Sick Day (Analogical)

TRIGGER WARNINGS: refusal to sleep, refusal to eat, overworking, lemme know if you see more

Short and sweet. Got this prompt from lunaeclispe22 SHES AMAZING PLEASE GO FOLLOW HER AND READ HER BOOKS

Anyways, back to the story. Hope you guys like it, and requests are always open, kiddos! 💚

Analogical

What had it been? Three days? Four? Logan couldn't remember, he was too busy. He checked his watch. "Ah...five days no sleep." He chuckled a bit.

Logan had been working on a project for Thomas. Therefore, he didn't stop. He won't admit it, but he's a workaholic. However this seemed to be the worst bout of overworking himself yet. Patton kept dropping by, bringing him food....but it was still on his desk. All of it. From...how long ago? Almost a week?

He sighed, rubbing his eyes. "Just...one more thing," he told himself.

There was a knock at his door. "Logan?" Ah, Virgil. "Hey you in there, teach?"

Logan stood, instantly getting dizzy. He braced himself on his desk and waited for the world to stop spinning before opening his door. "Virgil." He looked the anxious trait up and down. "How may I be of assistance?"

Virgil pushed his way into Logan's room. It's not the first time he's done this. "I was hoping we..." He stopped right inside the doorway, looking around. "Logan it's a mess in here!"

The other man sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Thank you, Virgil. I hadn't noticed." His voice held a sarcastic time that normally wasn't there.

Virgil turned around. "Logan...how long has it been since you slept? You look like me with my eyeshadow on."

He made a face. "Four...no five days? I've lost count." Logan wasn't afraid to admit that, seeing no problem with it.

The smaller trait's eyes widened. "Logan! How long has it been since you ate?"

He paused. "Umm..." Logan looked at the pile of food. "One week?" He could see the other looking slightly panicked and moved to comfort him. However, when he did, his head spun again and he fell to his knees.

"Logan!" Virgil was instantly at his side. "Oh my god, you idiot." He helped Logan up, taking him to his bed. "Stay. Im grabbing some food, movies, and my pillows." And eith that Virgil left, not letting Logan say another word.

Logan did as told, afraid that if he moved he'd fall again. He did shift to a laying position, his head now pounding since he didn't have his focus on work.

Virgil came back around five minutes later. He held a trsy of toast and crofters, and some pillows under his arm. He also had a comforter (duvet? Something like that, the big blanket on beds) around his shoulders.

"Lay down against your headboard." Virgil walked over, putting the tray of food on the bed as Logan slowly scooched back. "Here." He put the blanket over him, and when Logan smelled it (it hit his face, he's not weird), it smelled like Virgil.

"Thank you, but you do not need to do this," Logan stated. "I will be perfectly fine."

Virgil gave his 'i don't believe you' look. "Uh huh. You collapsed Logan, you're lucky I haven't told Patton yet."

Logan looked horrified. "He will go 'dad mode' on me, please refrain from doing so."

Virgil chuckled. "Then do what I say. Eat." He pointed to the tray.

Logan grabbed it, taking a bite. "Thank you, Virgil. However after this I must get back to-"

"Nope," the anxious side cut him off. "Nuh uh. Nada, no way. You're staying in bed the rest of the day and tomorrow. Whatever project you're working on can wait."

Logan tried protesting but Virgil ignored him, instead laying beside the logical side and curling up. He grabbed one of the pieces of toast. "Take a bite," Virgil ordered.

Logan did, unable to stop a blush from rising in his cheeks. He chewed and swallowed the food. "Thank you Virgil. But I can feed myself."

"I know," he shrugged. "Not as fun though." Virgil got up, putting in a movie. "Big Hero 6. I know you like it."

Logan gave him a smile, thanking him once more before turning to the television. They made it halfway through the movie before Logan started falling asleep. "Virgil?" He asked tiredly.

"Hmm?" Virgil looked up at him, still curled into Logan's chest. "What is it, Lo?"

Logan's eyes were closed. "Love...you..." He said, falling into a deep sleep.

Virgil blushed madly but smiled. "I love you too, Logan." He curled back up, sleeping not long after.