Those Blue Eyes (Okita Sougo) "Heather"

Start from the beginning

"Hey, Sou-chan- come closer to me! It's so cold-" (Y/N) turned to look back at Sougo but she paused when she saw Sougo standing, staring at someone.

(Y/N) frowned when she looked at Sougo, there was this soft look in his eyes, and even the corner of his lips were slightly tugged upwards at the sight. She then followed his trail of sight and saw her.

Those blue eyes shining so bright, pale skin and vermillion hair- It was Kagura from the Yorozuya House. (Y/N) furrowed her eyebrows worriedly- was this actually the reasonn he picked a lot of fights with her?

He wanted her attention?

Slowly, (Y/N)'s grip on the bag tightened and she looked down. All this time- she had been falling in love with him but he was falling in love with someone else.

"Hey, quit spacing out you idiot." She felt Sougo suddenly flick her forehead and when she looked up he was walking away with his hands in his pockets.

"W-Wait....It's not confirmed yet!! Ahahahah! R-Right?....I still have a chance, right?" (Y/N) asked herself in an unsure voice, she turned to look at Kagura who was walking Sadaharu and (Y/N) shook her head

"Hey, do you wanna stand there all day?" Sougo calls out irritatedly at her.

"H-Hold on!! I'm coming!"

As they walked away, bright blue eyes followed after (Y/N)'s figure.

"Well, what an interesting human~" A smirk appears on his lips as he spoke to himself, eyes locked on (Y/N).

Brighter than the blue sky,

She's got you mesmerized

While I die

"Sou-chan, what do you think?.....Curry or Ice cream?" (Y/N) was sitting opposite of Sougo in a cafe. She was going over tons of documents but Hijikata was growling and shouting about in the Headquarters so (Y/N) asked Okita to accompany her outside instead.

"I think that she's a messy eater." Okita held back a chuckle, and (Y/N) furrowed her eyebrows in confusion at what he said- which was completely unrelated to her question- he wasn't even listening to her.

She looked up and saw Okita leaning his chin on his palm, his red eyes looking straight at something that was beyond (Y/N)- but there it was again, that soft and gentle look in eyes that she rarely saw.

(Y/N) clicked her tongue and whipped her head around to find Kagura sitting with Shinpachi, Otae and Gintoki- Kondo-san was under their table as well. Kagura had a bunch of food stains, and crumbs around her mouth as she ate up everything on the table.

".....I'm dying here, Sou-chan." (Y/N) sighed deeply and planted her face on the table with a lost look in her eyes.

She felt her eyes sting as tears threatened to fall. She didn't even need to ask- Sougo wasn't a very expressive man, and because of that monotone look he always had no one could easily tell what he was thinking or feeling.

But (Y/N) knew- she knew because she's been with him for the longest time.

Right now, he looked peaceful, happy and.....gentle.

He looked like he was in love.

'I don't even need to ask him....that look says it all, Sou-chan- you found someone you love, huh?.....Why couldn't you find me instead?' (Y/N) smiled bitterly as she looked back down at her paperworks.