my phone died

"Aiden?"

My head snapped up quickly my gaze snapping from my shoes to the surprised face of Gael.

Feeling extremely overwhelmed with the whole situation I lunged on him, my arms quickly wrapping around his waist. I can't believe I found him.

"Aiden why the hell why are you here?" He asks, quickly pulling me into his house. Immediately I started warming up.

"I-I-I....t-they....l-lost." I stutter, holding back my sobs. I was so relieved right now I couldn't form a proper sentence.

"Okay, okay, calm down. Why don't you go sit down on the couch and I'll make you some hot chocolate." He offers. I smile and he smiles back, wiping my fallen tears from my eyes.

I trudge over to the couch and sit down, revelling in the warmth it provided.

"Alright here you are. I texted Dean and told him where you were and he's on his way." He says, handing my my hot chocolate and pulling a blanket over me. "Thank you." I say.

"What happened?" He asks.

Just as I finished telling him everything that happened a car pulled up to the house. Gaels face paled and he ran over to the window to see who it was. Weird.

I watched as his muscles relaxed and he opened the door for whoever was here.

"Thanks man." A voice says. Hearing the voice I jumped up from my spot and ran to the door. When I got there I wrapped my arms around the waist of my brother.

Dean was shocked at first but quickly recovered and wrapped his arms around me too. He rubbed my back gently to calm me and then pulled away from our hug.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Dean says angrily, shoving my face slightly.

"Rude." I say, now feeling much more comfortable with my brother here. Even if he was annoying.

"Why did you leave the parking lot?" He questions, his face scrunched up as if he couldn't comprehend my stupidity. To be fair, I couldn't either.

"I was-"

"Hey you guys I'm really sorry but my dad is going to be home soon and he gets really grumpy after work." Gael says, cutting off my explanation.

"No need to apologize. Thank you for helping me." I say, giving Gael a hug and smile. Dean thanks his friend too and then we leave.

"So?" Dean asks once we got on the road.

"I walked out of the school and your car wasn't in the spot it was in this morning so I looked around for it but I couldn't find you." I say.

"I texted you like 5 minutes after the bell rang. Dad came and picked up the car during class today because he had to go somewhere and mom had their car. We were supposed to walk home." He says, slightly annoyed.

"My phone died." I explain, knowing that he probably thought I was being stupid for not using my phone.

"We waited on the football field for 10 minutes but when you didn't meet up with us we started searching all around the school. Eventually we called the rest of the family and we all went out looking for you. Mom was crying. We were so worried." He says, his voice slightly wavering. Dean was getting emotional? About me?

"I'm sorry! I didn't know what to do so I tried walking home. Then..." I trailed off. I didn't want to worry anybody. I was scared too.

"It's okay. Although I'm sure we're gonna be scolded deeply, Mom definitely missed you too much to be that mad at you." He says, as we turn into our driveway.

"Ugh."

——

I was let off with a harsh scolding and painfully tight hug. It could've been much worse though. For example, dad got it way worse. Mom was furious with him for taking the car from us in the first place. I feel bad for dad. At least he won't have to worry about mom strangling him in his sleep. He's couch bound.

Poor guy. It wasn't his fault I decided to wander away from the school knowing full well I have the worst sense of direction on this planet.

I tried my best to sleep but I couldn't shake the guilty feeling I had in my chest.

Sighing, I slowly stepped out of my bed and wrapped a blanket around my shoulders. I then quickly padded my way downstairs to the living room where my dad lay on the couch looking somewhat comfortable.

I walked up to him and with the little space he left between him and the edge of the couch, I slipped between.

Almost immediately his arms wrapped around me and he pulled me close. Now I feel better.

———

"Look at my sweet babies!" A gentle voice cooed.

My eyes opened and I rubbed at them painfully until I could properly see.

"Mom?" I ask. She smiles and snaps a picture. 

"What's going on here?" Preston says from behind mom. She turns around quickly and practically jumps.

"Look how adorable this is!" She squeals, pointing at dad and I. Dad was still asleep and had his arms tightly wrapped around me so I couldn't even get up and protect myself from the teasing.

"Awwww little baby wrapped up in her daddy's arms!" Preston coos teasingly.

"Shut up!" I say.

I try to push away from dads death grip but it was impossible.

"Help me?" I ask. Mom leaves the room with a smirk and I groan, looking up at Preston for help.

To my surprise he walks up to me and reached out for my hand.

When I reach my own hand out he grabs it and try's pulling.

"Um OW!" I say when my body feels like it's about rip into 2.

He then tries to grab my by pulling under my arms which ends in me probably having bruises there now.

"I have an idea." Preston says.

"Okay whatever just get me out of here. I have to use the bathroom." I say quickly.

He walks down to the other end of the couch. He lifts the blanket and attacks dads feet with his hands. Dad snorts and before I can even think about getting away from him he shoves me off the couch and I land on my stomach.

Preston smiles and walks out of the room just like mom did.

I got up from the very uncomfortable position I had fallen into on the floor and brushed away the non-existent dust off my clothes.

"What's for breakfast?"

______________________________
Hope you liked this chapter! The past few chapters have been a bit boring so I'm hoping the next one will turn out the way I want it to, in which case it should be more interesting!