ღChapter Twelve: A Terrible Nightmare

.ღ.

It was times like this Eve wished she'd control her temper and impulses to beat Gabriel McNeill at his own games. They only led to trouble. And where trouble was, more of Gabriel would surely be. Like now.

So many thoughts were going through Eve's mind and they were all in the form of tiny work people running around in circles because their 'brain office' was burning in flames. They were unable to figure out what to do or what files to open to get her out of this situation.

For crying out loud! She was kissing Gabriel! Gabriel!

When she had taken hold of his face and pulled him to her, Eve had expected for him to pull away. For him to make a scene at what the hell she was did. She maybe expected him to shove her away and gag. But none of that had happened. None of what she had thought had happened.

No, instead, she felt Gabriel's hands take hold of her waist and pull her closer. His mouth parted hers, taking hold of her lips better. This kiss was different. Albeit this was new to Eve, it was... interesting. He definitely knew how to kiss, that was for sure and Eve leaned into him a bit more.

After another moment, Eve's eyes snapped open, her eyes scanning the face in front of hers. She realized what was happening and she pulled her hands from his face to place against his chest and shoved him back, hard. Gabriel had stumbled backwards, blinking a few times. He just looked at her, not saying anything in his own stupor.

Eve gulped, her eyes wide.

What had she done?! What just happened?!

She had no time for reasoning right now though. She had to get to class! Yes! Class! She was already really late! Something that never happened to her. 

Eve felt her jaw tighten, gritting her teeth hard and took a step back away from Gabriel. She shook her head, her frown deepening. She turned on her heel and came to a sudden halt, her eyes now wider than they were before at seeing Greg standing at the corner of the hall with his mouth dropped open and blue eyes wide. But this was not the moment to panic. Oh, no. Eve had no time. She---she had to get to class!

With a scowl over her shoulder at Gabriel, Eve made a beeline down the hall. She did all she could to keep from looking at Greg and walked around him, picking up her pace and then started running down the hall when Gabriel shouted, "No, wait!"

But she couldn't wait. Not right now. Not ever. Not for Gabriel. She hated Gabriel and now he was going to think otherwise.

Eve slowed to a walking pace once she was around the corner and knew she was far enough away from the boys. She stopped and sulked looking upward. Eve closed her eyes, sighing heavily. She groaned, grunting when she turned and kicked at a locker nearby with full force. She didn't pay attention to the pain she felt in her toe; she was too concentrated on what just happened back there.

She kissed Gabriel!

The one person she hated the most got her to kiss him! He stole her first kiss! 

But Eve really knew that she was at fault in this. She could have waited until she saw Garrett and then kissed him. But noooo. Eve had to prove it right then and there that she was capable of 'being spontaneous' and now look what happened!

Eve groaned thinking about what Charlie would say when she found out. Because Eve knew Gabriel, the arrogant jerk that he was, would brag about making out with Eve, his long-time nemesis.