kidnapped

Levi POV:

I sat at my desk up on the top floor of my building. Yes, my building. I'm pretty successful. How else would I be able to afford the amount of children I have?

I was in the middle of typing up an email when my personal cell rung. This must be important because no one ever calls my personal cell while I'm at work.

I reached down and fished the device out of my suit pocket, pressed the answer button without checking to see who it was, and tiredly put it up to my ear.

"Hel-" I was cut off.

"Aiden was kidnapped."

It took a second for that to fully register in my brain.

After it did, I didn't bother asking questions and instead, threw my phone across the room where it shattered into pieces.

This can't be happening.

Hurriedly I snatched the key I left hidden under a picture frame on my wall and rushed over to my desk. With clumsy hands I shakily tried to unlock the top drawer on my desk.

When I finally unlocked it and pulled it open and grabbed the black brief case it of it.

With the briefcase in hand I ran over to the elevator and pressed the down button a few hundred times until the doors finally opened and I jumped in.

Preston POV:

Gael briefly explained his situation to me. He said he didn't want to go into too much detail until everyone was hear so he wouldn't have to repeat himself but I managed to get a quick rundown.

Some bits weren't making sense though.

Why would his dad want to kidnap Aiden? How did he even know who Aiden or our family were?

All I was told was that Gael's father is a criminal and he kidnapped Aiden. I knew the situation was serious so I didn't press for more details because I knew everyone should be here to understand what was happening.

Waiting for everyone to get to the house was extremely painful. My baby sister was kidnapped and god only knows what's happening to her right now and all I could do was sit there. I felt useless.

When I heard the first car pull into the driveway I sprung up from my seat and ran to the door.

Before I could reach for the handle the door burst open and in stormed Dean, Noah, and Hayden. I had asked Dean to pick up Hayden and Noah from the mall where mom had dropped them off after they went for breakfast.

"What's happening? We were just about to stop at Nike!" Noah whined. I also told Dean not to inform them of anything until they got here to avoid panic.

"We have to wait for everyone else to get here and then Gael is going to explain." I tell them. Hayden's face scrunches in confusion.

"Why is Gael here?" He asks. Dean also seems confused as to why his friend is here. Noah just seemed bored. I felt bad for my little brothers because their confusion and calmness wasn't going to last when they find out what's happening.

I tried to remain calm and composed but on the inside I was a mess.

"Just go sit down." I tell them.

Once they've left the room I turn to Gael.

"I'm about to lose my shit man." I tell him.

——

10 minutes later the door bursts open again and the rest of our family walks in. Well, all except dad. He was at work so it would take him longer to get here.

"What is going on?" Emerson demands. He was definitely freaked by my frantic messages.

"We have to wait for dad to get here." I sigh.

"No need."

Behind Emerson stood our dad, looking furious.

——

"Alright I know that this is serious and shit but before I tell you guys what's happening you need to listen to me. That's all I ask." Gael says.

"Ok." We all state, too eager to find out what was happening.

"I'll get the first bit out of the way for you. Aiden has been kidnapped." He says. He looks around the room for everyone's reactions.

Everyone was confused and concerned.

Mom looked paralyzed and I noticed how dad reached over and pulled her close to him.

"The person who kidnapped her is my father." He states slowly.

Dad shakes his head.

"That doesn't make sense." He states. Gael sighs.

"I know you guys are confused and probably emotional right no-"

"No. That doesn't make sense. It couldn't have been your father that kidnapped Aiden." Dad interrupts. His voice hard and filled with guilt.

"What does that mean, Dad?" Greyson says, his face hard of emotions and fists clenched. I didn't blame him. The whole situation was extremely stressful and no one knew how to feel or what to do.

"He means it was his brother that kidnapped Aiden." Gael spoke. All our heads snapped to him. Dad was raging. He glared furiously at Gael.

"How did you know that?" He seethed.

"Because your brother is my father."

At this point I was ready to light something on fire.

None of this made sense.

Dad didn't have a brother. If he did, why didn't he tell us? Why would his brother kidnap Aiden? His own niece? Wait-

"Wouldn't that make you our cousin?" Noah asked. He voice was wavering a bit and I could tell he was trying to be strong. Growing up with brothers doesn't leave room for many emotions. I wanted to give him a hug.

"Yes." Gael breathed. He closed his eyes for a minute and then reopened them.

"I have some explaining to do." He states.

"And I think someone else does too." His gaze was fixed on my dad.

_________________________________
Hope you liked this chapter! I'm so happy to be writing again. I've been stuck with writers block for so long and it feels great to come back to this story. I'm sorry I didn't update anybody about what was happening and why I hadn't been updating.

I had an amazing person reach out to me a while ago about my book. The next few chapters will contain ideas and concepts that she has offered me and I'm so excited that I get to use them.

She has just published her first book on Wattpad and it would be great if you could check it out and give her some feedback. Her book is called 'Murders at Bay' and you can find it on her profile!

Thank you so much anonymouzwish for your help!