Chapter Fifty-Eight: Deal

ღ.

Eve pulled back, frowning at Gabriel after he stood still.

The Senior mirrored her frown as he craned his neck back. "What the hell did I do already?"

Narrowing her eyes, Eve demanded, "Did you get into a fight with Conrad?"

Gabriel looked upward, squinting. He glanced to the side, still squinting, but then glanced at Eve. Shaking his head, Gabriel said he didn't know what she was talking about. 

The eye roll Eve did had Gabriel scoff as he admitted that Conrad deserved more than a broken nose and raccoon eyes. He scowled behind her, muttering that Conrad could have hit the bleachers on the way down a bit harder. 

Gabriel raised his brows, eyes wide and tilting his head to the side a bit and reasoned, "A broken tooth would have sufficed at least."

"Gabriel."

"---so he'd miss a toothpaste commercial or something."

Eve narrowed her eyes and scolded her boyfriend that Gabriel shouldn't have done that. And now because of her, Gabriel now lost some of his Senior activities.

The boy rolled his eyes, shaking his head, "Please. Come on, Everleigh."

He raised his brows.

"If you haven't figured it out by now, you are pretty damn worth missing out on a Senior Sunrise for."

Gabriel kissed her cheek, raising a brow. "Can we stop fighting now? I happened to miss you a lot at school today."

Eve deadpanned that this wasn't even physical enough to be fighting.

The Senior wiggled his brows, playfully. "Physical, huh? Skipping quite some steps, aren't ya, Prin--- Ow!"

Eve flicked him twice between the eyes and Gabriel craned his neck back. He growled at her that once was quite enough. She ignored him, trying to flick him again until noticing the brown paper bag in one of his hands.

"What's that?"

Eve light pushed her hands against him to be let back on her feet.

Gabriel shrugged, "I happen to ask Mom to pick this up for me before I went to school today. She said she was happy to since she was going to the mall for some new---" he shook his head, scrunching his nose, "—heels or some crap."

He held the bag to her, nodding for her to open it.

Eve glanced at him through a squint, but Gabriel just made a face, scrunching his nose.

Unfolding the bag, Eve peered into it then snapped her head up with wide eyes. Her stuttering, "This is... you... Why..." She swallowed, reaching her hand in as she finished, "No one's ever gotten me anything like this before."

Eve pulled out a silver braided headband with gems all along the top rim of the braided metal. The three green gems attached together made for leaves under the pink rose-shaped gems sitting on top of the green ones. It sparkled in the sunlight.

Eve swallowed, looking up at Gabriel. She couldn't describe how it felt that he could only make Eve feel so wonderful and scared at the exact same time.

"You mentioned you didn't like your hair being so short," Gabriel explained, lowering a brow as he eyed the sparkling headband still in her hand. He nodded to the side, smiling, "And no matter how much I told you how you are still as beautiful as before---"

Eve blushed, rolling her eyes with a small smile.

Gabriel shrugged, biting his lip. "I figured wearing this would make you feel a bit better—if at all."