Chapter Sixty-Seven: Sweet Sixteen

Gabriel leaned back against his locked bedroom door, shutting his eyes. His brows furrowed, jaw clenching while forcing himself to take in deep breaths and let it out slow. Mentally, he counted backwards from ten and got to eight before the rage he felt spiked.

The teenager grabbed the baseball sitting on the dresser next to him and threw it with a frustrated grunt. The ball whipped across the room, knocking into the lamp and then made a hole in the wall. 

He stared at the baseball pinned into the plaster. 

'Crap...' Gabriel scowled. 

In a matter of one day, Gabriel's life had been completely turned upside-down. From being grounded, to Marina cornering him, to Conrad tampering with the food at the party, to hitting Eve's father, and then just being told he'd be on a plane to his grandparents next Friday.

"What the fuck?!" Gabriel growled, curling his fists so tight they trembled.

Gabriel's whole life was here. Eve was here. He just got her and now he was losing her because Gabriel couldn't control his temper.

Gabriel groaned on his way to his bed. Laying on his stomach, he sighed, staring at nothing until using a finger to flick lazily at his bedspread. 

He felt so frustrated... so suffocated. So stupid that he was going to have to hide from Eve that he was leaving. Gabriel was not going to be her boyfriend any longer and that sucked so much.

They were never going to be together. Everything, and anything, that kept coming between them, did. And neither of their fathers wanted them together to begin with. Eve's father because Gabriel was two years older, and his own father because Eve didn't fit in Gabriel's planned out life.

Gabriel rolled onto his back, staring up at the ceiling with his hands on his stomach.

"This is such crap..." he muttered.

After a moment of just lying there, Gabriel pulled himself up to sit on the edge of the bed. He wondered why his father had to be such an asshole. 

Gabriel rolled his eyes, pushing his father away from his mind to avoid feeding his temper. He leaned over the edge to pull up his backpack onto his lap and pulled out his phone to listen to music.

Once his earphones were on, Gabriel scrolled with a frown through his phone playlist until a suitable Seether song was found. The volume wasn't as loud as he'd normally have it but he knew it was kind of late to have his stereo going again. He was in enough trouble as it was.

Gabriel stood up and kicked off his shoes before he picked them up and tossed them by his closet. They didn't even get close to it.

Rolling his eyes, Gabriel reached behind his head and tugged off his t-shirt, crumpling it and used it like a basketball to aim and swish it into his hamper next to his closet door. He dropped his arms to his sides and sighed again.

He hated sighing. It was a sign of defeat. And unfortunately, Gabriel was pretty much defeated. 

Sitting back on his bed to remove his socks, Gabriel lifted his head at thinking he could hear a small noise despite the music playing in his ears. He frowned, his eyes solely looking around then he pulled an earphone out to listen again.

Nothing.

Shrugging a shoulder, Gabriel placed the earphone back in, and then tossed the socks aside before standing up to remove his jeans. He tossed them aside, not bothering to put them away. He just left them on the floor.