Black and White

Tw: shooting, mentions of adult videos, language, death

This is for Mercy_Virgo bc they're not doing well. Please, go give them some love!

Blair, you're the best friend anyone can ever ask for. Please, dont listen to those idiots, you know who i mean. Youre amazing, talented, and very loving and kind. Youve been there for me when i needed you the most, and I wanna be there for you. This is to help, hopefully, cheer you up. I love you so much, Blair 💚💚💚💚💚

Virgil was walking, humming as he did. He hadn't ever seen color at all, honestly. Nobody in his world did until they met their soulmate.

He sighed as he went into work, the coffee shop hed worked at for two years now. He was eighteen...most of his friends had seen color already. He smiled as he put on the apron, singing to himself.

Looking around, he chuckled as a customer came in. The man had a mustache and looked extremely cocky.

"What may I he-" Virgil paused. Light started filling his vision as he stared into the mans, once grey, now green eyes. "Wow..." He whispered.

The man smiled some. "Hi," he said. "I uh...I'm Remus."

"Virgil," Virgil said, smiling some more. "It's nice to meet you, finally." He stepped out from behind the counter, admiring everything. He had always heard of colors. How bright anf beautiful it all was, mostly from his moms. But this...this was better than anything hed ever seen before.

Remus smiled some, looking around as well. "Roman always told me it all looked so good," he whispered. "Ever since he'd met Patton, he went on and on about colors....I always thought he was exaggerating." He chuckled as he reached down, taking Virgil's hand in his own.

Virgil blushed. "It's amazing," he mumbled. "Ah...w-would you like to, uh...get some lunch sometime?"

The other nodded, smiling. He squeezed Virgil's hand before giving his number and ordering.

~~~~~~~~~

Two years passed by, two wonderful years. Virgil kept at the coffee shop, working his ass off. He hadn't ever felt like going to college, especially when Remus made so much money from directing....ah....adult videos. But he didnt mind any of that, honestly.

Virgil was working one day, humming to himself. He started feeling sick, swimmy headed. He went to the back for a break, sitting down and blacking out.

He woke around fifteen minutes later to his phone ringing incessantly. He opened his eyes, sighing. He blinked, unable to see color....what the hell?

"Hello?" Virgil mumbled, answering the phone. "Yes...this is him....what happened? What? No no, he-he can't...how?" He mumbled, tearing up. He held himself before hanging up, rushing out the door.

Virgil got to the hospital quickly, rushing to Remus's side. He pulled down the sheet covering his loves face. No more color. He couldn't see the green and grey in Remus's hair, or the soft pink of his lips.

He let out a soft sob, eyes closing. His love was gone, dead. Someone had shot him. He was gone...

~~~~~~~~~~

Virgil bit his lip as he got into class. It had been a year since Remus had passed, and Virgil had started going back to school. You couldn't live off of a coffee shop pay for long.

He sighed, sitting in his literature class, the first day. He sat near a man with glasses, not talking to him. He looked too much like Remus, that was enough for Virgil to stay silent.

The end of class came, and Virgil felt a tap on his shoulder. "Yes?" He asked.

He locked eyes with the man with glasses. Blue, everywhere. His eyes, his tie, even his books. "Blue," Virgil whispered.

The man blushed. "Ah...purple," he said. "Apologies. Im uh....I'm Logan." He smiled, holding out his hand.

Virgil smiled some. "I'm Virgil," he whispered. Maybe it was a good thing to talk to Logan...maybe he could find his love again in him.