All Alone (Platonic DRLAMP)

TRIGGER WARNING: cancer, multiple deaths, crying, suicide attempt, sad Bois. Lemme know!

Hahaha love angst. Based on the prompt above.

DRLAMP Platonic

There used to be six of us…now I’m alone,” Logan told the nurse, staring down at his scrapbook. This all started with one trip, one he’d never forget. Five other people from around the country. They all went to DC, a foundation paid for them to go. He ran his hand down the spine of the book, eyes watery.

She sighed softly. “I know, Logan. It’s horrible what you guys have to go through.” Nurse Anika had been at that hospital since right before Logan started chemo a little over a year before that. Now it’s been one year and three months since the trip. They had grown together, and she had been the one to recommend him go on the trip. 

Logan nodded. “Nobody should have cancer,” he mumbled softly. “Especially not them...they didn’t deserve this, Anika…” He opened the book, looking at all the pictures the six had taken together. He remembered each of them well, from the youngest to the oldest.

The first picture was taken when they all arrived to DC in July, to years to the day prior to Logan looking back on it. They all made fun of one another’s accents. In order, left to right, was also youngest to oldest. 

Virgil Gray, he was only thirteen when they went on the trip. He was from California, and though he was anxious and shy, eventually opened up. He was funny, talkative when he wanted to be, and very protective of the others, though he was the youngest of the group. He had osteosarcoma, not rare and not normally deadly, unless it spread.

The next oldest was Declan Dolo, or DeDe, from Kansas. He was only fourteen, a few months older than Virgil, and had tried to act as if he didn’t care. He always sat by himself, not talking until the third day, When he started talking, he made up these elaborate stories, but his smile always gave them away as fiction. DeDe would tell the others false tales of their own lives, and they’d laugh about it a lot. He had ALL, or acute lymphoblastic leukemia. It’s one of the most common cancers in children under the age of 18, and he’d actually gone into remission a month before the trip.

Next in line were the fifteen year old twins from New York, Roman and Remus Prince. They were both smiling and hanging on one another, Roman on the left and Remus on the right. Roman had his arm around DeDe and Remus had his around a very reluctant looking Logan. They both had recurring Wilms tumors, and had since they were around three or so. That never stopped the two from acting and singing. Despite their differences, they had only had one another their whole lives, so they were close. The two would put on little performances in the relaxing room the foundation had reserved in the hotel they were staying at.

The next in line was Logan Barry at age sixteen, only one month before turning seventeen. He was looking annoyedly at Remus, but a slight bit of amusement stayed in his eyes. He was from Oklahoma, and had been diagnosed eight months prior with mediastinal grey zone lymphoma. Of all of them, he had the best survival chance. He had six rounds of chemo, then a ton of radiation. He was waiting anxiously until after the trip for the PETscan to tell him it was gone. He had a book under his arm he had been reading on the plane.

The last, and oldest, was Patton Bale from Florida. He was only seventeen when they went, having turned it two months before. He took care of everyone in the group when they all went out, taking especially good care of the youngest. He always had a smile, making sure everyone was ok and happy while they were there. Patton had Non-Hodgkin’s B-Cell lymphoma, having already relapsed twice. He was scheduled for a Bone Marrow Transplant the month after the trip, this being his last big thing before he had to be in the hospital for almost two months.