why me?

Here's a tiny recap from the end of the chapter titled 'understand?'. That's where this chapter will be starting from but if the time changes I'll make sure to put a time stamp. I know it's been a long while since I last posted so you may have to go back and read if you don't remember.

Recap:

Unknown POV:

A range of emotions takes over me and I rush out the door. My legs are throbbing and begging me to stop moving but I can't.

I run as fast as I can with my wounds and when I finally reach the house I was looking for my hand reaches up to bang on the door.

Not even 5 seconds later the door swings open and I'm met with the angry face of Preston Carter.

"What the hell!?" He growls.

Present time, same POV:

"Gael man what the hell are you doing banging on my door and why do you look like hell?" Preston growls. I let out a small breath of relief.

"Look I'm sorry I just had to get your attention." I say. He scratches his neck.

"Well I think one knock would've done it. I heard you the first time." He says. I need to stop conversing with him and tell him why I'm here.

"Where's Aiden?" I ask. I really tried to keep my voice semi-calm but I guess he wasn't buying it because his eyebrows scrunched and his eyes narrowed.

"Why do you want to know?" He asks.

"Look I don't know how much time I have right now so you need to tell me where she is." I say.

"Look man, just because you're Deans friend doesn't mean you have the right to demand the location of my little sister." He says, his voice raising slightly. He felt threatened.

"Preston I swear to you that I will explain everything later. Right now all I can tell you is that Aiden is in danger and you need to tell me where she is. I understand that you're sceptical of me right now but I promise I mean no harm." I say, my voice pleading as I try to convince him.

I really do understand him. If someone came frantically knocking on my door asking for the location if my sister I'd be cautious too. Right now there just wasn't time for it.

"Danger? What the hell do you mean danger? Gael, what the fuck is going on I swear to god.."

"Tell me where she is!" I snap.

"Well we don't actually know right now." The oldest Carter sibling says. My eyebrows raise and my heart stops.

"What do you mean you don't know? Out of all the time I've known you, which I'll be honest hasn't actually been that long, you've never lost track of your sister. You are constantly checking in with her. Please explain to me why you don't know where she is now of all times?" I say, my voice growing more and more annoyed as I speak. We didn't have time to find out where she is. We needed to get to her now.

"Well before you came here pounding on our door like a maniac I was texting the boys. She was at the park with her friends but she wanted to leave so we told her Dean would come pick her up. She was told not to move from her spot at the park. Dean shows up to the park 30 minutes later and she's not there." He explains. If it was even possible my heart sinks even more.

"This is not good." I say, running my hands up through my hair.

"Ya no shit. She probably decided to walk home and got lost again." Preston says, his voice sounding slightly worried but mostly unimpressed.

"No man. It's a lot worse than that." I say.

————

Aiden's POV:

I wanted out. I wanted to go home. I wanted my mom to kiss my forehead and tell me I was alright, and my dad to cuddle me softly in his arms, protecting me from the man who stood in front of me.

I lost a fair amount of blood from the stab wounds and I was more lightheaded now.

"Since I'm a good uncle, I'm going to call it a night. Don't bother screaming or trying to get out of the chair. Even if you do this room is locked from the outside with my fingerprint so you'd better save your energy for tomorrow. Sleep tight, princess." Marcus says, smirking at my bloodshot eyes and tear stained face. I glared at him the best I good and he chuckled.

When he was out of the room I heard the door lock and I sighed deeply.

Then the lights turned off. I whimpered.

Now I was sat in a cold pitch black room, tied to a metal chair.

I shivered violently and then a tear dropped down my face.

Why me?

I spent what felt like hours sobbing silently and throbbing because of my wounds.

I want to go home.

————

I hope you liked this chapter! I know it was short and I'm sorry but it's taken me so long to be able to open my book because every time that I did, I wasn't feeling encouraged to write. That is why I ended this chapter here so I could have a fresh start in the next.