Nightmares (Intruxiety/Dukexiety)

TRIGGER WARNING !!MAJOR!!: Death, suicide, nightmares, self harm, self hate, harsh words, screaming, refusing sleep/help. Please, with this one, let me know if I miss ANYTHING and i will change the warning.

This is an original idea of mine, with help from lunaeclispe22 for who should be put with Remus

Onto the story

Intruxiety/Dukexiety

Blood. Everywhere. Remus stood, shocked. He looked around, trying to find the source. There. In the middle of the closet, hanging by a rope. Virgil, his arms bleeding. Red rivers running down his wrists, and his head lolled to one side, eyes closed. His face and body were sheet white, and his lips blue, devoid of all traces blood and life.

"No...no Virgil!" Remus finally found his voice, running over with tears falling down his cheeks. "NO!" He fell to his knees at Virgil's feet, a heartbroken sob racking through his body.

Remus shot up in bed, screaming. He jumped up, running to his boyfriend's room and throwing open the door.

Virgil quickly woke up. "Remus?" He asked, rubbing his eyes as Remus ran over. The other jumped on Virgil, clinging to him and shaking. "Woah woah, whats wrong?"

Remus let out a sob, holding Virgil close to him. "V-vir-rgil y-you're o-ok-kay," he gasped out, hugging onto his boyfriend tightly.

Virgil rubbed Remus's back. "I'm ok, I promise. What happened, Rere?" He didn't let go of Remus, gently shushing him ajd rubbing his back. He knew Remus got nightmares...but this bad?

Remus pulled away after half an hour of hokding Virgil. "I-im sorry, V...i-i just... Nightmare and..." He cut himself off. "You were d-dead..."

Virgil sighed softly. "I'm not dead, Remus. Babe, I'm right here, I promise you. And I'm not going anywhere." He gave Remus a gentle kiss, laying back and pulling the other with him. "Stay in here for tonight, ok?"

Remus nodded, talking deep breaths. They both fell asleep in one another's arms.

Six months later. The nightmares have gotten worse, much worse. So bad Remus's body wouldn't let him wake up sometimes. This caused Remus to stop sleeping all together, horrified of seeing that scene again.

Virgil was worried immensely for Remus. This had caused a lot of fights between the two, and any normal person could see the emotional toll the arguments took on Virgil. Right now he was trying to get Remus to sleep, failing again.

"Remus just take a nap!" Virgil yelled, obviously frustrated. "You almost fell over while helping De handle his snake!"

Remus brushed past him, "Virgil. I've told you I'm ok, now leave me be." He went towards their room.

"No, Remus! I'm not leaving you alone, you have bags under your eyes darker than my eye shadow!" Virgil grabbed his arm. "Don't. Leave. You walk away from this to anywhere other than to sleep, then I'm done. You refuse to tell me what the dreams are about, Rem, i can't help if I don't know."

"I don't want your fucking help, Anxiety!" Remus screamed, yanking his arm away. "So just go away and bother someone else! Your constant worrying is annoying and agitating me, and you're right. We're done." Remus stormed off, leaving the light side of the mind and going to The dark sides place.

Virgil stood there, shocked. His hands were shaking slightly. He'd yelled at Remus. Remus broke it off. He was just a bother, bugging him. Annoying him. Now Remus was done with him. He didn't care anymore.

Virgil ran to his room, laying down. He felt tears streak down his face, but no sound escaped his lips.

Another six months. Six months since the two broke up. Another six months of little sleep for Remus.

Six months of self loathing for Virgil. Six months of hurting, hiding, barely eating. Six months of heartbreak. Of words floating through his mind. Of worry from the other three. Of sorry looks from Deceit.

Six months of no words from Remus. No late night talks, no teasing, no nothing.

Virgil just...he was done. He couldn't take it anymore. He was in his room, the others visiting De and Remus. It was time.

First, Virgil carved words into his arms. Deep cuts he knew would last even if this failed. Annoying. Agitating. Anxiety.

He didn't bother to bandage them. It wouldn't matter anyways. Virgil let the words bleed down his arms, letting the blood run like rivers.

He went to the closet, grabbing the rope he'd had ready for two months. Virgil tied it up, grabbing a chair. He couldn't even feel his arms, couldn't feel his body. Couldn't feel anything. He was numb.

He stood on the chair, fastening the rope around his neck. Kicked the chair out from underneath himself.

Snap.

Six months. Six months of Remus wanting to run to Virgil, to apologise. Six months of him wanting to hold Virgil in his arms. Six months of torturing himself. Six months of nightmares bleeding into walking hours.

Six months of waiting, finally over.

Remus took a breath. The others were with Deceit, so he knew it was only himself and Virgil in the light sides place.

Step. One more step before he could open the doorknob.

Remus took a deep breath, forcing himself to turn the knob.

The stench of copper hit him like a wall. He stepped back, confused. Remus looked down, dark red spots littering the purple carpet.

"No no no!" He yelled. This couldn't be happening, not now, not ever. He instantly knew where to look.

Remus went straight for the closet, stoping dead in his tracks. "VIRGIL!" He screamed, dropping to his knees at Virgil's feet.

Six months of nightmares, six more of them being worse. One year total.

Six months of worry. Six of depression. One year with Remus not acting himself.

Now that all turns to a forever of Remus living without Virgil. Because of one. Stupid. Nightmare.