just great

Levi's POV:

The first thing I did was call my father. I knew if I was dealing with Marcus then I wasn't going to waste my time.

The phone dialled and after the 2nd ring he answered.

"Levi?"

"Dad... I need your help." I said. I tried my best to keep my voice stable but it cracked when I thought about Aiden.

"What's wrong?" He asked. Obviously hearing my voice sound so broken was concerning. Especially since we don't exactly talk to each other every day.

"It's Marcus." I say.

We spoke for about an hour discussing the situation and what was to happen. He booked a flight over here whilst on the phone with me and he should arrive tomorrow morning. I really needed him.

My dad has been an FBI agent for over 40 years now. Right out of college he started his training now he's very successful and adores his job. The second I told him Aiden had been kidnapped he jumped on the case. Knowing I have my dad there to help me is very reassuring. I have hope.

My dad hung up the phone and I was left with my thoughts. Sitting alone in mine and Dylan's bedroom. My family hates me.

I kept a huge secret from all of them and now their sister is in danger. I wouldn't blame them if they never wanted to speak to me again. I just knew I needed my baby girl back home and safe.

I trudged over to the dresser in our room which kept Dylan's candy stash and a small array of alcohol. When I opened the little cabinet on the bottom I ran my fingers along the bottles and stopped when I found the whiskey. I didn't bother grabbing a glass and instead unscrewed the cap and took a large swig.

Every time I swallowed the beverage my mind filled with pictures of my sweet daughter begging for help. Begging for me to come save her. Then I would see the boys. They would yell at me for losing her. They were so mad. Finally I'd see my wife. Tears running down her face and anger in her eyes. She would slap me. Tell me I'm a horrible person and she wishes she never married me.

With all these visions in my head and the amount alcohol in my system increasing every few seconds as I gulped down the bottle, I passed out.

4 days later...

Preston's POV:

"Fuck off and leave me alone." Yelled Dean as he slammed the front door. The past 4 days had been hell.

We had found dad passed out in his room the day Aiden was kidnapped and I was beyond pissed.

My sister, his daughter, was missing and he was drinking his life away?

Yesterday he decided to tell us about his childhood growing up with Marcus, the guy and our supposed uncle who kidnapped Aiden. I don't know what to feel about dad right now. He kept a huge secret from us and now Aiden was suffering the consequences.

Our Grandpa arrived here 3 days ago and has been non stop working on finding Aiden. I tried to pitch in as much as I can but they tell me they only want the 'adults'. Ridiculous since I am an adult myself. I know the only reason I'm not allowed to help them is because they think I'm going to be too stressed and irrational.

I'm literally a cop.

I'm a lot more helpful than my secret keeping father.

The only reason I've stayed out of it so far was because mom has asked me to let it go. She said she needed help with my siblings and so that's what I'm doing. Or at least, trying.

They are taking Aiden's kidnapping just as bad as I am.

Noah and Hayden have barely talked and only leave their rooms to get food or use the bathroom. Plus school. I know that they have been getting aggressive at school which is very unlike them. I've been called in to pick them up because they've gotten into fights twice now.

Dean has always been angry and moody but it's increased tenfold since Aiden's been gone. He ditches school everyday, is rarely ever home, and picks a fight with you every time you try to talk to him.

Greyson and Emerson have been doing their best to stay calm as to be a good example for our younger siblings but I know they're hurting. We don't know where our sister is. Or if she's hurt.

I think about how Aiden is feeling every second she's been gone.

She must be terrified.

A loud bang knocks me out of my thoughts and I focus my attention on a hole in the living room wall. Then my fist started throbbing.

Well that's just great.

Suddenly I felt something drop down my cheeks and my hand shot up to touch it. It was a tear.

I quickly grabbed my keys and ran out the door to my car. There was a spot just outside of our town that I used to take Aiden when she was younger.

Usually I would take her when the boys were annoying her too much and she needed some air. Then she started asking me to take her here. It became a little tradition. We would take my car and drive out to get ice cream before coming out to the spot and then we'd sit on a bench and eat it. We haven't done that in 3 years.

When I reached the destination I parked the car and didn't even bother locking the doors before jogging up the hill.

This place was a bit of a hike to get to but once you did it was very rewarding. The view at the top of the hill was breathtaking. It's a bit cliche I guess but oh well.

When I finally reached the top of the hill I allowed the built up frustration to release. Tear after tear streamed down my face and I choked on my sobs.

For what felt like hours I sat at the edge of the small cliff, my arms wrapped loosely around my knees as I allowed myself to cry.

I want my sister back.

______________________________
Hope you liked this chapter! Thank you so much for all the support with comments and voting! It makes my day seeing all the positivity🥰

Next chapter will most likely be in Aiden's POV and I'm sorry if all the POV switches are getting annoying. I make sure to mark it down every time I do switch between character though so hopefully it's not too confusing.