explanations

Levi POV:

I'm so frustrated.

With everything.

My poor little girl is out there somewhere with my psychotic brother and she doesn't even know who he is. None of them do.

Well Dylan does.

Around 2 years after we started dating she was adamant about needing to know more about my childhood and family life. She had met my parents a few times but they were rarely home. I ended up telling her about Marcus and she was nothing but supportive. It was kind of a sensitive topic for me.

I hadn't planned on ever telling the kids about my brother. I thought it would be better if they didn't know he existed since knowing about him would only bring up questions that I didn't even fully know how to answer. Now look where that's landed me.

"You have a brother?" Preston asks me. Everybody was quiet. They were waiting for answers now.

"Yes." I answered honestly. I obviously couldn't lie to them now.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Hayden asks.

Him, Noah, and Dean, all sat together on the couch. Each of their nervous tics running wild.

Hayden was bouncing his leg furiously, Dean kept messing up his hair and tousling his fingers through it, and Noah was biting his nails so hard you could hear it from across the room.

They were scared and confused and it was my fault.

"Marcus is dangerous." Is all I say.

"Levi..." Dylan drags. I turn to my wife with a desperate look and she shakes her head. I had to tell them.

"Marcus isn't a good man. Ever since I could remember he's been jealous and angry. When we were kids I'd try to get him to play with me and he would shove me away. When I was 6 he tried to kill me 3 times. By drowning me, by suffocating me, and then again by pushing me down the stairs. He had issues." I told them. I let this information sink in before continuing.

"He moved out as soon as he turned 18 after our prenant tried to make him go to therapy. I hadn't heard word about him until 6 years later. He had been arrested. This wasn't too much of a shock to me. But that's wasn't all. He had been arrested in Italy for the murders of 10 people. Later on the police had learnt that he was the leader of a gang." I said.

"A gang? Like guns and drugs?" Noah asked. I nodded my head at him.

"He was transferred to a maximum security prison in Italy and that was the last news I had heard about him. I didn't want to see him nor did I want to know about how he was doing."

"A couple weeks ago I got a call from my dad saying Marcus had escaped from the prison and they had no idea where he was." I said.

"You knew he was out of prison?" Dylan asks. I hadn't even told her.

"Yes I did. I was stupid. So stupid. I didn't think Marcus would care enough about me that the first thing he would do when he escaped prison would be to buy a plane ticket to my city! That's why I didn't tell you. I didn't think and I'm sorry." I said. I felt defeated. My heart hurt and my eyes burned with tears. I never meant for my daughter to be taken from me.

I knew if I told Dylan she would've had our family on lockdown. I didn't want that for the kids. They needed to live their lives. Turns out I should've been more cautious. This whole thing is all my fault.

As I looked around the room I could tell my family felt betrayed. I had kept a huge secret from them and now that could cost them their sister. My baby girl.

I felt a hot tear slip down my cheek and I let it run down.

"Dad had a plan."

All of our heads snapped over to Gael.

Gael POV:

"He met my mom at a bar in Italy. I don't know the full story of how he became how and who he is now but from the minute I was born I was told to hate Levi Carter." I spoke up.

I felt bad for Levi. His whole family looked at him differently right now when the situation wasn't even his fault. The secrets shouldn't have been kept but we can't change the past. I decided to take the attention off of him.

"When I turned 4 he started training me in combat. Then at 7 I held my first gun. He never was a loving father. The only thing I knew he loved was my mother. He used to tell me horrible stories about how his brother would beat him turn his parents against him. He told me you tried killing him. I know now that that wasn't true." I said. Nobody said anything so I continued.

"When I was 14 I was let in on the plan. I was informed that this plan had been set before I was even born. He was obsessed. Half a year after I turned 17 we moved here. I was to be enrolled into your school and befriend the 'Carter kids'. I met Dean first. He was in almost all of my classes thanks to my father. After I had befriended him I met Aiden and the boys. This was the most important part of the plan. Making a good impression on Aiden. She was the key to success." I said sadly. It almost hurt telling this story. I couldn't believe how brainwashed I was.

"You became my friend to help your bastard of a father kidnap my sister?" Dean asked angrily.

I sighed.

"That was the original plan, yes." I say sadly.

"You, asshole!" He screamed, coming towards me and swinging his fist. I let him punch me. Over and over.

"Dean Carter, stop!" Dylan demanded. Dean halted at me once more before sitting back in his seat.

"Continue your story, Gael." Preston says, clearly not too far behind from Dean on the anger scale.

"After spending a few months with you guys I grew attached. I realized you were nothing like what my father made you out to be. I realized he lied to me. My whole life. Despite my anger I knew I had to let my father know I wasn't going to be a part of his plan anymore. I was going to tell you guys straight after I swear."

"When he found out he was furious. He beat me and then left me passed out on the ground. I guess in the time that I was out he took Aiden." I said.

I finished talking and nervously looked around the room. I wasn't expecting them to embrace me with love for what I've done but I was terrified that they would never want to speak to me again. Did they hate me?

"This is not forgiveness, let that be clear. However we could use you to help find Aiden. I don't trust you yet but so far you've proven yourself to be helpful and full of information. Thank you." Preston spoke.

I turned to him and smiled widely.

"I'll do everything I can to help you get her back."

________________________________
Hope you liked this chapter! Thank you for all the support with voting and comments on the last 2 chapters! I hope to be writing more often again but I've said that before and it didn't last long. I'm going to be doing what I can to get out chapters more frequently.

The picture at the top is there because I thought it was interesting. Nothing to do with the story.