Purposeful Hurt

Tw: "strong" language from Evan, lioness, cuts, bruises, dragon witch, getting hurt, implied blood, mention of panic

The character of Evan that is used was created and owned by lunaeclispe22  for her stories. He represents Innocence. I do not own him. If you wish to use him for anything, ask her

"Why?" Evan mumbled softly. He was looking over Remus as he sighed, having watched him do many dangerous things with his brother. He hated when Remus did things like this.

Today, it had been jumping off the roof....into a dragon's den. With the dragon witch still inside. While Virgil and Evan had been watching. It had been stupid, dangerous, uncalled for, and made Virgil panic over whether or not Roman was ok.

Remus shrugged. "It was nice," he chuckled, winking. Evan rolled his eyes and sighed, but Remus could see the love that was there. The careful touches to the wounds, the light sighs as he found new ones that he hadn't seen before.

"That was so silly," Evan whispered. "I can't believe you'd..." He paused as Remus started to laugh. "Ok, yes I can. But still," he mumbled, bandaging up Remus's leg. "Did you and Roman have to do that?"

"Yes," Remus whispered quietly. He knew Evan would be confused, but Remus also knew when enough was enough. He knew his limits... but he liked getting hurt.

Not in the way you might think, though. No, he didn't like being hurt. He loved being helped when he was hurt, having Evan taking care of him like this. He loved having someone who cared enough to fret over him every time he did something stupid.

Evan sighed and shook his head. "No," he hummed. "No, it was irresponsible and dangerous and-" He paused. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

Remus smiled. "No reason," he whispered quietly.

A few days passed, and Evan was getting annoyed. "Remus Sanders," he groaned. "What did you get into this time?" He crossed his arms, waiting for an explanation from his boyfriend.

He shrugged. "I was in a fight with a lioness," Remus chuckled, holding his heavily bleeding arm. Evan winced at the sight, grabbing bandages and cleaning solution.

"You're not very smart, are you?" Evan whispered, cleaning Remus's wounds, as per usual. He didn't mind doing it, of course. He just wished Remus wouldn't be so reckless and silly and just... irresponsible. It scared Evan half to death, always wondering where Remus ended up during the day, wondering how many cuts and bruises and infections he'd have to deal with when he came home to him.

Remus hummed and smiled. "Smarter than you think, flower," he winked. He laughed at the disbelieving look he got from his boyfriend. "Why do ya look so unsure?" He teased gently, kissing Evan's cheek.

"I dunno," Evan sighed. "How many times have you gotten hurt in the past month doing stupid and dangerous things?"

"More times than you know about...?" Remus hummed.

"Remus no-"

Remus laughed, but ended up getting cuddles that night, no matter how annoying he could be.

A few more days passed and Evan was dragging Remus home by the ear. "Why?" He asked. "Why do you do these things, Remus? It's stupid, immature, irresponsible-" He groaned. "You're giving me that look again. What in the world are you thinking about now?"

Remus smiled and kissed him. He sat down, pulling Evan into his lap. "You wanna know why I do this?" He whispered gently.

Evan nodded some, tired of watching Remus get hurt so often. It was scary, honestly.

He sighed. "Well," Remus whispered, "I do this to get you to watch over me. I never get hurt too bad, I can't in the imagination. But... I'll admit, I love seeing that worry and love in your eyes."

Evan gave him a look. ".... You have to be kidding me," he sighed, making Remus laugh. "Don't laugh, mister! You're in big trouble!" He was pouting as Remus just laughed harder. "You're-You're a big old meanie head!"

Remus was cracking up at the point. He loved hearing Evan say things like that out of pure frustration with him. He slowly calmed down and kissed him. "Evan," he whispered. "You're adorable. And I love you. That's why I get hurt," he whispered gently, pushing Evan's hair from his face.

"The face you get when you concentrate is just so..." He paused. "Adorable. Hot, cute. Everything I could ever want. You're everything I could ever want, all wrapped up with a pretty little bow."

Evan blushed and stuttered, hiding his face into Remus's neck. "Just stop getting hurt on purpose, ok?" He mumbled.

Remus smiled and nodded, kissing Evan's head. "Ok, flower," he chuckled softly.