let go or die

Aiden's POV:

I sat with Gael under the tree for an hour. He texted my brothers after we finally got up and told them to meet us at the same tree at lunch and then we went back to class.

"What's going on?" Dean asks, confused as to why his friend asked to meet him and his little sister together. He looks at me and seems to notice the dried tear stains and the very visible slap mark that Octavia left me. Suddenly his eyes grew wide and dark.

"Did you touch her?" He shouts angrily. He grabs Gaels shirt and his breathing gets heavy.

"No!" I shout back, trying to get between them. Dean pushes me away. "Don't defend him if he hit you Aiden." He growls, lifting his fist to punch Gael. I suck in a deep breath and lunge towards Dean to stop him.

Luckily and unexpectedly Gael somehow manoeuvres his way out of Deans iron grip and reverses it so Dean is being held with his arms restrained so he can't hurt anyone.

"Calm down." Gael says firmly. Dean glares at him but does calm down.

"I didn't hurt Aiden. This is why we wanted to meet you. Wait for the other 2 and we'll explain." Gael says, hesitantly letting go of my brother.

"Sorry man. I jumped to conclusions." Dean apologizes?! What the hell? The only times he apologizes to me is so he doesn't get in trouble. Even then it's always half-assed.

I stood there gaping at the scene happening in front of me for a good 30 seconds before snapping out of it and remembering what we called the boys here for anyways.

It really wasn't a big deal in my opinion. I was only slapped. Unfortunately though I wasn't in my first period class. My brothers have eyes and ears all over the school and even though I'm not even part of the high school division, they would definitely find out. I'm already grounded and I don't need them getting any more angry with me.

Just as I was about to casually explain the situation Gael beat me to it.

"Aiden got beat up." He says. All eyes snap to me as they examine my seemingly unharmed body.

I leaned over to Gael and lightly slapped his arm. "Idiot." I say. He laughs.

"What he meant to say is that I was slapped." I say, pointing to the mostly faded red mark on my cheek.

"You may be wondering why you should care that I was slapped," I start. "If we didn't care would we really be asking who slapped you?" Hayden says. I roll my eyes. "You actually haven't asked, nor have I told you." I say. "Well then who slapped you?" Noah asks. "I'm getting to it!" I say, tired of not being able to tell the story.

"Anyways, it was Octavia who slapped me,"

Gasps left their mouths as they turned to look at each other and dramatically talk between themselves about the newfound information. Sometimes they can be such idiots.

"The only reason I'm telling you this is because she slapped me after getting angry that I wouldn't set her up with one of you. You're welcome." I say, crossing my arms and smiling. I might've been slapped but at least now they owe me one. This could come in handy someday.

"She what? I swear to god she gets more and more fucked in the head every time I hear about her." Dean curses, shaking his head and moving his hand to my chin as he inspects my already fading mark. I pry his hand off my chin and give him an annoyed yet playful glare.

"Exactly. I saved your ass. Even yours Hayden, and she's 2 years older than you." I say, pointing at him.

"I've been waiting but I don't recall hearing a 'thank you' from any of you." I say.