I grab the bump and tug on it. At first it dosn't budge. I then tug harder, and harder. I hold my breath as rip it out and then fall backwards in the tub. The sound of water spinnig down a drain fills my ears. I clutch, in my hand, a rusted old drain cap. The water then stops flowing. Luke drops his shirt and it splashes everywhere.
"You did it" he says, I smile widely.
"This is one of the more uncomfortable position I've been in for a while" I say laughing.
"Here, let me help you out" Luke says.
He extends his arm and I extend mine. He grabs mine helping me stand up. Then both his hands move to my waist, his hands become wet as he keeps me secure so I don't slip when coming out. I finally rest my feet on the ground.
"Thanks" I mumble smiling.
"You're welcome" he says child like.
He then pulls his hands off my waist and takes his drenched shirt and puts it back on. A sudden burst of coldness forces my wet body to become covered with goosebumps quickly.
"I'm cold now" Luke says looking down at his shirt.
"Me too," I say looking down at my own shirt.
That's when I realize how see though my shirt is. You can see my bra right though it. My whole shirt sticks to my body. I quickly take my wet shirt and start airing it out, cursing under my breath.
"It's not that bad" Luke says smirking, "your shirts fine" he continues.
"Why are you smiling at me like that Hemmings?" I question, wringing out the bottom of my shirt.
"Becuse you're cute" he simply answers.
I look up at him but then quickly turn my head as a loud slam fills my ears. The door hits the back of the wall and Ashton, Michael, and a terrible looking Calum stand there. It becomes awkwardly quite.
Luke stares at Ashton who looks at me in shock. I stare at Calum who looks at Michael with a confusesd look on his face. Michael looks at me but not in the eyes.
"Um.....what happened here?" Ashton says awkwardly.
"The tub" me and Luke both say at the same time. Ashton's eyes the widen.
"No no not like....." I start, Calum then grins but it fades away quickly.
"Oh...er, sorry" Ashton says scratching his head, "I just thought becuse you know..."
"Ashton, please shut up" Luke says pulling on the back of his neck.
Ashton bites his lip as it becomes quiet again. I cross my arms as Michael then sighs and looks at Calum.
Calum looks as if a car just hit him. My heart melts becuse he looks like a beaten puppy. Michael then claps once.
"Well we found Calum" He says, Calum awkwardly waves. Luke looks down also crossing his arms. I have a feeling he's not excited to see Calum.
"Adele you look awfully cold" Ashton says, that's when I relzize I was shivering really hard.
"Oh yeah, just a little chilly" I shrug. Luke clears his throat awkwardly and Michael sneezes like a kitten.
"Well....this couldn't be anymore awkward" Calum mumbles, his voice hoarse.
"Calum shut up" Luke snaps.
"Jeez, Luke stop being so feisty" Calum jokes.
"Oh! Yeah I'm the one who's being fiesty. Yeah, well Calum you were the one just trying to KILL ME A HOUR AGO!" Luke yells.
"Wh-what? What are you talking about?" Calum says confused.
"Oh god, Calum don't play that game with me. You know what I'm talking about" Luke says, rolling his eyes.
"Luke! Your making no sen-"
"NO YOURE MAKING NO SENSE! YOU WERE TRYING TO KILL ME WITH THE KNIFE THATS DOWNSTAIRS ON THE KICTHEN COUNTER!" Luke yells, then walking out the door and down the hall.
It then gets quiet again as we here Luke stomp down the stairs.
Calum's eyes water.
"What is going on?" He says, Michael pats his back.
"You tried to kill Luke earlier" he says, Ashton slaps his forehead.
"What are you guys talking about? No I didn't!" Calum responds, his voice cracks.
It then gets quiet again. Michael stares at me and right as I notice I look to the ground. I try to stop myself from shaking but it's too cold.
"You guys what's going on!" Calum exclaims.
"Calum it's okay, just admit that you did it" Michael mumbles.
"Do what! Why would I ever try to kill Luke! He's one of my best friends! You guys, whatever you pulling on me isn't funny!" Calum barely yells because his voice is hoarse. "I'll go down and talk to Luke" Ashton says.
"I'll go too" Michael says trying to get out of this awkward situation, "Adele can you stay here with Calum?" Michael asks.
"Yeah" I say.
They then walk down the stairs.
I make my way towards Calum, my shoes making a squeaking sound since they're so wet. I then go next to Calum and rest my back against the wall.
"Adele what did I do?" Calum asks.
"I don't know Calum, but it's gonna be okay I promise" I reassure him. Calum then, like me, rest his back up against the wall.
"I'm sorry for pushing you earlier and saying this is all your fault becuse it isn't at all and Im just scared and I'm in pain and don't know why everybody is pissed at me and-"
"Calum, It's okay, I promise you it's okay" I say touching his shoulder. He then sighs.
"Why are you so nice?" He asks, I smile.
"You were there for me, now it's my turn to be there for you."
----------------------------------------------
OMG IM SORRY THAT WAS A LONG TIME FOR NO UPDATING. I'll try and update more this week I'm sorry that took forever. Sorry if that was long like REALLY LONG.
Anyways WOW, a lot just happened right there, LIKE ALOT AGHHHH!!! Okay I don't want to say anything because I don't want to acedently spoil anything.... But I'm exited to write this next chapter!!!!!
THANK YOU FOR READING, COMMENTING, AND VOTING!!!! MAKES MY DAY :)
Love you guys for reading this and I'm really sorry that took so long!!!! And Sorry if there's errors like I've said before I'm terrible with grammar and spelling. Illy bi!!!! ❤️❤️❤️