21- facing your fears

ɪɴ ᴀɴᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ʟɪꜰᴇ, ɪ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ  ̶g̶i̶r̶l̶  ʙᴏʏ

                       ᴡᴇ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴀʟʟ ᴏᴜʀ ᴘʀᴏᴍɪꜱᴇꜱ, ʙᴇ ᴜꜱ ᴀɢᴀɪɴꜱᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ

________________________________

please read the authors note at the end..pwease

no one pov

taehyung tried to control his breathing, as he sat right next to jungkook. feeling the olders gaze on him as he drew. trying to concentrate on the strokes of his pencil on the paper.

jungkook on the other hand, could feel his heart racing. not really knowing why he thought staying alone with taehyung would be a good idea, but here he was. 

with a small sigh, jungkook tried to lean over a little to see what taehyung was drawing. but he couldnt see.

"so....whatcha drawing?" jungkook cursed himself for acting so weird. taehyung shyly glanced up at the elder, taking his eyes of the paper for the first time. "um....do you wanna see?" he asked. surprised at how small his voice came out.

jungkook nodded, so taehyung picked up his book, handing it over to the ravenette. he was a little scared because he never really showed his art to anyone. it was more of a personal thing. but..on the other hand, this wasnt the first time he'd shown jungkook his art. just...the first time in about 5 years.

jungkook looked at the pencil sketch. but it was way more than a sketch. it was so detailed and complex. jungkook really liked it. 

"i-it might not be that good..." taehyung answered shyly, feeling insecure.

jungkook immediately took his eyes of the paper, looking at the dirty blond. "no, its really good. dont talk so bad about yourself." jungkook said as if he was almost scolding the younger. he hated that taehyung would think so bad about himself.

the younger looked down, trying to hold his smile. he felt something in his heart at jungkooks words. he knew it was wrong, but it felt good. "ok..." he whispered, relieving jungkook.

"is it done yet?" jungkook asked, taking in taehyungs features. taehyung shrugged. "i dont know..maybe. i dont know what else to add." the boy said, his gaze falling on the crashing waves. longing, wishing he could go in. but of course..he had to be a scaredy cat.

jungkook followed the males eyes. seeing that he was looking at the ocean. jungkook knew taehyung wanted to go in the water. he knew because taehyung used to tell him. how he wished he could swim with all the little fish, and see the coral. 

jungkook looked at the younger male. knowing what feeling he was feeling. looking at something you couldn't have. the feeling of longing. the feeling of fear. the feeling of want.

"do you wanna go in?" jungkook asked softly, taehyung tearing his eyes away from the water. "what?" he asked softly. "do you wanna go in the water?" jungkook asked again. taehyung didnt answer fo a little bit. "i dont know.." he whispered. jungkook watched him. "why dont you know?" he asked.

"im scared." taehyung whispered again. jungkook nodded. "i know...but i promise i'll be with you."

for some reason, those words gave taehyung a bit of confidence. he would ask himself why they did, but he was too focused on going in the water. he bit his lip lightly and nodded. "o-ok." he replied quietly.