only one person

Aiden's POV:

My uncle?

This doesn't make sense.

He said his last name was Carter so he wouldn't be moms brother. But dad is an only child. Did he lie to me? To us?

"Although I'd love to just leave you in confusion, that's not part of my plan. You're lucky." He says. I really wanted to ask him how the hell he could consider this lucky, but I let it go. It probably wasn't the best idea to be smart with my kidnapper who has already proven he's not afraid to hurt me.

"Let's start off with my childhood." He says.

"I was popular. I had boatloads of friends and even at the young age I was I'd of liked to consider myself quite the lady's man. I was involved in every school sport you can think of and my grades were never anything less than perfect. I was the golden child. Every parent wished for their kid to be more like me." He speaks, smiling as if reminiscing a memory, which he technically was doing.

"It was my 10th birthday. I had all my friends over for the best birthday party of the year and I got tons of cool presents. The day was amazing. Everything I could've wanted. That night after my friends had all gone home my parents sat me down at the table. They looked like they were trying to contain their smiles. I was curious. I asked them why they wanted to speak to me and that's when they let their smiles take over their faces. My mother was pregnant. This news was possibly the only thing that could've made my day better. I had always wanted a sibling. Sure I had loads of friends but part of me always wanted someone to look up to me. Someone I could mentor and goof around with that would always love me even if I did something wrong. Even though I was going to be 10 years older than my new sibling it didn't seem to matter because in my head I already started thinking of all the things we were going to do together. I was ecstatic." He says, this time his smile growing faint.

"The day he was born was the day I started feeling a change. I was old enough to understand that babies needed attention. It would be ridiculous of me to think nothing would change so I told myself to be patient. My brother needed his parents more than I did and I was okay with that. Time flew by with my parents paying the new baby more attention and now he was 4. I was now in middle school and I was struggling with my work. My grades had gone down significantly from my previous reports and my teachers were growing concern. They tried to offer me extra help but I didn't want to seem like some dumb kid who couldn't do their work so I denied them. I said it was just a bad week. I'd go home and ask my parents for help but they would always be too busy with him. Then he was 7. I had officially lost my parents. They were never there for me. They always had something more important to do with the little brat.

I was sick of it. My last attempt at gaining my parents attention back was with sudden rebellious acts. I'd start acting out in class, bullying kids around the school. I even tried vandalizing people's houses. I had gotten in trouble with the cops a few times and I even got driven home one night in the back of a cop car. My parents didn't even blink an eye at me. So I gave up. I decided that as soon as I turned 18 I would move out and finish school. I got a job at a restaurant working as a waiter to save up some cash. When I had finally moved out, which my parents could not have cared less about, and finished high school I had enough money to buy a plane ticket. I packed up everything I had and moved to Italy." He says. He then stands up.

"You have to know by now who my little brother is?" He says, his eyes narrowing as he stares into my soul.

"Levi Carter. Your son of a bitch for a father is the reason my parents stopped loving me." He yells, making me me flinch as he moved his hands around. He was going to hurt me soon. I just don't know when.

"Do you have any idea how much pain your father caused me?" He seethes, his face getting closer to mine every time I blink.

When I didn't answer him he slammed his knife down in my thigh causing me to jump in fright and pain. I took a sharp, shaky breath and let a single tear fall down my face. It hurts.

"I had been in Italy for 2 years and I wasn't ever able to keep a job. I had to do street work. Illegal shit. I sold drugs and occasionally got involved with small gangs. One night I visited a bar. I was drunk off my ass and had no idea where I even was. Then I saw the most gorgeous face I've ever seen. My angel. Azelia took care of me that night. She helped me home and tucked me to bed. When I woke up the next morning I had almost no memory of what had happened until I saw a note on my dresser from her. Her number. The entire night replayed in my head and I knew I had to see her again. We dated for months and then she finally introduced me to her family. Her father I had learned was the leader of a gang not much bigger than the ones I had worked with before. Her family loved me. I proposed to her a few months later. I knew she was the one." He says.

This time his smile was much brighter and he if he wasn't my deranged uncle who kidnapped me and was keeping me hostage I would probably have awed at the love he clearly had for his wife.

"Her father got sick 3 years after we married. He had entrusted his gang to me. I was ecstatic. Azelia and I could make our own empire together. When he passed away Azelia and I decided we should make our own family. So we had our son. That was when the plan was formed. Azelia had been aware of my past and childhood pretty quick into our relationship and she supported me fully. We raised our little boy his whole life to know how much of a monster your father is. I was arrested a couple years ago. Gang related shit. I was worried about my plan since I wasn't around to help conduct it. I should've put more trust into Azelia though. The second I escaped the prison she was right outside with 3 plane tickets all the way from Italy to here. I bought a small house and moved my family into there. Then we enrolled my son at your school. The plan was for him to befriend you to gain your trust. You and your brothers. Then he would help me get to you." He says, a frown taking over his face near the end.

I was distraught. There was only one person who he could've been talking about.

"Too bad Gael got too attached."

____________________________
Hope you liked this chapter! I'd like to say thank you to everyone commenting and voting on my book. It makes my day to read comments and it makes me feel better about my writing. Especially the last chapter. I got a few comments thanking me for updating and it made me so happy so I'd like to thank you all for that!

Also, I know some of the ages don't make sense and I'm just gonna ask you to please just not think much of it?

Thank you for reading!