brothers aren't that bad

"What the fuck happened?!" Preston yells, staring in horror at my cheek. Everyone has reacted so horribly to it but I haven't even gotten to see.

"She got beat up" Noah laughs. Preston tenses and turns to him. "Why is it so funny to you that our sister got beat up?" He grits. Ya, Preston may have some anger issues. Noah laughs harder.

"Because she got beat up by a dodgeball"

"Is that true?" Preston asks, turning to me for confirmation. I blush and nod. Noah by now is rolling around on the ground laughing. I run up to him and kick his back.

"Hey, Hey, Hey!" Preston says, grabbing me and pulling me away from Noah. I'll get him later...

"Why did you try to hide your face from me?" Preston asks. I blush again. "Because I knew when you found out what happened, you'd tell the rest of the boys. I'm going to get made fun of for the whole week!" I whine. He smirks. "Well I'm not denying that" he says. I smack his arm but then remember that he's Preston when he grabs my hand in an iron grip.

"I-I was gonna hug you" I lie, growing scared of his expression. "Mhm, let me show you a real hug" he says. I scrunch my face in confusion but then Preston grabs me and hugs me. At first it was a normal hug, but then it was torture.

He squeezed me tightly and I gasped as he pulled my legs off the ground. He swung me around until I couldn't handle it anymore.

"Preston stop! I'm gonna be sick!" I cry. He sets me down quickly and I almost fall over in dizziness. "Now, never, 'hug', me again!" He says sternly. I nod and step into the car.

——

When we got home I jumped out of the car and ran inside to mom.

"Mom!" I screamed. I heard a loud sigh and mom entered the kitchen. "What's up, baby?" She asks, putting her book down on the table. I was about to scold her for calling me baby but then she looked up. "OH MY GOD AIDEN!" She squeals in horror. She grabs me in her arms and starts rubbing my face and kissing me. "My baby!" She cries. I roll my eyes.

"I'm fine mom" I say, wriggling in her arms to get away. Unfortunately she was in mama bear mode. Nothing I do will help.

"Who hit you?!" She growls. Eheh, funny story...

Suddenly dad runs into the room. "Who hit w-"

"What the fuck?!" He yells, running towards me and mom. He, like mom, pulls me into his arms and does the same thing as her. He starts examining my bruise and I wince.

Preston and Noah then walk in.

"Save me!" I cry, reaching a hand out towards Noah. He laughs and pulls away. "Who hit you?!" Dad demands. I blush again. Now I have to tell my parents that this big bruise was caused by a dodgeball, not a fist.

I guess while I was spaced out, Noah told them what happened. My dad had joined Noah in his laughter and my mom was still angry. "Who threw the ball?" She asks. "I'm gonna kill them."

"It was Olivia" Noah says. "Who's Olivia?" I ask. "The girl you hit who faked her injury" he laughs. "I'm gonna kill her!" I scream. "Woah calm down you little psycho!" Preston says, putting his big hand on my shoulder.

"How am I supposed to calm down? I have to go to school tomorrow with this bruise on my face. People are going to stare!" I say. As I said before, I don't like attention.

"I'll put some makeup on it sweetie" mom offers. I turn to her. "Than-"

"No" Preston, Noah, and dad say. I groan.

"Why not?" Mom asks, crossing her arms. "Because she's too young to be wearing makeup" Dad says. "She doesn't need it" Preston says. Noah backs them up.

After the whole 5th grade incident my brothers haven't let me anywhere near makeup. I tried last year to put on a little bit of lipstick since another girl in my grade had shown up to school wearing some. Hayden found me and all hell broke loose.

"Don't be idiots. I'll only put on a little bit of foundation and cover up, just enough to hide the bruise. Do you want her to feel insecure all day?" Mom says, making her point. They sigh and wave it off with a 'whatever' as they leave the room.

Finally that's done with.

"Why does our family overreact at everything?" I ask mom as I grab an orange from our fruit basket. She laughs. "I guess I got it from your uncles and passed it down to your brothers" she says. I nod. "But that doesn't explain dad..." I say. She smiles and takes my orange peals to the garbage.

"Your dad is just being what almost every dad is." She says, coming back to me and resting her palm under my chin. I scrunch my face in confusion so she elaborates. "Overprotective, Babe. I dealt with it and now it's your turn" She says. I groan thinking about all the times my brothers and dad have been overprotective. A lot.

"Why couldn't I have been an only child?" I ask, looking up as if I were talking to god. Mom chuckles at me and says, "Sorry babe, brothers aren't that bad though!" She says, trying to cheer me up. Then I think about all the times that my brothers have been good to me. "I guess" I say.

Just as I say that Preston walks back into the kitchen smiling. That's weird.

"Noah stole your phone" he says. I look at the table to see that my phone wasn't beside me anymore.

"NOAH!"

________________________________
Hope you liked this chapter! I added Aiden's friends to the cast list so be sure to check them out!