it kills me

"Hey sweetheart!"

All my brothers heads snapped towards me.

"What the hell is going on here?!" I demand. Quinn who was on one side of me grabbed my arm and gave me a look as if to tell me to tone it down. I knew he was right and that causing a scene wouldn't do anything so I listened.

"I was just having a friendly chat with guy over here!" Preston says, patting the dudes back. He scoffs. "I have a name you know." He says. I turn to look back at Preston. "Hey don't give me that look! Don't think I didn't notice your words! Watch your language!" Preston says back to me.

"Sorry that I was surprised to see my brother beating the crap out of some random dude!" I say, throwing my arms in the air dramatically.

He glares at me.

"Crap is not acceptable either. You're little. You're not supposed to be using such fowl language." He says. I roll my eyes.

"Take her away please." He says to Hayden. I scoff and shake my head. "No! You need to let that guy go and explain to me why you were about to kill him!" I say. Instead of anyone answering me, Hayden grabs me and throws me over his shoulder. With Ollie and Quinn following behind, he carries me away from the other boys.

"Let me down, Hayden!" I growl, hitting his back. He laughs and says, "Stop that tickles!" I groan and give up, falling limp on his shoulder.

When he finally reaches a point he deems far enough from the boys, he sets me down on my feet.

"Why is he beating up that dude, Hay?" I ask, using his nickname. He sighs. "The guy just said some things that pissed Prest off and you know how he is." He says. I sigh.

"Yes I understand that Preston has some anger issues, but he looked evil! Why was he so mad?" I ask, sitting down on a chair that was in the hall.

Ollie and Quinn took a seat on either side of me and Hayden shook his head.

"I'm not supposed to say anything." He says. I pout. "Come on Hay-Hay!" I say, making grabby hands at him. He groans. "Why are you like this?" He asks, putting my hands down. I pout harder and he frowns.

"Fine! Just don't tell Preston I told you! The reason he was so mad was because that guy had said stuff about you." He says, looking at me warily. I scrunch my face in confusion.

"What do you mean about me? Did he see me dance? Did he think I was bad?" I frown. I hate letting people down. Especially with dancing.

Quinn and Ollie sighed beside me, then both turned to look at me with an eyebrow raised, as if I was stupid.

"What?!" I yell, annoyed that everyone was keeping me in the dark. Hayden sighed. "Sometimes you can be so innocent and oblivious. It kills me." He says. I huff and cross my arms in frustration.

"The guy was talking about how you look. Saying stuff about your body." Hayden says, his body shivering in disgust. Immediately I feel gross and self conscious, only wearing my dance costume. I wrapped my arms around myself and looked down.

"I'm sorry." I say, feeling bad that Preston could've gotten in trouble for beating someone up because of me.

Hayden lifts me up and places me on his lap, then rubs my back.

"No, Baby. Don't be sorry. It's not your fault that there are such disgusting people in this world." He says, kissing my forehead. I nod.

He must've noticed my discomfort about my current outfit so he took off his sweatshirt and pulled it over my head.

"There. Now don't worry anymore. Preston is taking care of that guy and we'll make sure he doesn't see you again." He says, hugging me tightly. I hug him back around his waist and whisper a thanks in his ear.

"I'm not supposed to let you go till Emerson texts me but I will. Just don't tell, and stay with Quinn and Oliver." He says, rubbing my back. I nod and hop off his lap.

Quinn and Ollie grab my hands and we walk back towards the auditorium to get a snack.

——

Preston's POV- 9:30 PM:

"Did anyone tell mom or dad?" I ask. Everyone shakes their heads and I sigh.

I look over at my baby sister who was asleep on one of the hotel beds, cuddled up next to Noah. She was still wearing Hayden's sweatshirt but was now changed into pyjamas and had her makeup off and hair out. She was adorable.

"How are we going to tell dad?" Dean asks. Hayden scoffs. "Dad? What about mom! She'll have a panic attack!" He says. I sigh.

"I'll tell them tomorrow. They'll want to speak with Aiden and she's asleep right now. They need a good nights sleep anyways." I say.

Aiden stirs in Noah's arms and we all turn to her. Noah slows his breathing so his chest doesn't move too much and she nuzzles her head into his stomach.

"We should all go to sleep now. The first dance is early in the morning and we don't want to be tired." I say.

——

Aiden ended up winning 2nd on her solo and 1st on her trio with Ollie and Quinn. We all went out for a celebratory dinner.

We told mom and dad about what happened with that disgusting excuse of a man and mom took it surprisingly well. She had teared up a bit but got over it once she realized I handled it. Dad on the other hand flipped.

He paced the room screaming profanities and threats about how he was going to hunt the guy down and kill him and his family.

We had managed to calm him down a few hours later. HOURS!

We are home now. With only 1 week till Christmas it was total chaos.

"PRESTON!" Mom telles from the bottom of the stairs. I sigh. "Ya mom?" I yell back.

"TAKE AIDEN AND GO GET A TREE! NOT A REAL ONE BECAUSE YOU KNOW SHE'S SCARED OF THEM!" She yells back.

Yes, Aiden is afraid of real trees in our house. One time when she was 5, Dean told her a story about a family that had a real tree in their house for the first time and monsters had come in one Christmas Eve night and set it on fire, burning the house and family with it.

She's been horrified ever since. We thought maybe she'd grow out of it and realize Dean was an idiot but nope. Dean has been scolded many times.

I walk into Aiden's room to see her listening to something with her headphones. She must've been listening to some type of music because she was singing along quietly. She had a cute voice. Nothing like moms. It was adorable.

Knowing she couldn't hear me walk in I slowly crept up behind her and grabbed her waist, spidering my fingers around.

She screams and her headphone fall off as she squirms around. "Preston stop! PLEASE!" She cries, actual tears falling out of her eyes. I laugh and let go of her as she tries to regain her breath.

"What do you want?" She asks, wrapping her headphones up and putting them on her side table.

"Wanna buy a tree with me?"

_______________________________
Hope you liked this chapter!