Stargazing (Analogical)

TRIGGER WARNING: abuse. Honestly I think thats it. As usual, lemme know if there's something else

This was inspired by a prompt from Mercy_Virgo from her story ideas book. It inspired a roleplay with us, and i asked if i could use it.

Have fun! I warned about angst ones 🤣🤣 also sorry this one is so short

Analogical

Virgil had had enough. Currently he was mid panic attack and running outside. He and Roman had gotten into a fight, and things got heated. Let's just say it didn't end well for Virgil by any means.

He got outside, breathing in the fresh night air. Virgil's body gave up and he collapsed, crying. He started tugging at his hair, barely able to move. His breathing was rapid, like he couldn't catch his breath.

This went on for a bit until he heard footsteps behind him. Virgil paled, forcing the panic to the back of his mind. He looked behind him and saw Logan with a telescope.

"Salutations, Virgil. I didn't expect to see you out here." Logan didn't spare the anxious trait a glance, just set up his telescope.

Virgil gulped. "U-uh hi L-Logan..." He mumbled. "Wh-why are you h-here?"

Logan looked over. "I come out often to watch the stars. Near every night, I suppose." He finished setting up his telescope and sat next to Virgil. "What are you doing out here?"

Virgil tensed. "Uh... Panic attack..." He mumbled. Virgil's hand went to his stomach, wincing slightly. He prayed logan didn't notice. "F-fight with Roman got bad."

Logan hums. "Well I don't mind company, Virgil. Especially yours. You're.... Less eccentric than the other two." He looked over at Virgil. "Would you like to stargaze with me?"

Virgil smiled slightly. "Y-yeah.... I'd like that, Logan."

The two spent from then (around midnight) to sunrise (seven am) laying on the ground and watching the stars. Both let go of their worries, both just smiled and laughed with one another.

But eventually, that had to end. Daybreak came and they went inside, Roman instantly at Virgil's side.

Logan sighed. He started to see what was going on with those two relationship wise. He'd guessed after seeing Virgil hold his stomach that night, he just didn't want it to be true.

However when Logan walked in on Virgil changing clothes, he drew the line. "Virgil!" Logan's eyes went wide.

Virgil's back had cuts all along it, some looking infected. When he turned around, bruises could be seen on his stomach and chest, as well as hand marks around his neck. The anxious side wore a tear stained expression, looking all but broken.

"L-Logan?" Virgil stuttered out. He started panicking. "N-no go away!"

Logan couldn't move. "Virgil...did Roman do this?" His voice was eerily calm as Virgil slowly nodded. Logan's hands clenched into fists. He took a deep breath. "Let's check those out, ok?"

Logan led the younger trait to the bathroom, gently examining and cleaning the cuts. He didnt make Virgil explain, they both sat there in silence.

When he finished, he sighed. "Virgil...i need you to answer me. How long has this been going on?"

Virgil flinched, looking at the ground. "S....six months..." He mumbled.

Logan felt rage bubbling up inside of him. "I see..." He got up. "Im going to talk to Roman about this."

Virgil grabbed Logan's wrist, looking up at him with wide eyes. "Don't," he pleaded. "He-he'll either hurt you or me and I-I don't want that."

Logan bit his lip, sighing. "Alright....ok. Later then."

Virgil nodded, sighing softly in relief. He mumbled a thanks. Then Virgil tugged Logan's hand. "Thank you, Logan."

The logical trait sighed. "Of course Virgil."

The results of that day are as follows: Virgil left Roman, and tensions were high in the house. Logan did everything he could do to keep the two separated, including telling Patton, who was very upset. They all talked and scheduled Roman to meet with Dr. Picani once a week for anger management.

As for Logan and Virgil's relationship? It took a while, but the two got together. It has blossomed into a beautiful, loving relationship. And the two couldn't be happier.